Jump to content

How'd you play?


MmmmmmBuddy

Recommended Posts

On 6/14/2022 at 8:48 AM, Thin2win said:

On Sunday afternoon I got a hall pass to get out and go golf for a 3 hour window between the responsibilities of life. I met up with a single on the first tee. Nice guy, grew up right beside the course but only started playing last year in the covid boom. a college baseball player, and once he works out a consistent golf swing he is going to mash the golf ball.

My game was fine, my short game was really good. 11 putts through 9 holes and a -1 total score. I got a par on 10, then birdied 11 to get to -2 for the round. This was easily the lowest score I have had on a course this late in a round. But... my 3 hour hall pass expired and I had to head off the course and to Home Depot to pickup some drywall screws and thin set... Yep, I left my best round going ever to get back to remodeling a bathroom...

Next time you need help making a decision like this, reach out, we're here for you. 🙂

  • Haha 8

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Played a very tough course today, greens were rock hard and fairways were as well. Chips hit the front of the greens and they were gone right over the back. Hit 10 yards short bounce and roll off the green. I tried to hit high spin shots and they didn’t even stay. I also had some high spin shots that the club bounced and caused me to mishit the ball. I’m not happy with the round by any means but for how hard it was my friend who is normally a par golfer scored mid 80s and I shot 95. I’m consistently scoring similar rounds on different courses even when having bad days so I’m happy with that.

You can watch more golf under those conditions the next 4 days; maybe pick up a few pointers.  😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Struggled a bit with ball striking, and rainy, soggy conditions exasperated my issues. Green speed varied by about 2, and at one point mid-transition my foot sank an inch into the ground just off the fairway. 
On the bright side, at least I’m getting all the bad shots out of my system before the PNW Spy meet. 

  • Like 8

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - PXG 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :cobra-small:Radspeed 5-GW, KBS $-Taper Lite S
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Powered by :Arccos:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

You can watch more golf under those conditions the next 4 days; maybe pick up a few pointers.  😂

The sand at the US Open isn’t concrete hard so I think we played harder conditions 😂😂😂. I can put spin on a ball but no matter how much I tried it was a no go. The rough was short so that doesn’t compare either but I will watch Kenny and hope I could hit shots like them as per normal 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

The sand at the US Open isn’t concrete hard so I think we played harder conditions 😂😂😂. I can put spin on a ball but no matter how much I tried it was a no go. The rough was short so that doesn’t compare either but I will watch Kenny and hope I could hit shots like them as per normal 

I spent some time in our practice bunker; quite hard, very little sand.  I did pretty well getting over a high lip with my high bounce 60º ...  probably my next time in a bunker on the course, the sand will be deep and fluffy! 🙄

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Played a very tough course today, greens were rock hard and fairways were as well. Chips hit the front of the greens and they were gone right over the back. Hit 10 yards short bounce and roll off the green. I tried to hit high spin shots and they didn’t even stay. I also had some high spin shots that the club bounced and caused me to mishit the ball. I’m not happy with the round by any means but for how hard it was my friend who is normally a par golfer scored mid 80s and I shot 95. I’m consistently scoring similar rounds on different courses even when having bad days so I’m happy with that.

Man hate you played our course without calling me--- I am sad---- Oh wait you did not say anything about the 5/8 aeration holes----- Our course and range has been closed this week except for morning league play---- I did go up to the Tourist Trap range / Executive course up the road Monday and hit a small bucket which was all I could afford at their prices. I ended up doing very limited net work here at the house to stay loose since it is so hot and humid. The Shootout is on for Saturday and I am on the fence about playing. I basically "gave away" the team I had formed because I had one guy after I put the team together start inviting others without telling me anything. I told him last week it was now his team that he was responsible for signing up under his name and calling players I was out. We were having like 5 or 6 players showing up. Next week my running partner will be back from Pennsylvania where he also maintains a residence and we are putting the old team back together. 

  • Like 7

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Man hate you played our course without calling me--- I am sad---- Oh wait you did not say anything about the 5/8 aeration holes----- Our course and range has been closed this week except for morning league play---- I did go up to the Tourist Trap range / Executive course up the road Monday and hit a small bucket which was all I could afford at their prices. I ended up doing very limited net work here at the house to stay loose since it is so hot and humid. The Shootout is on for Saturday and I am on the fence about playing. I basically "gave away" the team I had formed because I had one guy after I put the team together start inviting others without telling me anything. I told him last week it was now his team that he was responsible for signing up under his name and calling players I was out. We were having like 5 or 6 players showing up. Next week my running partner will be back from Pennsylvania where he also maintains a residence and we are putting the old team back together. 

Trust me Stu if I was in your area you’d know I’d be golfing with you 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Trust me Stu if I was in your area you’d know I’d be golfing with you 

Trust me I know LOL chalk it up to "Firehouse Humor" from a retired Volunteer Firefighter. I sensed you needed it this AM

  • Like 5

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Trust me I know LOL chalk it up to "Firehouse Humor" from a retired Volunteer Firefighter. I sensed you needed it this AM

Tom's avatar kind of gives it away but I wonder how many more of the forum members are full time active or volunteer FD?  I joined our AVFD in 2016 after I retired.  We'd only been here about 6 months when the assistant chief stops his tractor on the bench road my wife, I and River (our lab) were walking.  He say's "hey, I hear you're interested in joining the FD".  

Another guy at church I had met does the equipment maintenance.  I had told him that if he ever needed help turning wrenches to give me a shout.  Funny, the English language is 😆.  

A former friend/neighbor in WA sent me a signed copy of Michael Perry's "Population 485" (meeting your neighbors one siren at a time). A really great read that so closely reflects rural life.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Tom's avatar kind of gives it away but I wonder how many more of the forum members are full time active or volunteer FD?  I joined our AVFD in 2016 after I retired.  We'd only been here about 6 months when the assistant chief stops his tractor on the bench road my wife, I and River (our lab) were walking.  He say's "hey, I hear you're interested in joining the FD".  

Another guy at church I had met does the equipment maintenance.  I had told him that if he ever needed help turning wrenches to give me a shout.  Funny, the English language is 😆.  

A former friend/neighbor in WA sent me a signed copy of Michael Perry's "Population 485" (meeting your neighbors one siren at a time). A really great read that so closely reflects rural life.

Ben and I are two of the career guys here. I do know there are a few others I’ve seen their intro posts, but I don’t know how many are very active continually like we are

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Next week my running partner will be back from Pennsylvania where he also maintains a residence and we are putting the old team back together. 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

 

 

THATS IT!!!!! It will be a blast

  • Like 4

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Ben and I are two of the career guys here. I do know there are a few others I’ve seen their intro posts, but I don’t know how many are very active continually like we are

My hat is off to you guys I was never paid but did the volunteer thing on and off for 20 years or so.

But you know folks think any firefighter is touched in the head because " When others run out of a burning building we run in WFO"

  • Like 5

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Getting into some uncharted territory. Apologies as I'm waxing poetic for a bit here, but it's been a crazy week of golf.

Played 18 on Tuesday, continued my poor tee game, and this time threw in some bad putting. Still, anytime you have three double bogies and lose two balls in a round, 84 feels like a decent score.

Played 9 yesterday. Kept the ball in play, didn't hit it well overall, but my short game and putter were on fire. Two birdies, two bogeys for an even par 36.

I had a lesson yesterday morning and it basically confirmed that I was never going to play very good golf consistently unless I made some changes. My coach gave me a few takeaways, I hit about 20 range balls in total afterward and figured my round this morning would be garbage.

In a wild turn of events, I played out of my mind this morning. Three birdies on the front had me making the turn one under. I managed to keep that up all the way to 16, where I started to get uncomfortable and my driver fell apart. I hit one of the worst slices I've had in a long time and doubled the hole. After an "OK" drive on 17, I hit a very chunky pitching wedge to 60 feet but escaped with a pretty improbable two-putt par. One-over heading to No. 18.

Another poor drive (did I mention I just felt very uncomfortable all of a sudden?) left me 150 out, over trees, from the wrong fairway. Not exactly scoring position, but I had an angle. Grabbed my pitching wedge, and just flushed a beautiful shot that climbed over the trees. It hit three feet past the pin and rolled back to about a foot. Tap-in birdie to finish at even par.

So that's now 27 consecutive holes at even par. Definitely progress.

What a game we play!

IMG_16062022_101404_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg.cf8de329ab73193264698ebf51bdf95d.jpg

So next time you are in that position, you will feel less uncomfortable.  😉

  • Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2022 at 11:59 PM, BIG STU said:

Man you do get around. It was so humid here yesterday that you could cut it with a knife. They aerated the greens at Indigo last week and the course was closed Wednesday through Sunday but they did play the Shootout Saturday. This week they are opening for the morning mostly league play and closing the afternoons to water the greens. I agreed with that decision because those greens as you saw are stressed out and we are within inches of loosing all of them. I know all last week the Mens and Ladies leagues played elsewhere and we had a sparse turn out Saturday. I think the morning deal this week is because the leagues raised the devil about going elsewhere and they are scared of loosing that base of players. Some of them are selfish and could care less if we lose the greens or not. I did put together 2 teams last week for AJ and he called me yesterday and I think I have 2 put together for this Saturday I know I have at least one because I gave my recent team to one of the guys that was trying to take over anyhow. My old running partner will be back from his Native Pennsylvania a week from Saturday so we are putting that team back together again. Yesterday I did go up to Tupelo and hit a small bucket of balls and putted some. Like I told AJ if those guys do not show up for the one team I can do the tag along thing or go home whatever. 

I do get around a bit. Im in Kansas City right now. Played Falcon Valley this morning before my meetings. I'll post on Southern Hills soon. If not tonight then it will be on Saturday when I'm back in TN.

  • Like 5

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

91% relative humidity this morning… in California no less…

  • Sad 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 5-AW

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)
 

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...