TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

So...... since my cataract surgery, I am hitting everything thin. I'm topping my tee shots with both driver and irons. I'm topping or skulling approach shots ,chip shots, and even putts. This is killing me!

Did you do that before the surgery?    :D

Seriously though, how long has it been?  One of the guys I played with today had that surgery two months ago, and he didn't hit the ball very well for several weeks after.  He's better now, but played awful today.

Hope it gets better soon.  The last couple of weeks were not my best rounds (until today) and I was beginning to wonder if I am doomed to poor golf.  After all, at my age my game should be declining.  I just don't want it to happen for awhile.  One day, something will click and a good round will pop up.  Just stop thinking, let things happen and Be the ball.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Shot a 44 tonight with the guys from work. I hate this course doesn't have any sort of range, my worst holes of the round are always the 1st two. Have tried leaving the big stick in the bag and hitting 3w, hybrid and even an iron off the tee and I still can't get in my "groove" until the 3rd hole.

Lipped out two birdie putts and only had one real blow up hole. All in all extremely happy!!

Rain out

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I shot a 44/47....91 @ Roger's Park yesterday.....Struck the ball very well, BUT......approach shots were over the back and i could not putt!

I just realized why 5 of my approach shots went over the green!  I am used to playing to elevated greens and the greens at Rogers Park are not elevated...thus, my approach shots were about 1/2 club too long!  DUH!  Playing there agin next week so we will see how I adjust.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Played in Wednesday night men's league tonight at my club. Tonight was better ball of partner's from the red tees for 9 holes. Would have thought I could have gone low from there but even par was the best I could muster. Hit some stupid aggressive tee balls that I got somewhat lucky on but overall happy with the swing considering I have not been playing much at all lately.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Wow another day another 74. I was doing well until the 18th where I hit a horrible drive and went out of bounds. This is the second time I make the turn under par only to get bit in the ass by 1 bad hole! I've started to hit a slice with my driver which I don't like. Hoping to get that fixed soon as the club championship is only a few weeks away.

Also, with my brother in our twilight league last Monday we were playing the best team in the league. They have won it all 2 or 3 years in a row and went undefeated all of last year and this year...until they met us! Out of a possible 6 points - we got 5. They were stunned. They finished with 37 and we finished with 35 (These are 9 hole games of course).

Handicap now 5.2  :D

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Not well. Wednesday night league put up a 50. Started off bogey, par and then hit the green on a par 3 and 4 putt and It just never got better. Totally blew up on 2 holes. Minus that 4 putt, the putter was probably my best club tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:taylormade-small: R15 10.5 aldila Rogue Silver 60S
:callaway-logo-1: XR 16 3W
:mizuno-small: JPX 825 3H 19°
:taylormade-small: RSi1 irons 4-AW
:callaway-logo-1: MD3 54°
:mizuno-small:  S5 58°
:cameron-small:  X7M

I got out this afternoon for a fun round with my son. We were the only ones on the course (my car temp said it was 108). I tried something I hadn't done before, I would hit three different types of shots into the green. It was really good for me to get that kind of practice in, plus it was kinda windy so I had that to work with as well. My son got some pretty good swings in as well. He's almost three and he accidentally knocked in a 30 footer. He was just trying to hit his ball towards me and it went in the cup. Both of us were pretty stoked. All in all it was a good time.

Driver:  :ping-small: G30 9*

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X-Forged 3-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 52*

:ping-small:  Glide 58*

Putter:   :taylormade-small: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

Even par for a quick 9 at my club this afternoon. Early game tomorrow and then Bethpage Black from the plaques on Sunday afternoon.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

33 Stableford points (9 over playing off 6) Conditions were atrocious, 20-30mph winds, rain squalls rolling through every 3 or 4 holes, about 50F (do you see how I'm converting for you Americans)

Hit the ball reasonably well, short and mid irons let me down. Putted well on wet but quick greens, no 3 putts, and 6 X 1 putts, a couple from 12-15 feet.

Pretty happy with result, especially considering I left my rain cover (containing rain gloves) safely in the garage at home.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Shot 77 this morning at my club and really only made one poor decision....walking the course in 95* heat. I was gassed after 16 holes and limped it in from there with a par and bogey. Best decision was finding the room with a big TV and recliners off of the locker room with bar service. Tomorrow is going to be the same heat so I bailed on playing Bethpage. Doubtful I would even finish.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Played the first round of our club championship this morning. I continued my very poor ball striking and decent putting. I hit 5 greens in regulation, had an ob and just no confidence from 30-100 yards. Ended up with a 77. We will see this afternoon what I have to do tomorrow. Course was in poor shape and a little disappointed in that as well.

I did continue to keep the same Snell in play. And after 36 holes is doing well. I'll hopefull be able to show it after 54.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

75. Hour and a half rain delay screwed me.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Worse round in a long while.  Course was very crowded, and we got paired with Mrs. Havacamp and Spaulding, her grandson.  Nice people, but it was a really long day, and I got frustrated.  My wife and I play at a reasonable pace; don't like being pushed and don't like to wait.  There were holes where we teed off and we had to wait for them to hit 2-3 shots to get to our drives, and we are not long hitters!!!  On #12 the course marshall that we know well told our group that we had to let the group behind us play through.  He should have done that on #8.  I just totally gave up trying to hit decent shots.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Worse round in a long while. Course was very crowded, and we got paired with Mrs. Havacamp and Spaulding, her grandson. Nice people, but it was a really long day, and I got frustrated. My wife and I play at a reasonable pace; don't like being pushed and don't like to wait. There were holes where we teed off and we had to wait for them to hit 2-3 shots to get to our drives, and we are not long hitters!!! On #12 the course marshall that we know well told our group that we had to let the group behind us play through. He should have done that on #8. I just totally gave up trying to hit decent shots.

I hope Spaulding didn't pick his nose.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

So by everyone's posts yesterday was not a good day golfing. Here's to a much better day today! Have fun everyone and play well

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

I hope Spaulding didn't pick his nose.

Everything but...  I had never seen anyone hit a tee shot (right-handed) and have it end up going forward about 5 yards and ten yards LEFT!!!  More than once!

Played in the final round of the club championship today. Another poor round for me but still came out on top (yes 77-77 won the event) A second straight 77 and just no consistency. Hopefully the course conditions improve in the next week or so. Also was a poor day for my Snell. After 53 holes I had to retire it due to a crack in the cover. It felt different for a few holes and finally showed up. I thought it was just how poor I had been swinging but it was actually the ball. This will affect my thoughts on the ball and my review. I will also send the ball back to Snell for them to see why it failed.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Hard fought 79 today. 42/37. I have either a pulled muscle or a pinched nerve. A pain in between my shoulder blade and my spine. I can't completely turn my head to the right. Told my wife that I could have 2 broken legs and would still play through the pain lol.

Sent from my XT1563 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

77 today with 33 putts and a triple. Just couldn't roll anything in. Basically made one putt. Was leaving everything short on greens that weren't that slow all together. Had 5 birdie putts inside 15 feet, a couple inside 5 that I didn't make...but hit it well and could've been a great day but was still solid

Knoxville, TN. 6HDCP, Cally XR16 Driver, G25 3 wood, burner Rescue. Ping I E1 irons, Vokey SM5 52,56,60 & 2ball odyssey putter

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Played 12 holes today with my son. I drove the cart and hit a few shots and helped him around the course. His lessons are taking hold and he is hitting his driver between 180 - 190 consistently. Wedge game is developing and he putts like his father. Had more fun giving him a lesson on the course than I do playing a round myself.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Yesterday was Horrible.......drives were great BUT, nothing else seemed to jive......shot a 97! We traveled to the other side of the county(40 minute drive) to play a sister course......it was in great shape, but I just could not get anything to work. I was the worst of 48 when you look at our points quotas......I shoot for 27 points and was minus 16!

Today I played at my home course and shot an 87.... Better but not very good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Not the greatest, scrambled a bunch as a result of hitting only five fairways all day. Shot 82. To know that my game is at a point where I can play out of rhythm and still have a shot at 79, I'm good with that!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Yesterday was Horrible.......drives were great BUT, nothing else seemed to jive......shot a 97! We traveled to the other side of the county(40 minute drive) to play a sister course......it was in great shape, but I just could not get anything to work. I was the worst of 48 when you look at our points quotas......I shoot for 27 points and was minus 16!

Today I played at my home course and shot an 87.... Better but not very good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that @fozcycle; seems like we all had a pretty poor weekend.  Martha says next time we get together to play, "Bring your checkbook."   :)

We had a decent twosome to play with today after Mrs. Havacamp and Spaulding yesterday.  Still didn't play all that well.  Shot 82 with only one birdie, but no doubles or worse; just a bunch of bogeys.  But we had fun today, so all is good.

Shot 75 today. I hit lots of good shots particularly with the driver.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Birdied 3 of the last 4 including 18 to shoot 69 and take the 1st flight of the club championship by 1. Fun day!

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Shot 75 today. I hit lots of good shots particularly with the driver.

Well, at least somebody had a good day.....way to Rev!