How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Disappointing night in league play with a 41.  My wedges must have heard I signed up for Edel wedge testing because they were getting revenge on me with the 'rights' and ended up with 3 bogies as a result of those shots.  I was over reading putts all night too.  I had a stiff & sore swing.  Probably from lots of ladder work today taking out a 2nd floor window and sheathing / drywalling in the opening.

• Like 9

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

We played the back nine at River Heights yesterday.  Temps in the high 80s, little wind and muggy.  Like the day prior it was a pretty humdrum round (+15 51), but I did get a birdie and a pretty funny one at that.

Hit a solid wedge onto the green about flag high to the left.  My son's ball was closer to the pin but not on my line so he didn't bother to mark it.  I mis-hit my putt but it bounced off his ball and right into the cup!

For once my abysmal putting paid off.  He was so mad; I have a history of being more lucky than good while golfing and it annoys the hell out of him, LOL 😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver

Tour Edge Exotics 3 wood and Bazooka 7 wood

Titleist 21° and Grand Hawk XR3 hybrids

Adams Idea 6-PW

Titleist Vokey SM7 50° 54°  and C3I 65° wedges

Ray Cook Silver Ray IV putter

Played two rounds at the usual course... both from the blue tees. Both rounds ended up with 9 hole scores of 46. Both ended up doubling the last hole. I'm playing ok right now but struggling to hit irons on target-- getting the distance right for the most part but still tugging/pushing a bit. I've also struggled with the wedges again so need to iron that out to get my scores down this season.

• Like 7

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

19 hours ago, Thin2win said:

I'm in Florida this week. Played a in a celebrity fund raiser over the weekend, and played really well. Ended up 2nd. Then played with my uncle yesterday.... started double,  double,  triple.  I shrugged it off,  kept a good attitude an finished the front with 5 pars and a birdie, 41. Took a quadruple on the 10th... then 4 birdies an eagle and 3 pars, 34. Craziest 75 I've ever shot.

Nice comeback!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

17 hours ago, JerryB said:

We played the back nine at River Heights yesterday.  Temps in the high 80s, little wind and muggy.  Like the day prior it was a pretty humdrum round (+15 51), but I did get a birdie and a pretty funny one at that.

Hit a solid wedge onto the green about flag high to the left.  My son's ball was closer to the pin but not on my line so he didn't bother to mark it.  I mis-hit my putt but it bounced off his ball and right into the cup!

For once my abysmal putting paid off.  He was so mad; I have a history of being more lucky than good while golfing and it annoys the hell out of him, LOL 😂

😂  Of course you added the 2 stroke general penalty for hitting Owen's ball when you are both on the green, right??

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I’ve been chomping at the bit reading this thread. After almost a month without being able to swing a club, my lower leg is finally feeling better. I caught a break with this, as the original prognosis (an issue with the my Achilles’ tendon) was incorrect. 
I’m going to take it slow though, and just practice the short game for a week or so, and take it from there.

I’m hoping the leg will be good enough to make the 700 mile drive from NY to Myrtle Beach, as I’ve had about enough of this Long Island “Spring” weather. 🙄

I’m looking forward to boring the hell out of you guys again with my exploits on the course again!

Welcome back and play well at “The Beach”👍

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

31 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

It’s fairly common knowledge here about “The Corner” in my office that houses 3-5 golf bags and sets at any given time. Well after shooting 101 today.   I’m trading them all in for these

F06E1A3F-B4D2-43F0-95B5-A0C2911F5FB7.jpeg

Just kidding….or am I 😂

Parties in Robs office!

I’ll be up after my new knee!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I’ve been chomping at the bit reading this thread. After almost a month without being able to swing a club, my lower leg is finally feeling better. I caught a break with this, as the original prognosis (an issue with the my Achilles’ tendon) was incorrect. 
I’m going to take it slow though, and just practice the short game for a week or so, and take it from there.

I’m hoping the leg will be good enough to make the 700 mile drive from NY to Myrtle Beach, as I’ve had about enough of this Long Island “Spring” weather. 🙄

I’m looking forward to boring the hell out of you guys again with my exploits on the course again!

It's good to hear your leg is feeling better and I'm looking forward to hearing how you play once you can get back on the course. Hopefully you can make the trip to Myrtle Beach and play some of the great courses there. 

5 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Absolute perfect day. Started cool in the 50s but sun came out around hole 9 and warmed up. Was gorgeous.

B687F863-7B9E-4AF9-A602-C980E0C96202.jpeg.ec2a4759f07c1c1b2f0ad2dc4d8ef64b.jpeg

Tale of 9’s for me. 44/37. I was discussing with Bryan after the round that I remember just 3 years ago 44 was a goal and was happy with that, now I felt like I struggled. Love this game.

I had 4 doubles on the front (3 of which had penalties of the tee), 4 pars and a bird on 9. From there I went 6 pars a bird and 2 bogeys. Was a great back.

I had two way misses going on the front and awful wedge play. Yet again putting saved my @$$ multiple times. I hunkered down on 9 and worked through it, was nice to be able to do that.

couple highlights:

26AB144E-B0DB-40F9-9F07-8450170926CE.png.3bbe59c3a9ff22b57851266084829055.png11F5FC83-38F6-4B77-919A-CD3F5CB632FC.png.86eb8062f0935c426ee4631fe9bd2085.png

Looks like a beautiful day to be out there, Mark! Man, you hit a couple of bombs! It's good to hear you were able to settle down in the back and post 37, that's a great way to end and leaves you wanting to come back for more. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

It's good to hear your leg is feeling better and I'm looking forward to hearing how you play once you can get back on the course. Hopefully you can make the trip to Myrtle Beach and play some of the great courses there. 

Looks like a beautiful day to be out there, Mark! Man, you hit a couple of bombs! It's good to hear you were able to settle down in the back and post 37, that's a great way to end and leaves you wanting to come back for more. 

Your course looks even better! Smart with the umbrella. Glad you were able to get out man, knock out those doubts, sounds like you did just that today!

• Like 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸