How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

12 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

On Sunday afternoon I got a hall pass to get out and go golf for a 3 hour window between the responsibilities of life. I met up with a single on the first tee. Nice guy, grew up right beside the course but only started playing last year in the covid boom. a college baseball player, and once he works out a consistent golf swing he is going to mash the golf ball.

My game was fine, my short game was really good. 11 putts through 9 holes and a -1 total score. I got a par on 10, then birdied 11 to get to -2 for the round. This was easily the lowest score I have had on a course this late in a round. But... my 3 hour hall pass expired and I had to head off the course and to Home Depot to pickup some drywall screws and thin set... Yep, I left my best round going ever to get back to remodeling a bathroom...

FYI, Home Depot was open the night before... just sayin'  😀

• Haha 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 hours ago, DStar said:

Oh how I love* how this game can change so quickly:

Played a friendly game on Friday, last chance to finalise the Nippon Modus review. 

1st: 3 wood - 290y, chip & 2 putts - par

2nd: 3 wood - wedge to 5 feet - birdie

3rd: bunker - chip - 2 putts - bogey

4th: 3 wood - 5 iron - chip - putt - birdie

5th: 6 iron - 2 putts - par

6th: 3 wood - 8 iron - chip - 2 putts - bogey

7th: 3 wood - 7 iron - chip - putts - bogey

8th: 8 iron to 10 feet - lipped out - par

9th: 3 wood trees - chip out - 8 iron - chip - 2 putts - double

4 over after 9 - looking good and on for my best ever round!!

10th: Driver 320y - 5 iron - 2 putts - par

11th: 3 wood - 9 iron - putts - par

12th: 3 wood - 8 iron - chip - 2 putts - bogey

13th: 3 wood - 9 iron - 2 putts - par

14th: OB + rubbish - Triple

15th: Water - double

16th: Hack - hack - hack -etc - triple

17th: OB + rubbish  - double

18th: 3 wood - 6 iron - 2 putts - par

A great potential score ruined by 4 holes...🤬🤬🤬

that was me last month, i feel you. an eagle and 5 birdies, squandered by a quad, a triple and 2 doubles...

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :Sub70:  JB 52° , 286 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Bah!! Why do I play this game. 🤬 I have a tee time tomorrow morning. Driver was all over the map it seemed. Only 2 fairways hit. Hitting my irons thin again. Only needed my hybrid and 3 wood once during the 9 holes and hit them both as well I could possibly hit them so that pleased me. I had a sand save lip out on the 9th hole and settled for a bogey. Another 9 holes in the low 50s. 

• Like 9

Ping CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

PXG 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide 

Ping G410 Crossover 23° w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

PXG 0211 5 - GW w/True Temper Elevate 95

Callaway MD3 54°/12° S Grind w/True Temper Dynamic Gold

Callaway MD3 58°/09° W Grind w/True Temper Dynamic Gold

Evnroll ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Review

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Review

Kirkland Signature v2.0

Clicgear 3.5+

5 hours ago, Thin2win said:

that was me last month, i feel you. an eagle and 5 birdies, squandered by a quad, a triple and 2 doubles...

So @fixyurdivot... does this post make you feel better prior to the 2022 MGS PNW Outing... or not?  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

17 minutes ago, MattF said:

Played better than I have in a while. 38/44 82. I started to run out of puff on the back, walking in the humidity sure sucks some energy out of you. When I got home I took the 3 wood and 2 hybrid out of the bag because I just don't use them.

Got to have a long club besides driver, and the 3H is not enough.  I know.  It took me awhile to find the right head/shaft combination, but I'm happy now.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Thin2win said:

My career low of an 80 included a 9 on the card. Still haven't broken into the 70s.

Also, I'm having a hard time finding sympathy for a round where you got an eagle... 😜

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - PXG 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :cobra-small:Radspeed 5-GW, KBS $-Taper Lite S
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Powered by :Arccos:

22 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Nice course!!  Sounds like parts of your game are coming together.  Your pro should be able to identify your exact cause of the shanks; there are more than one.  It's such a common problem as you have heard from many of us, that pros have seen it more than just a couple of of times. If it makes you feel any better... a shank is only 0.5 inches from being a solid shot.  😂

It's been plaguing me for a few weeks, except for the first round I played with the Mizuno's ( which I still love). I think playing with guys from work I'm trying too hard to kill the ball and impress them. I guess sometimes being a contributor to a golf forum has it's social pressures 🤣. I'm hopeful that an instructor will be able to get me back to making decent contact. 

• Like 7

Had a quick 13 this afternoon, and made a few long putts. Was scoring well,  yet not playing well…

• Like 8

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 5-AW

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Back to playing well after 6 weeks or so in the wilderness that is implementing swing changes/thoughts after my 1st lesson of the season. 4 straight rounds in the 70’s, including yesterday at Coral Canyon. Literally can’t remember a time where I was hitting driver better…. Bali hai tomorrow will be a good test…

• Like 9

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

9 hours ago, MattF said:

Played better than I have in a while. 38/44 82. I started to run out of puff on the back, walking in the humidity sure sucks some energy out of you. When I got home I took the 3 wood and 2 hybrid out of the bag because I just don't use them.

Yep I ran out of gas the last 2 holes in the Saturday Shootout and I was riding. It had gotten humid and I had drank plenty of water but had forgotten to pack my Pedelyte mix. I usually drink one a side in hot weather. 

• Like 5

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

14 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Got to have a long club besides driver, and the 3H is not enough.  I know.  It took me awhile to find the right head/shaft combination, but I'm happy now.

200+ with the hybrid, I think I'm fine. I love my 3 wood but I just don't use it.

• Like 7

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 6.0
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: Fli Hi 3 & 4 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 80 6.0

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :mizuno-small: RB Tour or RB Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

14 hours ago, MattF said:

You walked yesterday?? I went out around 2 and it was oppressive, even I took a cart.

• Like 2

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: Titleist 714CB 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM5 & SM6 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Owen and I played the back nine at River Heights yesterday.  My new driver came in, a Rogue ST Max D, so I was excited to see what it could do.  

The first hole was our best look collectively, a 210 yard par three.  My tee shot stopped on the fringe and his was just off the green to the right.  Both chipped to within two feet and tapped in for par.  That was pretty much my highlight but just the beginning for Owen. 

He was playing really well and all aspects were coming together.  He had a couple birdies and recovered nicely from the few errant shots he had on his way to a 39 (+3).  He even hit a missile when he used my driver on a hole.  

First opportunity to hit my new driver... mis-hit.  But even the mis-hit carried much further than expected.  Second chance, on 13, was better, actually putting me in trouble for hitting too far.  The rest of the round was good; I need to mess with the settings a bit to dial it in.  

Rest of my game was a hot mess.  Chunked a few irons and had several wedges off the toe.  Shot a 47 (+11).  Happy that I'm upset with the round, if that makes sense.

• Like 7

Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver

PXG 0211 3 wood and Tour Edge Bazooka 7 wood

Titleist 21° hybrid

Cobra AMP 5-PW

Titleist Vokey SM7 50° 54°  and SM8 60° wedges

Ray Cook Silver Ray IV putter

6 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

Sammy Hagar may not be able to drive 55 but I can score that for 9. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Driver was spraying today, with the return of an ugly slice. I’m getting proficient at chipping out of trouble. Bah. I found water on 3 different holes. Two in the same pond, one on 3 and one 6. My putting was good, several tap ins and lip outs. Two 1 putts and one 3 putt. Of all the clubs in my bag my  4 iron is my most consistent club.

Laughing with ya, not at ya.  Sometimes its good to get one of these dumpster fires out of the way now and then. 😆

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)