How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

No Friday golf, all courses shut down until Tuesday for cleanup after Ian.  
most of the Boyz went to breakfast instead, here’s one of my Guys normal breakfast!!

5B50C382-F554-430F-A02C-0E788CF5EDEE.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

most of the Boyz went to breakfast instead, here’s one of my Guys normal breakfast!!

1BD7CD91-EA7F-4839-9A2D-06831EC2B35F.webp.146214999d7ecf398e8bd598569e13e8.webp

• Haha 5

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

It was a day of mixed results, but still eeked out a decent score. It’s like every time I took a step forward, the next was backwards. First hole a was double sandy par, next hole was a 3’ missed birdie putt. 3rd hole was a land mine green that knocked me and my buddies par putts off kilter. And so the day went…

The main point is thank goodness for birdies! Without them, this day would have been dismal. Made long putts to save pars, and missed short putts for birdies. luckily gamed 3 birds.

good news is the new grip, I’ll call it “Hansons Hybrid”, still performed well.

• Like 7

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 5-AW

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Despite a double on #2, I played decent through 11 at 3 over....and then the wheels fell off.  Started by inadvertently grabbing the wrong iron for my tee shot on the par 3 and spiraled through the 17th hole without a par.  Did par 18 to limp in with an 83.  Greens were super fast and the greenskeeper was diabolical with his pin placements, giving us slippery putts all day long.  Somehow, I managed to not 3 putt any green...so I got that going for me.  It was a beautiful day to play....cool at tee off then about 70ish by the time we finished.

• Like 6

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

17 hours ago, Kenny B said:

😱 Oh No!!  Not again?!  But you wrote down how you fixed it before, so you can do it again!  Right?

Seriously though, you've heard us all talk about the same issue.  The worst thing you can do is start guessing what to do and change it.  Set up and trust your swing; it will still work, just let it go.

Thanks for the pep talk and the sound advice Kenny. 👊🏻

I tend to overreact to a round I’m not happy with, and in this case it wasn’t even that so much. I’ve been playing pretty well actually, but just haven’t been able to put 18 good holes together and my last couple of scores reflected that. Too many lazy swings at the wrong time, and it seemed like every one of them ended up in a bad spot, which just compounded my frustration.
I sympathize with @CarlH when I read a lot of his posts. Like me, he’s prone to one or two of those infuriating doubles (or sometimes worse in my case) that can ruin an otherwise very good round.

The good(?) news this time was me making the same mistake. If it’s only one miss, and not a bunch of different ones, I can usually fix it, and that was the case this time. I’ve been playing a lot more golf lately than I have in a while, and I was either a little more tired  than I thought. When that happens, I tend to get very lazy/sloppy with my swing. I’m no swing coach, but there’s a lot to be said for your bromide about swinging (and knowing) your swing…  I was able to figure it out pretty quickly once I stopped moping and got my butt to the range.

• Like 6

Driver:        :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 10.5* 

Fairway:      3W ????

:ping-small: G425 Max 17.5* 

Hybrid:        :cleveland-small:  Launcher XL Hy-wood 18*

:titleist-small:  TSi2 21* & 24*

Irons:           PXG Gen3 0311 XP 6-GW

Wedges:     :cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58* 

Putter:        :yes-small: Tracy 33.5”

:OnCore: Elixir Yellow 

:1590477705_SunMountain:  2.5+ 14 way Black 

2 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Despite a double on #2, I played decent through 11 at 3 over....and then the wheels fell off.  Started by inadvertently grabbing the wrong iron for my tee shot on the par 3 and spiraled through the 17th hole without a par.  Did par 18 to limp in with an 83.  Greens were super fast and the greenskeeper was diabolical with his pin placements, giving us slippery putts all day long.  Somehow, I managed to not 3 putt any green...so I got that going for me.  It was a beautiful day to play....cool at tee off then about 70ish by the time we finished.

Carl, this is too funny!

Check out the post I just left right above yours. We were probably typing and posting them at the same exact time! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Driver:        :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 10.5* 

Fairway:      3W ????

:ping-small: G425 Max 17.5* 

Hybrid:        :cleveland-small:  Launcher XL Hy-wood 18*

:titleist-small:  TSi2 21* & 24*

Irons:           PXG Gen3 0311 XP 6-GW

Wedges:     :cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58* 

Putter:        :yes-small: Tracy 33.5”

:OnCore: Elixir Yellow 

:1590477705_SunMountain:  2.5+ 14 way Black 

Kicking myself in the ass after the last hole today.  Was having a great round.  Made the turn @ 3 over.  Coming to 18, I was 7 over with two doulbes on the day.  Last hole is a short par 4.  I put if 20 feet right of the green off the drive.  No problem, chipping has been great all round, with at least 4 or 5 chip/one putt saves.  All I need anyway is par to break 80, so anywhere on the green will do.  So of course I blade the chip over the green! Nearly snapped my wedge in half after that.  Easily my worst shot of the day, and I had to do it when things counted.  I ended up chipping back on and two putting for bogey.  80 is still a great score for me, but to barely miss breaking it when it should have been so easy, that hurt real bad.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Driver: :callaway-small:Rogue ST Max LS 9*

Woods/Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Epic Max 3 wood, :ping-small: G425 7 wood, :ping-small: G425 4 hybrid

Irons:  :mizuno-small: 921 Hot Metal 5-Pw

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50, 54, CBX full face 60, :ping-small: ChipR

Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider EX

2 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Carl, this is too funny!

Check out the post I just left right above yours. We were probably typing and posting them at the same exact time! 😂

Yeah, I can't seem to keep those doubles off my card.  I've shot in the upper 70s with 3 or 4 doubles before.  It's crazy!  Typically, I'll get at least one double, sometimes 2 a round.  Don't know if I just lose focus or it's my own way of maintaining a comfort zone 🙂  I do make for a good match play player though because my handicap is based on those doubles happening!

• Like 7

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

9 hours ago, Rickp said:

I gained 10 pounds just looking at that picture!!

• Haha 5
  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Otto Phlex PLB 45 "L"
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • TaylorMade Stealth 5-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5
  • Maxfli Tour / Titleist AVX

9 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

I gained 10 pounds just looking at that picture!!

Somehow I always get the “honor” of sitting across from him.  I had 2 scrambled eggs & fruit with a piece of rye toast.  Somehow I feel cheated😁

• Haha 6

Rick

Left Hand, 

10 over 81. Started with a birdie, then missed a 6 foot birdie putt on the second. Ball striking was really good early, hit the first 7 greens in regulation. 2 over after 9. Was going ok until the 15th. Then 2 triples in succession followed by a bogey put an end to my hopes of a good score. 

Highlights were a couple of good birdies, and perhaps the most spectacular shoes I’ve seen on the course courtesy of one of my playing partners who I’ve never played with before.

9CD4A58C-0E3B-41EF-9987-5C88CA4B7484.jpeg.703c2b1ec15201c06b6e6b5e824e4814.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 3

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Goal for todays round:  No doubles and under 80.  We'll see how this pans out.... (to be continued)

Well....mission failed!   The greens were fast and pins were put in ridiculous places (I think they're saving the better pin locations for a girls tournament Monday).  I 4 putted a par 3 green and 3 putted 2 other greens.  Additionally, I hit 2 OB balls on 2 separate holes (2nd shot) both bouncing off a cart path and bounding just on the other side of the OB stakes.  So, my double free round turned out to have 4 doubles and I shot an 83.  I actually felt like I was hitting the ball better today, but the scores don't reflect that.  

So much for predicting a better round in advance 😄 😄

Edited by CarlH
updated
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

10 over 81. Started with a birdie, then missed a 6 foot birdie putt on the second. Ball striking was really good early, hit the first 7 greens in regulation. 2 over after 9. Was going ok until the 15th. Then 2 triples in succession followed by a bogey put an end to my hopes of a good score. 

Highlights were a couple of good birdies, and perhaps the most spectacular shoes I’ve seen on the course courtesy of one of my playing partners who I’ve never played with before.

9CD4A58C-0E3B-41EF-9987-5C88CA4B7484.jpeg.703c2b1ec15201c06b6e6b5e824e4814.jpeg

Didn’t happen to have a Big Red plastic nose😜

• Haha 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Walked Buena Vista alone today.  Beautiful day.  I walked up to the first tee, a short par four, as a twosome were teeing off.  They invited me to play through as they were very new to golf.  

No warm-up, teed up and bombed it, stopping about ten yards short of the green.  I chipped on and hit the birdie putt.  Felt like a boss!  

That was the highlight, although the rest of the round wasn't terrible.  A couple more pars and a couple double bogeys to finish with a (+8) 40.

• Like 9

Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver

PXG 0211 3 wood and Tour Edge Bazooka 7 wood

Titleist 21° hybrid

Cobra AMP 5-PW

Titleist Vokey SM7 50° 54°  and SM8 60° wedges

Ray Cook Silver Ray IV putter

11 hours ago, CarlH said:

Goal for todays round:  No doubles and under 80.  We'll see how this pans out.... (to be continued)

Well....mission failed!   The greens were fast and pins were put in ridiculous places (I think they're saving the better pin locations for a girls tournament Monday).  I 4 putted a par 3 green and 3 putted 2 other greens.  Additionally, I hit 2 OB balls on 2 separate holes (2nd shot) both bouncing off a cart path and bounding just on the other side of the OB stakes.  So, my double free round turned out to have 4 doubles and I shot an 83.  I actually felt like I was hitting the ball better today, but the scores don't reflect that.  

So much for predicting a better round in advance 😄 😄

Well, I already gave you a "Like" for the goal... then you go and edit the post to say mission failed - but I don't want to change my response to a sad face... but the glass half full is that you felt like you were hitting the ball better... and even with 4 doubles, still shot 83?  yeah, that predicted good round is coming soon Carl!!

• Like 5
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid

6 hours ago, chisag said:

... Had my Renaissance Financial outing at the #1 public course in AZ, WeKoPa Saguaro. Before saying anything I had 3 pretty good partners as far as having an enjoyable day so absolutely no complaints since it was free, got a nice Johnny-O polo, lunch, drinks all round long and after round hors d'oeuvres. That said they were 1. beginner golfer with 2. his dad a "13" the had to be on his home course index and 3. an 18 that was just all over the place. Needless to say I had to play mostly safe shots and unable to take on pins because we usually had no balls on the green. We used every one of my tee shots but one when I tried to hit a huge drive and caught a low screamer in the heel. The most frustrating part was too many mid-short putts with quick sharp breaks and my 3 pards constantly played the low side often missing by 2 feet or more so putting 4th I had little idea what the break was on the high side and just had a hard time making putts. Those that weren't tap in's and handled by my pards just wouldn't fall with 3 high side lip outs so I only made 2 putts. Equally frustrating on long putts they were just very erratic, particularly the 13 that would hit putts 6 feet or more offline so no help at all. Did I men sion they were good guys though? 🤪

... Obviously I pretty much played by myself as far as score and we ended up just 3 under. 18 under won and with 36 groups playing the 2nd best score was 9 under so that winning group was silly stacked with ex D1 players and a mini tour guy. I hit a 295yd drive on the longest drive hole and lost by about 50 yds LOL. Same group took long drive and closest to the pin that was 2 inches. All in all a really great day! 

17080070_WeKoPashirt.JPG.e41381bc85b446302e3693ba272b18ef.JPG

That polo is KILLER!  nice tee package!!  It's been a while since I raked in some nice Tourney Swag... I need to put a bug in my company's ear to send me to a charity tourney or two 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid