TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Good front; poor back.  38-44.  Lost control of the driver on the back and I was punching out quite a bit.  The good news is I had some good results with the short game.  To avoid deceling I worked on making every follow through full.  Was actually a good feeling and as a result my chips and short pitches were getting to and even past the hole.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Shot 42-37 79 today. The best part is that it was 87 when we teed off and I had no heart issues at all, well other than with a couple of curious swings along the way like the lay sod over it gap wedge from 107 on 10. Ughhhh

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Finally (ahh!!!) had the season opener! No rain, no snow no sleet no freezing rain no misting rain, no 30+ mph winds ... mild temps plus that yellow orb in the sky shining brightly .. been so long since we've last seen it, I forget it's name...

Ha, anyway, played 7 at a 9-Hole short course at a VA that I volunteer at so I can go out for free. Would be an easy Par 3 for a lot of you guys, but I enjoy it.

There were groups on #1 and also just starting, no one on the #2 green and you pass by the #3 tee on the way to #1 so I just tee'ed up and went.

#3 is an almost 90 degree dogleg right with a few really tall oaks guarding the corner. Took out a new 5i and first strike with it was very solid (ok! I.like this club!) but not what I was hoping to produce .. got a nice draw on it with good height and carry, but .. draw is the wrong way here (for a right-handed player). Tee'ed up a second ball, opened the face a smidge, swing and .. no: is it? .. yes: it is! .. a fade clearing the trees and turning and going through the dogleg and landing on the right side of the fairway near the 150 marker .. whoo-hoo! (ok!! I really like this club!!)

And I'm also starting to think: wow could _this_ be the year that I finally start to learn to play this game??!!??

Had a much better than usual round with some decent tee shots and second shots, a decent bunker shot (only one of the day and an acceptable outcome; didn't quite make the.putt, though, for the save), a few ok and a few not ok wedges and some good putting.

I bought an ER3 off a member through the MGS Classifieds and I think this baby is going to help me. Distance control seemed good (mostly) and I felt like I was starting putts on my intended line pretty well, too.

Anyway, continued playing two balls (a few times hit a third, too) so does that count as having played 14?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

It was a beautiful sunny 61 degree day today except for the 20-25 mph winds with gusts to 35.  My tempo sucks in the wind!  Didn't used to, but it does now.  Shot a blistering 85.  The good news is that my new Cleveland belly putter cut to 32" is still working.  I just need to give it some better chances.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

39 + 45 = 84 today and I threw away a boat load of points in my blitz. Still picked up $17.50 for 2nd place tie. 🏌️

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Pulled 36 points yesterday in the Central Georgia Seniors blitz, good enough for second in my flight.  We played Healy Point from the senior tees.  I had 4 birdies, 2 doubles and 4 bogies.  Both doubles were caused by pushed tee shots, drat!   I won one close up on a par 3 at 4 feet and amazingly missed the bird there, lol.  That's golf.  

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST MaxRogue ST Max 3, 5 & 7 Wooda 
Irons -      Rogue ST MAX OS  5 - AW
Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*  

Putter -    ER2
Rangefinder -  NX9 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Soft Drip

Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

It was nice out today, close to 70. But of course, high gusty winds... and I had no driver on the back 9 for some reason.

Still struggling with these Ping wedges too - just can't get comfortable with them...

43/48:91 ...sad

It was a perfect day for golf here in MO, mid 70s and sunny. Scrambled 18. Definitely need to work on my irons.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Day #1 is in the books for the Pebble Creek GC Spring Blitz......at the top of the Leader board is.......Me! At +5, I shot a 41/39:80 with 2 birdies. One held for a $40 Skin. Competition is pretty fierce as I only have a 1 point lead.....with 10 players within 5 points of the top.

Tomorrow we serve breakfast to all the players(40 players) before the 8 AM Shotgun start. Hopefully, I can persevere and finish at the top.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Day #1 is in the books for the Pebble Creek GC Spring Blitz......at the top of the Leader board is.......Me! At +5, I shot a 41/39:80 with 2 birdies. One held for a $40 Skin. Competition is pretty fierce as I only have a 1 point lead.....with 10 players within 5 points of the top.

Tomorrow we serve breakfast to all the players(40 players) before the 8 AM Shotgun start. Hopefully, I can persevere and finish at the top.

Good luck Foz!

Played in Georgia today at Goshen Plantation. Nice layout that was not in the set condition but still fun. Played with a rental set that was classic to say the least. Managed to shoot 77 from the blues. It was golf and I got to play, really happy about that.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

First round of 2017, had some new wedges and driver I wanted to try out. I have also been recovering from a knee injury, so haven't even swung a club in months.

It snowed up here yesterday (Canada for ya eh?) so the course was extremely wet. I played a short 9 hole course (measures 2800 from the back tees) and didn't get to hit driver on a lot of holes. However I was able to drive the ball fairly well all day and only hit one ball into water (to be fair, it was a giant puddle of standing water that isn't normally there, but was deep enough I wasn't going in). Putter was decent and chipping around the green I thought was good. 

My approach game was AWFUL. Hitting shots fat, thin, pulls. It was a battle, hit 3 approaches into water or trees around greens. I was really disappointed with this because it's something I am usually better at. Overall, a bad start, but it's a START. I got to play golf, and that's what the plan was anyway. I shot a 55.

After reading a lot of posts in this thread, it appears I might be the worst golfer on MGS. I deserve a trophy

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Played twice this week.Wednesday I was playing pretty well, just hit it to 12 foot on the 6th when I answered a call from my wife. I normally wouldn't answer while playing, but knew my wife wouldn't normally call when I was at golf. My daughter was on a school trip in Vietnam (tough life!) but had got sick and was in hospital on an IV. Needless to say my game went badly south after that. Good news is she was able to fly out on schedule later that night and has recovered fully.

Yesterday I was really struggling on the greens. They were very two paced, and I couldn't adjust. About to tee off on the 3rd (started on 10) 3 shots worse than handicap with 4 x 3 putts when the siren blew to call us off the course. Lightening and thunder made the clubhouse a good place to be.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

My wife and I played this morning and were joined by a kid who is a freshman on the golf team at a Class A school near Seattle.  His mom walked with him and said he is the best player on his team.  Nice kid.  Apparently, my course is holding the State playoffs next month, and he wanted to get a look at the course.  I'm not sure if he liked my commentary about how to play the holes, but I gave it to him anyway.  I think he shot around 80; I shot 83, just a string of bogeys.  It was quite cold and the wind was blowing 20mph steady.

We were also joined by a single 20-something that only started playing last year.  I thought he was going to be in for a long day, but he played pretty well; former hockey player.  I just wish he hadn't painted all of his clubs bright blue!!  Spray painted head and shaft!!  Every club in the bag!  Gawd awful!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My wife and I played this morning and were joined by a kid who is a freshman on the golf team at a Class A school near Seattle. His mom walked with him and said he is the best player on his team. Nice kid. Apparently, my course is holding the State playoffs next month, and he wanted to get a look at the course. I'm not sure if he liked my commentary about how to play the holes, but I gave it to him anyway. I think he shot around 80; I shot 83, just a string of bogeys. It was quite cold and the wind was blowing 20mph steady.

We were also joined by a single 20-something that only started playing last year. I thought he was going to be in for a long day, but he played pretty well; former hockey player. I just wish he hadn't painted all of his clubs bright blue!! Spray painted head and shaft!! Every club in the bag! Gawd awful!

That's what I like about playing with random folks - sometimes you meet really neat folks, sometimes not, but you always learn something (even if it's simply not to spray paint your clubs!)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LibertyBallMarkers

Didn't play poorly yesterday was just extremely windy. Can't complain about the round. It was a great April day.

This is how windy it was.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Day 2 of the Pebble Creek Spring Blitz.....I sucked! Had a 3 double 2 birdie 41/48 with 4 doubles......89. Dropped from 1st to tied for 4th....still not bad out of 40 golfers. Overall, we had a blast!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Played horrid yesterday in extremely windy conditions. Balls that were on line with where I was aiming ended up 20-30 yards left or right of intended destination. Then when I tried to play the wind it died off completely leaving me 20-30 yards left or right of intended destination :rolleyes:  :angry: . Wasn't a good day but I had a blast and will be out for 9-15 holes of fun after work this evening. 

Unfortunately could only squeeze one quick trip to the course in this weekend. Fortunately, shot a new personal best on the back 9. Wind was gusting 15-20mph, I seem to play better the worse the conditions are. I shot a 47, which leaves me 12 strokes down from where I started back in February.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Much better this evening, except 3 holes that wrecked my round. Double, triple and double...3 over the other 6.

Putting has been frustrating the last two weekends after a string of two 3 putts in 3 rounds, I had 6 this weekend in 27 holes. Think I'm rushing myself and pushing a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Lots of wind today; I am getting tired of it.  It affects my swing tempo and generally my whole game.  I don't score if I'm not putting well, and the wind makes that difficult.  Shot 44/39 = 83.  Nothing horrible, just a lot of "no up 'n downs".  The good news is that I got a lot of sand practice in today.   :blush:

I have two week cycles where I play really well for 2 weeks and bad for a week.

hugo-boss.jpgSilvermere-Custom-Fitting-PXG-140x140.pn

Epic Sub - Zero Driver
           Callaway XR16 - 3 Wood
          Callaway XR16 - 5 Hybrid
                     PXG 0311
             Titleist SM7 50, 55, 60
                Scotty Cameron

I have two week cycles where I play really well for 2 weeks and bad for a week.

Schedule your tournaments for the first two weeks?

First round of 2017....

(etc.)

After reading a lot of posts in this thread, it appears I might be the worst golfer on MGS. I deserve a trophy

Dude, don't ever put yourself down like that .. you got out and had fun, right?

I'm not a great player .. at all .. but I really enjoy and love the game, and try to make progress each time i can get out!

So welcome to the club of "aspiring" play-ahs!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Dude, don't ever put yourself down like that .. you got out and had fun, right?

I'm not a great player .. at all .. but I really enjoy and love the game, and try to make progress each time i can get out!

So welcome to the club of "aspiring" play-ahs!!!

As the one and only Roy McAvoy said "golf and sex are the only 2 things you don't need to be good at to enjoy"

:taylormade-small: R15 10.5 aldila Rogue Silver 60S
:callaway-logo-1: XR 16 3W
:mizuno-small: JPX 825 3H 19°
:taylormade-small: RSi1 irons 4-AW
:callaway-logo-1: MD3 54°
:mizuno-small:  S5 58°
:cameron-small:  X7M