Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Well, if it's possible to have an ugly 38 (+2), I had one yesterday. -2 after 5 and +4 from there. sheesh. The putting was good, but had a few brain farts and there you are. Hit 6 of 7 fairways, though. Gotta look at the positives.

I dream of double eagles and aces...

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Well, I got my first double eagle ever last night...A Tour Spoon on a 511yder..I had it 234 yds to the pin...What kinda sucked was that we were jumping around with a cart so we had to go back and play the complete course...Other than that I had 1 bird & 3 bogies for a 70(-1)...

My putting is letting me down, though I've got to stay with the belly...Jumping back & forth is not going to help...I've just got to get better distance control...And it's not like I'm leaving myself long first putts...Yesterday, my ave. first putt was from 27 feet...

I mean Christ, I'm rammin em by by 4-5'...I've gotta listen to my own advice & putt for the circle...That's what I mean about thinkin like an *sshole....

Fairways & Greens 4ever....

Congratulations RP! Thats incredible! When I am 234 yards away, I am just trying to get it close to the green, while you are pin hunting haha.

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

I've had two aces and a double eagle - my double eagle with much like RP's - late in the day, up a hill into the sun - never saw it - spent all this time looking for my ball when someone walked up to the pin for yucks and pulled it out.

My first ace made me a seminary legend - summer greek - the prof was my playing partner - no quizzes for a week!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I never had an ace, I did have a double eagle once. And it was perfect because I was playing by myself, and had caught the girls high school golf team. They marked their balls and then waved me through, and I hit it about from about 225 out. I really felt good going to get it out of the hole with 6 high school girls telling me how great it was and how glad they were to have seen it.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

So I managed to get out this morning and my recent driving range session did not go with me :). It was a painful round, but I stopped keeping score and just practiced making shots. Went out early, so i could play two balls, which is always fun. By the end I was hitting the ball pretty well except for the stupid 3W, which can be the bane to my existence sometimes and a godsend other times, especially since this course has a lot of par 4s that need a 3W tee shot.

Grats on the double eagle btw RPJ, even if lucky, it's pretty awesome. Don't think Oosthuizen shot at the Master's wasn't pure luck either, double eagles always are.

Next time bring the smart 3 wood WD. What were you thinking?

Oh and Louie, RR, RP and I beg to differ about the pure luck thing - we knew all along that it was in the hole. B) B) B)

I guess you really don't want to know that I didn't catch one of my hole in one's flush. There is so much that happens in golf that a player has no control over it's a wonder that all of us aren't being fit for straight jackets.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Next time bring the smart 3 wood WD. What were you thinking?

Oh and Louie, RR, RP and I beg to differ about the pure luck thing - we knew all along that it was in the hole. B) B) B)

I guess you really don't want to know that I didn't catch one of my hole in one's flush. There is so much that happens in golf that a player has no control over it's a wonder that all of us aren't being fit for straight jackets.

All 3Ws are stupid :). If they didn't have any intelligence and were in fact just an object, then I could only blame myself, and that's obviously not the problem :).

No wonder you made the finals WD - I like the way you think. :)

I used to live in MA by the way - Sandwich - it's where I met my wife. Oh and had a bite to eat. (Had to get that in before some other wise guy pounced.)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

How did I play today? Shot my handicap. How did my brother play today? First ever hole-in-one!! Being a witness to it was nearly as exciting. It was an uphill 140 yard par 3. We walked up (me towards the bunkers) and he said as he approached that he did not see his ball on the green after a perfect 8 iron shot. I ran up, walked to the cup and there it was in all its glory! One down side with an uphill shot is not getting to watch the ball trickle in.

Great Day.

What's my Handicap? Just look in my Golf Bag. Every club in there is my handicap.

No wonder you made the finals WD - I like the way you think. :)

I used to live in MA by the way - Sandwich - it's where I met my wife. Oh and had a bite to eat. (Had to get that in before some other wise guy pounced.)

I'm very grateful of the staff for selecting me as one of the 5, now I just have to hope total strangers going for 3rd all vote for me :).

Sandwich is a nice area, hopefully you were west of the canal, I can't imagine having to cross the Bourne bridge on a regular basis. Oddly enough, I've never had a sandwich in Sandwich..

I had a very interesting 9 hole round today. First off, I found out why I need to warm up before I go on the course. My threesome had to either tee off cold or wait 30 minutes. We decided to go out cold because we would have been behind three foursomes. So, my opening tee shot with my 4 hybrid was hooked (I never go left). My ball landed in a terrible lie with the ball way above my feet. I aimed right and it went dead straight where I was aiming. I ended up behind tree had to pitch lateral, pitch on and 2 putt. (+2, 6, 0 penalties)

Second hole, I hit a perfect hybrid dead straight with a lower trajectory (I didn't know if I was going to hook again so I decided to keep it low). The fairway goes downhill (not a dramatic downhill) and rolls that way as well. I hit a 3 hybrid thinking I would not even come close to the hazard. Well the low trajectory with the downhill and no wind resulted in a 270 yard 3 hybrid (it must have hit a sprinkler head or something!) that landed in a terrible lie right before the hazard. I had to chop out and landed in more rough, hit on to the edge of the green, chipped, and two putted. (+3,5,0 penalties)

Third hole, awkward par 3. Hooked my 6 iron (I NEVER HOOK) pitch lateral because of trees, pitched it perfectly but it spun back, caught the downhill and went into the bunker. Caught the bunker shot clean and it went OB. Then hit a good bunker shot and one putter for a triple. (+6, 6, 1 penalty)

Thats 6 over through 3 holes. I was getting EXTREMELY frustrated. Even at my handicap I get pissed like that.

Fourth hole, guess what, Sliced my 3 hybrid into a lateral hazard! I was PISSED. Dropped at nearest point. Pulled a 9 iron (LEFT AHH). I had 15 yards and i pitched in! I thought that would be my spark. (+6, 4, 2 penalties)

FIfth hole. Perfect drive over water left me 75 yards to the pin. Hit my 62* which spun back to pin high. MIssed the 7 foot putt BARELY. Tapped in for par. (+6, 4, 2 penatlies)

Sixth hole, I expected more slicing with my hybrid. I aimed left and it went straight. I was 95 yards out with a crappy lie. Left it just off the green, chipped to 4 feet, but pulled the putt. Thats a bogey. (+7, 5, 2 penalties)

7th hole, hardest par 3 on the course. Hit my 7 iron just off the green.Pitch ALMOST went in, but it didn't bite enough, it the downslope and trickled off the green. Chipped to 2 feet and bogeyed. (+8, 4, 2 penalties)

8th hole. Hit a perfect drive down the middle which left me 195 yards left on a par 5. I decided to play to the front left of the green instead of trying to carry the bunkers. I ended up hooking my hybrid (I NEVER GO LEFT). Hit the cart path and went OB. My next shot went left too, but left me on a tight lie. pitch and two putt for a bogey. (+9, 6, 3 penalties).

9th hole. Hit my 4 wood into a fairway bunker. Since it was too high of a lip I had to just get out. Then hit a 8 iron to the fringe. Chipped to 4 feet and one putted for a bogey. (+10, 5, 3 penalties)

I have learned my lesson. Always warm up before a round, even if it is only for 9 holes. It was just awkward going left when I am so used to pushing the ball to the right. Oh well. I thought I'd share since I haven't posted one in a couple of weeks.

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

Well, I'm off...8:12 tee time..Got invited Thursday to play in a Pro-Am mixed Best Ball..She's adorable & 34yo...Is that too young?...

There's a punch line in there somewhere. Go get 'em, and play well!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

This is our last Saturday on a 9 hole course. The new nine will be open next week, I can hardly wait. I played these 9 three times today, that is 27 holes if you do not want to do the math:P . First 9, no fairways hit, no GIR, no 1 putts, 45 Stokes. Second 9, 5 fairways, 6 GIR, 39 Strokes. Last 9, 7 fairways hit, 8 GIR, three 1 putts, 33 strokes. The funny thing about it is I did not feel like I was swinging that badly to start with, but could not catch a break at all.

I'm very jealous that you guys were all playing today - we're under a tropical storm warning - spent the time after church hurricane proofing the property, pulling in anything loose, making sure the hurricane shutters work - all that stuff.

While we shouldn't be hit too hard we've had 33 inches of rain since June 1 - even 3 to 5 inches tomorrow will mean courses closed trough at least Weds - I regularly play tuesday - looks like I'll just have to play on Friday. B)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

How did I play today? Shot my handicap. How did my brother play today? First ever hole-in-one!! Being a witness to it was nearly as exciting. It was an uphill 140 yard par 3. We walked up (me towards the bunkers) and he said as he approached that he did not see his ball on the green after a perfect 8 iron shot. I ran up, walked to the cup and there it was in all its glory! One down side with an uphill shot is not getting to watch the ball trickle in.

Great Day.

Nice! Also watched my brother-in-law hit an ace and it was pretty exciting. It was a downhill hole though, so we all watched it track in. Fun stuff.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

• SPY VIP

I had a very interesting 9 hole round today. First off, I found out why I need to warm up before I go on the course. My threesome had to either tee off cold or wait 30 minutes. We decided to go out cold because we would have been behind three foursomes. So, my opening tee shot with my 4 hybrid was hooked (I never go left). My ball landed in a terrible lie with the ball way above my feet. I aimed right and it went dead straight where I was aiming. I ended up behind tree had to pitch lateral, pitch on and 2 putt. (+2, 6, 0 penalties)

Second hole, I hit a perfect hybrid dead straight with a lower trajectory (I didn't know if I was going to hook again so I decided to keep it low). The fairway goes downhill (not a dramatic downhill) and rolls that way as well. I hit a 3 hybrid thinking I would not even come close to the hazard. Well the low trajectory with the downhill and no wind resulted in a 270 yard 3 hybrid (it must have hit a sprinkler head or something!) that landed in a terrible lie right before the hazard. I had to chop out and landed in more rough, hit on to the edge of the green, chipped, and two putted. (+3,5,0 penalties)

Third hole, awkward par 3. Hooked my 6 iron (I NEVER HOOK) pitch lateral because of trees, pitched it perfectly but it spun back, caught the downhill and went into the bunker. Caught the bunker shot clean and it went OB. Then hit a good bunker shot and one putter for a triple. (+6, 6, 1 penalty)

Thats 6 over through 3 holes. I was getting EXTREMELY frustrated. Even at my handicap I get pissed like that.

Fourth hole, guess what, Sliced my 3 hybrid into a lateral hazard! I was PISSED. Dropped at nearest point. Pulled a 9 iron (LEFT AHH). I had 15 yards and i pitched in! I thought that would be my spark. (+6, 4, 2 penalties)

FIfth hole. Perfect drive over water left me 75 yards to the pin. Hit my 62* which spun back to pin high. MIssed the 7 foot putt BARELY. Tapped in for par. (+6, 4, 2 penatlies)

Sixth hole, I expected more slicing with my hybrid. I aimed left and it went straight. I was 95 yards out with a crappy lie. Left it just off the green, chipped to 4 feet, but pulled the putt. Thats a bogey. (+7, 5, 2 penalties)

7th hole, hardest par 3 on the course. Hit my 7 iron just off the green.Pitch ALMOST went in, but it didn't bite enough, it the downslope and trickled off the green. Chipped to 2 feet and bogeyed. (+8, 4, 2 penalties)

8th hole. Hit a perfect drive down the middle which left me 195 yards left on a par 5. I decided to play to the front left of the green instead of trying to carry the bunkers. I ended up hooking my hybrid (I NEVER GO LEFT). Hit the cart path and went OB. My next shot went left too, but left me on a tight lie. pitch and two putt for a bogey. (+9, 6, 3 penalties).

9th hole. Hit my 4 wood into a fairway bunker. Since it was too high of a lip I had to just get out. Then hit a 8 iron to the fringe. Chipped to 4 feet and one putted for a bogey. (+10, 5, 3 penalties)

I have learned my lesson. Always warm up before a round, even if it is only for 9 holes. It was just awkward going left when I am so used to pushing the ball to the right. Oh well. I thought I'd share since I haven't posted one in a couple of weeks.

Amazing what a little warm up does, even 10 balls to feel your swing. Wife and I play a 9 holer with no range often and man it's hard pulling a 6-3iron (depending on tees) outta the gate. At least you pitched one in, that's always a good feeling.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I don't want to go into this much, just going to say I had the most disgusting 76 ever today. I didn't have a single par; 12 bogeys, 6 birdies. The really crappy part is that half of the bogeys were missed par putts inside of 3'; it was one of those days where sidehill putts weren't breaking an inch.

Congrats on your win R.P., that sounds like fun!

I hope I got my bad round out of the way last Sunday. 87 with 5 3-putts. The tee time was way to early to be playing golf, and the 45 on the front showed it! Oh well, next time right?

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

This was the final day to play the course as a 9 holer. 10 new holes in the morning. I can not wait. I will also get to see how the new game is going. I have not turned in score cards because playing the same holes is not the same as playing 18. Not to mention that the slope and rating are no where close to right. The cheat is already in. As far as I know I am the only person who has marked the new green locations with the sky caddie. The laser guys still have a chance but the other GPS users are going to be 10 to 20 yards off.

This weekend is a members and guest only, but next week end they will allow green fees but have doubled the price to play on weekends. It does not affect me.

We had some friends from out of state come in today and will be here for 4 days of golf. My wife is headed out of town and I expect to play at least 126 holes of golf this weekend.

I started out this stretch pretty well and was the big winner today of $80. I shot a 76, which included a four putt double bogey from inside 10 feet and 30 yard drive. The drive actually covered more that 200 yards but I failed to clear a tree and it came back to within 30 yards of the tee.

Same guys and teams tomorrow at 8 am for a rematch.

Sounds like a great time RR

Was supposed to play this morning but had to stay home with a sick child - finally got nine in at Twighlight - 7 pars, a bogey, a birdie - 36.

I start to gear up for a couple of big October Tournaments around now - I'll have to start practicing more so it's time to get the game in order or in this case time to try and keep it in order - I was even for August - I've never been even for a month before. B)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I played 45 holes today + 3 more just for good measure. Shot 84, 78, 37. Today was the first day that 10 new holes were open and it was busy. But we have all been playing 9 holes so long and used to having to share that it went very smoothly.

The greens, while there are still some spots that have not come in well enough yet, are super smooth and fast. We actually had to wait on a few holes early because the were rolling the greens. Of course this is how did you play, and while the first 18 says 84, I did not play near that well. I somehow managed to avoid the double bogey, but I do not know how. Other than my driving, approach shots, chipping, pitching and putting I played pretty good. I lost no balls, or clubs or beer.

The greens were really different in that they were soft but fast and smooth. Because they are so new, the grass is not thick or grainy. And the older greens were shaved down so that they matched. But the super says to get used to fast greens. There was also a 20 mph wind with gusts to 26 according to the iPhone. The par 3 ninth hole is now an island.and only plays 122 yards from the back tees, but it was straight into the wind and required a 7 iron to get there.

Tomorrow, we do it all again. I expect to do better.

Today, we had a rematch from yesterday but with one more guy on each team. It was 5 on 5. We had two seperate bets, a team bet and an individual bet. The temperature was almost 100 at the end of the round, the humidity at the start of the round as close to 70%, and there was an 18 mph wind with gusts. Thank God for the wind otherwise it may have been unbearably hot. I thought we were going to win and I was a shoe in for the individual bet. I shot 75. However, the A player on the other team also shot 75 and he cancelled out everyone of my good holes. His teammates managed one better shot than we had. So I tied the individual bet, but lost the team bet. We play winner takes all the money but pays the bar tab, so I did not have to pay anything and got my lunch bought for me, and he walked away with $6. But it was the principle of the thing.

I thought I would include some new pictures of some of the new holes. The course designer said that he wanted to make a course where the winner would not be decided until the final green. So there are four new water holes. Also, the first 5 holes have been lengthed and have new greens. Hole 9 is also new, and hole 15 is lengthened with new green and tee box.

I do not have a picture of the hardest handicap hole, which is number 2. It is 440 yards dogleg left, OB right. It requires a tee shot of 240 yards to see around the corner to the green. This hole plays directly into the prevailing winds and there were not many people who made the corner this weekend. I hit a huge drive and still had to bend a 4 iron around the corner. Once you turn the corner it is at least 185 to the green. This morning I hit driver, 4 iron and then made a 50 foot putt for birdie. The birdie was a waste because a par would have beat the other team.

The first new water hole is hole number 9. It is short, only 136 from the back tees but is built cross wind. Todays wind was directly into your face and the pin was at the back. So this short 136 yard hole, I hit a 6 iron, really hard, and made a par. Yes, the water is way down right now.

Number 9.JPG

After a monster par 4 15 which also plays into the wind, you come to the 16th hole. According to the SkyCaddie it is only 300 yards. It is also down hill. So the long hitters can go for it, however, there is water short, and right and a bunker on the left side you could hide a school bus in and not see the top. I went in the bunker yesterday and could not see anything but bunker walls no matter which way I turned. Here is a picture taken from 100 yards out in the fairway.

Number 16.JPG

You can hit a driver down the left side and use the Number 3 fairway as a bale out but there is a ditch and the green slopes away all the way to the water. If you do not spin the ball it will roll off into the water.

17 is a par 3, 210 yards. This generally will have a cross wind blowing towards the water. It is 175 yards to carry the water. You have to aim just right of the tree and get it on the green and let it roll around. The ball will not bounce on the green if you land it short. And there is another school bus deep bunker to the left. This picture was taken from the white tees and is only 135 yards away. The blue tee is 60 yards behind this area but the green is just barely visible from back there.

Number 17.JPG

And finally, the 18th tee shot. The wind is generally a cross wind blowing towards the water. You have the first hole and 50 yards to the left that you can miss left. Of course, this is rough and 4 to 6 inch deep grass, but it is dry. Well, muddy at worst. However, it is 220 yards to reach the fairway. Then the green is another 190 yards to the island.

Number 18 T.JPG

If you go left of the cart path, into number 1 fairway, but not the fairway, the area between the teebox and the mowed fairway, there are three trees to negotiate and it will be 175 to 200 yards to the island. Do not be short. Big rocks line the edges and they are mean.

Number 18 Fairway.JPG

This picture is taken from the last tree looking out at the green. I did not think to take a better picture of just the green. This afternoon during a practice round I double bogied the 17th and 18th holes and did not even go into the water.

Very nice RR - nothing tougher than to play your course when it's been reworked - particularly the greens - I don't know what they do in Texas but many of our greens get over seeded in the winter and when that happens breaks change because the grain is so different - drives me nuts - in the summer it's all about the grain. In the winter it's about actually having to read the slope of the thing.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Very nice RR - nothing tougher than to play your course when it's been reworked - particularly the greens - I don't know what they do in Texas but many of our greens get over seeded in the winter and when that happens breaks change because the grain is so different - drives me nuts - in the summer it's all about the grain. In the winter it's about actually having to read the slope of the thing.

Our greens are Tifeagle and they are not near as grainy as some bermuda greens. The thing about these new greens is that they are so young, spriged just over 4 weeks ago, they seem to have no grain in them at all. Sorta like felt. Short felt. This is a huge advantage when you are putting but when you are short sided it is a totally different story. Just get ready for a 30 foot putt. This is huge when you consider 30 feet was off the green on the old ones.

Looks like a pretty course Rick.

I had a bit of a rough day today, played the tips shot 82 with a couple stupid doubles. Wedge and putter were not good today. We don't play the tips often enough and the course is a bit of a beast from back there! Gotta get ready for the Club Championship in October, so I'll be stepping back there as often as I can!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Looks nice RR. I really need to join a course with more water sometimes. The main course I play has water, but it's hardly in play.

Shot a 89 and 43 this weekend. I was driving the ball great with the 89, but sort of blew up at the end. It was starting to get dark on hole 16 and I made a total mess of it with a triple. It was really dark by the 18th and I probably should have skipped it, but instead took a penalty for a double on a par 3.

My 43 is as ho hum as they get. This is an easy course, par is 34. I bogeyed nearly every hole, except for one double and one par. Nothing felt great, but nothing was terrible either.

Today, was rematch number 4. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and now Monday. Same basic teams with one or two of the other players coming and going, but it has been 4 on 5 and 5 on 6 and then 5 on 5 today it was 4 on 5. Still two bets, a team bet and an individual. I was on the short team all weekend. We do points and double bogey is the worst you can do. No points, this really speeds up play and no one really liked to win a hole with an 8 because your opponent made a 9. That is nothing to brag about.

This morning we did not start at our usual time so when we got there everyone was there. There were probably close to 50 guys in sight. So we went off the back 9. Everything was going ok, but then on the par 3, 13th hole, I hit one close to the flag, and was the only one on the green, and the others on my team were mingling around, I read a post that RP made about putters, and walked up to the green and my team was not on the green yet. I marked my ball, looked my line over, made my read, made a couple of practice putts mentally to gauge the speed, and still no one on the green. I looked up and they were all on the 14th tee box. Apparently, they had reached double bogey and had not even gotten to the green. I made my putt, and made birdie, but the the team had a 2 - 5 - 5 -5. I went over and gave them all hell for it. I asked if they had any Celine Dion because I was in the mood to hear "All By Myself" Our two "D" players both ended up chipping in on consecutive holes, one each on 15 and 16 for birdie so we made it up.

On 18, a par 5, I knew that they were having some problems but once again I did not realize how bad the problems were until I got up to the green and turned to see where they were and noticed that they were all in the bar. I made par but once again it was 4 - 6 - 6 - 6.

After the round the other team said they thought it was funny both times that they noticed I had gone to the green by myself, but they were unable to capitolize and actually lost ground, with a 3 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 5 and a 5 - 6 - 6 - 6 - 6. When the wind is 18 mph club selection is critical when hitting over water. We won the team bet but I lost the individual by one stroke. Cost me nothing.