How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

6 hours ago, chisag said:

I focused on using my body less and basically casting immediately to start the downswing.

This reminds me of the Monte drill for the No Turn/Cast lesson.  I will have to go review that again, it is a great drill.  Happy to hear you found a groove... Can't wait to read about you shooting your age in the next few days!

• Like 6
  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Otto Phlex PLB 45 "L"
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • TaylorMade Stealth 5-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5
  • Maxfli Tour / Titleist AVX

7 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

The swing cometh and then it goeth.

Right now it’s gone. Where it went, I have no idea.

I'm only 'liking' this because I am in the same situation, but weirdly only with my driver swing.  My only explanation is I played in a scramble last weekend and may have picked up a couple bad habits when we had a safe shot to improve upon.  A range session is needed if I can find the time.

• Like 5

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Accra Tour Z M5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :Sub70: Raw 50*, Nippon Tour 120 X; :vokey-small: SM9 54* / 10* / S, Wedge Flex ;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 57*, PX LZ 6.5;   :ping-small: Ancient Anser or Heppler Fetch (depends on the week);  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

8 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Sometimes it goes away just to be mean…

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Owen and I played the front nine at River Heights today, joined by our buddy Mark.  Weather was similar to yesterday but with no wind so it didn't feel as chilly.  Forgot my Shot Scope watch on the charger at home which really threw off my routine.

Started out rough.  First three holes we only managed one tee shot total in the fairway.  Would've been two but my topped drive didn't even get that far.  I managed an eight on the par three fourth.  Just felt like we were there for the sake of being there.

I turned it around somewhat from there.  Another topped drive followed by a bomb of a 3 wood left me pin high to the right.  Really good chip left me a tap in par.  

A good driver and hybrid put me in the green side bunker on a par five where I fell apart and bogeyed.  

Chipped back and forth across the green on a par three for a double.

Another really good drive and then a wedge that I got under too much.  Next chip left me close enough to hit the putt for par.

On nine I walloped my drive and chipped to about ten feet to finish with a three putt bogey.  

The others never really got going.  Owen shot 53, Mark 50 and I actually had low score with a 49.  Owen's about ready to pack it in for the year.  I'm torn between taking a couple days off or getting back out ASAP before the season ends.

• Like 8

Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver

PXG 0211 3 wood and Tour Edge Bazooka 7 wood

Titleist 21° hybrid

Cobra AMP 5-PW

Titleist Vokey SM7 50° 54°  and SM8 60° wedges

Ray Cook Silver Ray IV putter

8 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So had the first round of our league playoffs today.  Played against a guy who was the same handicap so baiscally we played staight up golf.  I managed a 4&3 win.  Thanks mainly to my game around the green and putting.   My whole goal was to get off the tee in good shape with driver...Check.  Then depending on my distance in, just advance it within 40 or 50 yards of the green and I felt pretty good about my wedge play of late.  Check...Check. 

After a 3 putt on the first hole where I was caught off guard by the speed, I putted really well the rest of the round.  I am still having depth perception issues with balls on the ground,  but if it's a wedge I can make good contact with a half to 3/4 swing.   Anything much longer than a 9 iron, I just bumped it down toward the green and went on.

Happy I won, and the way I drove the ball with the new TSR.  Next week will be a good match, I'll be getting 3 strokes.   The guy I'm playing was int he opposite match today.   So I got to get  a glimpse of his game today, and I think I'll definitely have a chacne If I can play the same game. 

Congratulations, keep it going!!

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

18 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Played 7 holes today by myself…in preparation for my league playoff match  tomorrow.

thankfully I was the only person on the entire course.  So nobody else could see me absolutely unable  to make clean contact with anything on the ground.   Driver was fine, par 3 on tee is fine.  But the depth perception from my eyes just isn’t there yet for irons.   What’s the penalty for teeing it up in the Fairways 😬

it’s a shame as I’m hitting driver really well right now.  Putting is interesting. I close one eye while getting the line.  But have both open tskingy the  stroke.   I putted decently today .   But Tuesday in a scramble I putted  very well.  

So I just have to find s way to get to the green.  Simple right?  

I’m sure you’ve posted why, but what’s up with your eyes and depth perception?

• Like 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 5-AW

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah, I thought everyone was tired of hearing my complain about it...ha

I hat cataract surgery on my 2nd eye two weeks ago.  My first eye was done back in mid August. Thigns were very blurry for a week, then started clearing up this week, but still dont'  see great out of that eye yet.   The surgeon said it takes some people up to 4 weeks to adjust especially those that have a strong astigmatism     

He explained it to me as, my glasses at a +8 RX were like magnifying glasses.   Now I'm seeing things in a natural state and they appear much smaller.   Just like the rearview mirrors on some cars used to say, things inthe mirror are much cloer than they appear.    

So ti's been a struggle with balls on the ground making clean contact.  Which was my miss to begin with, i might hit half aninch or so behind it.  Now at times, Im hitting 6 to 12 inces behind it in some cases.    Driver teed up and even par 3's on the very short tee are no issue, just the ball laying flush on the ground is near impossible to make solid contac with on anything close to a full swing. 

This is Pure Gold!  I'm dying over here 🙂

Sure is👍

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

9 hours ago, Rickp said:

Sometimes it goes away just to be mean…

Or, to bring a sense of elation, and a return to the links when the swing comes back, which it will!

• Like 4

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3

:taylormade-small:: Rescue 3 & 4, Aldila Reax 65 S

:ping-small:: G15 5i -SW, AMT S

Iron A Nelson: 58 deg, LB 

:ping-small:: Putter, 2i B60

:srixon-small:: Q-Star Tour

Played okay, but had 2 bad holes that cost me....hit my drive OB on #2 for a double and then on 18, I hit a 9 iron out of the thick rough that went the distance, but hooked to the left of the green and settled on hard pan with an exposed root about 4 inches behind the ball.  Had to bring the club steep up and steep down....results were not good and sent the ball sailing over the green and ended up with another double to card an 82 for the day.  Bad news is that the 18th hole was pressed and ended up loosing the bet and the press (partner game and my partner failed to make his birdie putt to tie the opponents birdie)

• Like 9

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

21 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

😱 Oh No!!  Not again?!  But you wrote down how you fixed it before, so you can do it again!  Right?

Seriously though, you've heard us all talk about the same issue.  The worst thing you can do is start guessing what to do and change it.  Set up and trust your swing; it will still work, just let it go.

• Like 7

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

He explained it to me as, my glasses at a +8 RX were like magnifying glasses.   Now I'm seeing things in a natural state and they appear much smaller.   Just like the rearview mirrors on some cars used to say, things inthe mirror are much cloer than they appear.    

OK... I just have to...

Objects.jpeg.7599467ad9ca250938484dec905e46ba.jpeg

• Haha 7

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

OK... I just have to...

Objects.jpeg.7599467ad9ca250938484dec905e46ba.jpeg

I LOVE Gary Larson.

• Like 5
  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Otto Phlex PLB 45 "L"
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • TaylorMade Stealth 5-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5
  • Maxfli Tour / Titleist AVX