MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Had 9 hole leauge tonight. Was a little frustrating at the end. Shot a 43 one over my handicap for league. The par 5 7th hole got me again. Hit the middle of the fairway just over 200 out tried a little draw to the green left it out but still in good shape in front of the bunker, then chunk in blade over 3 after the chip back for an 8. The driver was on hit 4 fairways, two of the three misses were really misses one cut the corner the other was in another fairway 75 yards from the pin easy pitch to green. Could not get an iron close. Even shanked my tee shot on par 3 2nd dead shank. I blame the post currently in ciculation on this site. So 5 over on shank hole and chunked chip hole. Played well other than that.

• Like 2

Played Saturday and starting to see the course fill up a bit more as we approach the winter season. I shot a 42 on the front, which is about average. I was not exactly scoring well early but on the last few holes I started to get it together. Then the back 9 bit back hard as I had 3 of the first 4 holes go for 6's. Battled back late but 3 putted for an 86.

My game is pretty good right now, just wish I had more time to play, most courses are morning only during the week and weekends, so it's tough when your on a night schedule.

My game is in the dumps.  Played last weekend and my front 9 was OK, back nine the wheels fell off.  I have noticed (finally) that when I hit a few bad shots, my concentration goes out the window.  I don't aim at all, just hope the balls goes in the general direction it needs too...my issue is 75% mental and 25% because I am stupid. 

• Like 2

My game is in the dumps.  Played last weekend and my front 9 was OK, back nine the wheels fell off.  I have noticed (finally) that when I hit a few bad shots, my concentration goes out the window.  I don't aim at all, just hope the balls goes in the general direction it needs too...my issue is 75% mental and 25% because I am stupid.

I can easily resemble that remark. Hang in there.

• Like 2

Played Sunday for my birthday. First time since the baby was born that I had a chance to actually pick up the sticks and do damage. Played a short 9 hole course. Very short. 3 par 4's and 6 par 3's. All said and done, I shot 9 over. Not by any means a stellar outing.

Tempo is way off. Really have to slow back down and concentrate on grip and turning my torso as opposed to my arms. Had a few shots that made me remember what I enjoy about playing. 

The course, on the other hand, was the WORST time I have ever spent attempting to play golf. I didnt think it was the proper place here to vent, so I will see if there is another place it should go. 

• Like 2

Foz, this is the key to playing well while taking oxy or other opiates:  swallow them with either screwdrivers or bloody Marys. Then clear your head with a strong cup of coffee. Skip the cream and sugar in favor of Sambuca.

That will help you play relaxed. A bonus is that even if you play badly, you won't care a whole lot. Just be careful driving the cart.

No need to thank me. I'm happy to share my personal experience.

This is hysterical! You still haven't told us what part of New England. I'm a native New Englander who misses his home, Connecticut Shoreline, from time to time.

I moved up to the blue tees today. Let's not think easy here, 6700 73.9 course rating 139 slope. Shot a very respectable 78. Played 9 more from my normal tees, a blend between the blues and whites and shot 37 with a choking dog bogey on the last hole. My game is starting to come around.

• Like 3

Played a 9ner tonight. Sun goes down earlier now so no way to do an 18 before. Shot my lowest 9 hole score of even par 36. Bogey on 1 and 9 and birdies on 3 and 5. 4 of 7 fairways and 7 greens. The i20's with the s300 shafts are really helping my iron game. Even thinking about keeping the wedges that came with the set.

• Like 3

I'd think that it was the end of the world if I saw a forecast with zero percent rain.  I actually was getting 3 or 4 feet of run out on my drives yesterday so it's starting to dry out.

That's because you sent everything our way!  Thanks a lot..... I think we've had one or two days without drenching precipitation in the last 6 weeks.  TPC Valley is a swamp and the Web.com Tour Championship starts next week.  Looks like that spinning low pressure system off the coast is going to keep sending things our way!  

Clearly you are getting what we had from late June through the beginning of September.  I see that you are getting hammered again today.  In a normal summer we'll have one more good round of this stuff before we end up with our fall pattern. 

Why don't you come on down - we're playing Bayou at 2:30 on Sunday - love to have you.

Played by myself today...on vacation. I shot 75. It could have been at least 4 strokes better, but.... I can't putt! It's just amazing to me how many putts at 4-5 feet I just push right.

• Like 1

Because of the rain, we were only able to get in nine holes......shot a 43 at Shipyard-Galleon.....Still pulling the paderson.....next adjustment is to go to 11.5* on club face.

Returning to Shipyard tomorrow. They have Diamond Zoysia grass on the greens....no grain, very smooth......awesome roll.

Has anyone else played on Diamond Zoysia!

• Like 1

Are you pulling the driver, or are you hitting it with draw spin to the left. have you tried to go 1 or 2 degrees flat to see if that helps,

Are you pulling the driver, or are you hitting it with draw spin to the left. have you tried to go 1 or 2 degrees flat to see if that helps,

It's a pull. I increased the lift to 11.5* and adjusted m setup. I setup then made a slight turn of the grip to open the face. That seemed to work today.

I shot a 45/43=88 today at Shipyard. My approach shots were mostly short of the greens. Three of the par 3's my tee shot wax about 3 feet short of the green. Guess I needed one more club.

I played a Maxfli U3 all week. I was able to move them around with my irons.

Putting was amazing on the Diamond Zoysia greens. Shipyard is the only club with this grass on the greens. There is no grain and very little ball marks. The Pro said it was great for greens and tees in shady areas.

• Like 1

I shot in the 70's two days in a row... pretty happy with that. 76 today, from the blue tees. I usually play from the whites, but there was no one behind me, so...........

The driver has been kind of erratic and I'm pulling my irons left for some reason, but was able to get up and down enough to save the rounds. I hope those two areas straighten up...literally, pretty soon...lol.

• Like 4

We had rain for most of the week, and it was wet and rainy and drizzly today with steady wind, pretty much the same weather they played in at east lake today, shot 86, 41/45, should have been better, but it wasn't. I didn't pay the Snell today, knowing that the weather would cause problems, I didn't want to lose them when playing in the crappy weather

81 yesterday with the Ping Wedges. Jinxed myself in another thread and said I don't hit many bunkers but I hit quite a few today. I actually holed out of a bunker on #6 - Never did that before. My front 9 was bad for me with a 42 shot 39 on the back only 1 bird. Today's another day though and I'm taking the Scor wedges with me today. Need to decide which wedges I'm keeping since I ordered new grips for all my clubs and want to figure out which wedges get redone.

Played a for man scramble today. Our group came in at 10 under, not too bad for us. Personally I played okay but had a couple pretty bad hard pulls to the left. Won one of the long drives with a low draw that cleared a hill, ran down into a valley and back up the other side a little. Only 93 yards to the pin on a short par five.

• Like 3

Was 2 over in the middle of the fairway on nine when the heavens opened up. I put on a short game clinic today.

As a side note my playing partner won a Cleveland black 12 degree driver worthless for his higher tha high launch high spin ball flight. Intriguing for me. Traded the 58 degree Renegar that I hadn't sent back and an Adams hybrid for it. We will see but a had a couple on the range and the one on nine that were out of the park.

I don't like the close club face but had two years with a Mizuno Driver that I hated and it worked.

• Like 1

Was worse today with the Scor wedges than the pings. Shot a terrible 84 and I say that because in my last 20 rounds, it's my second worst score. Looks like the scor wedges are going to go up on ebay.

Was 2 over in the middle of the fairway on nine when the heavens opened up. I put on a short game clinic today.

As a side note my playing partner won a Cleveland black 12 degree driver worthless for his higher tha high launch high spin ball flight. Intriguing for me. Traded the 58 degree Renegar that I hadn't sent back and an Adams hybrid for it. We will see but a had a couple on the range and the one on nine that were out of the park.

I don't like the close club face but had two years with a Mizuno Driver that I hated and it worked.

Looking at this post I have to confess to having a couple of scotches trying to wait the rain out. :). I have IPad issues but this is over the top.