Our Sponsors

Oh, the humidity!

Sounds like my wife... ;)

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

• Replies 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

... Well I have had 4 months of mediocre, out right bad and some occasionally pretty decent golf but only 3 total at par or under out of about 100 rounds. That said, I think I am finally figuring out

Posted Images

It's normally wet this time of year in Florida so playing in those conditions is not the issue.  Normal for us in the summer is hot, humid, lots of sun with showers either in the morning, afternoon or evening depending upon the wind conditions.  Instead we have been stuck with a stationary front over the Northern Part of the State that is pumping moisture in along the central Gulf Coast.  There has been almost no sun and the rain is just coming out of nowhere - not the typical thunderstorms although it's thundering right now. :( 

I'm off for the next four days.  Tomorrow is a family day so no golf but I could play in theory Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.  Right now it looks like there is very little chance of that happening.

Now for the good news - this is the perfect weather for the new greens at the club.  They are literally ready to go two weeks early.  All we need is for it to dry out a bit so that they can mow and roll and we will be playing them.  Our ribbon cutting is scheduled for 8/15 but there may be a preview they have come in so well.  They look awesome, we went there for dinner on Weds evening. :)

• Like 1

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

I decided not to play today.  It's 104* right now at 2pm headed for 108.  Same for both Sat and Sun.  It's supposed to cool off to 96 on Mon.  woo hoo!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I decided not to play today.  It's 104* right now at 2pm headed for 108.  Same for both Sat and Sun.  It's supposed to cool off to 96 on Mon.  woo hoo!

Jerk! :)

To go with the rain our heat indexes are topping 100. It's ilke being on the equator.

• Like 1

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

In the midst of a 3 week vacation in Maine, Connecticut and Long Island, no golf.  Up in the northwoods of Maine, with highs in the mid 70's.  Yesterday, here in Shelton CT, people were moaning about the extreme heat and humidity.  88 degrees I think.  I never broke a sweat, thought it was quite pleasant.  I am enjoying "real greenery" and elevations, however, as opposed to the palm tree and palmetto brownish green of the Florida landscape.  

• Like 1

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Jerk! :)

To go with the rain our heat indexes are topping 100. It's ilke being on the equator.

I'll take our dry heat thank you very much. Humidity and I don't get along very well. I can drink lots of fluids and be OK. But the summer I spent on the east coast was horrible; it just drains your energy and I always felt like I had to constantly take a shower. I do feel sorry for you!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Sounds to me that the Rev and Foz need to redirect some of that rain to California where the drought is.  We've had a bit of precipitation here as well and I had a sleep in on Friday when I woke up at 6am and heard it bucketing down only to find out that my buddies who were obviously more hard core than me went out and only had a small shower.

To be honest though 3 months straight of playing 6 days a week catches up with me now I'm a bit older.  I felt bone weary this weekend but am looking forward to going out again tommorrow after a couple of days off.  Also reducing the playing schedule to 4 days a week  + practise should help ;)

​

• Like 2

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

I played like a big stinky pile of crap today, but I did something today that I thought was not possible, I shot a 90 which is possible, but I shot 90 and did not lose a ball, and didn't have any penalty strokes. I only missed 4 fairways. I three putted like 6 times, chipping was non-existent, irons were good, but I got a dent in the shaft of my 8 iron on the seventh hole and was not able to use it the rest of he rkind, all in all the day was a disaster.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I played like a big stinky pile of crap today

So did I. Shot a freaking 105 and lost I don't know how many balls. I was sick last night and probably shouldn't have played but, when you got the bug....

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

97 today which marks me finally breaking 100!

• Like 7

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

97 today which marks me finally breaking 100!

Nice! You'll be in the 80s in no time.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Flew back in late Friday night and decided playing Saturday morning was not a good idea so I played this morning. Was just tired all round and about a club shorter than normal with the irons and really just couldn't get it going. Ended with even par for the day thanks to a hot putter on the back 9. I had been looking for a soft feeling wide body blade and the Kenny Giannini seems to fit the bill for me. Made two birdie putts of about 30 feet and saved par three times on the back from around 10. Time for some cold beers and a hammock to watch some golf this afternoon.

• Like 1

In the Bag for 2021

PXG 0811X Gen 2 10.5* AD VR 6x

TaylorMade SiM 14* Matrix Red Tie 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311X Gen 2 23* AD DI 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 5-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:cameron-small: Pro Platinum Big Sur 48"

After a two day break, because of family stuff and overall, played pretty well despite getting rather "pooped out" in the heat, on the back 9.  4 over on the front, 6 on the back which is two below my handicap for the home course!!  

The loft adjustment on my putter and the "A" wedge from my new irons have really improved my scoring from close in this past week!

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

89 today at the club. They had the qualifier this weekend for the club championship so the greens were stupid fast and the pins were in some hateful locations. Regardless, I just didn't play well.

Hit my driver great but couldn't do anything with them. Putting was nonexistent.

I did put the 64° PM grind in the bag. Loving it so far even though I haven't had any practice time with it. 2 up and downs from bunkers and a couple nice flop shots to a few feet. On 16 I went long with my approach and the green slopes from back to front. Huge mistake. My partner said he'd buy me a beer if I got up and down. I enjoyed a Yuengling after the round thanks to the wedge. Seems like a really good club to have around that course and just a heck of a lot of fun to use.

• Like 1

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

We had 31 players yesterday morning go out on a soggy cart path only course and we got 11 holes completed when the heavens opened up and dumped a s$&t load of rain on us. We had to close the course and hangout at the Pub the rest of the day....

I am hoping to take off Tuesday and play......please?

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Shot 79, made some putts, and scrambled well a few times.

Best part of the day was hitting some solid 4 and 5 irons on or very close to the greens.

• Like 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

76 yesterday. Had trouble down the stretch due to extremely slow play. Like ridiculously slow play.

Today I shot -4 through 12 holes. Had to stop playing so I could play in the men's game. Was -4 through 13 in my second round and then got a case of the double crosses due to me choking my ass off. 3 doubles and 2 pars to finish. Shot 74 And was on the winning team so I won a few bucks. Had a lot of fun today dispite a horrible 14-17.

• Like 1

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

Played this weekend with Mr. Theo. Beautiful day (finally) here in Ohio. It was my first time out with new Ping Irons and TMR15 driver I picked up used. Had my best chip in ever!

However, the highlight of the day was seeing someone on their hands and knees trying to hammer the tee into the ground. Yes the tee box grounds were that hard. That and plans flying ever so low made my day (it was the airport course).

OMG. Right about now, I think I'd take a blow up round just to see a different number on the card.  I have played 6 rounds in the last 12 days. I have played good, bad, terrible and brilliant all in short stretches of 3-4 holes. I haven't carded a number other than an 89.

I've arrived at that number in a number of different ways, but always the same number. It's getting old :). Something needs to change. Preferably for the better though. 

The worst part? played 3 rounds on 1 ball, then 1 round on 3 balls, then the last two on 1. #89isgettingboring

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 18.0 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ Hogan GS53 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W Hogan GS52 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 4I-AW @ Hogan Ft Worth
* 56 @ Cleveland RTX
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Snell MTB-X