MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

IT finally happened for me. Got my first ace on Saturday. Third hole, wind at my back 125 to the pin. I hit a pitching wedge choked down and 3/4 swing. Played a lowish spinning hook/draw. Took one hop hit the flag stick and went down. Funny part was i played alone. I called my dad right away to tell him we were tied even though he gets style points for flying his in the hole. Ended up shooting a 37 on the front. Had a legit chance at breaking 80 but the back was an unmitigated disaster. Started off double, bogey, bogey, double. Ended up having a string on pars and got to 18 needing a birdie for a 79. I ended up hitting a straight pull and had to take an unplayable. Ended up with an 82. I played Sunday shooting a 90ish.I played after pulling an all nighter but did manage a KP, but no birdies. My putting was by far not as sharp as it was a day ago.

• Like 5

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

KP?

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

KP?

Closest to the pin

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Not all yesterday or today because guess what boys and girls? It's raning again on the Florida Gulf Coast. Who needs a hurricane? El Niño is the silent killer of a golf game and golf courses.

Mid October can't come soon enough. :(

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

IT finally happened for me. Got my first ace on Saturday. Third hole, wind at my back 125 to the pin. I hit a pitching wedge choked down and 3/4 swing. Played a lowish spinning hook/draw. Took one hop hit the flag stick and went down. Funny part was i played alone. I called my dad right away to tell him we were tied even though he gets style points for flying his in the hole. Ended up shooting a 37 on the front. Had a legit chance at breaking 80 but the back was an unmitigated disaster. Started off double, bogey, bogey, double. Ended up having a string on pars and got to 18 needing a birdie for a 79. I ended up hitting a straight pull and had to take an unplayable. Ended up with an 82. I played Sunday shooting a 90ish.I played after pulling an all nighter but did manage a KP, but no birdies. My putting was by far not as sharp as it was a day ago.

Congrats Sportsfan on your ace.  You know though it didn't really happen because there was no one there to see it ;)  Frustrating too about the back nine, if I had a dollar for every time I've done that myself...

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Congrats on the ace! You'll have a great story for years to come.

I don't have much experience with it, but if I remember correctly, I couldn't keep my head in the game after my ace.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

Another bad round going on right now 6 over on the back, with 3 to go

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I think I need to put the clubs away until next spring, I simple cannot play golf I absolutely suck I cannot hit anything, except bad shot after bad shot

After a week of work that consisted of trips to LA, Las Vegas, Miami and the Bahamas I was not sure what to expect when I went out this morning.  Made eagle on the par 5 first hole and held on from there to finish the front at even par.  Had an up and down back nine with 3 birdies 3 bogies and 3 pars to finish the day at level.  Got the Hogans back this week while I was on the road and could not wait to get them back in the bag.  Once I get through September I think the clubs are going to go into hibernation for the winter due to travel and work schedule.

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

79 and 77 on Sunday, solid but managed to make three 7's in two rounds. A quad, a treble and a double. Couple of lost balls being to aggressive and an unfortunate incident involving a bunker rebound on to my chest (oops).

Shame as I was 2 shots off third and 4 off second. Still compared with 6 weeks ago it's a huge improvement.

• Like 3

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

I think I need to put the clubs away until next spring, I simple cannot play golf I absolutely suck I cannot hit anything, except bad shot after bad shot

It will get better, it always does. :). But then it will get worse again.

• Like 2

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Keep your chin up and keep swinging (just not at the same time!)

I just came off a dozen or so rounds where I regularly hit 15-20 over my handicap. It's painful, but it is temporary.

• Like 3

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

Another day filled with lost balls 5 in hazard or OB, but worked the ball much better today that the other day. lost my second full sleeve of Snell My Tours in as many round since receiving my new batch.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

If you expect a bad shot after bad shot, that's what you will get.  Don't put so much pressure on yourself to hit a good shot, but always think you are going to hit a good shot; even if it isn't, still keep thinking it.

Remember, we attract to ourselves whatever we give our attention, focus, and energy.  If you have negative thoughts, bad things happen; positive thoughts bring about what we are focusing on.  

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Congrats Sp0rtsfan! It's a wonderful feeling to get the First one.

I got to play Saturday, before going camping for the weekend. I shot a wonderful 41/50=91....:(

The front nine was Solid....but the back nine played slower and I was fighting my lower back, as it stiffened up after 9 holes.....front nine had a Birdie on 145 Par 3 and a chip in Par from off the back of the Green on the Par 4 #9.

• Like 2

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Today was round put 9 new clubs in the bad and changed the grip on my putter. The new wedges are solid and performed well. The new irons new some new shafts and the putter grip is gonna take some getting used to. I made 4 doubles and shot 82.

• Like 2

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

I feel the same way when I'm playing bad too. I wasn't playing my best yesterday and basically told my brother that I quit and I hate golf. Guess where I was today? 79 today with 9 gir and 6 fairways. Played back 9 first and went 42 but shot 37 on the front. No birdies all pars and 1 bogey on the front and a triple on 13. It happens. Keep plugging along.....

I still feel my irons are closing on impact (and not by me). I hit more than a few shots today where I was aiming right of target and the ball too off straight left. If I line my iron head to where I want to start, take a practice swing and put the the head behind the ball it is closed. No idea why. My grips loose? Shaft loose? Technique? I have no clue but it seems to be getting worse.

• Like 1

DRIVER:                  :mizuno-small:  ST190, 10.5*, Fujikura  Atmos Black Tour Spec 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, midsize

HYBRIDS:    :adams-small:    Pro  2 hybrid 16*, Aldila Tour Red 75g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip 

:mizuno-small:           JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip                                  

IRONS:            :cobra-small:    King Forged Tour 4i-pw, KBS FLT, shafts, stiff,  Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

WEDGES:        rsz_scor-golf-logo.png        50, 55, 60 degree wedges with Genius 12 stiff flex,   Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

PUTTER:       :odyssey-small:    O-Works Marksman 33.5", Superstroke 1.0 Flatso grip w/ 50g counter core

BALL:          :bridgestone-small: Tour B X                                                     

BAG:          :Ogio:              Cirrus Golf Bag 

Shoes:              Skechers                  Hexgo Control  Shoes

Biggest issue right now is that I don't have any idea where anything is going, also known as army golf, I manged an 84, despite having 3 doubles on the back nine. I do t feel like I am playing poorly, but nothing is on, I'm not sttiking anything badly but as I said, I don't know which direction it's going its golf I guess, just wish I could be more consistent

• Like 2

Biggest issue right now is that I don't have any idea where anything is going, also known as army golf, I manged an 84, despite having 3 doubles on the back nine. I do t feel like I am playing poorly, but nothing is on, I'm not sttiking anything badly but as I said, I don't know which direction it's going its golf I guess, just wish I could be more consistent

Sounds like you scrambled pretty well except for those three holes, so that's positive.  If you can't trust your swing to put the ball where you think it should go, then it might be time to fly in your swing coach.  #TourSauce   :)

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”