Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

10 minutes ago, THE GOLF GUY said:

One minute you are on top of the world and then boom .....lol

The game of golf truly mirrors our lives!

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

39/42:81 with 2 birdies (par 4 & par 5) 33 putts

FIR 5/14 36%

GIR 7/18 39%

Up & Downs 45%

Weather Sunny with 53* - 80*

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Shot an 85 from the blue tees at Balboa Park. It's a tough course and the wind was up a little, so I feel pretty good about it. Greens were still bumpy from being aerated a month ago so can't really say I putted poorly since I left a few short but most of them rolled past the hole. Just a few too many bogeys and doubles, but avoided any big numbers and had a nice par streak from 12-15. Doubled the hardest par 5 16th which is my nemesis hole, but then parred 17 and 18 to finish strong.

Getting closer to my breaking 80 goal from the blue tees for this year. I already shot 77 from the white tees last October. Really just a few solid shots and made putts from a 79. Just getting my confidence back after a dreaded case of the shanks and heel shots, so feeling good about my swing and practice routing as summer approaches.

Edited by SDGolf619

SIM2 MAX D w/Ventus R-6

SIM MAX 3 Wood FW-6

SIM MAX 3&4 hybrids w/Ventus Blue FW-7

Ping i230 5-PW w/DG 105 S,

TaylorMade MG3 50/54/58 wedges w/DG S200

Cleveland HB SOFT 4 putter

Got out for 9 at a new to me course - really nice layout set into some wetlands and woods. 

Started out ok .. a kind of surprising "easy" par on the first then two good (for me) bogeys.

20240424_211420.jpg.64347cfe3d9e57f80f601f03e23e2afa.jpg

Then #4 .. I dunno... Tee -> slice -> splash. Drop -> chunked. Attempted shot on green -> fluffed, splash. Drop -> barely made it onto the front of the green. Just to make the pain complete? 3 putt...

🤦‍♂️

This is the view from the back tees on a Par 3 - 200 from the Blacks, yes basically all carry!

20240424_211540.jpg.a9f8e55b3c4440d25248225f184fcca2.jpg

Fortunately the Gold and Red were waaay further up, with a clean shot .. no water .. and only about 120 into the wind for me. But yeah still came up short, on the front fringe... 🤷‍♂️

Here's another short Par 4 where yep this guy drove it straight down the middle and through the fairway into the rough at the end! (..thank you firm and fast fairway 😄)

20240424_211629.jpg.8c127ddded6cbf5cb867ffeacf830cbc.jpg

And, well, after this things fell apart...

Managed a bogey on the next Par 3 .. almost had a miraculous up & down after a terrible awful horrible nasty bad not good attempt at a tee shot. 

#8 and #9 went double, triple.......

Hey guys, did I mention this last time? 

Work. In. Progress.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

7 hours ago, THE GOLF GUY said:

Sorry to hear that , we are starting up out match play event next weekend and I am having to give 10 strokes to start with , if I could fine tune my irons before then I’ll feel very confident in a victory in my first match . The tee ball is fantastic , putter and chipping have really come around with the Bermuda growing in . I’m excited to start out with confidence and a great feeling . 

One of my playing partners won the whole match event last  year and we typically feed off one another .

that is one nice thing about the scratch league, no strokes given

committed to performance excellence

6 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

that is one nice thing about the scratch league, no strokes given

Yes, I'm trying to whittle my cap back down to around +1 to 1 , in order to compete in the same type of league at my home course, as well. The match play that I mentioned earlier is an event sponsored by our course. I made it to the last four men (semi finals) last year and hope to take it all the way this year. we have four different men's leagues ( one being the scratch league), that I'm  trying to navigate too. So that leaves me having to pick and choose which  to play in. Anyway, good luck in the future!

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

Ended up carding a 45 in my spark league round last night , but made  my first eagle WOOH!!! Had a high risk shot behind a tree . But hey make the best of it . Driver,hybrid,puttimage.png.5060e6e2fc1807a67db461b618e0ba47.png

Driver : Callaway B21 12°

Hybrid : Mizuno Clk 19°

Putter : Ping PLD Anser 2

Wedges : Titleist Vokey 50,56,60 D grind 12°

Irons : Mizuno JPX921 4-PW

Bag : Ping Traverse 

3 hours ago, THE GOLF GUY said:

Yes, I'm trying to whittle my cap back down to around +1 to 1 , in order to compete in the same type of league at my home course, as well. The match play that I mentioned earlier is an event sponsored by our course. I made it to the last four men (semi finals) last year and hope to take it all the way this year. we have four different men's leagues ( one being the scratch league), that I'm  trying to navigate too. So that leaves me having to pick and choose which  to play in. Anyway, good luck in the future!

those interclub matches, IMO are a real bonus of membership for me, I am happy to see your course and area do similar events as we do. We have 4 different men's leagues as well, Men's scratch (I call this the flat belly league) Senior men's scratch (round bellies) Men's handicap (open to anyone but usually played in the later afternoon so working guys can play) then Senior handicap (usually played anywhere from 11am to 1pm). So lots of options available. Usually an "A" division and a "B" division, highest point team from "B" moves to "A" and vice versa so there is incentive to play well as the "A" division usually gives you better competition. It is cheap and allows us to play 4 or 5 different clubs in the area and we get dinner or lunch after the round, it is just a really good system as far as I am concerned. 

In our case at our club we dont have many "scratch" players so a 2.2 index that you have would probably make the scratch league. One of our clubs in the area have 40 players with scratch or better indexes so yes, they have a strong team lol...

committed to performance excellence

49 minutes ago, birdiesandbags said:

Ended up carding a 45 in my spark league round last night , but made  my first eagle WOOH!!! Had a high risk shot behind a tree . But hey make the best of it . Driver,hybrid,puttimage.png.5060e6e2fc1807a67db461b618e0ba47.png

What app is this? Pretty sweet compile of the hole.

-Todd

Peace and Love! ✌️🤞

Current WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 S Flex

Woods/Irons: Callaway X24 S Flex

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Just now, NorCalCamper said:

What app is this? Pretty sweet compile of the hole.

It’s from Garmin there Golf App , I’m currently using it with my Fenix 6 watch , but that shouldn’t matter 

Driver : Callaway B21 12°

Hybrid : Mizuno Clk 19°

Putter : Ping PLD Anser 2

Wedges : Titleist Vokey 50,56,60 D grind 12°

Irons : Mizuno JPX921 4-PW

Bag : Ping Traverse