TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Course was in good shape. Front 9 pretty much winds along the bay and the back 9 is more inland along the marshes with more trees. There was a good breeze on the front 9 so it wasn't too hot. Got a lot hotter and less breezy on the back 9. We teed off at noon though.

Greens were in good shape just pretty slow but I'm use to greens that run around 12. Should've hit the putting green instead of the range beforehand.

Nice. We go off at 11am tomorrow. Looking forward to posting a good round on here tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:taylormade-small: R15 10.5 aldila Rogue Silver 60S
:callaway-logo-1: XR 16 3W
:mizuno-small: JPX 825 3H 19°
:taylormade-small: RSi1 irons 4-AW
:callaway-logo-1: MD3 54°
:mizuno-small:  S5 58°
:cameron-small:  X7M

Interesting round today.  I played by myself at a course I've never played and there was a 2some in carts ahead of me (which became a 4some on the back 9) so it gave me a chance to hit 2-3 balls per hole.  A lot of fun and got to try the same shot a few different ways.  I was hoping nobody would catch up with me and there was never anyone behind me.

All in all shot pretty well (for me anyway) with an 80...

Also got to really try my new TomTom2 golfer watch.  It is FANTASTIC on a course you've never played.  Can't wait to post my Stage 2.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Brutally poor 80 today. Hard to get anything going when it is a week plus between hitting a ball. Only highlight was a chip in birdie on 18 to win the back and halve the match.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

The Unlimited Hydroplanes are in town this weekend racing on the Columbia River.  The golf course was empty compared to most Saturdays, and my wife and I cruised around by ourselves for a change.  I had my best front nine ever at my course; two birdies and one bogey for -1.  However, I managed to screw it up on the back with a +7 for a decent score of 78.  Highlight was a 5H approach shot out of the rough uphill from 155 into the wind with a downhill/sidehill lie; ended up 4 feet behind the hole.  Temp is only 97; good day to be down by the river watching the boat races, but the crowds tend to be a little unruly.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Me too Kenny. I shot a 36/45...81 today with one birdie on the front. I felt like I totally screwed up on the back nine though.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Awful round today. Nothing went my way. Shot 79 and didn't make a single putt. Hell I missed 2 short ones.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Awful round today. Nothing went my way. Shot 79 and didn't make a single putt. Hell I missed 2 short ones.

I feel your pain. Starting to realize I can't play once a week, not touch a club and be decent at this game.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

79 today...blew up on 17 and made double and once again had 32+ putts. Had 5 birdie putts on back inside of 15 feet and only made one...just too many putts.

Knoxville, TN. 6HDCP, Cally XR16 Driver, G25 3 wood, burner Rescue. Ping I E1 irons, Vokey SM5 52,56,60 & 2ball odyssey putter

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Played a round yesterday and based in the addition put up a 109 on a tougher course I've never played. But the back 9 I struck the ball as well as I ever have. So a horrid score with some bright points mixed in.

I feel your pain. Starting to realize I can't play once a week, not touch a club and be decent at this game.

Yea if I got to play 3-4 times per week I feel like I could be pretty far +. No such luck though. I really have to make some sort of practice routine. Even if it's only putting every night for 10 min. This is such a frustrating game.

Sent from my LG-AS990 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yea if I got to play 3-4 times per week I feel like I could be pretty far +. No such luck though. I really have to make some sort of practice routine. Even if it's only putting every night for 10 min. This is such a frustrating game.

This year between injuring my elbow and living on airplanes practice is non-existent. At this rate I will be a 5 in a month.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

This year between injuring my elbow and living on airplanes practice is non-existent. At this rate I will be a 5 in a month.

There is no doubt, you have better excuses for lack of practice than I do. Haha I don't travel near that much.

Played a lot this past few weeks testing out the new XR16 and trying to get my scores down. I've basically been aorund 90 mark for the last two or three months, constantly hitting 93-94 but tossing in occasional 89 to make me very frustrated. My personal life has been a bit of a wreck so I'm wondering if that's why I haven't played well as of late.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Played a round yesterday and based in the addition put up a 109 on a tougher course I've never played. But the back 9 I struck the ball as well as I ever have. So a horrid score with some bright points mixed in.

It's a tough track. How did you like it?

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Honestly I didn't think it was that tough except for a few holes where it was like 200+ carry to the fairway. I just hit lots of awful shots. The greens were slow and I didn't think they were that challenging with undulations.

Honestly I didn't think it was that tough except for a few holes where it was like 200+ carry to the fairway. I just hit lots of awful shots. The greens were slow and I didn't think they were that challenging with undulations.

I couldn't adjust to the slow greens. Was it windy?

I couldn't adjust to the slow greens. Was it windy?

Not really. There was one hole on the front where wind was a factor though. I watched my ball just keep getting blown left haha

Played in the morning which isn't usually great for me. Conditions were as good as they get this time of year here, but I played my usual morning rubbish.

5 over after the first 4, 6 over for the rest. Had 3 very soft doubles, all the result of poor concentration and decision making. Also missed a tap in through poor concentration.

Get to try and improve my morning play next week with another early start.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

What a tale of two rounds for me this weekend. Yesterday had some terrible swings and anything that can go wrong did. Today I could do no wrong. Had reasonable birdie putts on 7 holes on the front nine. The two that I didn't I holed a bunker shot for par and made a 35 footer to save par. Made 4 of the 7 putts to shoot -4 33. Got in 5 holes on the back before the rains came and managed four pars and a kick in birdie for -5 through 14. Drove it great today and that seemed to make a huge difference.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Great day today Really. Church was wonderful this morning good attendance for summer (new AC system helps.) went to hit balls and instead played 9 on an empty course and shot 1 under 35 two birdies one bogey and one par on a par 5 that frothed me but oh well.

Now I'm watching golf, got in my easy chair just as the last group was teeing off.

The guys who have played with me will be shocked to learn that I'm hitting my drives with a ripple of fade. It's what my teacher wanted me to be able to do and while I will go back to the draw When it dries out I carry the fade farther which is great in the wet. Its point and shoot with the driver right Now. I can actually cut the fairway in thirds at this point.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

@Jmikecpa you must have gotten the good karma going for us bc I did something similar.

Great round fo me today after yesterday's $hit show. Showed up just before the tee time and walked right out and played without so much as a warm up. 8 fairways, 16 greens and while I didn't putt well, no 3 putts. Hell both missed GIR were on the fringe. We did have a 30 min rain delay on 11 and I finished the last 3 holes in a solid rain. So I guess I sorta got lucky with the weather not being too bad with lightning. Finished up by rolling in around an 80 footer on 18 for 67!

I did have a first today. Hit a 65 yard wedge shot into the par 5 5th and it hit the stick, went in the hole and kicked out to 5 feet. Literally dunked it, it touched the bottom of cup, said "no thanks" and kicked out. I would've been so pissed if I had missed the 5 footer for birdie haha.

Today was an experimental day. I replaced my 4 & 5 irons with hybrids. Plus, I replaced my Cobra King LTD driver with my Powerbilt AFO that I won 1 1/2 years ago. After a couple holes I started striping it with my drives all over 200. The flight was lower (10.5) than the Cobra (set at 12*). As such, I only got to hit the 5 hybrid once and the 4 hybrid was used to drive #5, #10 and #17. This experiment was a washout as I can hit my 4 iron better. So now I have a bit of a dilemma .....do I go back to the Cobra King or do I forge ahead with the Powerbilt? Note that the Powerbilt drives today were about 5 to 10 yards longer. I have all week to think about it.....so I shot a 42/44...86 today, having skulled two chips....ugh!......BTW, I played the Kick X Tour ball today.......terrific feel, especially on wedge shots.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Great weather today; only 91* which is rather unusual for the last weekend in July.  It's almost always over 100* and tens of thousands of people flock to the river to watch the Unlimited Hydroplanes at the Columbia Cup.

Sunday Follies002.jpg

That means the golf course is empty.  After yesterday's 36/42 = 78, I followed it up with a 42/38 = 80.  If I could just get the low nines to be on the same day!!  Nothing spectacular; no birdies, no double bogeys or worse.  I have a feeling my GHIN will be going down tomorrow.   :)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Great pics Kenny

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played a horrible front 9 and found myself 6 down after 9 holes, yes that's 6 holes lost in 9 holes, I could not keep a ball in play from the tee on what seemed like any hole, I did manage to take the round all the to the 15th hole before losing. So my miss was a hook to the right, so I would hit the ball right on one hole then farther right on the next and then even farther right the next you get the picture, after my match was done I played out the last couple holes, and I figured it out, and hit 3 perfect drives, finished par birdie par, so hopefully going forward I can keep up the better ball striking.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Played last two days. Yesterday a slog of 95. Today was a 91, but a brutal last hole doomed me. I finally got over a girl that I had dated awhile back and put that to rest. Finally I could focus on my game rather than "anything but her". On the first hole I skinned a bunker shot that went into a bush never to be seen again. After a nice recovery through the 7-8 I ended up dunking a 7 iron into the drink on 9 for a 48. Went on a pretty solid tear on the back part of course. Hit a 15 foot par putt dead center, got up and down on a par 3. Highlight was par 5 that's given me fits playing dead into the wind. Here's how it went Driver (snap hook left into hardpan, a 3 wood i hit 50 yards forward somehow smashing the forehead of the ball in, a 200 yard 3 wood that probably rose a foot off the ground, and a 60° wedge that nearly holed out, settling a foot from the pin. 

On 18 it all came to naught, hit a great drive into the wind, leaving myself 148 into a 20 mph wind. Hit a 7 iron (somehow double hitting it) before the water, hit 58° with a slight push and 3 putted while someone waited behind me. 

On plus side, the 3 wood off the tee is a beast and I'm really hitting the driver well. Including the new Callaways.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Played 36 yesterday after my 24 hour work shift on no sleep. Shot 85 from the blues in the morning followed by 82 from the whites in the afternoon. Best 9 was the back 9 of the afternoon round with 39 (2 over).

For some reason, I'm not hitting my irons or wedges solid. Hitting a lot of thin shots. It's driving me crazy.

Played 36 yesterday after my 24 hour work shift on no sleep. Shot 85 from the blues in the morning followed by 82 from the whites in the afternoon. Best 9 was the back 9 of the afternoon round with 39 (2 over).

For some reason, I'm not hitting my irons or wedges solid. Hitting a lot of thin shots. It's driving me crazy.

Lack of sleep?  :D

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

@Jmikecpa you must have gotten the good karma going for us bc I did something similar.

Great round fo me today after yesterday's $hit show. Showed up just before the tee time and walked right out and played without so much as a warm up. 8 fairways, 16 greens and while I didn't putt well, no 3 putts. Hell both missed GIR were on the fringe. We did have a 30 min rain delay on 11 and I finished the last 3 holes in a solid rain. So I guess I sorta got lucky with the weather not being too bad with lightning. Finished up by rolling in around an 80 footer on 18 for 67!

I did have a first today. Hit a 65 yard wedge shot into the par 5 5th and it hit the stick, went in the hole and kicked out to 5 feet. Literally dunked it, it touched the bottom of cup, said "no thanks" and kicked out. I would've been so pissed if I had missed the 5 footer for birdie haha.

Glad I could get it going for us.  Hoping it holds up for me moving forward; yesterday was the first round in a long time that I actually hit it well and consistently.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond