Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Today sucked... yesterday's snow melted, but it barely hit 40* and was very windy again.

I just couldn't settle down and relax - ended up drowning 2 balls and scoring 42/45:87.

My buddy had a much worse day - nothing went right for him, and he landed at a big 106...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My wife and I played yesterday with another couple that we play with often.  A cool 50* but no wind; it did rain the last 5 holes.  I shot 43/37 for an 80.  I should have been MUCH better.  I lipped out 5 putts; 3 for birdie and 2 for par.  I played my MacGregor irons and I have never hit them better.  I don't move the ball either way very much on purpose, but on #18, I hit a nice low 4i draw under a tree at the dogleg par 5 with bunker and water tight on the right.  I'm close to my first sub-80 round of the year.

I'm on a roll.  My game is starting to warm up, as is the weather.  It was 60* today with only a 10 mph wind.  I was +2 on the front nine due to a double on #9.  Then I was +1 on the back nine with a double on #18.  A very nice 75.

My score was the result of decent drives, good irons, and 6 of 7 up 'n downs.  "Everyone likes a good up 'n down."  I hope this scoring continues; game tomorrow walking with the guys tomorrow.

Edit:  My wife and I played behind the last group of a 2-man scramble.  We have 5 par 3's on our course.  I checked the KP's when we played each one, and my wife and would have won 4 of them!!  And they weren't even close!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Today sucked... yesterday's snow melted, but it barely hit 40* and was very windy again.

I just couldn't settle down and relax - ended up drowning 2 balls and scoring 42/45:87.

My buddy had a much worse day - nothing went right for him, and he landed at a big 106...

Ouch. But... Bad day golf 'mo bettah good work....

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I played in and won the Putt putt tournament on the cruise ship I was on. Not really actual golf, but it still counts. I played the course there 35 times and knew all the shortcuts and bank shots. If only I could apply that dedication to my own golf game

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Late post: 3/11/17

40 degrees, overcast, drizzling but blessedly calm when we tee off @8:50am. I am quickly realizing the odd equilibrium and vision (dizzy and can't see straight) issues I've been experiencing all morning are indicative of a mild concussion (long story) from an incident the day prior and wondering if I have any business trying to hit a golf ball. Struggling to just remain upright but proceed to knock it _stupid close_ the first 4 holes. Only manage (-2) through that stretch because every time I bend over a putt, things get really weird. Made a couple sloppy bogies over the next few and turn at even. Feeling much more myself by the turn and settle into fairway/green/tap-in par golf. Coming into #16, a birdie hole, (-1) for the day and feeling good about my chances of earning a cigarette. Let me explain, I enjoy Nat Sherman MCD cigarettes, but I only allow myself one, and that's only after a legit putt 'em out 18 hole, under par round. Remark to my playing partner how conducive the current dreary weather is to enjoying that Nat Sherman, start thinking ahead, make a nauseating bogie on #16. Press the matter on #18 and make another bogie. Finish (+1) 73; no cigarette for me. Moral of the story, even when you don't step onto the 1st tee with your best stuff, keeping it simple (or very very dumb in my case) and staying in the moment, consistently pays the bills.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

So that's what they mean when they say "close, but no cigar" ;)

Touche' Sir. How did I miss that one? Must be the concussion :blink:

Maxfli___'23 Tour X

I played like absolute garbage and PGA West kicked my @ss. But it was an awesome experience. I can't complain at all. I haven't played a course that the pros play on and it opened my eyes a little more to how good they really are. I found myself in a lot of trouble far too often.

IMG_0576.JPGIMG_0570.JPGIMG_0567.JPGIMG_0572.JPG

Driver:  :ping-small: G30 9*

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X-Forged 3-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 52*

:ping-small:  Glide 58*

Putter:   :taylormade-small: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

I played like absolute garbage and PGA West kicked my @ss. But it was an awesome experience. I can't complain at all. I haven't played a course that the pros play on and it opened my eyes a little more to how good they really are. I found myself in a lot of trouble far too often.

attachicon.gifIMG_0576.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0570.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0567.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0572.JPG

I was also in Palm springs last weekend. Actualyl played the La quinta mountain course. I thought PGA west was better. I've played twice now two or three weeks running. Two weeks ago I barely if I did break 100. After the last few days I'm back to playing near upper 80's at least I think. ( Didn't get a chance to finish 18 this week due to darkness and something else.)

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I was also in Palm springs last weekend. Actualyl played the La quinta mountain course. I thought PGA west was better. I've played twice now two or three weeks running. Two weeks ago I barely if I did break 100. After the last few days I'm back to playing near upper 80's at least I think. ( Didn't get a chance to finish 18 this week due to darkness and something else.)

I didn't particularly care for the Mountain course.  The Stadium and Nicklaus courses were much better.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It's been too cold to play all week, then hits mid 60's today... had to get out this afternoon.

Warmer air, grounds guys mowing, pins getting moved - makes for a vast improvement over our normal "winter golf".

I actually kept myself halfway under control and shot 38/40:78 which included 1 tee shot that drowned.

Trending toward good scores this season! ;)

We had an early tee time this morning. Not a good call, since it was 45* and windy. By the time we finished, it was 65* and no wind...

I ended up at 82, and felt pretty good about that - the guys I played with shot 97 and 115!

We had wind too today.  It started out calm and 54* but by the 7th hole the wind had picked up to 20-25 with gusts to 40.  It did warm up to 65* and I played in shirt sleeves.  

A nothing special 84 with a couple of birdies, one a chip-in and the other on the par 5 #9 hole that I doubled last weekend.  Sweet revenge!  The wind was worse on the back nine and had a string on 6 bogeys in a row.  I parred #18 so I finished well.

The forecast for tomorrow is NO wind.  We'll see if they got it right this time.

Had a good first non-winter golf round this year, and more importantly the weather was great! Shot 74 at Wellshire in Denver, a course that normally gives me fits. I didn't play great from tee to green but had some nice up and downs and sank some long putts to keep the round going.

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9° w/ GD Tour AD DI-6X

3wd: TaylorMade SIM 15° w/ GD Tour AD DI-7S

2h: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 17° w/ Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

4h: Callaway XR Pro 23 w/ Project X LZ 6.0

5i - PW: Callaway Apex Pro

Wedges: Callaway MD3 50°, Titleist SM8 54° and 58°

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

We had wind too today.  It started out calm and 54* but by the 7th hole the wind had picked up to 20-25 with gusts to 40.  It did warm up to 65* and I played in shirt sleeves.  

A nothing special 84 with a couple of birdies, one a chip-in and the other on the par 5 #9 hole that I doubled last weekend.  Sweet revenge!  The wind was worse on the back nine and had a string on 6 bogeys in a row.  I parred #18 so I finished well.

The forecast for tomorrow is NO wind.  We'll see if they got it right this time.

Today was an absolutely beautiful spring day.  A little cool to start the round, but warmed up to 54*, sunny with only a slight breeze.  My wife and I were paired with two 20-somethings; high swing speeds, one with a "power fade" (read slice) and the other with a vicious hook.  They should have been in different carts!!  I'm pretty sure they shot close to 100.  My wife shot 87.  I know that frustrated them!  

I started slow; +6 on the front nine with two doubles, but I was even par on the back nine for a 78.  My putter saved a bunch of shots today; I made a 40 footer for birdie on #2 and many par saves and a birdie on the back.

My score could have been a better; it seems that there are always a few holes where I have what I call "throw-away shots".  For some reason a throw-away shot will happen after I hit a good drive, or it could happen when I am up by the green.  I need to eliminate those shots.

Switched over to watch a bit of golf while U.K. Was at the half and saw one of the pros doings what I did Sat and Sun......hit a chip shot landing on the seam and skidding the ball all the way across the green down the other side.......LMAO!

I shot a 92 on Sat then put my Cobra F6's back in the bag and shot an 86 today.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Switched over to watch a bit of golf while U.K. Was at the half and saw one of the pros doings what I did Sat and Sun......hit a chip shot landing on the seam and skidding the ball all the way across the green down the other side.......LMAO!

I shot a 92 on Sat then put my Cobra F6's back in the bag and shot an 86 today.

Did he shoot 92 too?   :)

Finally made it out 11 days after surgery. I played with a guy who was given 0 percent chance to live 10 years ago. (Advanced and agressive leukemia) He tried a stem cell transplant and lots of prayer. Obviuosly the quality of our games was less important than playing together.

I shot 44-39 in 20 mph wind, the coast is windier than inland and you saw what happened to the scores at Bayhill. Once I got my legs under me I did well. My friend shot an 86. We were seminary classmates. Both of us were 5s then.

Successful day, no heart issues. I'm going to try it again Tuesday and then next Sunday with a group of MGspers.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wow... Congrats and big virtual Hi 5 to both you and your buddy .. awesome and inspiring, Rev .. thanks

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Finally made it out 11 days after surgery. I played with a guy who was given 0 percent chance to live 10 years ago. (Advanced and agressive leukemia) He tried a stem cell transplant and lots of prayer. Obviuosly the quality of our games was less important than playing together.

I shot 44-39 in 20 mph wind, the coast is windier than inland and you saw what happened to the scores at Bayhill. Once I got my legs under me I did well. My friend shot an 86. We were seminary classmates. Both of us were 5s then.

Successful day, no heart issues. I'm going to try it again Tuesday and then next Sunday with a group of MGspers.

Nice round Rev, and any round after having a 0% chance to live is pretty awesome!  I'm glad both of you are able to play again.

Nice round RevKev! Hope your feeling OK.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Atta boy, Rev! A valuable reminder the scorecard only records a small portion of the day. I'm guessing if you guys kept a perspective gained stat that round ranks as one the best for you both.

Maxfli___'23 Tour X

Atta boy, Rev! A valuable reminder the scorecard only records a small portion of the day. I'm guessing if you guys kept a perspective gained stat that round ranks as one the best for you both.

Yes indeed we both laughed about rounds played together when we would argue about what putts to give or tees to play or rules.

There was a time for that but at this stage hitting the ball, having a beer and recalling the old days is just about right for us.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I played with a buddy today, about an hour from home on a course we never played.

It was warm and sunny - near 80* and the course is a links-style course that we both really enjoyed. I shot a 41/41:82.

Then the fun began. On the highway heading home, we were rear-ended by a semi truck. Stopped due to a wreck 1/2 mile up the road, and the truck couldn't stop. Total loss on the car, another car, and the semi, but no damage to any of us, and our clubs were ok too! Just had to shake some glass out of my bag...

Worked as Ranger this morning, then played this afternoon with my regular buds......none of us shot well, I had a 47/42:89 today. The others shot 88 & 90. Bad day score wise, great day weather wise.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Not my ball. Fairway trap off the tee on a par 5 to boot!

Shot 39-39 78. Two three putts on the back hurt me. Win a 30 dollar skin. And best of all my heart rate was 68 coming off of 18!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Haven't been able to play yet (too cold) however I saw the landscaping crew out - so play is imminent

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Beautiful day out with temps in the 80's and I'm stinking up the joint.  I shot 88 today however it felt like 108.    Dayuuuuummmmm    I suck at this game however it beats a nursing home... :wacko: 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)