How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

2 hours ago, BostonSal said:

Went for an MRI this morning.  I hate those so much.  I feel like a cartridge in a rifle chamber.

They played Sinatra to calm me down.

Last time they played Coltrane and it only got me agitated.

I got the Eagles & my MRI.  Wasn’t bad!

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

You guys got music? Man I got shafted for mine, just that damn ubereable gun shot sound and clicking……

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Sounds like a great choice in music, can't go wrong with the Eagles. I hope the MRI went well. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

Sounds like a great choice in music, can't go wrong with the Eagles. I hope the MRI went well. 

It was a while ago and it did. That Imaging Co had a choice at the time, Eagles or Pink Floyd.

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 5/26/2022 at 3:40 PM, chisag said:

... 👍  Not only a good play for higher index players struggling with their driver but a good idea for anyone to play a round without a driver every now and then. Some of us rarely have an opportunity to hit a 3 wood and it is easy to get out of practice and/or loose some confidence so a round using only a 3 wood can really help with consistency and confidence. 

If I didn't use my driver, I would easily add 10 strokes to my round.  I doubt I could break 90.

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

26 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

What I would like to know is WHY I was hitting generally good solid shots on the front nine, but at #10 and every hole on the back nine, I struggled with shots that have been very typical of my play over the last couple of months.  If I hadn't saved some pars and those bogeys, it could have been a lot worse.  I had a good swing, then lost it.  Welcome to golf!!

If we knew WHY we wouldn't do this ourselves.   I've been hitting it well for most holes the last few times I have played and then I through in a hole or two where I completely forget how to swing.    i guess that is just how golf works.  

• Like 9

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :mizuno-small: T20 54-8  :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2,

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

46 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

If I didn't use my driver, I would easily add 10 strokes to my round.  I doubt I could break 90.

... Have you ever tried it? You might be surprised. It is just a drill and unless you are struggling with your driver or 3 wood no need to even try this drill other than a quest for knowledge. Just keep in mind the 3 wood is the most difficult club to hit consistently from the fairway and hitting it off the tee can often leave another 3 wood to the green so it can be a great drill for a practice round. 

• Like 4

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx 10.5* ... AD-IZ 6SR
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-Pw MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

On 5/28/2022 at 3:40 PM, cnosil said:

If we knew WHY we wouldn't do this ourselves.   I've been hitting it well for most holes the last few times I have played and then I through in a hole or two where I completely forget how to swing. 

... Most of us have either tendencies or outright swing flaws. I know my body tends to ignore commands from my brain when my back is stiff or uncooperative and just goes about protecting my back at the expense of a proper turn and free release. I have played well on the front only to have any backs stiffin on the 2nd 9 or start out with a stiff back and have it loosen up as I play. Even when I feel good, muscle memory of a back protected swing can pop up at any time and derail a shot. 

... But many have swing flaws that take some correction during the swing and when your corrections are working, the swing can feel pretty good. But one little non correction can send you into a tailspin as they can all collapse like pulling the wrong Jenga piece. The simpler the swing the better and one of the reason I love Bens swing because not only is he an accomplished player having played at a high level under pressure, there are no corrections with his very simple but powerful swing. Sure he can hit bad shots or play poorly on any given day but I doubt he ever feels like he has lost his swing during a round. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... Have you ever tried it? You might be surprised. It is just a drill and unless you are struggling with your driver or 3 wood no need to even try this drill other than a quest for knowledge. Just keep in mind the 3 wood is the most difficult club to hit consistently from the fairway and hitting it off the tee can often leave another 3 wood to the green so it can be a great drill for a practice round. 

I never hit my 3W off the tee; no need to.  My driver is as straight (usually) as any other club in my bag and trouble is not in play.    If I used my 3W off the tee, I would not be able to get to four par 4's and three par 5's in regulation, assuming I hit the 3W reasonably well twice on each par 4 and 3 times on the Par 5's... and that's from the senior tees!!  I played one tee back from the senior tees until this spring.  I moved up.

I agree that a 3W is a difficult club the hit off the fairway, but my recent purchase of the Callaway Epic Max 3W has made that shot a lot easier for me.  I typically hit it 4-5 times a round.

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 5/27/2022 at 8:59 PM, EasyPutter said:

It is all lies I tell you, everywhere the golf ball comes to rest!

True to Western NY weather, don't like the weather wait an hour, or four today as it was clearing at noontime and by mid afternoon sunny with drying conditions, Cazenovia GC was open but no carts were being let out so fewer golfers and only the 8th fairway was closed so they had everyone go from the 7th green back to the 5th tee, play 5th and then over to finish on 9 for a full 9-holes.  Great solution to enable golfers despite a drainage problem caused it is believed by a repair made to rebuild an embankment next to the 6th green with huge blocks of rock necessary in the snowmelt flooding at the end of winter 2021 when a raging Cazenovia Creek eroded its steep bank where it turns there. 

Story as the course employees tell it, the trucks carrying the rock had to travel across a gravel service road that crosses the 8th fairway were believed to have crushed drainage tile in that area with their weight causing pronounced flooding nowadays when it gets heavy rain.  The fairway resembles a series of pothole water hazards where it should be rolling grass.  This is also where I was testing the Decathlon Inesis waterproof golf shoes last year (link in my signature) and I am still wearing those shoes daily for golf, still walking through puddles up to ankle deep, they still have a good sole and excellent traction, still look great, and still keep my feet dry after 12 months and over 100 rounds of golf and most of that walking.  My partner was laughing at me again today going through the standing water while he was making his way around on the higher ground LOL

1064770704_Afterseason4washedbottom800.jpg.0e003d6056c89d9c2e27913000658d98.jpg

Oh yeah, played as well as Monday and Tuesday bringing it in with a 47 for 9 holes, right about on my handicap 👍

Fricken love those shoes. Walked right through a 2" deep spot of standing water on the course earlier today and didn't even get a hint of dampness through to my socks.

• Like 6

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

On 5/26/2022 at 3:40 PM, chisag said:

... 👍  Not only a good play for higher index players struggling with their driver but a good idea for anyone to play a round without a driver every now and then. Some of us rarely have an opportunity to hit a 3 wood and it is easy to get out of practice and/or loose some confidence so a round using only a 3 wood can really help with consistency and confidence. 

I need to do this after my last round. Realized I’m decent off the tee with driver. The rest of my clubs are a crap shoot. Something to do my next round or two to get some more practice 

• Like 6

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1:2021 Phantom X5 35"

My Reviews:

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

Ball:    :srixon-small: Z Star XV (back up balls :titleist-small:ProV1 Left Dot,  :OnCore:Vero X1, :titelist-small: proV1)

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer lite

On 5/29/2022 at 7:19 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Weird two Tims, a Tom and an Allen

... At first I thought that was good title for a movie "Weird two Tims, a Tom and an Alien" then later in your post realized it was Allen. 👾  I love playing with golfers better than me, as I always learn something and always appreciate excellent play. Every now and then I come out ahead like the tortoise playing the hare but only because I play my game and do not try and keep up and they run into some trouble. Most of the time I just enjoy the company of a really good player and enjoy watching how they go about it. 

... When I played with that mini tour guy qualifying for the Phoenix open I shot 2 under on the front while he shot 7 under. He missed an eagle putt and a 7 foot birdie putt that would have put him at an almost inconceivable 9 under for 9 holes and usually out drove me by 75 yds or more. My normal playing pards that shoot around 85-90 rounded out our foursome and one of them said "Now you know how we feel". 🤪  

• Like 3
  • Haha 4