How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

24 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Awesome day and first round of the season.  It's sunny and clear skies but the temps are between 40-50*.  It was really tolerable but the wind made for a slight challenge.  

Some equipment notes that I'll dive into further...

I played the front 9 with the Srixon Z Star XV Divide and the back with the TP5 from last season.  

On a windy day, the TP5 was easily 10-15 yards shorter on approaches.  I was one full club under on essentially all back 9 approaches.

Conversely, the XV was a bullet.  Just awesome throughout the front 9.  I didn't really think too much about the optics with the short game but one thing it did NOT do was get in my head.  I could see this becoming the 2022 ball for me.

The cover likes to hold onto dirt...I don't know how else to describe, it just has less of a smooth proV1 cover and has this tacky but not tacky finish.  

So for the round...38/40 78.  2 doubles (1 & 7) 2 birdies (5 & 😎 and 2 missed birdies from inside 4' (15 & 17)...those one stung.  Truth is, I was getting hungry and was running out of gas.

33 putts, 7/14 fairways, 9/18 greens.   

Heck yea. Brave soul in shorts. We have the same Esther and that air is sharp but sun feels realllllly good.

solid round 

• Like 2

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

56 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Heck yea. Brave soul in shorts. We have the same Esther and that air is sharp but sun feels realllllly good.

solid round 

Thanks bro. I said no more pants, they’re in the closet. I’ll rough it out until fall 😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Official 1/12 testers for 2022 L.A.B. Golf Putters

Western, NY

5.8 Index

Shot an 82 today.  Loving the new Rogue Driver!  But, man, does my short wedge game bite the big one!

• Like 9

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at N) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*)-- Mitishibishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 19* and 24* -- Fujikura Atmos R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R +1/2 inch 3* up

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 52*, 56* and 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge shaft

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX  

:Arccos:

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Weather is nice today; upper 50s, though overcast and 15ish mph winds.  Owen and I had enough time to walk the front nine at River Heights.  

Swapped out one of my wedges for a C3I 65° wedge I picked up from goodwill the other day.  It's a pretty awesome club.  Tried it out a bunch today and other than thinning one into oblivion I was very happy with it.  Going to stay in the bag this season for sure.

Overall my ball striking was good today other than totally duffing an 8 iron.  I'm starting to regularly overshoot the green on long approaches, which is a good thing.  I just need to mentally catch up to that reality.

Putting was absolutely horrendous.  Sometimes I misread the break, sometimes my stroke was offline, sometimes my speed was off, and oftentimes it was a combination of all three, lol.  

Shot a 49 that I'm pretty happy with.  Owen beat me by a few strokes, but that's to be expected!

• Like 9

Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver

Tour Edge Exotics 3 wood and Bazooka 7 wood

Titleist 21° and Grand Hawk XR3 hybrids

Adams Idea 6-PW

Titleist Vokey SM7 50° 54°  and C3I 65° wedges

Ray Cook Silver Ray IV putter

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

@bens197inspired me to get a quick 9 in. Wind was swirling in and out with some serious gusts but it was sunny and extremely pleasant to play weather wise actually.

+3 (38) with 2 bookend doubles, 6 pars and a bird……the doubles were bad misjudgements and the greens were pretty hard and not receptive. 

Tale of the day was bombs off the day, wind helped on 1 but I had 5 drives over 280…..

putting saved me a couple times as usual. Absolutely in love with EvNROLL

I was very happy because I was making the shits I wanted but the wind definitly  carried some balls further than I anticipated and the back of these greens are death.

9DF8DA9A-C024-4C25-BCF7-FCB45C0923A2.png

9482E024-764D-4C0C-8804-FA32A3195CDD.png

1167478A-349D-482A-B2F8-DEB4520D0887.png

Sounds like a good day to be out and those were some bombs you hit.  From the looks of the screenshots you posted, it looks like you were doing good with the putter, too. 

As far as the sh#t's you made, I really hope it was a clean round. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Sounds like a good day to be out and those were some bombs you hit.  From the looks of the screenshots you posted, it looks like you were doing good with the putter, too. 

As far as the sh#t's you made, I really hope it was a clean round. 😂

Damn autocorrect! Thanks for the catch lol!

yes the putter actually saved several pars. I said it in my review that I literally get over every putt and expect to make it. The last hiked I doubled playing ping pong with my chips and buried a 15’. The guy j was playing with just said that totally just saved the round. He was right, 3 putt that and all the other stuff doesn’t matter

• Like 4

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

24 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Damn autocorrect! Thanks for the catch lol!

yes the putter actually saved several pars. I said it in my review that I literally get over every putt and expect to make it. The last hiked I doubled playing ping pong with my chips and buried a 15’. The guy j was playing with just said that totally just saved the round. He was right, 3 putt that and all the other stuff doesn’t matter

Speaking of numbers, when did this happen?  You must have Brian constantly looking over his shoulder now 😆.  Nice going! 👏  Oh, and I officially don't like you anymore 😉.

image.png.441a42260daecccaa532eb6a49594c60.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

11 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Speaking of numbers, when did this happen?  You must have Brian constantly looking over his shoulder now 😆.  Nice going! 👏  Oh, and I officially don't like you anymore 😉.

image.png.441a42260daecccaa532eb6a49594c60.png

Past TWO years went from about 10 to what was 5.9 at the beginning of the year. My last round took a spot and dropped a 9.6 off. I’m shooting for 3/4 this year…..pray for me!

Join the club! There is a line that doesn’t like me 😂 bryan has been busting my balls all season because “I have not played with him”. admittedly I play my worst golf against him….he messes with my head

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Shot 82 again today.  Interestingly, yesterdays 82 was 41/41....todays was 41/41 .... more interestingly, all 4 41s contained one birdie and one double bogey.

• Like 7
  • Hmmm 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at N) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*)-- Mitishibishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 19* and 24* -- Fujikura Atmos R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R +1/2 inch 3* up

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 52*, 56* and 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge shaft

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX  

:Arccos:

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Close to breaking 90, shot a 91, my best round to date.

Those two triple bogeys really hurt. One of them I just made poor choices. By poor choices, they weren't risky choices, they were just dumb. The dumbest was trying to putt from way too far off the green in April PNW conditions when it had just rained. Ball didn't even make it to the green. 

Congratulations on the personal best, Derrick! It's good to see all the hard work you've been putting in is paying off. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Congratulations on the personal best, Derrick! It's good to see all the hard work you've been putting in is paying off. 

You're next!!  I can feel it.  😃

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

You're next!!  I can feel it.  😃

I appreciate it El Conquistador! Practice is showing signs of improvement and in starting to feel a bit more confident. I'm off Friday and hoping for some good weather to at least get on the course for a bit. 

• Like 5