How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

19 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I did my homework. I have to shoot 80 to tie the worst round and 79 to achieve the goal. Teeing it up Tuesday afternoon at Southern Hills. Wish me luck it's supposed to be 94 degrees and sunny. 

Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

• Like 3

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

2 hours ago, edingc said:

I continue to kill my rounds with poor tee play, though it has gotten a little better it seems. Anxiously waiting for my lesson Wednesday as my full swing has generally been really poor. My short game and putting are just saving me right now. It feels like I'm making more putts and converting more up-and-downs than ever before.

We're just the opposite ... my strength right now is off the tee box, fairway metals and hybrids, and iron play ... my short game tends to be keeping me from scoring well.  Although I'm putting fairly decently, they're longer putts that have a low percentage to make.  We should team up for a scramble!  LOL

• Like 6

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at N) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Mitishibishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 4 -- Fujikura Atmos R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBSTour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX

Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer 

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 6/9/2022 at 9:04 PM, azstu324 said:

But I've also been hit into on multiple occasions by the same group AND when the course is packed so nobody's going anywhere, that's when things get a lot less acceptable and a "look here bro" convo needed to be had. Doesn't happen very often but those people are out there in the world and unfortunately we have to cross paths from time to time. 

My wife has almost gotten clocked on the top of the head twice - on crowded public munis where a drive landed very uncomfortably close to her - and I had absolutely no problem walking back down the middle of the fairway to have "that" so totally unnecessary conversation (and I really am a very non-confrontational guy)......

• Like 7

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Big Bertha B21 driver (Recoil ES 450/F3)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..PXG 0211 3H (PX Cypher 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Owen and I played Tanna Farms in Geneva yesterday with our buddy Paul.  He was so close to hanging it up at the end of last season so we were very happy he came out with us.  I played there once last year and was terrible and Paul had never been there before.  Beautiful course.

First, the good news.  Paul started okay then started mis hitting everything and looked close to packing it in.  Owen and I started working on him (Owen giving him pointers and me mostly affirming and talking him up) and he bounced back with a par and several great iron shots and a solid drive.  Short story on Paul is that he used to be pretty good and a big hitter but someone offhandedly mentioned that his swing was ugly.  That got into Paul's head and he spiraled from there.  Anyway, Paul looks encouraged and we're all going to try for a range session soon.

Owen played okay but really put his game on the back burner to work with Paul.  I'm very proud of what he's becoming.

Now, the... also good news.  I broke 90 for the first time.  The whole "swing easy" idea really took hold this time and other than one wayward drive I was really good off the tee.  Long clubs were good with only one ugly chunk.  Even used a hybrid to putt from off a long green to just a few feet from the pin. 

Irons were good and I even hit my PW off a tee to three feet to the pin.  Coming right to left it just missed the ace.  My one birdie of the day.  Added four pars, two doubles and a triple.  Went 45/42 for 87 (+16).  Shot of the day was probably drive on 16 where I talked Paul into switching drivers and we both hit long and straight.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver

Tour Edge Exotics 3 wood and Bazooka 7 wood

Titleist 21° and Grand Hawk XR3 hybrids

Adams Idea 6-PW

Titleist Vokey SM7 50° 54°  and SM8 60° wedges

Ray Cook Silver Ray IV putter