How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played in my standard Sunday Game, and took the DF 2.1 out for a spin... It took me a little while to get used to the roll speed - and our greens went from being dew covered to dry and fast during the course of my round (got up to 95 by the time I was walking off 18).  But that thing is MONEY inside of 8 feet.  

I drove the ball really well - hit 14/14 fairways and 13 greens in reg.  15 pars and 3 bogeys for a 75.  My 3 bogeys were from greenside sand... so that will by my "how did you practice" post in the coming week. 😉 

• Like 9
  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Otto Phlex PLB 45 "L"
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • TaylorMade Stealth 5-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5
  • Maxfli Tour / Titleist AVX

Not good, not bad. Got caught in a few showers. I'm still trying to find myself with the new sticks but managed to stop the bleeding enough to shoot a crowd pleasing 90 at Windmill Lakes.

Driver was behaving for the most part with a new grip, so there's that.

• Like 9

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 6.0
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: Fli Hi 3 & 4 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 80 6.0

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :mizuno-small: RB Tour or RB Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I actually got to play twice this past week! First round was Thursday at Shady Valley Country Club which I had never played before. I was asked to join a foursome with a couple pastors from my church for an outing with one of our mission partners. We figured we'd be scrambling, but it ended up being a really low-key event and there were only 7 of us who stayed to play golf after lunch, so we all played our own ball and just slapped it around for fun. I was pretty sore from the gym and didn't do any sort of warm-up other than putting so expectations were low. However, I shot an 88 with 38 putts (didn't get down to read most of them because my quads were killing me lol). Not too bad for not caring at all on a course I've never seen before.

Second round was at Whitestone Golf Club on Friday with my regular golf buddy Kaleb. I was less sore than Thursday but still feeling a few things. However, I was able to hit the range before and that all seemed to go pretty well. Everything was off to a great start until my first putt on the fastest greens I've played all season. They had to be rolling close to a 13 as you barely had to tap the ball on most putts. I'd spend the round back and forth between good play and not-so-good and finish with an 84. This surprised me as I felt like I was hitting the ball much better the day before but apparently my bad wasn't as terrible as I thought.

After those rounds, I decided to look at my recent scores and I haven't shot outside of the 80's since July!!! My last 6 recorded rounds are 87, 83, 83, 87, 88, 84! 🙂 Even better, my index hasn't been any higher than 10.0 for that same period!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: Mizuno CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 54* & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

5 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

My last 6 recorded rounds are 87, 83, 83, 87, 88, 84!

Great consistency Tr1ptik!! I see a 70's in you near future!!

• Like 3
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid

4 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Wet Sunday for golf but a delayed opportunity to get with old friends for first post-COVID restrictions round that combines overnight "preparation" of food and drink with best conversations in a mountain cabin.  Saturday would have been drier under sunny skies as Sunday started with heavy rain before sunrise and continued more on than off in all manifestations from deluge and driving rain to light drizzle with everything in between.  A good social round of best ball so didn't keep individual score.  Good day for reconnecting and recharging the spirit.

86265351_ElkdaleGC9_25_2022.jpg.82b53adb3e717afc809fc332d5f9ce55.jpg

Elkdale Golf Club 4th fairway and approach with water hazard in front of tee box, narrow tree lined fairway that opened to this broader approach, green just to the left side of the photo.  Talk of coming back here in a few weeks when the colors are peak and balls will disappear wherever they land hahaha.

Love the setting EP!  It doesn't matter what the game is like when the view is that spectacular!!

• Like 3
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid

Got out work a round this Saturday morning and the course to myself, lets just skip the fact that it was 40 degrees with 10 to 15 mph winds making it a bit chilly. Have been working on the driver swing, keeping my hands low after watching a TXG video talking about delivering the club with ulnar deviation which unless you set up like Bryson or how I used to with the arms basically fully extended this does not work. I have been hitting the ball very straight since, some pulls of pushes but very little curve on the ball also with irons. With the wind I still managed to hit 12 of 18 greens, but did not have the short game or putting working as I have not played much lately. Only got up and down 1 time and missed a number of mid-range birdie attempts. Shot a 76 (+5) which has dropped my index to 6.0 which is the lowest I have ever had. Hoping to get a few more round in before the year closes up shop.

• Like 8

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review)
:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke iM10 60g  6.0 | :callaway-small: Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5-PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i S
:Hogan: Equalizer 52°/56°  KBS Tour V 110 S | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

10 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Hoping to get a few more round in before the year closes up shop.

Good shootin' @ejgaudette!  Be sure to post your few remaining rounds in the weekly Virtual Competition 🙂  

• Like 4
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid

25 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Good shootin' @ejgaudette!  Be sure to post your few remaining rounds in the weekly Virtual Competition 🙂  

Will do for sure

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review)
:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke iM10 60g  6.0 | :callaway-small: Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5-PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i S
:Hogan: Equalizer 52°/56°  KBS Tour V 110 S | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

6 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Got to play at Compass Pointe today using the foursome CTP prize from the MD golf outing....Thanks @Golfspy_CG2!  The foursome was SWMBO, one of her cohorts from the ladies assoc, playing a better ball match against myself & @MDGolfHacker.  And we got our arse's kicked!  🥴   I'm very sorry partner that I played so horribly today.  I completely lost the ability to hit a driver for most of the round and my iron yardages were way off too.  I wish I could bottle the extra 10 yards my irons seemed to be flying today for future use.  I ended up with the worst score I've had in two years.  

If the idea is to ham and egg it around the course, mdgolfhacker said it best that we were another breakfast food...burnt toast.  😳

Even though my golf was turrible, the company was very good and I got to say hi to golfspy_cg2 afterward too.  As I entered the inner sanctum of Rob's golf equipment emporium I swear I could hear angels singing the hallelujah chorus.  Somehow I managed to not buy any of his castoffs. 

The best thing that came out of today was SWMBO saw the stash of golf bling the Rob has.  So I can deflect any criticism about my future purchases by simply saying at least I don't have as much stuff as Rob!!  🤣  

👍

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Got to play at Compass Pointe today using the foursome CTP prize from the MD golf outing....Thanks @Golfspy_CG2!  The foursome was SWMBO, one of her cohorts from the ladies assoc, playing a better ball match against myself & @MDGolfHacker.  And we got our arse's kicked!  🥴   I'm very sorry partner that I played so horribly today.  I completely lost the ability to hit a driver for most of the round and my iron yardages were way off too.  I wish I could bottle the extra 10 yards my irons seemed to be flying today for future use.  I ended up with the worst score I've had in two years.  

If the idea is to ham and egg it around the course, mdgolfhacker said it best that we were another breakfast food...burnt toast.  😳

Even though my golf was turrible, the company was very good and I got to say hi to golfspy_cg2 afterward too.  As I entered the inner sanctum of Rob's golf equipment emporium I swear I could hear angels singing the hallelujah chorus.  Somehow I managed to not buy any of his castoffs. 

The best thing that came out of today was SWMBO saw the stash of golf bling the Rob has.  So I can deflect any criticism about my future purchases by simply saying at least I don't have as much stuff as Rob!!  🤣  

I wasn't sure whether to react to this post as Sad, Laugh, or Love it... so I just Liked it.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I wasn't sure whether to react to this post as Sad, Laugh, or Love it... so I just Liked it.  

Me too…

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list