How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

I've gotten into the habit of double-checking the number on the club when I pull it out of the bag .. especially wedges.

Picked that up from watching the US Open when it was at Merion .. and when ole Phil Mickelson was still a fan fav and going for his first IS Open win .. and was coming up to #18 on Sunday afternoon either tied for the lead or with a one shot lead .. had like 60ish yards to the pin .. .. flew the green, lost the lead .. .. and later said he pulled the wrong wedge..!!

I learned the hard way too.  Nothing like hitting that short green with a ... 6?  Damn.

• Sad 1

Driver - Titleist 910D - 9.5° - 43" Diamana shaft
Hybrid - Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - Wilson Staff Di9 5-PW including the A-wedge - TX 99 Superlight steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland KS1

TopFlite Gamer balls - 'cuz I'm cheap and not good enough yet for good balls

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

3 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Oh I pured the iron I just almost cut a tree down! Almost hit me in the head coming back lol

I was playing at Forest Hills in Cornelius, OR last week.  Seemed to find every tree.  Twice it hit the same tree.  Luckily it went back over my head both times.  Not a good scoring day, but still a ton of fun.

• Like 2

Driver - Titleist 910D - 9.5° - 43" Diamana shaft
Hybrid - Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - Wilson Staff Di9 5-PW including the A-wedge - TX 99 Superlight steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland KS1

TopFlite Gamer balls - 'cuz I'm cheap and not good enough yet for good balls

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

8 hours ago, chisag said:

"and ton of other stuff that’s just no bueno."

... One of my new favorite quotes. We have all had those days where we struggle out if the gate and it never gets better. Hopefully it was with some good 
friends and the course looks awesome. 

"I would love to hear folks interpretation on what happened here lol"

... If you watch the Travelers today (
Friday) Rory might be asking the same thing. 🤪

Yep I watched it safe inside with the A/C blasting after a wedge testing and adjustment session yesterday. I was just about puzzled as he was in like WTF? Came upon the conclusion is that if one of the Best in the world can have a brain fart then anyone can. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label R-- PW M-85 Macgregor 48* S-400 Sensicore --- SW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- LW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Original Reuter Bulls Eye Standard---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

We had a Tragedy here yesterday on the Grand Strand. A gator killed a man. There are not real details yet.

It happened over at Myrtle Beach Golf and Yacht club which has neither golf (anymore) or Yachts in fact one would do good getting a Jon boat in those waters. The course there Heron Point has been closed close to 10 years now. There are a lot of small houses and older condos there so a lot of full time residents. I know back when the course was open there were a lot of gators there I can only imagine now with the course closed and things grown up higher than my head.

Like they said no real details have been released yet but they did confirm the gator killed the man and they got the gator and destroyed him. DNR and the County Police are evidently still investigating. So my fellow coastal and Florida folks be aware that Gators can and will kill

That’s not a way to go.  It drives me crazy in “Bird Season” that the visitors look for gators and then feed them😱

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

4 hours ago, BIG STU said:

be aware that Gators can and will kill

Not to make light of the situation; definitely sad.    But as a public service,  for those in gator country make sure you take a frying pan with you:

https://www.fox6now.com/news/watch-man-fights-off-charging-crocodile-with-frying-pan-video-goes-viral

• Like 7

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :mizuno-small: T20 54-8  :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter: Auditions ongoing 

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Owen and I were joined by our buddy Paul and our supervisor Chris yesterday at River Heights for a charity scramble to support Golf Fore Kids, which helps provide opportunities for area kids who might not be able to otherwise participate.  Where we work only one of the three of us would be allowed the day off, but when I framed it as a volunteer day to supervisor Chris and invited him to be our fourth, he was happy to approve, LOL.

Owen and I played reasonably well, but the better story was Paul and Chris.  Paul has been working through some swing changes with Owen and they're starting to come along.  When he hits it well the ball absolutely takes off, but he doesn't trust his alignment yet so his good shots go right.  But the process is encouraging and you can see it in his eyes.  He's the one that really helped us along when we started last year so to see him coming back is outstanding.

Now Chris, he never golfed much and hadn't picked up a club in three years; he was there mostly for the beer.  Fella had a beer a hole and looked none the worse for wear!  We took a couple of his shots including an absolutely beautiful chip from under a tree that stopped about a foot from the hole.

We had a blast!  We shot 68, second highest score.  Winning team posted 46.  Chris won some Sub70 swag and Paul won a foursome to a course in Aurora that none of us had ever played before so we're excited for that.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver

Tour Edge Exotics 3 wood and Bazooka 7 wood

Titleist 21° and Grand Hawk XR3 hybrids

Adams Idea 6-PW

Titleist Vokey SM7 50° 54°  and SM8 60° wedges

Ray Cook Silver Ray IV putter

On 6/21/2022 at 8:39 AM, Tiftaaft said:

Never before have I shot par or better in my 40+ years of golf.  May never do it again... but this was a day I will never forget.

I had just finished a coaching session with my club pro (we have been working weekly for the past 10 weeks or so), and walked out to the course to play 18... I left my card on his desk after the round with a note of appreciation for helping me achieve something I never thought possible. 

Just catching up on this thread / post -- a big CONGRATS!! on that very spectacular golfing achievement!! 🥳🎉👏

And leaving that record scorecard was a very gentlemanly gesture, and I am sure very well appreciated by the pro! 👍

• Like 8

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Big Bertha B21 driver (Recoil ES 450/F3)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Epic Max 5W (PX Cypher 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZT9/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

On 6/21/2022 at 10:29 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Definitely an Advil night 🤪

So you basically played 63 holes in one day!!!! (..with the 2 balls most of the time)

Yes I'm very jealous you can do that - it'd be an Advil constant drip for a week for me 🤣🤣🤣

And *beautiful* course btw .. guess when you're at a spot like that ya gotta take advantage!! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, fozcycle said:

I shot 39/40:79 with 2 birdies, #1 336 yd Par 4 & # 16 381 yd Par 4.

Foz nice shooting!! And cool shirt .. quite stylish 👌

• Like 4

6 hours ago, BIG STU said:

So my fellow coastal and Florida folks be aware that Gators can and will kill

That is crazy! And sad.....

Years back I was windsurfing on the NC Coast (Cape Fear just south of Wilmington) putting stuff into my car and spotted what I took to be a younger gator ambling out of the marsh and right towards me - he was not huge but looked plenty big and hungry enough to me! 😄 - I jumped up and stood on the seat of the car and waited for him to continue to amble by and back towards the river marsh!! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_CS said:

But it just goes to show you have to be diligent and pay attention to each and every shot.

You know that *seems* so obvious but we do need to constantly remind ourselves of all the basics...

And it's little nuggets of wisdom just like that, that keep me reading thru each and every post in this thread!!! 👍

• Like 3

I went to the range the other night and the swing was awesome! Felt great! I get to the course this morning and I can’t remember what the heck my keys were from that session. So… Full swing was trash, but the putter and chipping were on-point. Rougher round than the score shows. (40/38)

6DE7F1CB-8F0D-4B94-B5BC-4D6B6DECB954.jpeg

• Like 6

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Played a course that I had not previously played today.  Shot 38/42 for an 8 over par 80.  Lost a golf ball on the back side (and we were pretty sure where it should have been (in play) -- just never found it).   We had 3 foursomes playing this course today since the women had our course tied up with a tournament.  As a twist to our betting game, we had 3 bets ($2 per bet).  One bet was individual skins, one bet was total number of greens hit by the foursome for all 18 holes, and the last bet was a two hole glory hole totaling the best 3 gross scores for 2 designated holes.  I had one birdie, but it didn't get a skin and we only had 3 skins total.  My team won the greens bet.  And it was a 3 way tie for the glory hole bet.  So, I came out $2 bucks ahead for the bet.

• Like 9

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at N) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Mitishibishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 4 -- Fujikura Atmos R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBSTour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX

Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer 

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

12 hours ago, Rickp said:

That’s not a way to go.  It drives me crazy in “Bird Season” that the visitors look for gators and then feed them😱

That is why we call them Tourons--- I think the fine is $500 if law enforcement catches you feeding one in SC

• Like 3

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label R-- PW M-85 Macgregor 48* S-400 Sensicore --- SW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- LW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Original Reuter Bulls Eye Standard---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

10 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

So you basically played 63 holes in one day!!!! (..with the 2 balls most of the time)

Yes I'm very jealous you can do that - it'd be an Advil constant drip for a week for me 🤣🤣🤣

And *beautiful* course btw .. guess when you're at a spot like that ya gotta take advantage!! 

Man I would be on a constant drip in one arm plus a CBD drip in the other one and more than likely a left handed Marlboro somewhere in the mix

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, cnosil said:

Not to make light of the situation; definitely sad.    But as a public service,  for those in gator country make sure you take a frying pan with you:

https://www.fox6now.com/news/watch-man-fights-off-charging-crocodile-with-frying-pan-video-goes-viral

I saw that on one of my FB feeds the other night

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

That is why we call them Tourons--- I think the fine is $500 if law enforcement catches you feeding one in SC

... Stupidity knows no limits. I have taken photo's of gators from a good 25 yds away when I was on the green/fairway and they were by the water. I have my picture so don't need more of them. But I have been paired up with some Darwin Award Winners that creep down near them, sometimes as close as 10 feet. The absolute dumbest is the guy that turns his back on the gator while his friend takes the picture. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx 10.5* ... LinQ M40X 6F3
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-Pw MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

11 hours ago, cnosil said:

Yup, someone sent the feed, pretty interesting!

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list