How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Unless you have an ace (and I don't see a badge), there is a place to report these "close encounters". Nice round and better luck next time 😊.

Oh thank you! I was looking for that but could not find it! 

• Like 2

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

Well I've been quiet for a while. This was the first time I've touched my clubs in over 2 months. So I had no expectations heading right to the course with no practice. Of course I watch of a lot of online tutorial videos since I haven't been able to play. It could be good I forget some bad habits or it could be bad I have some of these video tips in my head. One I took to the course was a a tip for consistent ball position at setup.

I played my home track (69.7/119) from the gold tees which plays a little under 6400 yds. It's a deceiving course even though there isn't much sand, the course is well protected by sawgrass. Greens are well protected on both sides and long. So if you're not in play, it's easy to rack up the strokes.

.Shot 45/42 tying my personal best 87 with only one triple, 2 doubles, 8 bogeys and 7 pars/GIRs. That was with 6 penalties and even missed a couple 3-5 foot birdie putts. I will say I hit a lot more pure shots than bad shots with woods/irons.

Hit more fades on the range as I implemented my new setup routine (usually more draw biased). Get out on the course, aim to play the fade and wind up hitting the draw. Setup more anticipating my draw and hit the fade. So played a lot on the edge of the fairways/rough. Hit a few 280 bombs with best drive hitting 300 yds (flat course not downhill) but 4 of my penalties were off the tee having no good sense of what ball flight I'd hit. Only missed 1 par 3 green which is a PB. My biggest struggle was wedges 50-100yd out, was thinking too much about setup and the ball position most often catching it thin in this range. Chipping recovery was on fire having 3 chips stopping within a foot of the hole for a one putt (33 putts total). So overall had fun and really happy with the outcome after the 2 month hiatus!! I just hope it's not another few months before I can get out again.

• Like 9

Bag: Sun Mountain 4.5 14 way

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite X-Small

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax Ultralite X-Small

Hybrids: 19 deg (Set to 18) and 22 (set to 21) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite X-Small

Irons: 5-PW Irons PXG 0211 KBS C Taper Tour 120 Stiff -0.25" Grip JumboMax Ultralite X-Small

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip JumboMax Ultralite X-Small

Putter:  PXG Gen2 Spitfire Armlock 37.5" SuperStroke Flatso 3.0 17"

Game Ball: New Gamer Maxfli Tour CG 

Fall colors are the best!

• Like 4

⛳🛄 as of Oct 31, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   TBD: Follow here: Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: King SZ 3 wood 15.5*

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

Let's see, it went like...

1. not so good
  2. kinda ok
  3. not so good
  4. ok-ish
  5. not so good
  6. ok enough after a sliced tee shot
  7. ok after a mulligan/do-over
  8. almost good .. this is a Par 5 I've been inching closer to making a par on .. really good tee shot down the middle; good enough 2nd to get into position for an approach; approach landed front-middle of green with back-middle pin; first long uphill putt was online but left a little too short .. 2nd putt pulled it a hair and missed on the high side .. 6 inch tap in bogey...
  9. complete meltdown disaster blow-up 🤷‍♂️

So yeah your regular up and down golf day! 🤣

• Like 9

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen5 0811XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0 or Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 45/A)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Rogue ST Max OS 4H (PX Cypher Black 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Par double double but, just practice didn't get a card. Hit a few good shots trying to copy Cam Smith and others who have the front foot pointed to 10 o'clock with a slightly strong grips? Hitting straighter if I don't drop kick lol, so good practice I think...

• Like 7

Better than last week. 

42/43 85 yesterday in 3 hours 9 minutes. Not bad for a Sunday.

• Like 9

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 6.0
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: Fli Hi 3 & 4 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 80 6.0

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :mizuno-small: RB Tour or RB Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

8 hours ago, yungkory said:

Absolutely cursed round today. Couldn't for the life of me string good shots together. Either a poor tee shot and decent second, or absolutely smash one and yank my approach left. Also had a couple of drives that ended up way worse than they should've -- smoke one down the middle and end up with a downhill, ball below feet lie kind of day. Making excuses, as that's what happens sometimes, but today just felt extra rude.

Like dunking one from 80y, only for it to rocket to the left into the greenside bunker. You can see where the ball entered the cup:

17D25F68-34C6-4FD2-B48B-6E54A9B2B046.jpeg.0f731f8cd89d61943acb7e2789b5daca.jpeg

On the bright side, I got to test the new ProVs, and I kinda prefer the regular V1 where I normally play the X. Excited to test them more.

You are too young to remember, but...

Mamasaid.jpeg.b142bfce745fcd3b6e0d9bda6f341f46.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

49 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

@Rickp  Did the PXG survive FedEX?  Does it like Florida?

Inquiring minds...   😃

used it twice, shorter than my Titleist driver by a lot.  Will need to play with loft setting.  I think it’s afraid of Gators😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

used it twice, shorter than my Titleist driver by a lot.  Will need to play with loft setting.  I think it’s afraid of Gators😜

Sorry.  Not sure if the setting will do much good.  My wife got the same driver and it was shorter than her old TM RBZ Stage 2... same loft.  She sent it back. Since I had the Callaway Epic Max, I ordered her the Epic Speed driver from CPO.  We spent some time on the range swapping heads; put the Epic Max on her 40g shaft and I put her Epic Speed on my 50g shaft.  We both decided that we'll stick with our originals.  She's doing well with the Speed.  I'm curious if the Rogue ST is any better than my Epic.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On Sunday morning, after 9 holes, it wasn't hard to determine that I didn't have my best stuff.  So rather than concentrate on score, I decided to work on my short game.  I am a follower of Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible, but I have never been comfortable with the half swing or 7:30 position.  Three quarter or 9:00 position shots are my favorite.  My setup for chipping short pitches is upright with club, grip pointing above my belly button, heal of the club slightly up, and choked down on the grip.  I began experimenting with 1/2 swings in my chipping setup and dialed in approximately 40 yards for my LW, approximately 50 yards with SW, and approximately 60 yards with my GW.  These distances fit in perfectly with my 3/4 quarter LW at approximately 60 yards.  Prior to figuring this out, it was always a feel shot under 60 yards.  So my not so good, full swing ball striking day turned out to be a positive.  

• Like 4

Ping G425 Max 9° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-5S

Ping G410 3 wood 16° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

PXG 0211 19.5° 7 wood w/Project X Evenflow Riptide CB 40 5.0

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Taylormade Spider X putter