How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Played nine after work today and had a beautiful 75 degree day to be outside. I walked and put the Q Follow through its paces and it's amazing how much easier it is when you're not pushing a cart around.

As for the golf, I started out and was +13 after six then the wheels fell off. +18 on the last 3 and completely forgot how to hit a golf ball. Really frustrated right now and my confidence is gone. It'll be ok, just got to dust myself off and remind myself that it'll get better and be so sweet when it does. 

I could say that has never happened to me... but I'd be lying.  😁

Stop trying so hard; you attract to yourself that which you give your focus, energy and attention to.  Don't get frustrated, just enjoy the outdoors and have fun.  You hit the ball well before; you will do it again.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Ok, todays post will be a bit longer than normal, but stick with it, cuz it’s good.

first off a disclaimer, because I played from the white tees, as my buddy wanted to play there and since we don’t get to play too often it was fine.

second off, I borrowed a new rogue driver from the clubhouse to try out. It was a Rogue Max D, 9°- on some kind of a Tensi S 65 gram shaft 

first hole was a good drive and 100 yds out. I hit my A wedge to about a foot, and a kick in bird.  
4B05B102-A3B5-48E0-95A3-D704B66FB7E1.jpeg.dec51dd7679a62d4825ebee5b207c9e4.jpeg

Then birdied 4,5,6 and 8. So I was 5 under thru 8.

F5BD6986-989E-4FFA-AC22-104094CD5176.jpeg.8a8457523cd5f43f5d4a5c20a283ae2c.jpeg

Then parred the rest up to 18, a par 5. Crushed a drive to 160 out, but had to bend an iron around the line of eucalyptus trees to go for a birdie. So I absolutely smoke a 6 and as it went around the tree, it hit some of the leaves and I thought it knocked it down into the fairway bunker. The the other two guys that we paired up with started yelling that it made it!

so I drove up around the corner and saw the ball about 4 feet from the pin, and my knees started shaking…

3A942E2D-8187-459A-958F-6206659E4BA3.jpeg.bc18ddf89c976dd0442df1fbe35070d2.jpeg

my previous best score ever was a 66 that I hit last year, so I knew at least I could get a bird and secure a 65, but I had to gather myself for this sneaky little left to right, that actually turns more than you would think.

sooooo, I gathered myself up and drew a bead on the left edge. Just took a firm smoothie stroke and watched it slip off to the right, but held on long enough to to fall in for the eagle, a -7 , final score of 64 for a personal best, and two strokes under my age.

027AD900-55BC-48B6-9D0C-8D7A94FFBD6C.jpeg.ac22be1be8346ed6187fc699a8ba6faa.jpeg

I’ve been floating around ever since…

Well done!!  Congratulations!!

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I could say that has never happened to me... but I'd be lying.  😁

Stop trying so hard; you attract to yourself that which you give your focus, energy and attention to.  Don't get frustrated, just enjoy the outdoors and have fun.  You hit the ball well before; you will do it again.

You know, my wife says the same thing and she's pretty smart...I guess I should listen. 😂

Yesterday I was having a fun and relaxing time until the 7th. I popped up a drive into high grass, hit a nice recovery 50 yards short of the green, then pull topped one 30 degrees left, hit a sign and it proceeded to hit a tree. Then I got to the 8th and they had all the tee markers together way back with the line of high grass blocking out all but the smallest view of the green. It just didn't set right to my eyes and I pulled a low screamer into the grass. Hit a bad recovery and it went downhill from there.

My wife also tells me I shouldn't keep score for a while and that I'll pressing too hard to do well. That it gets into my head to perform well.

Funny thing is, the 9th fairway is next to the range and littered with balls. While looking for my drive I took some time to whack some back to the range and hit toward the 200 yard marker. Hit some pretty good shots then shanked my ball into a pond. 

It'll get there, I'm just messed up right now from paralysis by analysis. 

• Like 9

On 9/19/2022 at 9:50 AM, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

My shaft may be ok. I swapped the screw with an extra i got from @dlow206 and took some swings. no more sound. will have to see if it comes back.

Nice, hopefully that takes care of it. 

• Like 2

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

My wife also tells me I shouldn't keep score for a while and that I'll pressing too hard to do well. That it gets into my head to perform well.

I've had similar issues and have joked in the past about being a better match play player than a stroke play player.  So sometimes I'll do just that; play match play either against Owen or just by myself.  By myself I'll set the bar at bogey and just play hole by hole.  

Other times I'll keep moving the target.  Did I hit bogey?  Keep it there for the next hole.  Par? Par is my new target.  Double bogey?  That becomes my line for the next hole.  Basically like playing a Mariokart time trial against my ghost 👻 every hole.

• Like 7

Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver

PXG 0211 3 wood and Tour Edge Bazooka 7 wood

Titleist 21° hybrid

Cobra AMP 5-PW

Titleist Vokey SM7 50° 54°  and SM8 60° wedges

Ray Cook Silver Ray IV putter

Got a chance to play CC of Indianapolis on Wednesday. Very nice old (1891) parkland track. Lots of elevation. Hadn’t played much, didn’t putt well but managed 45/45-90. Wasn’t disappointed. 

3E2A3C68-7DE5-4AA2-A26C-70B91D3716D5.jpeg

• Like 9

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x 
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

5 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

You know, my wife says the same thing and she's pretty smart...I guess I should listen. 😂

Yesterday I was having a fun and relaxing time until the 7th. I popped up a drive into high grass, hit a nice recovery 50 yards short of the green, then pull topped one 30 degrees left, hit a sign and it proceeded to hit a tree. Then I got to the 8th and they had all the tee markers together way back with the line of high grass blocking out all but the smallest view of the green. It just didn't set right to my eyes and I pulled a low screamer into the grass. Hit a bad recovery and it went downhill from there.

Funny thing is, the 9th fairway is next to the range and littered with balls. While looking for my drive I took some time to whack some back to the range and hit toward the 200 yard marker. Hit some pretty good shots then shanked my ball into a pond. 

I agree your wife on not keeping score for a while.  Ugly things can happen and BAD decisions when chasing a number…..I know.

RELAX…..and don’t overthink it.

• Like 6

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Your wife is smart... you should listen to her.  So I guess that makes me smart by default.  😂  Thanks!!  My wife actually says that sometimes I "act smart".  😁

I also agree on the not keeping score suggestion.  I do that frequently when I'm playing alone.  I play "golf shot".  There are many ways to play a shot; I pick one that I believe is the best option.  Hit it, then evaluate if I hit it the way I wanted or not.  If I did, then go play the result.  If not, I may either try again or pick another option for the shot.  I enjoy the challenge of making the shot like I envisioned it... actually more than the score.

My wife keeps our scores when we play together so I don't even worry about it then.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I agree your wife on not keeping score for a while.  Ugly things can happen and BAD decisions when chasing a number…..I know.

RELAX…..and don’t overthink it.

I agree, I think I've just gotten into a bad mental place over the last year or so over how I'm playing. I was actually really relaxed playing yesterday while averaging double bogey until seeing the tee on 8. That just messed with me and I spiraled badly. I fell into the trap of asking why instead of how. The mental part of this game can be brutal. 

• Like 7

First hole on my home course is a par 5.  Excellent drive.  Excellent 5 wood.  56 yards to the pin.  Tried to get cute and left the shot about 35 feet short.  FOUR putted for a double and it shook me so bad that I went on to shoot a 48 on the front 9.  The worst 9 hole score in many a year.  38 on the back nine.  I'm normal, but my golf game is schizophrenic.  I am proud of the fact I never starting cussing or slamming clubs.

• Like 9

14 of the following:

Ping G425 Max

Callaway Epic Max 5 wood

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

PXG 0311P Gen. 3  6-GW

PXG 0211 5-GW

PXG 0211 sand wedge bent to 53 degrees

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

The Hole that made me laugh.

Normally It's an uneventful round of golf with mostly pars, a birdie or two or a bogie or two. For today's round all but one hole followed the norm. I was even par going into hole 13 with one bird and one bogey. I will typically hit driver over the trees (dogleg left layout) and be 100 yards in front of the green. I'm usually looking, at par or birdie potential. Well not today. A freaking 9 on a par 4. Yup, you read it correctly a 9.

Tee shot did not get up high enough hit a branch and ricocheted dead left onto the 9th tee box (1). I had a window to punch the ball back to the fairway. Figured I would punch it with a draw to get further down the fairway. It drew to soon and hit a tree trunk on the left of my opening (2). The ball went dead right about another 20 yards. Still left with other punch out. So I got a little peeved. Did not take my time and shanked the bugger(3). But at least I got in the fairway. Now I'm 160 out. Took my time, set up and hit what I thought was a perfect 7 iron (4). The ball flew true cleared the bunker and hits the rake that someone left on top. It shoots straight back and rolls into the bunker. The bunker was like cement and my wedge bounced off the sand sending the ball across and off the back of the green (5). Then I chip on (6) but it was down hill so it rolled out. I had a 15 footer backup to the pin. I went past by about a foot (7).  I went to tap it in and it spun around the hole and back out (8). Tap in for a 9. All I could do was laugh. 

Next hole, par. Now I'm located right across from the tee box back on 13. Not one to let a hole beat me down. I went over and played the hole again. Seemed so much easier the second time around. Par. Then I made one more bird and the rest pars to close out the round. At least I kept the round in the 70's with a 79. Not bad a 79 with a freaking 9 on a hole. 

I'm still chuckling as I type this! 

Way to come back from some crazy bad luck on 13! And here I thought trees were 90% air. I think it's also insane that to top it off, you hit the rake.  It's funny how this game is and sometimes the best thing to do is laugh it off. 

• Like 5