Jump to content

How'd you play?


MmmmmmBuddy

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

.   

I was too bundled up to get a good idea of how the irons were.  But the few chances I did get a good chance to hit them from semi dry conditions they felt fantastic and held the line very well. 

New irons?

  • Haha 3

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 5-AW

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)
 

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JerryB said:

Best part was playing around the sprinkler system on 8.  We hit our drives, waited for the sprinkler to pass, then rushed up and hit our approaches and darted away before we got wet.  Fun mini game!

I’ve played that game a few times.  It’s more of a challenge when the sprinklers come on unexpectedly. 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :mizuno-small: T20 54-8  :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2,

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39/46 for an 85 yesterday. Round was a bit of a mixed bag. I only hit 6 fairways and 6 GIR with 34 putts. Not sure if that says more about the state of my game for the positives or things that need to be cleaned up. Pleased with my scoring but not pleased with the mistakes I’m making off the tee and with my irons. Really hard time making quality iron shots and on the back 9 lately I’ve lost my driver frequently. Gonna need to take a step back and re evaluate as these are typically my strong points

  • Like 8

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

I’ve played that game a few times.  It’s more of a challenge when the sprinklers come on unexpectedly. 

Had a sprinkler pop up one time with my 3 wheel push cart over it, OOPS, Big Oops😱.  
was the discussion of the day with the groups.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"and ton of other stuff that’s just no bueno."


... One of my new favorite quotes. We have all had those days where we struggle out if the gate and it never gets better. Hopefully it was with some good 
friends and the course looks awesome. 


 "I would love to hear folks interpretation on what happened here lol"

... If you watch the Travelers today (
Friday) Rory might be asking the same thing. 🤪

  • Like 8
  • Love 1

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx 10.5* ... AD-IZ 6SR
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-Pw MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Thank goodness I had good company at a top rated public track in Massachusetts, because my game stunk up the joint!

9E60BA82-5E19-441D-A987-BE7F4CE1B9F4.jpeg.20600d459fd34a9c97f1e54ac06e33cf.jpeg3BA5EA11-270B-4F28-8D02-B6128A3CC301.jpeg.247fa4f1ba18c0cca5cb451a80c322dd.jpegE90E7790-5B48-4263-BD46-E2F465854F73.jpeg.701dd085fd72def43b99fcf8203389d9.jpegA3E719EA-E838-4CCD-BCAC-1A9C33B7B2F8.jpeg.9827a1a90efe5036e5a3b560b60e9af5.jpeg

96 with no birdies 3 pars and ton of other stuff that’s just no bueno. I only hit 3 greens and those resulted in the only pars today that kept me halfway sane.

it wasn’t the course it was 100% me. I struggled right out of the gate and couldn’t shake the funk. I had a few decent tee shots that put me in good shape and I proceeded to shank my wedges in (about 40-60 yards on 3 of them) which have been an absolute strength for me this year..

Putting continued its brutal performance from yesterday blowing everything inside 5’ by.

This was my game in a nutshell today 🤦‍♂️ I would love to hear folks interpretation on what happened here lol
7E166E15-5708-49C8-808E-5AD2F4003C84.png.c0792d8600824d75109ead87a30ecfda.png

Crumpin-Fox!!  Nice track!!  Played there many times in my other lifetime. You’ll kick its butt next time👍

  • Like 3

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, chisag said:

"and ton of other stuff that’s just no bueno."


... One of my new favorite quotes. We have all had those days where we struggle out if the gate and it never gets better. Hopefully it was with some good 
friends and the course looks awesome. 


 "I would love to hear folks interpretation on what happened here lol"

... If you watch the Travelers today (
Friday) Rory might be asking the same thing. 🤪

I watched Rory on the back 9😱 Hole 15 was just nuts! 

  • Like 5

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Minus @GolfSpy_BOSwas fantastic! I like his dad better than him!

 

9B5A3D2A-938F-4327-949A-8849FA329C60.jpeg

Don’t worry folks. Mark is just mad that I beat him today…. Errrr I mean the course beat me up a little less than him. 
 

As we were playing I said to my Father-in-law “I’m better off from the rough!”

Arccos agrees:

4C25654F-B285-4770-B3B8-111CA3312BB2.jpeg

more to come from my adventure today!

  • Like 9

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Thank goodness I had good company at a top rated public track in Massachusetts, because my game stunk up the joint!

9E60BA82-5E19-441D-A987-BE7F4CE1B9F4.jpeg.20600d459fd34a9c97f1e54ac06e33cf.jpeg3BA5EA11-270B-4F28-8D02-B6128A3CC301.jpeg.247fa4f1ba18c0cca5cb451a80c322dd.jpegE90E7790-5B48-4263-BD46-E2F465854F73.jpeg.701dd085fd72def43b99fcf8203389d9.jpegA3E719EA-E838-4CCD-BCAC-1A9C33B7B2F8.jpeg.9827a1a90efe5036e5a3b560b60e9af5.jpeg

96 with no birdies 3 pars and ton of other stuff that’s just no bueno. I only hit 3 greens and those resulted in the only pars today that kept me halfway sane.

it wasn’t the course it was 100% me. I struggled right out of the gate and couldn’t shake the funk. I had a few decent tee shots that put me in good shape and I proceeded to shank my wedges in (about 40-60 yards on 3 of them) which have been an absolute strength for me this year..

Putting continued its brutal performance from yesterday blowing everything inside 5’ by.

This was my game in a nutshell today 🤦‍♂️ I would love to hear folks interpretation on what happened here lol
7E166E15-5708-49C8-808E-5AD2F4003C84.png.c0792d8600824d75109ead87a30ecfda.png

It looks like you had a good time with great company on a beautiful course. Man, some of the courses I see some of the members here make mine look like a goat track. 

Don't worry about that hole, we all have them. Looks like a tight fairway and a bladed wedge might have caused some havoc. You're just getting the bad mojo out and I see some better rounds in your future. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

It looks like you had a good time with great company on a beautiful course. Man, some of the courses I see some of the members here make mine look like a goat track. 

Don't worry about that hole, we all have them. Looks like a tight fairway and a bladed wedge might have caused some havoc. You're just getting the bad mojo out and I see some better rounds in your future. 

Oh I pured the iron I just almost cut a tree down! Almost hit me in the head coming back lol

  • Haha 5

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's nothing scarier than seeing a ball coming at you on the course. Glad it didn't hit you and you were able to keep your head intact. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2022 at 6:03 PM, Kenny B said:

...I thought it might be a good distance for my new 9W; for a front pin I hit the ball to the back of the green some 35 yards too long.  Grabbed the head cover... it was my 3W!!!

I've gotten into the habit of double-checking the number on the club when I pull it out of the bag .. especially wedges.

Picked that up from watching the US Open when it was at Merion .. and when good ole Phil Mickelson was still a fan fav and going for his first US Open win .. and was coming up to #18 on Sunday afternoon either tied for the lead or with a one shot lead .. had like 60ish yards to the pin .. .. flew the green, lost the lead .. .. and later said he pulled the wrong wedge..!!

  • Like 5

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Big Bertha B21 driver (Recoil ES 450/F3)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..PXG 0211 3H (PX Cypher 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

Had a sprinkler pop up one time with my 3 wheel push cart over it, OOPS, Big Oops😱.  
was the discussion of the day with the groups.

Used to happen to me all the time at my old course... a 9 hole exec that was an old goat field.  The pro had a lease on the property and the city wanted him to use city water for irrigation... expensive!!  The property had a shallow well that would irrigate all of it, but he couldn't water for very long before the water table dropped too low; so he couldn't water the course all night long.  He had to water during the day too.  When it's 50º in the spring and the sprinkler pops up when you were teeing off, it's not much fun; but when it was 100º+, it actually felt good.

  • Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...