How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

87 (43/44). Worst round since November of 2020. Just horrible. 9 bogeys, FOUR doubles, three 3-putts. So frustrating.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6
  • Hmmm 2

Driver: Honma TR 460 8.5*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 S, 45 1/4"; Ping G425 LST, Fujikura Speeder TR 661 S, 45 1/2"

hybrids: Cobra King Tec 17* and 21*, both with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105 X

Irons:  Srixon ZX5 4-6, ZX7 7-PW, UST Mamiya Recoil F4, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

1 hour ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Congratulations @Blakedagolfer!!!!!   

Yeah he thinks he getting my old driver now.. He Probably will.. lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

11 hours ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Congratulations @Blakedagolfer!!!!!   

YEAH!!! Way to go 🥳

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen5 0811XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0 or Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 45/A)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Rogue ST Max OS 4H (PX Cypher Black 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Long overdue to post this one, but got out for a round while we were up in NH and it was a milestone round for me!  I woke up to a beautiful sunrise on the lake with expectations of a brisk, but sunny fall morning round.

E907471B-86EF-40D9-B71C-B7E2494269B3_1_201_a.jpeg

DA1363D6-00C3-4501-8FFF-92C3A8C56B4B.png

No, the milestone was not because of my own play... I did shoot an even 35, but that wasn't the highlight of the day.  It was the first round for my middle child and I was excited to see him play!  My oldest son also played from his first official set of tees (they had purple junior tees ranging from 200 to about 250 yards for par 4 and par 5 holes).

399218AD-8B32-43E0-8528-0BD511AA31B8_1_201_a.jpeg

B46679DB-DF0E-4BDD-887A-43593FBEB629_1_201_a.jpeg

We all played with my Father-in-law and it was *brisk* 40* and quite foggy when we teed off. The sun finally poked out as we were heading off the course and heading back to the lake house.

860D9708-5CCB-4E6E-A7A2-5B83E8931035_1_201_a.jpeg

It's certainly one of those memories I'll cherish forever!

C6C707FE-7DB1-46CD-A12E-5F35CE608BC7_1_201_a.jpeg

That awesome and I think I have played that course a few times. Its a fun course.

• Like 4

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review)

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke iM10 60g  6.0 | :callaway-small: Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5-PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i S

:Hogan: Equalizer 52°/56°  KBS Tour V 110 S | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Owen and I played the back nine at River Heights today.  They're starting to punch the greens and were working somewhere on the front so we took off on the back.  

Owen started rough and put four balls in the water on the first three holes and stopped keeping score.  He came around and finished pretty strong, though.

Me, on the other hand, I started well by going par par before getting a double bogey with some awful putting.  

Then I had three straight one-putt bogeys that were waylaid by wonky approach shots.  Followed that with a three putt double bogey on a par five that taught me the importance of changing my setup when I grip down on a club.

The final two holes were already aerated so I'm not too down on them, but I had birdie looks on both and walked away with bogeys.  All in all, I shot a really good (+9) 45, so I can't complain one bit!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver

PXG 0211 3 wood and Tour Edge Bazooka 7 wood

Titleist 21° hybrid

Cobra AMP 5-PW

Titleist Vokey SM7 50° 54°  and SM8 60° wedges

Ray Cook Silver Ray IV putter

So I learned something today, and it ended the brief competition I wanted to have between the PXG XP irons and the Cleveland Halos.

The Halos are like cheating. If I’m a little off with the PXGs I pay the price for it. With the Halos, unless I put a horrible move on the ball, I’m getting a decent or better result.

Decision made. The Halos win by an early round KO. The XPs are great irons, but I know I’ll never want to switch them into my gamer bag over the Clevelands. 
It was wort scratching the itch though thanks to the 100% money back guarantee PXG’s running right now.

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 8

Driver:        :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 10.5* 

3W                :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max D 16*

Fairway:     :ping-small: G425 Max 17:5*

Hybrid:        :cleveland-small: Launcher XL 21*

Irons:           PXG Gen3 0311 XP 5-GW

Wedges:     :cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58* 

Putter:        :yes-small: Tracy 33.5”

:OnCore: Elixir Yellow 

:1590477705_SunMountain:  2.5+ 14 way Black 

16 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

The Halos win by an early round KO.

Now I have an itch that needs to be scratched!!  haha. 

• Haha 5
  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Otto Phlex PLB 45 "L"
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • TaylorMade Stealth 5-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5
  • Maxfli Tour / Titleist AVX

15 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Played a practice round yesterday and worked on grip, form, aim, etc… sometimes ya just gotta get back to basics to keep yourself sharp.

Exactly where I am with my game as I head into the "fall" season.  Back to basics, ready myself for the '23 season 🙂

• Like 3
  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Otto Phlex PLB 45 "L"
  • Srixon ZX 3W & 5W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • TaylorMade Stealth 5-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5
  • Maxfli Tour / Titleist AVX

Shot like crap at out member guest event, like I always do-

maybe I need to start entering every thing that ever happens so I can get used to it- problem with golf is that a little tightness from self imposed pressure doesn’t let me swing fully relaxed. And one iota of a miss doesn’t translate well- 

it wasn’t horrible, but it’s frustrating when my normal daily rounds with my buddies is so easy, but anytime it becomes important, I freeze up a bit…

grrrr

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 5-AW

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

19 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Shot like crap at out member guest event, like I always do-

maybe I need to start entering every thing that ever happens so I can get used to it- problem with golf is that a little tightness from self imposed pressure doesn’t let me swing fully relaxed. And one iota of a miss doesn’t translate well- 

it wasn’t horrible, but it’s frustrating when my normal daily rounds with my buddies is so easy, but anytime it becomes important, I freeze up a bit…

grrrr

Hang in there Sluggo! That competitiveness gets best of us, get to where you're afraid to miss. Shrug it off & go to next hole & smile at your buddies! What a crazy game, but GREAT! 

• Like 2

Callaway Maverick Pro - Std Length, 5-PW & A Wedge - Elevate 105 stiff Steel Shafts-

Callaway EPIC 9.0 Subzero - set at 10.0 Draw bias - 6.0 Stiff Flex

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (21 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM5 - 54 (M Grind) wedge flex; SM5 60 (S grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron - Select Newport 2

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

Handicap 0.6

59 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

This is one of my two types of golf I have realized I play, this one the social golf type, the other the focused golf type.  Focused golf is in the zone where thoughts are mostly calm and about playing golf so swing is easy and relaxed and scores are lower per hole than otherwise.  Otherwise is social golf that can be an outing with friends, a tournament or other planned event (like the MGS Mid-Atlantic region at Queens Harbor) where thoughts are more involved with those I am with and the goings on that wouldn't if they were not there and scores reflect the less-than-focused golf that happens when being socially involved.

This is normal and comparing results is pointless so higher numbers on a tournament scorecard are expected 😕

Well that makes me feel better, but it’s still frustrating as I spent decades playing in fairly high level softball, and pressure there didn’t bother me. But maybe because that’s all there was… but anyways, you’re right…

• Like 2

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 5-AW

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

14 minutes ago, anotherburntsteak said:

Recently broke 90 for my first time a few months ago. Been playing a ton better after reading The Four Foundations of Golf... Last night went out with my buddy after work and was having the best 9 of my life and totally collapsed on 9 lol... I have to share this disaster. Cannot do anything but laugh at it! Topped my tee shot... 7I was great then dunked my PW just to the left of the green in the drink... 

image.png.15f8b18c57237fe7e9421254d465a8f9.png

We have all been there and yes best to just laugh it off best you can

• Like 5

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review)

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke iM10 60g  6.0 | :callaway-small: Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5-PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i S

:Hogan: Equalizer 52°/56°  KBS Tour V 110 S | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3