How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Because of my slow swing speed, I have played softer golf balls, and felt this was as good as it gets. Today, after reading more about golf balls, reading reviews, and listing to 'No Putts Given', I decided to try playing a firmer ball, and was rather pleased with the results.  I still hit driver pretty much the same, but the real differences was with my irons and short game. My long irons landed much further and straighter, and with my short game, when I hit a green the ball stopped instead of rolling off the green.  I have several 'Up & Downs' today, and for me that is rare.  I feel I still need to work a bit more with the firmer ball, to get the feel of them, but early indications were very positive.

• Like 8
  • Hmmm 1
  • Bag        1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png     C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg                Epic Flash
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 3, GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 5 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Other         shotscope2.png.4c66bd90c08eff900bc26d9dd7981c61.png V3

2 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

You guys are lucky to live and play golf where daytime high temperatures get to 75* or above, no matter the season!

You nailed todays temp here, although I’m that early bird guy, first group out every day-

often gets below 60° that early 🥶😉

• Like 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 5-AW

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Horrible round Thursday, shot 47/49:96.  Just could not get the club to the back of the ball. However, we play a net skins game and we played off a 6 so I got 9 shots. Only 3 skins paying $17 each, I had one of them. I had a lousy round but one very good hole made my day.

• Like 9

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft & 0811 XF w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Titleist T300 48* GW w/Fubuki MV Senior shaft and SCOR 4161 54*/57* wedges V sole & Genius 10 shafts…Cleveland RTX Zipcore (54*/58*) w/DG Spinner wedge shafts on back burner for now.

Putter: 33”   Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Using Shot Scope V3 and MG4000 Rangefinder

44 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Played round #96 for 2022 this evening, 52* at tee time, overcast and a good breeze blowing.  Started with a par and ended with a par, all bogies between them except one triple, sometimes trees help and sometimes they hinder, but a +9 45 at Caz. 

Driver and 19* Tommy Armour fairway hybrid were connecting right out of the 1st tee box reaching the 360 yard distance in 2 and lag putting was dialed in.  Irons were doing their thing and occasionally a hit was thin or fat, but 6 less than yesterday.  I think I have enough rounds to put together the best two for the MGS Forum Golf Championship this week.

1195617369_10.7.20223rdteetogreen(2)800h.jpg.a7424bfaf92388a3c5ad55ce14309589.jpg

3rd tee box with the 3rd green in the center, 5th green on the left, and 4th fairway visible through the tree to the right of the 3rd green.  Lots of leaves starting to litter the ground making ball location more challenging.  Cazenovia Creek is just the other side of the taller vegetation in the foreground.

All I can or will say is CONGRATULATIONS on the number of rounds you have in the books so far this year!

Any time you get an opportunity to be outdoors in nature doing something you like at least a little bit makes it all worthwhile! 👍

• Like 2

Driver & Fairway: Titleist TSi3 10 degree  - Ventus Black 5S & TS3 15 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 

Hybrid: Titleist 818H2 - Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged - Nippon Modus 120

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54, and 60

Putter: Cameron Phantom  X 5

Ball: Pro V1

9 hours ago, JerryB said:

What a difference a day makes.  After yesterday's beautiful weather, today we woke up to 35 and breezy.  Too cold for Owen, he rolled over and went back to sleep.  I headed out anyway and played the back nine at River Heights with our friend Mark.  

I'm going to go ahead and blame the extra layers for my play, lol.  Just wasn't turning well.  Tee shots were mostly a mess.  Topped a couple trying to kill it.  Had some good recoveries with my 3 wood, I think it knows it's on the chopping block.

Mark had a lot of shots fall out of the sky today but otherwise played decent.  I wound up going (+14) 50.

It will take awhile to get used to swinging with extra layers on; it's a different feeling for sure.  However, always good advice is "swing easy when it's breezy".  I know the temptation to swing harder, but an easier swing will produce better contact with less spin, which is much better in the wind and especially better wearing extra layers.

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

This is just false information. There are very few made for shafts these days.

The ventus shafts for TM and Callaway, PX red shafts for TM and some they make for Callaway are pretty much the only made for shafts.

The retails shafts that are offered from the different club manufactures are just mass produced and several of them like px hzrdus are still high end shafts that if bought new from a dealer cost $300 plus

Not quite; there are still a number of “made for” Speeder and Pro Series shafts from Fujikura (others, too, including Motore models). You can go to the “Shafts” tab on the Fujikura website and there is an “OEM Shafts” selection there. This shows all of the different “made for” shafts in their lineup, and there are still quite a few.  These are all current or very recent shafts, as Fujikura moves the shafts that are not in currently available OEM clubs to their “Legacy Shafts” page.  I am a long-time Fujikura Charter Dealer, and I use this information frequently.  Mitsubishi also has a “made for” line of Tensei shafts that are still in production.

Edited by funkyjudge
  • Like 1

Driver: Ping G425 Max, 9*, Miyazaki  Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 6S, 44.75" playing length

4-Wood: Titleist TS2, 16.5*, Miyazaki Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 7S, 42.75" playing length

5/7-Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero set to 20* loft; Tensei Blue 75-S, 41.5" playing length

Hybrids: Exotics EXS Pro (22*), Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 75S

Irons: Exotics EXS220 5-iron and New Level MODB-1 (6-iron through PW), KBS TGI Tour 80 (stiff) shafts

Wedges: New Hogan Equalizer wedges (48* and 56* + Maltby TSW Forged 52-8, all bent 1* weak

Putter: Evnroll ER2, 34”with Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTBx

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

It’s funny cuz me and my buddy were talking about how you can, from one day later, be a polar opposite from the day before. And Honestly I really don’t know why the driver straighter out today, even had a few baby draws for cryin out loud… 

And weirder yet, the irons were still crispy…

that’s the beauty of this game, every shot, day after day, is different. A new challenge, a new opportunity to do something cool…

Over the past couple years I’ve been pretty consistent with the driver as far as  distance and FIRs, but the trajectory varies.  A small percentage will have a baby draw, but most are various degrees of fade.  And I hate the fade simply because I know it’s the result of swing flaws (in my case). And I love the draw because I get increased distance. 

Several months ago at the range, I was all of a sudden hitting baby draw after baby draw.  The release felt different.  Since then, I’ve learned another key ‘feel’ regarding my shoulder rotation on the downswing, but I can’t cause either to happen on demand, and still only get a small percentage.  But...there is tomorrow...

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3

:taylormade-small:: Rescue 3 & 4, Aldila Reax 65 S

:ping-small:: G15 5i -SW, AMT S

Iron A Nelson: 58 deg, LB 

:ping-small:: Putter, 2i B60

:srixon-small:: Q-Star Tour

11 hours ago, Paul Hedrick said:

Because of my slow swing speed, I have played softer golf balls, and felt this was as good as it gets. Today, after reading more about golf balls, reading reviews, and listing to 'No Putts Given', I decided to try playing a firmer ball, and was rather pleased with the results.  I still hit driver pretty much the same, but the real differences was with my irons and short game. My long irons landed much further and straighter, and with my short game, when I hit a green the ball stopped instead of rolling off the green.  I have several 'Up & Downs' today, and for me that is rare.  I feel I still need to work a bit more with the firmer ball, to get the feel of them, but early indications were very positive.

Interesting, used to play with the cheaper balls rock's we called them lol. ... bought a few box's of Taylormade last year no better or worse than Callaway Titleist etc, but might try what you've done...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Horrible round Thursday, shot 47/49:96.  Just could not get the club to the back of the ball. However, we play a net skins game and we played off a 6 so I got 9 shots. Only 3 skins paying $17 each, I had one of them. I had a lousy round but one very good hole made my day.

…aaaand that’s why they call it gambling. It makes the drink after the round taste better, doesn’t it? 🥂

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x 
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

13 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

My wife made a deal with me when I got my first season pass to this golf course, "you can golf as much as you want as long as you are home on the weekends" so I golf as many of the 5 week days during golf permissible weather/months as I can manage and being obsessed keep track of when and where for the total.  93 rounds in 2020, 109 rounds in 2021, and working at increasing that total for 2022.

Sounds like a great situation.  

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Shot a 58 on the Aarau 4D minigolf course while my wife shot a 60. I had 2 hole in 1s in the last 3 holes to put the match away. I had Ivan in the carrier as my handicap and had to putt one handed, but overall very satisfied with my performance. Was a fun course with some trippy visuals and one really stupid boat hole that had severe down slope then up slope with I had a max score on. Left every putt short... I'll blame it on the baby as he didn't caddy well for me on that hole!

IMG20221005155708.jpg

IMG20221005155951.jpg

IMG20221005161647.jpg

IMG20221005160741.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

⛳🛄 as of Oct 31, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   TBD: Follow here: Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: King SZ 3 wood 15.5*

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

Struggled with good ball striking today.  Swing felt forced all day and just couldn't seem to feel fluid for whatever reason.  Anyway, shot an 83 and had to birdie the last hole to do that 🙂 

• Like 8

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

2 hours ago, CarlH said:

Struggled with good ball striking today.  Swing felt forced all day and just couldn't seem to feel fluid for whatever reason.  Anyway, shot an 83 and had to birdie the last hole to do that 🙂 

Well, I was just the opposite today... I didn't struggle with bad ball striking!!  I mishit so many iron shots; the only ones that were decent on Par 3's where I could get the ball off the wet, dewy grass.  Driver was better today, and my putter was awesome; two long birdies and many long par-savers.  The greens are the best they have been all year.

Shot 41/35 for a 76... no doubles!!!

• Like 7

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

21 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

My wife made a deal with me when I got my first season pass to this golf course, "you can golf as much as you want as long as you are home on the weekends" so I golf as many of the 5 week days during golf permissible weather/months as I can manage and being obsessed keep track of when and where for the total.  93 rounds in 2020, 109 rounds in 2021, and working at increasing that total for 2022.

What his wife REALLY said...

IMG_2976.jpeg.6d58e1faf8f91f289c60c01b7a75c14c.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5