How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played 2 tournaments 2 weekend in a row, and came in second both times. The kicker is last week, I played the best I have all year, Driver, Irons, Wedges, Putting all was working. Even with the foot injury. 

This weekend, was the the worse I have played all year, out of no where I got a case of the left. Everything was a a draw or draw pull. I couldn't get out of it, it was so frustrating. Even my putting was horrible, but somehow I was able to squeak out a decent score. The Eagle on #10 was nice surprise.
image.png.1141034a4833edb66dbb86333214b104.png

Stupid golf! 😜

Edited by MrBandit
  • Like 8

Driver:  TaylorMade Stealth HD - 9.0 with  NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff
3 -Wood: TourEdge Exotic C721 13.5 with Hrdz RDX Blue Stiff
3 -Hybrid TourEdge Exotic C721 with Hrdz RDX Blue Stiff
4-Hybrid: TourEdge Exotic C721 with KBS 80 Stiff
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
Wedges: Taylormade MG3 - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: ER10 Outback Mallet, 34in
Balls: TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:   LX5 Watch

TESTING: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch

My round yesterday was much better than the previous week.  This was the first week in Central Virginia I did not have to wear several layers.  In fact, toward the end I was too warm!  I made some changes to my Driver.  I installed a mid-size grip and adjusted the loft. I think it helped.  I will keep tabs on it over the next few rounds.

• Like 9
  • Bag        1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png     C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg                Epic Flash
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges   635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Huntington Beach  soft 10.5 C

Hope to get out for 9 this weekend. Using this to say though golf will be different this year for me. Wife and I agreed on only doing 9 hole rounds. This allows me to get a few hours in the morning for myself and her the same in the evenings. Sounds like i can go out every weekend, so ill take that.

• Like 8

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" (Testing '22 AV Blue and White 65X)

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1:2021 Phantom X5 35" (Backup: :1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

Ball:    :srixon-small: Z Star XV (back up balls :titleist-small:ProV1 Left Dot,  :OnCore:Vero X1, :titelist-small: proV1)

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Tuesday Exec another beautiful morning 65*, 46 mph winds and sunny.

Holy cow that's windy!!

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver

Tour Edge Exotics 3 wood and Bazooka 7 wood

Titleist 21° and Grand Hawk XR3 hybrids

Adams Idea 6-PW

Titleist Vokey SM7 50° 54°  and C3I 65° wedges

Ray Cook Silver Ray IV putter

12 minutes ago, JerryB said:

Holy cow that's windy!!

Might be incorrect.  Could blame Autocorrect 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

4 hours ago, Rickp said:

Tuesday Exec another beautiful morning 65*, 46 mph winds and sunny.  1st hole missed birdie order putt on lip so kick in par.  Kinda got weird after that.  Good shots followed by really bad shots (mostly skull).  Got a lucky Bird on short par 4, 5 bogies weren’t pretty.  
mended up +4.

Ouch that’s ugly wind. 

• Like 1

TaylorMade Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

Ping G30 19° 3 Hybrid w/Ping TFC 419H

Ping G25 4 - UW w/Ping CFS

Callaway Mack Daddy CB 54°/14° w/KBS 105 Hi-Rev 2.0

Callaway MD3 58°/9° W Grind w/True Temper Dynamic Gold 

Evnroll ER11v 34” Evnroll ER11v Official Review

Snell MTB-Black or Maxfli Tour

Mileseey PF210 Laser Rangefinder

Clicgear 3.5+

On 4/25/2022 at 3:53 PM, JerryB said:

Owen didn't want to get up early today so I walked River Heights by myself.  Upper 40s and windy.  Only saw two others on the course.

48/45 for a 93!  My friends, I was killin' it today!!  Only two 3 putts and just one triple bogey.  Pars on 9 10 and 12 and a few decent birdie looks.  Putting was great; even dropped one from 35 feet.

Still pulling my irons left but I'm making better contact.  Concentrating on not swaying and even the few I chunked still traveled a good way.

1 hour ago, JerryB said:

Freeze warnings overnight and it was awfully chilly this morning, so I got out a little after noon instead.  By myself again and walked.  Upper 40s and a little breezy but the sun was shining.  I didn't exactly keep score this time although Shot Scope says I shot 96.  Things unraveled a bit on the back nine and I dropped a second ball several times feeling I could do better.  Just getting frustrated as the round went on.  

Doing better about not swaying but I found myself on my back foot in my follow through pretty often.  Something to continue working on.  When I transferred correctly the results were encouraging.  Shot of the day was my second shot on the par 5 third hole.  After a topped drive I hit my 3 wood off line to the left (poor alignment) but 270 yards.  Have yet to hit my driver that long, lol.

It's fun to hear about the improvement you're making, those scores are coming down nicely. Not to mention, that 270 yard 3 wood is eye popping! Keep it up!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

It's fun to hear about the improvement you're making, those scores are coming down nicely. Not to mention, that 270 yard 3 wood is eye popping! Keep it up!

Thanks!  I really like following this and the practice thread for the same reason.  The more I see how others are doing, the more it motivates me.  Just happy I've got a wife that encourages me to get out and play!

• Like 5

Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver

Tour Edge Exotics 3 wood and Bazooka 7 wood

Titleist 21° and Grand Hawk XR3 hybrids

Adams Idea 6-PW

Titleist Vokey SM7 50° 54°  and C3I 65° wedges

Ray Cook Silver Ray IV putter

8 hours ago, chisag said:

... After this weekend my visiting playing yard wanted to play alternate shots. I hit a decent drive on one, he hit a good iron shot and I just missed the 10 footer and he tapped in for par. He killed a drive on #2 a par 5 leaving me 189 to a front pin with my second shot that I hit to 6 feet and he made the eagle putt. He said he didn't know why the Pro's struggle because this is easy. I hit an iron 15 feet past the hole on the next hole, a par 3 and he ran his birdie putt 8 feet past, misjudging the speed off the tier. My par putt lipped out. A 3 putt? OK still one under. On the next tee, the #1 handicap hole, he hooked his tee shot onto the road and we made double. The pressure to not let your opponent down continued and it was much harder than playing alone. After starting at 2 under after 2 we finished at 3 over after 9 and he wanted to switch to Best Ball on the back 9 LOL. It was an interesting round and much harder than most might think. I shot 2 under on the back and he was 2 over with an eagle on a 601 yd par 5 when he chipped in from the fringe and turned to me and shouted "Go Get That!"  🤪

Oh the infamous lines we don’t say in sports…..

sounds like a fun round, always is!

• Like 1

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Finally got around to playing this year.

First in Florida where played a couple of courses in the Daytona area. Was nice just to get back out but scores were not promising.

After a week back in Indiana, played my home course and broke 90 twice from the whites. Last year was a struggle and was surprised to break 90 this early in the year--- but it was also from a shorter tee. On the other hand, I'm out of golf walking shape-- both rounds I tired drastically on the back with upper 40s after low 40s on the front.

• Like 7

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Played Mirimichi golf club today North of Memphis on my way to Big Cedar Lodge. Shot 42/42 for an 84, which I am happy with, especially since I did not hit a green till hole 14 (ended up hitting 4 of the last 5 greens though).  Shot of the day on 15 hit the green but about 45 feet short, sunk the putt for birdie anyway.

Course is a great layout but needs a little TLC. Had zero refreshments or coolers on the course so after 9 we had to drive back to the clubhouse (which was a little ways) to get water, we were parched. Not a huge deal but would’ve been good to know. 

Headed on the 5 hour ride to Big Cedar Lodge now! Playing Payne’s Valley tomorrow!5B7E3D6E-5BC6-45D4-9673-ECD6AD544A5D.jpeg.e0fdf92f153a784b3ed3fa1e6764b61a.jpeg6D943584-DECC-44C4-BB75-C25F5105D2FC.jpeg.2f97d19846119454ddb038fc5fd2c56e.jpeg

• Like 8

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

Our Thursday MGA game was a Chapman today.  My partner and I did not ham and egg it very well....more like pepper and jelly .... We took honors of DFL in the first flight .... but we did get a gross skin birdying the par 5 #3.  

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at N) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*)-- Mitishibishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 19* and 24* -- Fujikura Atmos R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R +1/2 inch 3* up

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 52*, 56* and 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge shaft

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX  

:Arccos:

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug