How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

18 hours ago, Yellow Ball said:

You played the Windmill! Did the 18th hole have a clowns mouth too. 34 putts for mini golf is a little high. 🤣

It did, in fact. It was a picture of your face...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0

Hybrid: Maltby KE4 HDI 4 and 5 UST Recoil 660 F4
Irons: Maltby DBM Forged UST Recoil 660 F4
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S

Wedge: SCOR4161 46° and 50° 
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

15 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Went to the CountryClub for Easter buffet. Well it was a beautiful day and I just so happened to have my golf clothes and clubs in the car. We had two cars there so after the buffet I said boywhat a great day for golf. I got the look but eventually I wore the wife down.  She said fine we will see you later. 

The breeze I imparted in the room was enough to fly a few napkins off the tables as I headed out the door. Course was wide open. Finially no wind and sunshine. Shorts and a golf shirt made for some easy swinging and was hitting greens in regulation instead of coming up short.

Two birds and a bogey on the front and one bird and two bogies on the back for a 71 which is par for the course. Everything is starting to come together and feeling good again. Even the chipping is back in tune.  I birdied the number 1 handicap hole which is a rarity. 

Just to add icing on the cake.. I can see a hint of green trying to come out in the fairways. 

Good shooting 👍

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

41 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Went to the CountryClub for Easter buffet. Well it was a beautiful day and I just so happened to have my golf clothes and clubs in the car. We had two cars there so after the buffet I said boywhat a great day for golf. I got the look but eventually I wore the wife down.  She said fine we will see you later. 

The breeze I imparted in the room was enough to fly a few napkins off the tables as I headed out the door. Course was wide open. Finially no wind and sunshine. Shorts and a golf shirt made for some easy swinging and was hitting greens in regulation instead of coming up short.

Two birds and a bogey on the front and one bird and two bogies on the back for a 71 which is par for the course. Everything is starting to come together and feeling good again. Even the chipping is back in tune.  I birdied the number 1 handicap hole which is a rarity. 

Just to add icing on the cake.. I can see a hint of green trying to come out in the fairways. 

I think it was a complete coincidence you had your clubs in the car and it sounds like it worked out good for you. I'm glad you were able to get out and it's good to hear its starting to green up. Great shooting, Tom!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I think it was a complete coincidence you had your clubs in the car and it sounds like it worked out good for you. I'm glad you were able to get out and it's good to hear its starting to green up. Great shooting, Tom!

Yes it was a complete coincidence that I put a pair of shorts, golf socks, golf shoes, hat, and clubs in the car without being seen before heading over to the club. 😃

• Haha 8
  • Hmmm 1

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

5 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Yes it was a complete coincidence that I put a pair of shorts, golf socks, golf shoes, hat, and clubs in the car without being seen before heading over to the club. 😃

It's crazy how things work out. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’ve had about 2 weeks of bad play, these swing changes are really taking a toll on course. This weekend frustration took over. I just gave up and tried going back to old swing feels, and that surely did not help. After a couple glasses of vino, I realized this is just part of the process. I am gonna take the bad, and focus my practice this week around that and record more of my swings during practice and review them. Back to the grind tomorrow. 

• Like 7

:srixon-small: ZX7 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei White 60s

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X-Stiff

:srixon-small: ZX Utility 3 20* Nippon GOST S 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW Project X 6.0

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 52.10 Mid Dynamic Gold TI Spinner

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 56.10 Full Dynamic Gold TI Spinner

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Full Face 60.09 Dynamic Gold TI Spinner

:EVNROLL: ER5v Short Plumber's Neck 35"  2021 MGS TESTER

:srixon-small: Z-STAR

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

I've been having muscle spasms in my back for awhile; mostly getting out of bed in the morning... figured it was my new pain for the year.  So, today my wife and I played with the other couple we are playing with at a charity scramble at the end of the month.  

We played a scramble again like we did last weekend; used 4 drives from each of us.  We did much better today with 8 birdies, but we also had 2 bogeys (mostly due to the still-punched holes in the greens).  I had a couple of poor shots into greens that hurt my back, but other than those I felt pretty good.  I did mishit my tee shot on the par 3 #15 to 4 inches for a tap-in.  🤣

I was the putting anchor; my speed was dead on today, but some putts didn't break like normal because of the punch holes (generally the holes tend to take some break out).  

I also think I've found a replacement for my 2H for long shots... Callaway Epic Max Heavenwood.  I've never hit a FW so consistently well... straight... and I can even draw it very easily.  I have 29 more days from CPO to see if it's just a "honeymoon effect".

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

39 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

I’ve had about 2 weeks of bad play, these swing changes are really taking a toll on course. This weekend frustration took over. I just gave up and tried going back to old swing feels, and that surely did not help. After a couple glasses of vino, I realized this is just part of the process. I am gonna take the bad, and focus my practice this week around that and record more of my swings during practice and review them. Back to the grind tomorrow. 

Don't get frustrated with on course play when you are making swing changes.  They take time and should only be the focus during practice.  Unless you are playing a practice round, you should just go out and play without swing thoughts.  Focus only on the target.  When your swing changes begin to become your new normal, then you will see on course improvements.  Good luck!!

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Don't get frustrated with on course play when you are making swing changes.  They take time and should only be the focus during practice.  Unless you are playing a practice round, you should just go out and play without swing thoughts.  Focus only on the target.  When your swing changes begin to become your new normal, then you will see on course improvements.  Good luck!!

I appreciate it, yeah I had way too many swing thoughts. The target was almost an afterthought. I have been a mess. 

• Like 2

:srixon-small: ZX7 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei White 60s

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X-Stiff

:srixon-small: ZX Utility 3 20* Nippon GOST S 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW Project X 6.0

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 52.10 Mid Dynamic Gold TI Spinner

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 56.10 Full Dynamic Gold TI Spinner

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Full Face 60.09 Dynamic Gold TI Spinner

:EVNROLL: ER5v Short Plumber's Neck 35"  2021 MGS TESTER

:srixon-small: Z-STAR

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

(sighs). C'mon man... 😠

IMG_20220418_082435511_HDR.jpg.2a867ecc95c2e1b1f5fb3dc4b8f10a18.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver

Tour Edge Exotics 3 wood and Bazooka 7 wood

Titleist 21° and Grand Hawk XR3 hybrids

Adams Idea 6-PW

Titleist Vokey SM7 50° 54°  and C3I 65° wedges

Ray Cook Silver Ray IV putter

1 hour ago, JerryB said:

(sighs). C'mon man... 😠

IMG_20220418_082435511_HDR.jpg.2a867ecc95c2e1b1f5fb3dc4b8f10a18.jpg

Exactly why I moved to Phoenix:

Mon 25

96°/62°
Sunny
0%
S 8 mph

Tue 26

98°/64°
Sunny
0%
SSW 10 mph
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx 10.5* ... LinQ M40X 6F3
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 5-Pw Forged Tec ... Steelfiber i80R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

1 hour ago, MrBandit said:

Played tournament this past Saturday, and for the first time in a long time I had everything working, Driving was consistent, Irons were really good, chipping and putting continue to be the backbone of my game. Putting was as good as expected with the greens full of Poa Anna..so it was putt and prey .. had some putts that it would just jump off line as the very end.. Frustrating, but everyone had to deal with it, so it was who can survive it the best.

The unfortunate thing that happen in this round was coming out the bunker on #2 after hitting a great bunker shot.
As I was stepping out of the bunker, I heard a pop on the bottom of my foot (per webmed Plantar Fascia Rupture)  So I had to hobble the rest of the round, good thing it was on my right foot , it think if it would have been my left I would have to withdraw.

Trying to get an appointment today to confirm. Could be some very minimal golf for the next few weeks if not months.

image.png.755462f176fa03b6f5fe391b8468c2fc.png 

Hope it's not serious.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chisag said:

Exactly why I m over to Phoenix:

Mon 25

96°/62°
Sunny
0%
S 8 mph

Tue 26

98°/64°
Sunny
0%
SSW 10 mph

Never really occurred to me before but do people play midday in your area?

• Hmmm 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver

Tour Edge Exotics 3 wood and Bazooka 7 wood

Titleist 21° and Grand Hawk XR3 hybrids

Adams Idea 6-PW

Titleist Vokey SM7 50° 54°  and C3I 65° wedges

Ray Cook Silver Ray IV putter

55 minutes ago, chisag said:

shoot some Humana commercials and an infomercial

Hopefully this won't involve getting bowled over by a Tupperware avalanche

Tupperware Avalanche GIF | Gfycat

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small: Epic Speed 15°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke iM10 60g  6.0

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS-logo - KZG Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... But I am about to do a mini version of winter layoff as I am leaving for Brooklyn to shoot some Humana commercials and an infomercial and won't be back til Saturday. Most I have taken off in 1.5 years since moving here is 2 days and I didn't play this weekend making it an 8 day layoff!  I know some Northeners would tar and feather me for just missing 8 days only but for me that is a long time. 🤪

Take your clubs and take a 50 minute drive to Bethpage while you are up there. Then it's a business expense.   

• Like 6

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

17 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Take your clubs and take a 50 minute drive to Bethpage while you are up there. Then it's a business expense.   

Great suggestion!!!

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list