How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played the back 9 and shot 44 having not picked up a club for 6 weeks.  5 pars and 4 doubles.... So yeah, im none the wiser. 

5.30 tee offs are always great though with everyone hanging around waiting for the sun to rise! 

• Like 3

Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Driver

Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Irons

Mizuno MP R12 Wedges

TM Daytona 1 Rossa

Yesterday I was called to play Wolf at the other course in town.  Haven't played there for awhile, but the course is looking better than it has in a long time; furry greens so putts were slower than I'm used to and they are going to punch them next week.

The front 9 was pretty good for me... 39, but I stumbled coming in with a double bogey, bogey, double bogey finish for a 45.  Woulda, shoulda, coulda!!!  I lost 4 quarters!!  🤣

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 4/7/2022 at 1:16 PM, Sluggo42 said:

Somehow I scored well, probably the 3 birdies…, but I didn’t feel like I played well.

im convinced that biorhythms play a part in your play. Some days you got it, some days you are just out of sorts. It’s amazing to me how the pros are able to play through the off days…

Some don't...  just like us.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Yesterday I was called to play Wolf at the other course in town.  Haven't played there for awhile, but the course is looking better than it has in a long time; furry greens so putts were slower than I'm used to and they are going to punch them next week.

The front 9 was pretty good for me... 39, but I stumbled coming in with a double bogey, bogey, double bogey finish for a 45.  Woulda, shoulda, coulda!!!  I lost 4 quarters!!  🤣

They punched / sanded ours about 2 weeks ago. They’re VERY furry and slow 

• Like 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 5-AW

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

1 hour ago, Sluggo42 said:

They punched / sanded ours about 2 weeks ago. They’re VERY furry and slow 

They did ours last Sun/Mon and didn't do a very good job sanding.  Of course the 30-50 mph wind on Tuesday didn't help; I think it blew a lot of sand out of the holes.  They keep the greens mowed pretty short so speed is OK; not as fast as they will be in a month, but they are a lot faster than the course I played yesterday.

• Like 1

@Mtbryant01 was nice enough to invite me to his club today and play. Great teach at Hoover Country Club with good weather also, albeit a little chilly to start the morning. Did not play my best, shot 12 over on the front and 6 over on the back for a 90. Irons still my weakness and also didn’t putt great either. Drove it well as I hit 70% of fairways and the ones I missed were not by much either besides one hole. Chipped well besides out of bunkers, which I did not do well. 

• Like 5

I played my first round of Spark Golf on Thursday. It's been months since my first and only game.  I was really bad and double bogeyed almost every hole, so mostly just picked up and went to next hole. The guys I played with were great and put up with my slowness and terrible play. I'm going again next Thursday and hope to do better. At least I've been on the front 9 of this course once. 

• Like 2

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra RADSpeed XB 10.5° Motore X F3

Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra 3/F Baffler Rail F 15.5°

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra BiO Cell Red 4 - PW

Wedges: :vokey-small: Spin Milled 52°, 56°, 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Stroke Lab OG #7

Ball: :titleist-small: Velocity Matte Orange

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FJ Flex

My game continues to be in the tank, as it has been all winter on the new course.  Putted very poorly today, as well as having trouble with the sand traps (wet, compacted).  The course is playing wet, so we're not getting much (if any) roll from our drives--pretty much get what you hit.  As a result, I'm struggling reaching the greens in regulation.  Couple that with being spooked at hitting the wedges out of the tight, but wet turf and it's a disaster.  I'm not striking the ball all that poorly, but the other aspects of my game have me pretty much snake bitten.  (Putting is normally good, but today was abysmal!). 

• Like 4

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at N) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*)-- Mitishibishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 19* and 24* -- Fujikura Atmos R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R +1/2 inch 3* up

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 52*, 56* and 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge shaft

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX  

:Arccos:

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

We had 44 players yesterday for our Saturday Game.  Weather was cool 62-72 but Sunny. My play was horrific, but had its moments, with a Closest to the Pin on 130 yd par 3 #7.  I was 1’9” from the hole, made the putt and collected $21.  In all, I shot a 93 and was -3 on my Points Quota.  My shoulder did not feel good all day and was sore the rest of the day.

• Like 6

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft or Wilson Staff Triton w/Paderson IMRTx regular shaft

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 5W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*)w/Recoil ES regular shaft and Tour Edge CBX119 4 Hybrid(22*) w/Project X Evenflo

Irons: Ben Hogan Ptx 5-PW w/Recoil 660 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Ben Hogan Tkt-15 (49*/53*/57*) w/Recoil 660 Regular shafts 

Putter: 33”  Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black). 

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Using Shot Scope V3 and MG4000 Rangefinder

55 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

We had 44 players yesterday for our Saturday Game.  Weather was cool 62-72 but Sunny. My play was horrific, but had its moments, with a Closest to the Pin on 130 yd par 3 #7.  I was 1’9” from the hole, made the putt and collected $21.  In all, I shot a 93 and was -3 on my Points Quota.  My shoulder did not feel good all day and was sore the rest of the day.

Have any wind?  We had 20 mph winds all day with gusts! 

• Sad 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Meh. Had a really good practice sesh a few days ago so came in feeling positive, but just couldn't connect with the ball as well today... 🤷‍♂️

Despite the temps and chilly fingers .. even with gloves! and extra layers .. and wind and gusts I did manage a few nice shots (so I got that going for me 😄) but otoh the wedge game was more off than on.

Still more work to do!

One bright spot - the lone Par 5 on the front 9, that I made a messy double on last time, hit 3 decent shots in a row to get the ball onto the green in a not too bad spot behind the hole and not all that far away. But, of course, after leaving the first putt pretty close I just had to 3 putt..! 🤪🤣

• Like 7

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Big Bertha B21 driver (Recoil ES 450/F3)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Epic Max 5W (PX Cypher 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZT9/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Since it rained and snowed yesterday, I knew the course was going to be muddy. They also punched the greens. The fairways are still dormant. That was enough to make the decision to not keep score.  I also went out early so I could be home to watch the Masters. We had a frost delay but when I teed off It was 40 degrees and sunny. Not ideal but at least I got out.

All the woods in the bag behaved themselves. Hybrid was good. My iron game directionally was spot on but I was short a lot. The ground was soft and getting no bounce around the greens. Wound up with a couple balls plug at the edge of the green. My chipping which is normally very good decided to take a day off. I sculled one, came up short quite a few times. This put pressure on the putter. Putting was ok at best. Lag putts were good which left tap ins. Missed a few shorter ones but the punched holes in the green didn't help any. It's all good, it's early in the season and it was good to get out. 

Trying to get out and get the rust off due to an upcoming golf tournment that I'm in a week from Tuesday. 

• Like 8

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

(1) Yellow Balls are shorter than white balls; (2) Yellow Balls are straighter than white balls; and (3) Yellow Balls putt better than white balls.  🤣

Hmmm.. this needs to be put through the official Most Wanted Testing protocols 😉

• Haha 5

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Big Bertha B21 driver (Recoil ES 450/F3)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Epic Max 5W (PX Cypher 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZT9/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Played a 2 day tournament , scoring doesn't reflect how I was hitting the ball, I drove the ball really well, specially in the wind I thought the Stealth performed the best there. Irons game was solid and wedge game continues to be the strength. Missed a lot putts burning the edges, or lip outs.  Sunday putting was a challenge with the wind pushing putts around and you trying to hit them thru the wind. But overall felt good about my game trending in the right directions. 
image.png.2107947f2ca3113cd308dec52d4cda71.png
image.png.d672e21e27185412bf81ab8bae0ced21.png

• Like 5

Driver:  TaylorMade Stealth HD - 9.0 with  NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff
3 -Wood: TourEdge Exotic C721 13.5 with Hrdz RDX Blue Stiff
3 -Hybrid TourEdge Exotic C721 with Hrdz RDX Blue Stiff
4-Hybrid: TourEdge Exotic C721 with KBS 80 Stiff
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
Wedges: Taylormade MG3 - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: ER10 Outback Mallet, 34in
Balls: TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:   LX5 Watch

TESTING: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch

Bad scoring round. My chipping and putting was not there.  Playing at links style course with no trees and wind was strong   Ask the club pro how to play into a strong head wind 

some Suggestions and tips to try out against the wind  next time for me  

With the driver and 3wood tee the ball lower than normal and make the swing less upright    
With the irons take 1-2 clubs more and play punchy/knockdown shot.  Ball middle /back of stance with shorter length swing   Don’t use a tee or tee barely above the ground for those punchy shot 

Take out the hybrid  instead of 4/5 iron

Flighted low draw is easier than low cut 

• Like 4

Baptism of fire this afternoon for the Halo irons… I’m playing the first round of a 2 day low gross low net tournament, and they’re going to be in the bag.
They have been terrific so far, but I’m not sure I’ve quite dialed in all my yardages. We shall see…🤞🏻

• Like 4

:ping-small: G425 Max 9*(set at 10*) Distanza 

:callaway-small: Rogue ST Max D 16* NVS Orange

:cleveland-small: Hy-wood 18* Cypher

:cleveland-small: Halo Launcher XL 4-DW Cypher   

:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58* DG 115

L.A.B. Golf DF2.1 BGT Stability Tour Black 65* 34”

:OnCore: Elixir Yellow round things

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+ Black stand bag 

36 minutes ago, Haro said:

With the driver and 3wood tee the ball lower than normal and make the swing less upright    

This can add spin and would be worse than normal tee height shots.

37 minutes ago, Haro said:

With the irons take 1-2 clubs more and play punchy/knockdown shot.  Ball middle /back of stance with shorter length swing   Don’t use a tee or tee barely above the ground for those punchy shot 

Also need to make sure to not ad spin here. Have to take normal swing speed

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

50* this morning but no wind!  Course was in awful shape, greens/tees horrible.  Got a few pars but spent more time looking for my Buddy Wayward shorts, the guy is really struggling.

I was happy with Driver & irons, dunno about Putting with the green as bad as it was.  Missed 2 Birdies but blaming greens.

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 minutes ago, Rickp said:

50* this morning but no wind!  Course was in awful shape, greens/tees horrible.  Got a few pars but spent more time looking for my Buddy Wayward shorts, the guy is really struggling.

I was happy with Driver & irons, dunno about Putting with the green as bad as it was.  Missed 2 Birdies but blaming greens.

I'm starting to worry about you. If you are driving around looking for your buddies shorts you are hanging around with the wrong group! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"