TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played early 7:30 was a bit hot and humid but better than has been. Shot 38/41, 80. Sounds good but felt bad. Never hit driver over 210. Left shoulder is getting worse and going to see what Doc has to say about it. He's gyro be surprised since the appt is to take another look at my knee.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

With health care the way it is, my doctor won't take any more "Oh, by the way..." problems.  I have to make another appointment.   :(

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

With health care the way it is, my doctor won't take any more "Oh, by the way..." problems. I have to make another appointment. :(

He'll give me a ration of s$&t but probably roll me down the hall shoot a couple of X-rays and hopefully a shot of cortisone in my shoulder. Or send me up to the orthopedic Doc.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On Monday, the putter was 🔥 and today felt like I should've been wearing mits it was so darn cold. Lag putts going half the distance and so many times hitting the ground. Thankfully I was doing well off the tee.

Also did a big no-no and did a quick add up of what my score was going into 13. Didn't keep pace with what I was supposed to get

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

On Monday, the putter was and today felt like I should've been wearing mits it was so darn cold. Lag putts going half the distance and so many times hitting the ground. Thankfully I was doing well off the tee.

Also did a big no-no and did a quick add up of what my score was going into 13. Didn't keep pace with what I was supposed to get

Never, ever add up your score when your playing well and a few holes to go. It leads to brain freeze and 2-3 double bogies!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Never, ever add up your score when your playing well and a few holes to go. It leads to brain freeze and 2-3 double bogies!

Yep,had this happen a few times.Like the gambler says "never count your winnings at the table".I have had playing partners comment on the round I have going with 3-4 holes to play and went to crap even though I tried not to think score.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver :cobra-small: King F6 matrix White Tie shaft

3 Wood : :taylormade-small: Rocketballz 15* Matrix Ozik X-con5

5 wood :taylormade-small: Rocketballz 19* Matrix Ozik X-con5

Hybrid :taylormade-small: Burner 3H , :cobra-small: King F7 4-5 hybrid

Irons  6-PW :cobra-small:  King Cobra SZ

wedges  :cleveland-small: CG16 52*,56*

Putter :odyssey-small:  Sabertooth

Ball :srixon-small: Tour yellow Q Star or :callaway-small: Chrome Soft yellow/black Truvis

Yep,had this happen a few times.Like the gambler says "never count your winnings at the table".I have had playing partners comment on the round I have going with 3-4 holes to play and went to crap even though I tried not to think score.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Maybe tell them old basta*rds to shut the eff up until post round because it makes ya motor run hot.   Seriously maybe some pre round discussion of not wanting to know where you stand could calm the anxiety down.    

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

42 / 43 = 85 today.   Loss $1.00 as we were playing rabbit and only one leg was hanging at the end.   

Cleveland

42 / 43 = 85 today. Loss $1.00 as we were playing rabbit and only one leg was hanging at the end.

85 is a good morning!

Rick

Left Hand, 

85 is a good morning!

Especially if you saw how many shots I had to punch out of the woods today.  I had my hands too low which for me,,,, causes my right hand to flip and it was snap hook city all day until 14 and I figured it out.  Raised hands and nice baby draws all the way home. 

Cleveland

35-37: 72 today.

I'm glad today happened. I was tired and sleepy. My timing were off. Hitting shots short all over, but somehow I manage to scramble for pars. I was working hard but it felt great. My short game around the green and definitely my putting saved my A$$ today.

I thought that I was shooting around 76 but after reviewing the round on my game golf live I shot even. I feel especially good that subconsciously my game has been elevated and my practice and my mental training is paying off.

It seems like the nicer I am to me and my game the more it gives back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

35-37: 72 today.

I'm glad today happened. I was tired and sleepy. My timing were off. Hitting shots short all over, but somehow I manage to scramble for pars. I was working hard but it felt great. My short game around the green and definitely my putting saved my A$$ today.

I thought that I was shooting around 76 but after reviewing the round on my game golf live I shot even. I feel especially good that subconsciously my game has been elevated and my practice and my mental training is paying off.

72 is one heckofa scrambling! Nice score.

Rick

Left Hand, 

72 is one heckofa scrambling! Nice score.

Thank you. After a few holes I kinda know that it's going to be a different kind of day but I just kept at it.

My brother however, after a few low rounds he blew up and stop keeping score after the 5th. He did loosen up on the back 9 and played better.

Tried out my new SkyCaddie Linx GT today for the first time, just nine holes. You don't have to do anything, it just records your score. I had to go in and fix it a bit but it did a pretty good job in general! 1 over 37 on the front nine. Not too shabby! Stay posted for an actual review! Oh yeah, it recorded a mystery hole for some reason... beta test. IMG_0827.JPG

Sent from my Augusta National using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

72 today from whites. One stupid double on a par 3 by over- drawing the tee shot into the crap zone, then a plunk into the death sand. Ugh

But, the new hybrid (callaway 815- (23° 2 up) 25° now) was awesome. It has really removed my weakest shot (5 iron) 180-190, and made it enjoyable

Missed endless birdie putts.

Putting is where you score. If you don't sink some birdie putts, it doesn't matter if you hit every fairway or GIR.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

From last Saturday, didn't lose any money so that was good. Hoping to improve tomorrow.

Screenshot_20170714-101009.png

Sent from my HTC 10 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Speedzone Xtreme 11.5*

Bio Cell+ 18.5*

G10 24*

Srixon U85 26*

Mizuno MP-32 6-PW

Vokey SM6  52* and 58*

Scotty Cameron Select GoLo 

Taylormade TP5x

I'm on Instagram as @sharpened_development_llc

I played a local city-owned course last weekend. It's a pretty nice course and fairly tough - a lot of very mature trees that can get in the way of even decent shots so you have to know where you want to land the ball, and it plays ~6300 from middle tees so a good distance for me. I shot 87 (+16). Front 9 I was getting off the tee very well but short game sucked, back nine was a bit more sporadic off the tee but short game came around - 2 sand saves and 3 straight 1-putts. Middle irons were not that great, at all.

Aside: I have been trying different GPS apps since I got a new phone a few months ago - I used 18 birdies and started playing around with using for stats instead of purely for GPS. Who else uses 18 birdies and how do you think it compares to other apps?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Played hooky from work today. A couple buddies and I played at Chippewa this afternoon. I'm sure some of you Ohio boys have played it. If not for  a couple of bad tee shots that resulted in double bogies, and some key missed par putts, I could have shot 79.... unfortunately, it ended up at 84.... 42 both sides. Keep the ball in play!

Lousy round today. Only saving grace was my driver. Not amazingly long, and as long as it didn't pull it, was in the fairway. 3w and driver have the same adapter so I threw the shaft from the 3w into my driver head and added an extra wedge. Will definitely be looking into getting both wood shafts cut down an inch

Played hooky from work today. A couple buddies and I played at Chippewa this afternoon. I'm sure some of you Ohio boys have played it. If not for a couple of bad tee shots that resulted in double bogies, and some key missed par putts, I could have shot 79.... unfortunately, it ended up at 84.... 42 both sides. Keep the ball in play!

Chippewa is a pretty nice place.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I played a local city-owned course last weekend. It's a pretty nice course and fairly tough - a lot of very mature trees that can get in the way of even decent shots so you have to know where you want to land the ball, and it plays ~6300 from middle tees so a good distance for me. I shot 87 (+16). Front 9 I was getting off the tee very well but short game sucked, back nine was a bit more sporadic off the tee but short game came around - 2 sand saves and 3 straight 1-putts. Middle irons were not that great, at all.

Aside: I have been trying different GPS apps since I got a new phone a few months ago - I used 18 birdies and started playing around with using for stats instead of purely for GPS. Who else uses 18 birdies and how do you think it compares to other apps?

Sorry can't help. Just started using the Skycaddie watch & app.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Aaawk!! I never leave home without my wedges!!!

I'm going to guess that we've all done something like this. My recently it was a wedge and putter for me. I putted with my 22 degree hybrid.

Yeck

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played hooky from work today. A couple buddies and I played at Chippewa this afternoon. I'm sure some of you Ohio boys have played it. If not for  a couple of bad tee shots that resulted in double bogies, and some key missed par putts, I could have shot 79.... unfortunately, it ended up at 84.... 42 both sides. Keep the ball in play!

How'd you go on the Bermuda Triangle?

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I'm going to guess that we've all done something like this. My recently it was a wedge and putter for me. I putted with my 22 degree hybrid.

Yeck

Yup, forgot my putter, used PW and blade it. I actually practice this in Exec courses.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Broadcasting live from the course, well we are having sandwiches and coffee at the turn. There's some kinds of shotgun tourney going on but only fills up 7 holes in the front we only have a group behind us so we decided to let them pass and chill. We'd have no one behind us for the rest of the nine.

So far so good, shot 34 in the front but made no money yet. Hopefully my luck will turn at the back.

Update:

Ok we are done. Shot 36 for 70. But more important than the score, we made $4...each! Whoa! Now I can get that track man I always wanted.

49/45 today at my course. Played in our member guest yesterday and then me and my guest stayed over and played this am.

Ball striking was great and most strokes lost on and around the green, including three putting on a par 3 when I stuck it to 8 feet.

I took out my 3h and put in the 4i, which I put in a lighter kbs tour 90 and it's quickly become my favorite club. The misses with it are much better and so is the versatility. Might have to do the same with the 5i. I just trust the swing more and am not getting the hooks that I do with the Apex.

Also, time to practice short game and putting.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

One of the worst rounds a I have had in sometime. Shot a 47 on the front which wasn't top bad, but the wheels came off on the back side and I couldn't hit the ball to save my life. It was so bad I stopped keeping score.

Sent from my SM-N920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

One of the worst rounds a I have had in sometime. Shot a 47 on the front which wasn't top bad, but the wheels came off on the back side and I couldn't hit the ball to save my life. It was so bad I stopped keeping score.

Sent from my SM-N920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Hey buddy we ALL have those spells. Hang in there and it will come around

Cleveland

Played a friendly match today straight up for 5/5/10. Started terribly and was down 3 through four holes and four over par. Played even par the rest of the way to shoot 75 and win the match 3 & 2. Halved the front and won the back going away. Shot of the day was the wedge into the par 3 10th that spun back to half an inch. Still a few loose shots to clean up in the round but things seem to be coming together in time for the club championship.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond