Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

81/75 in the first round of Club Championships. Putted extremely well on th front 9, lost the plot a bit on the back. Made a few poor decisions which didn't help. Currently running equal 7th, miles behind the leader (a mate of mine) who shot 2 under 70.

Conditions were tough, he was the only player in a field of 190 to go under handicap (he's off scratch)

Hopefully I can puta couple of good rounds together and finish somewhere in the top handful.

Go gettem....

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Where are you playing Rickp?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Friday was a Exec course called Sarasota. Nice little track. Tuesday & Fridays we play with neighborhood guys range 65-82 and 12 to 30 guys bird season. The main focus for these guys is an unhealthy breakfast with lots of bacon! Seriously.

Monday & Wednesday play 18 in one of the 12, 27 hole courses in the "bubble".

This years been tough a lot of guys hurt, injured and all the other ailments that come with getting older.

The Execs are a good way for the guys that can't play a "Big Boy" course still stay in the game and have fun with the guys. Make no mistake the Execs from the tips can be tough for anyone.

Rick

Left Hand, 

81/75 in the first round of Club Championships. Putted extremely well on th front 9, lost the plot a bit on the back. Made a few poor decisions which didn't help. Currently running equal 7th, miles behind the leader (a mate of mine) who shot 2 under 70.

Conditions were tough, he was the only player in a field of 190 to go under handicap (he's off scratch)

Hopefully I can puta couple of good rounds together and finish somewhere in the top handful.

Go get it Peaksy!

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Back 9 was closed this morning due to very heavy T-storm that blew through late yesterday afternoon on top of the already saturated ground. I cancelled the Saturday game and 8 of us went out to play the Front 9 twice. Cart Path Only I shot a 47/46.....93. I only have 8 signed up for our Labor Day Game on Monday, mostly due to wet course conditions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Back 9 was closed this morning due to very heavy T-storm that blew through late yesterday afternoon on top of the already saturated ground. I cancelled the Saturday game and 8 of us went out to play the Front 9 twice. Cart Path Only I shot a 47/46.....93. I only have 8 signed up for our Labor Day Game on Monday, mostly due to wet course conditions.

I miss playing in the rain. Mostly because I don't get to play in one all the time. I enjoy the ritual of keeping things dry. It keeps me busy and more enjoyable golf. Nothing compared to stormy weather of course.

Played 18 with a friend today. Putting killed me today 7...... 3-putts

45/46= 91

Putts 40 this killed me today.

Fairways 14 best ever

GIR 8

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Sloppy on a lot of ur courses here also. Tampa area more rain lately than us.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played round 2 of our annual Ryder Cup and drew the head pro. Dropped a -1 36 on him through 9 to lead 2 up. Struggled a bit on the back and he got even with me on 16. Won 17 and halved 18 to win 1 up. Spent an hour after my round on the range and putting green trying to get rid of some loose swings. One more round to go on Monday.

Congratulations, nice round!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played 18 with a friend today. Putting killed me today 7...... 3-putts

45/46= 91

Putts 40 this killed me today.

Fairways 14 best ever

GIR 8

Sounds a lot like my round a couple weeks ago. Every GIR for me was a 3-putt because I left myself looong putts.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Had my best nine of the year yesterday. A 41 on the back that unfortunately followed 51 on the front.

I was completely lost on the front taking 6,penalty strokes off the tee which is really out of character for me as of late.

It was on a pretty tough course And odd thing about the back 41. I only hit one green.

So my scrambling and short game was in pretty good form all day.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Had my best nine of the year yesterday. A 41 on the back that unfortunately followed 51 on the front.

I was completely lost on the front taking 6,penalty strokes off the tee which is really out of character for me as of late.

It was on a pretty tough course And odd thing about the back 41. I only hit one green.

So my scrambling and short game was in pretty good form all day.

Forget the front remember what u did right on the back.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I miss playing in the rain. Mostly because I don't get to play in one all the time. I enjoy the ritual of keeping things dry. It keeps me busy and more enjoyable golf. Nothing compared to stormy weather of course.

We hosted the Inaugural Compass Cup at our course today. 27 hole 2 man teams, better ball, scramble and alternate shot.

It was raining all day. About 3/4 or the 70 person field quit after 18, so we shortened it to a 18 hole event. But despite the hard rain, everyone said they enjoyed it and can't wait for next year. A 66 won it. That's pretty darn good in those conditions.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I lost my swing today... well, at least for the first 7 holes.  I started off with three straight bogeys, and went downhill from there.  I parred #8 and #9, chipping in on #9, for a very smooth 45.  Those two pars seemed to kick me in the arse.  I shot 37 on the back nine for an 82.

The highlights were #17 and #18.  I stuck a shot on the par 3 #17 and actually made a putt.  On the par 5 #18 I hit an OK tee shot but was blocked by the big tree at the dogleg.  I posted this pic yesterday but here it is again; looking back from behind the green.

IMG_0760.jpg

I hit an 8i over the big tree in the distance to near the 100 yard marker.  Today the pin was on this finger of green shown in the pic.  Not much green to land on, and I came up short in the sand.  I was only about 2 feet from the edge of the bunker, but the lip is 4 feet high in front of me. They have steps down into the bunker.  Hit my 58* SCOR and buried it in the sand, no followthrough.  I got sand all over me, but the ball landed on the green and rolled to tap-in par.  The course marshall was watching and said it was a helluva shot! 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Tale of two 9's for me again today, 49/40. Seems like I just can't get it going until after the turn, anyone else like this?

Maiden voyage for the Spider Tour Black, I feel like I can control my distance so much better with this than I could with the ER7. I believe it is the grip on the Evnrolls being too thick for my pathetic small hands LOL. Don't think I made anything outside of 10 feet today, but I only 3-putted once so I'm not terribly upset.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

IMG_1339.JPG

It was crazy hot today!!! 110* and hazy from a nearby forrest fire. On the other hand, we did have the course to ourselves! Got to play a quick 9 in the evening before calling it a day.

This photo shows some of the haze we were dealing with.

Sent from my Augusta National using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Even par through 9 and then the heavy stuff came down. Had to come off the course due to weather sirens but ready to go for the final round of the Ryder Cup tomorrow.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Playing tomorrow...for $$$!?!?!??

Screenshot_20170903-110202.png

Sent from my Moto G (4) using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Tale of two 9's for me again today, 49/40. Seems like I just can't get it going until after the turn, anyone else like this?

Maiden voyage for the Spider Tour Black, I feel like I can control my distance so much better with this than I could with the ER7. I believe it is the grip on the Evnrolls being too thick for my pathetic small hands LOL. Don't think I made anything outside of 10 feet today, but I only 3-putted once so I'm not terribly upset.

I have days like that quite often. Mediocre front, then turn it on once I step onto 10th tee box

Best get practising!

50 and raining all day here...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

... Played yesterday with two high school kids. One was trying to make the varsity as a sophomore and I am guessing 5'6" and no more than 130lbs. I could not believe how far he drove the ball. Normal looking swing with the exception of through impact where he had crazy flash speed. Probably averaged 275 off the tee. But just no short game to match and and even worse temper. 

... On #10 a down wind downhill short 317yd par 4 with water right and trees left and a very deep bunker guarding most of the front, he hit it to within a yard of the trap. I hit a Utility Iron leaving me a full 60* approach and hit it to 6" and made birdie. He semi bladed his chip hitting it to the far fringe and up against the collar. Hit a weak chip that came up about 4' short and missed the putt. He threw his wedge about 40 yards toward the nest tee. Pretty much the same all round long. Just amazing to see someone so young with so much talent and waste it. I told him I was a QB in college and keeping a calm demeanor was essential to playing well and it carried over to my golf game. He kinda laughed and said he was too little for football and his anger helps him on the course.   :wacko:

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Can't remember where I read it, probably one of the mental game books, but it was saying that scoring like that has to do with comfort zone. We know what we normally shoot subconsciously, so bad front then good back or vice versa. Get out of your comfort zone one way or the other and the universe corrects it self. Stupid game...

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

Played round 2 of our annual Ryder Cup and drew the head pro. Dropped a -1 36 on him through 9 to lead 2 up. Struggled a bit on the back and he got even with me on 16. Won 17 and halved 18 to win 1 up. Spent an hour after my round on the range and putting green trying to get rid of some loose swings. One more round to go on Monday.

Nice going! Here's a thought... maybe you guys should switch jobs for a while .. you can work on your golf game (and get paid for it) and he can suffer with your crappy email system... ;-) ...

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

... ...

One of the most fun challenge was the how to make exactly bogey on every holes. I was a 6 handicap so it was not as easy as it seemed. I thought I'd do it first tried it took 3 rounds and some planning to achieve that goal. Merely miss par putts does not count.

I *AM* trying to make Bogey on every hole, as in: not worse.... ;)

But this is a great strategy for where I'm at with my game, and I am working harder to focus on this as my "official" game plan. NOT, as Rusty also mentioned, try to make GIRs when I don't have the shots required.

I had a better 9 holes yesterday .. though my score did not reflect it .. but I was generally hitting the ball batter and more on-target. Still struggling with some tee shots, but not as bad as the prior round but which still cost me my 'extra' shot to the green so I ended up with a bunch of Doubles. Also lost a ball on each of two holes in a row, so the two extra penalties plus three (oy.........) 3-putts added up to a 51.

Highlight was #9 - ok-ish tee shot which faded right off the fairway but caught the hillside running parallel to the fairway and got a nice bump forward plus rolled closer to the fairway. Approach from there to the large, flat green was wide open .. with plenty of margin of error on all sides .. and I nailed a 9i to one foot! And .. whew! .. didn't blow it so made an "easy" (ha!) Birdie!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

... Played yesterday with two high school kids. One was trying to make the varsity as a sophomore and I am guessing 5'6" and no more than 130lbs. I could not believe how far he drove the ball. Normal looking swing with the exception of through impact where he had crazy flash speed. Probably averaged 275 off the tee. But just no short game to match and and even worse temper.

... On #10 a down wind downhill short 317yd par 4 with water right and trees left and a very deep bunker guarding most of the front, he hit it to within a yard of the trap. I hit a Utility Iron leaving me a full 60* approach and hit it to 6" and made birdie. He semi bladed his chip hitting it to the far fringe and up against the collar. Hit a weak chip that came up about 4' short and missed the putt. He threw his wedge about 40 yards toward the nest tee. Pretty much the same all round long. Just amazing to see someone so young with so much talent and waste it. I told him I was a QB in college and keeping a calm demeanor was essential to playing well and it carried over to my golf game. He kinda laughed and said he was too little for football and his anger helps him on the course. :wacko:

Hopefully he grows out it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Hopefully he grows out it.

... One would hope, but he was an entitled kid that not only tossed clubs but threw several balls in the water after 3 putts. Interestingly the other kid was even tempered and not as long and didn't have the same ability but was a little better around the greens and was a joy to play with even though he was very quiet. I would bet on the 2nd kid. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

... One would hope, but he was an entitled kid that not only tossed clubs but threw several balls in the water after 3 putts. Interestingly the other kid was even tempered and not as long and didn't have the same ability but was a little better around the greens and was a joy to play with even though he was very quiet. I would bet on the 2nd kid.

The 2nd kid will do OK.

Rick

Left Hand,