How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Brought COVID back from my vacation, and while I'm feeling better I definitely have tried to push it too far twice now.

Before I got sick, I shot a 79 (two Sundays ago now) and then somehow pulled off a 78 the morning I started to feel "off." Was wiped out for about five days and tried to play 18 Sunday but quit after about 12 holes because I was exhausted. 

Waited all week to recover some more and tried 18 again this morning. I made it through about 11 or 12 holes before just hitting a wall and calling it quits.

Played OK for the first nine holes both times, shooting 40 and 39. My putting was horrendous today, which was unfortunate because my driver didn't cost me a single stroke. First drive of the day was piped 298 yards dead straight.

Hopefully this fatigue goes away quickly as I'm running out of season!

How are you liking your wedges?

• Like 3
  • Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ.1 LAGolf P135 
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Brought COVID back from my vacation, and while I'm feeling better I definitely have tried to push it too far twice now.

Before I got sick, I shot a 79 (two Sundays ago now) and then somehow pulled off a 78 the morning I started to feel "off." Was wiped out for about five days and tried to play 18 Sunday but quit after about 12 holes because I was exhausted. 

Waited all week to recover some more and tried 18 again this morning. I made it through about 11 or 12 holes before just hitting a wall and calling it quits.

Played OK for the first nine holes both times, shooting 40 and 39. My putting was horrendous today, which was unfortunate because my driver didn't cost me a single stroke. First drive of the day was piped 298 yards dead straight.

Hopefully this fatigue goes away quickly as I'm running out of season!

Good luck, the thing really does take a toll on the energy side of things.

• Like 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

36 minutes ago, bens197 said:

How are you liking your wedges?

Biggest gamechanger for me with the wedges has been the grind. There's a lot of forgiveness baked into the Edel V grind that I didn't have with my Cobra MIMs. The leading edge relief and the trailing bounce really work well for my swing, especially off of the mushy and wet bluegrass fairways I spend most of my time on. 

The moveable weight is a nice touch also, especially in the toe where it really excels around the greens. I can hit a nice high and soft pitch now that really wasn't part of my game before. My short game touch has left me over the past two weeks or so, but overall I'm pretty comfortable around the greens now. 

I do miss the black finish of the MIMs, which was much nicer in the harsh morning light. But the Edels have definitely secured their spot in my bag.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 6.0 / Anti-Cap: 12.1 (Last Updated Sept. 25, 2022)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Club Champion Fitting
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
21° Hybrid: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver 80X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

Currently Testing: Edel SMS Wedges
WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

42 yesterday in a league sub night... with triple on the last. Devastating finish from just too much heat and sweat. Honestly thought on the last tee shot my 5 iron was going to come out of my hand. Back at it tonight, then a weekend away from golf, which will be nice.

• Like 9

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Project X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole 4.0 C, DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

:srixon-small: Z-Star XV Divide

Ever run into a course that's rating and slope doesn't match how it actually plays?  I  Played Santa Anita for the first time from the tips and was happy to walk away with a 46/46 92.  Not too bad for having to hit every shot aside from the tee with the ball well above or well below my feet.  

It's only 6400 yards from the tips, but what I did not realize even with the description of 'links like undulations' was exactly how big, steep, and everywhere those undulations are.  There's hardly a flat lie on the course.  On top of that almost every green was raised, protected by bunkers, postage stamp small, and heavily sloped.  Unfortunately they were also painfully slow which didn't help the day for me.  There wasn't a single hole that wowed me but taken as a whole it's a great course.  If the conditioning were closer to CC than muni it would probably be a top course in the LA area.

• Like 5

:taylormade-small:  Driver: 2016 M2 -- Fujikara ventus red  

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood RBZ Stage 2 -  Diamana Blue Board 

:taylormade-small: 2 & 4 Hybrid RBZ Stage 2 -- TT Elevate Tour 

:mizuno-small: MP60 4/PW Nippon Modus 115

:mizuno-small: T22 52° & 58°  -- TT Elevate Tour 

:bettinardi-small: Innovai 6.0 CTR

:srixon-small: Ball: Zstar XV Divide

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Biggest gamechanger for me with the wedges has been the grind. There's a lot of forgiveness baked into the Edel V grind that I didn't have with my Cobra MIMs. The leading edge relief and the trailing bounce really work well for my swing, especially off of the mushy and wet bluegrass fairways I spend most of my time on. 

The moveable weight is a nice touch also, especially in the toe where it really excels around the greens. I can hit a nice high and soft pitch now that really wasn't part of my game before. My short game touch has left me over the past two weeks or so, but overall I'm pretty comfortable around the greens now. 

I do miss the black finish of the MIMs, which was much nicer in the harsh morning light. But the Edels have definitely secured their spot in my bag.

Glad to hear...I haven't been as dedicated to the forum as much lately for some personal reasons but the Edel test was one I was looking forward to read.  I'll get into it soon.  

Keep up the good play 🙂

• Like 3
  • Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ.1 LAGolf P135 
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

2 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

38 in my actual league night, might get a skin. Double bogey on the last... so getting better 😉

👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

5 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

Had a decent front nine, felt like I was striking the ball well but was getting lots of bad bounces and kicks. Still managed a 41. But my round fell off the rails on the back nine, started missing my lines and was still getting bad bounces and went on a run of bogeys and doubles.

Somehow though on the last few holes my driver started straightening out a bit from my usual cut, so I decided to take a very aggressive line on the last hole. Started directly over the houses on the left of the hole, with a baby fade to cut the corner. Normally I play this hole safe with an iron into the fairway, since a short drive is in the first pond, and too much fade finds the second pond, but I hit a near-perfect drive and managed to birdie the hole for the first time ever.

IMG_1E5547266BCF-1.jpeg.2718b753feddc9c49bfc9d3189243597.jpeg

Ended up with an 85, which is right on my course handicap. If I had managed to avoid my 6-hole blowup on the back nine (I was +9 on holes 11-16) I feel like breaking 80 was in the cards. Alas, it will have to wait until another day!

IMG_4501.JPG.47f0e4f00d6411a819fe34e60681dcd2.JPG

I hate bad bounces.  I get more of them than good bounces.  Why can't the ball just go where I aimed it?  🥴

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I hate bad bounces.  I get more of them than good bounces.  Why can't the ball just go where I aimed it?  🥴

Or as is more the case for me, if the ball is going a little bit right of where I aimed, why does it always bounce further right? Why doesn’t it bounce back to the middle?

I mean, you would think it would be 50/50, but that hasn’t been my experience 😬😜

• Like 4

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
4 Hybrid - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Mitsubishi MMT 80 S

Irons - :cobra-small:Radspeed 5-GW, KBS $-Taper Lite S
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV