Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

If I waited until everything was working I'd never get out of bed. :)

Foz and I just need to drive up and meet you at World Woods when it starts to cool down a bit. October!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Sounds good!

Got a couple of health things going on that have to get straightened out 1st.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Got out this morning for the Wednesday 18. Due to the recent rain "cart path only". Course in some places really sloppy and it seemed for the 1st 2 holes I found all the slop.

Holes 1 & 2 bogies yuck in the muck, holes 3 & 4 birdie both!! Sloppy looking better. Did OK except 9th dbl bogie for a 40.

At the turn we ran into a foursome obviously can't play. 20 minutes for 10th hole. Waiting on the 11th we talked to Outside Mgr and instead of making a big fuss we left and rain check back 9.

Coffee, breakfast and homeward.

Always tomorrow.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played with my brother this morning. Apparently, he's settled in to his new grip and crushed it. I've been ripping my new driver so I was eager to show off to him my new distance. Well on the 3rd hole par 5 I just ripped mine 265 long for me, then he hit his drive, it land where mine finish and roll about 20 yards not much because it was a bit damp. Wow!

Anyways, I shot 70 to his 79 one mulligan each nine, so I guess I got it back a bit. I guess I'm keeping the driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Played with my brother this morning. Apparently, he's settled in to his new grip and crushed it. I've been ripping my new driver so I was eager to show off to him my new distance. Well on the 3rd hole par 5 I just ripped mine 265 long for me, then he hit his drive, it land where mine finish and roll about 20 yards not much because it was a bit damp. Wow!

Anyways, I shot 70 to his 79 one mulligan each nine, so I guess I got it back a bit. I guess I'm keeping the driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Guess so keep that driver, nice play by both of U, I was happy with a 220 drive this morning.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Soooooo....... how did your wife play??? B)

Well she beat me on that Par 3 (#15)!!!

Her game has picked up a bit this Summer with a little more on-course time, but not .. of course .. where she wants it to be. Needs to keep working to ingrain her lesson on turning through the ball. Once she gets that down.......

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

If I waited until everything was working I'd never get out of bed. :)

Foz and I just need to drive up and meet you at World Woods when it starts to cool down a bit. October!

I'm into that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Subbed tonight in league. Straight up match with both of us off 5. I shot +3, he a +6. Highlight was the last, SW over a 120 ft tall tree from 65 yards to 2 feet for birdie on the par 5. Almost played it safe, decided for the challenge

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Subbed tonight in league. Straight up match with both of us off 5. I shot +3, he a +6. Highlight was the last, SW over a 120 ft tall tree from 65 yards to 2 feet for birdie on the par 5. Almost played it safe, decided for the challenge

Like to have seen the SW shot. Good job.

Rick

Left Hand, 

... Went out as a single to my favorite local course. Got paired up with 3 guys in their late 60's that wanted to play the tips. They like to rotate from white to blue and today wanted to play gold, something they do only a few times a year.  I am 64 and moved up a tee box 4 years ago but what the heck I was game. Shot a 68 last time I payed there from the Blues at 6455 yds. We played in 10-15mph winds at 7007yds and most holes were a little longer and it was fun using different clubs especially from the tee. But 448 into a 15 mph wind and uphill the whole way was a bear! Hit a good drive and a decent 5 wood and still came up 10 yds short of the green. I was pretty happy I could still play at 7000yds and ended up with a 76. I think I will play back there again, especially on light wind days. My pards all shot over 90 but enjoyed their round and I enjoyed their company!  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

... Went out as a single to my favorite local course. Got paired up with 3 guys in their late 60's that wanted to play the tips. They like to rotate from white to blue and today wanted to play gold, something they do only a few times a year.  I am 64 and moved up a tee box 4 years ago but what the heck I was game. Shot a 68 last time I payed there from the Blues at 6455 yds. We played in 10-15mph winds at 7007yds and most holes were a little longer and it was fun using different clubs especially from the tee. But 448 into a 15 mph wind and uphill the whole way was a bear! Hit a good drive and a decent 5 wood and still came up 10 yds short of the green. I was pretty happy I could still play at 7000yds and ended up with a 76. I think I will play back there again, especially on light wind days. My pards all shot over 90 but enjoyed their round and I enjoyed their company!  

That's something I've never done at my course, but I've vowed to do it once.  I'm 70 and not getting any younger, so I had better do it soon.  After play slows down this fall, I'm headed out as a single on a day of my choosing to play the Blacks.  Granted, it's only 6700y but that's 600y more than I usually play.  I'm going to have to play "course management" because there are a few holes where I struggle to get to greens in regulation from the Blues!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Well she beat me on that Par 3 (#15)!!!

Her game has picked up a bit this Summer with a little more on-course time, but not .. of course .. where she wants it to be. Needs to keep working to ingrain her lesson on turning through the ball. Once she gets that down.......

Watch out!!  You'd better see that pro quick.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

That's something I've never done at my course, but I've vowed to do it once. I'm 70 and not getting any younger, so I had better do it soon. After play slows down this fall, I'm headed out as a single on a day of my choosing to play the Blacks. Granted, it's only 6700y but that's 600y more than I usually play. I'm going to have to play "course management" because there are a few holes where I struggle to get to greens in regulation from the Blues!!

Do it soon is right. I'll be 71 in a month and there's definitely a difference between 65 & 70. But we gotta keep pushing!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

That's something I've never done at my course, but I've vowed to do it once.  I'm 70 and not getting any younger, so I had better do it soon.  After play slows down this fall, I'm headed out as a single on a day of my choosing to play the Blacks.  Granted, it's only 6700y but that's 600y more than I usually play.  I'm going to have to play "course management" because there are a few holes where I struggle to get to greens in regulation from the Blues!!

One thing that I thoroughly took advantage off when I joined the club a few years ago was to work on my weaknesses and face my fear. I played alone all the time on the same course so I have to make it interesting or I'd be so bored. One of my biggest golf crutch is not hitting driver off the tee because I'm relatively short hitter and long shots to the greens make me anxious about making pars.

My approach was to go cold turkey and play a few rounds a week without any woods, the longest club I carried was 3 hybrid. After a few rounds of pretty play, I started to feel more comfortable and confident about longer approaches to the greens and lay up shots.

Then I dropped my club counts to 5 or 6, it simplified my game since. Less clubs, less thinking about how to hit it. I feel less pressure when I have to lay up on longer par 4s and still thinking I can make pars.

One of the most fun challenge was the how to make exactly bogey on every holes. I was a 6 handicap so it was not as easy as it seemed. I thought I'd do it first tried it took 3 rounds and some planning to achieve that goal. Merely miss par putts does not count.

Shot a 39-40 today and broke 80.Completely gave up on my "lesson" golf swing.And used my "natural" hack look swing.Felt so relaxed and actually enjoyed the day and company.Made me really question why I ever wanted to change my swing in the first place.Always been told that my swing is completely wrong.For some reason I play great over the top with a flip at impact

Keep it in the short stuff

Shot a 39-40 today and broke 80.Completely gave up on my "lesson" golf swing.And used my "natural" hack look swing.Felt so relaxed and actually enjoyed the day and company.Made me really question why I ever wanted to change my swing in the first place.Always been told that my swing is completely wrong.For some reason I play great over the top with a flip at impact

It's not "How" .. it's "How many?"

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

I love to play golf. I play five times a week with anybody and everybody. I've always had fun or at least learned something from it. Then today happened. Thursday is our Seniors day. Play some golf maybe win a few bucks and have a few laughs. I walk almost all the time but today was kind of smokey and hot so I though I'll take a cart today. Show up get a cart, do my normal routine and get to the tee. My buddies are there, razz me about the cart (they are in their cart) I point this out we all laugh. Then the starter informs me another guy will be joining us, the more the merrier. This guy wants to drive so I transfer my stuff to his cart and off we go. First hole he pulls one left, asks me where it went. So I point and we go to the ball. He hits one about 20 yards past mine. Drive up to my ball, I get out he drives to his ball before I can grab a club. This happened about 5 times during the round. Second hole, get to my tee shot, waits this time and is parked behind me. As I take the club back he roars off to his ball I flinch, end result double. Two holes in and I ready to choke this dude out. The rest of the round was more of the same with some extra bizarre behavior in between. Dude rarely talked, except to ask where his ball was. I went to the washroom after nine, came back to the cart he was smoking my cigarettes, ask and get, take and your pushing my buttons. Strangest dude I have ever met. Anyhow I somehow managed a 76, and that's how I played today.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

I love to play golf. I play five times a week with anybody and everybody. I've always had fun or at least learned something from it. Then today happened. Thursday is our Seniors day. Play some golf maybe win a few bucks and have a few laughs. I walk almost all the time but today was kind of smokey and hot so I though I'll take a cart today. Show up get a cart, do my normal routine and get to the tee. My buddies are there, razz me about the cart (they are in their cart) I point this out we all laugh. Then the starter informs me another guy will be joining us, the more the merrier. This guy wants to drive so I transfer my stuff to his cart and off we go. First hole he pulls one left, asks me where it went. So I point and we go to the ball. He hits one about 20 yards past mine. Drive up to my ball, I get out he drives to his ball before I can grab a club. This happened about 5 times during the round. Second hole, get to my tee shot, waits this time and is parked behind me. As I take the club back he roars off to his ball I flinch, end result double. Two holes in and I ready to choke this dude out. The rest of the round was more of the same with some extra bizarre behavior in between. Dude rarely talked, except to ask where his ball was. I went to the washroom after nine, came back to the cart he was smoking my cigarettes, ask and get, take and your pushing my buttons. Strangest dude I have ever met. Anyhow I somehow managed a 76, and that's how I played today.

Don't know how you shot 76 with that distraction.

Good job.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Don't know how you shot 76 with that distraction.

Good job.

I've been thinking about it all afternoon, was it gamesmanship, ignorance, or did my buddies set me up as a joke. Either way I guess I learned to play through some pretty weird stuff.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

I've been thinking about it all afternoon, was it gamesmanship, ignorance, or did my buddies set me up as a joke. Either way I guess I learned to play through some pretty weird stuff.

No, just an aho won't be the last I'm afraid.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Interesting round- hot to start- blazing hot to finish. 103° my phone said, but my car said 109°

Shot 38-39. Lost track my irons for about 9 holes- then got them back with a slightly stronger grip.

Took a freaking double on a par 3.

Over cooked the 6 iron to pin high, except behind a tree to the left of the green, in the sawdust bark/dirt. Fluffed the next shot to the densely thick grass before the second cut, dug that out to the first cut, putted out to 4', and curled that in... felt lucky to get that!

Pretty good off the tees today with the wood, putting with new putter remains an adventure

Did I say it was hot? Sheesh!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Beautiful Florida morning for the Senior (Exec bacon) 9. LOW HUMIDITY!! Had 13 guys almost everyone played OK but it's all about me. Shot 1 over, 1 bogie. Greens were nice and quick. Then off to Bob Evans Farmhouse for breakfast.

Really was a perfect weather morning.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played the first round of my club's annual Ryder Cup. Giving 9 shots I won round 1 5&4. Played the front in five under and then played even par through 13. Putter was just flat out on fire today and hoping it stays that way tomorrow when I play our head pro straight up.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Played the first round of my club's annual Ryder Cup. Giving 9 shots I won round 1 5&4. Played the front in five under and then played even par through 13. Putter was just flat out on fire today and hoping it stays that way tomorrow when I play our head pro straight up.

Good luck tomorrow, have a blast and beat his butt!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Good luck!

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

This afternoon was the proverbial Two Steps Back.

Played 9 at the course where I recently got my to-date low of 45 on the Front 9 .. today I made 53......

Usual mess of tee shots, more than the usual mess of second .. and third and fourth and.... shots, and .. even the putter abandoned me today .. 23 putts with one FOUR putt and three 3-putts.....

But it was a beautiful afternoon here and I somehow managed to hit 2 fairways, made a few decent wedge and approach shots, had a just good enough bunker shot and almost made a birdie putt on 9 (left it 2 inches short! after I nailed a 112 yd approach with a new-to-me PW).

So .. not a total loss!

May get back at it tmrw.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

This afternoon was the proverbial Two Steps Back.

Played 9 at the course where I recently got my to-date low of 45 on the Front 9 .. today I made 53......

Usual mess of tee shots, more than the usual mess of second .. and third and fourth and.... shots, and .. even the putter abandoned me today .. 23 putts with one FOUR putt and three 3-putts.....

But it was a beautiful afternoon here and I somehow managed to hit 2 fairways, made a few decent wedge and approach shots, had a just good enough bunker shot and almost made a birdie putt on 9 (left it 2 inches short! after I nailed a 112 yd approach with a new-to-me PW).

So .. not a total loss!

May get back at it tmrw.

That's the cool part, there's always tomorrow. Learn, listen and have fun. If it's not fun well..Always have fun.

Work is serious, golf is the fun part.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Beautiful Florida morning for the Senior (Exec bacon) 9. LOW HUMIDITY!! Had 13 guys almost everyone played OK but it's all about me. Shot 1 over, 1 bogie. Greens were nice and quick. Then off to Bob Evans Farmhouse for breakfast.

Really was a perfect weather morning.

Where are you playing Rickp?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

That's the cool part, there's always tomorrow. Learn, listen and have fun. If it's not fun well..Always have fun.

Work is serious, golf is the fun part.

Ha, thx Rick! Yeah, it is so true:

bad day golf mo' bettah good day work :-)

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

81/75 in the first round of Club Championships. Putted extremely well on th front 9, lost the plot a bit on the back. Made a few poor decisions which didn't help. Currently running equal 7th, miles behind the leader (a mate of mine) who shot 2 under 70.

Conditions were tough, he was the only player in a field of 190 to go under handicap (he's off scratch)

Hopefully I can puta couple of good rounds together and finish somewhere in the top handful.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy