Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played in a "Greens Keeper Revenge" tourney today, and it made me question why I even play golf. The absolute toughest greens and pin locations. Just brutal.

I used to enjoy (in a perverted way) those tournaments. Anybody can win, using full handicap cause they are so hard.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I used to enjoy (in a perverted way) those tournaments. Anybody can win, using full handicap cause they are so hard.

Yeah, this was a 3-man scramble. I think the winning score in champ flight ended up being -4 or -6, which is crazy when you know some of the teams were crazy good.

It was like putting on a hardwood floor, they just kept rolling and rolling and rolling.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Yeah, this was a 3-man scramble. I think the winning score in champ flight ended up being -4 or -6, which is crazy when you know some of the teams were crazy good.

It was like putting on a hardwood floor, they just kept rolling and rolling and rolling.

Scramble perfect for that venue, usually a blast especially as an end of summer tournament.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played in a "Greens Keeper Revenge" tourney today, and it made me question why I even play golf. The absolute toughest greens and pin locations. Just brutal.

Oh yeah I did that on one Monday usually it's closed at my club member just walk on. They put the toughest pin on every holes. I didn't catch on til 5th hole. I was expecting the usual front middle back but these were random but tough.

Oh yeah I did that on one Monday usually it's closed at my club member just walk on. They put the toughest pin on every holes. I didn't catch on til 5th hole. I was expecting the usual front middle back but these were random but tough.

Haha yeah it's tough. I have never played the course before, but I was forewarned about the greens being rolled and cut twice as much as they usually are just for this tournament. You can only imagine how my day went.

Haha yeah it's tough. I have never played the course before, but I was forewarned about the greens being rolled and cut twice as much as they usually are just for this tournament. You can only imagine how my day went.

I like to call all of the difficult pin placements my favorite pin. Then I played a few holes and I said to myself this is fun the by the 4th I said merry x mas to me and by the 5th green I know for sure what had happened. I remember dropping a few balls to get the most out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Played well today, but on the back 9, hit a great drive, but lost it middle of the fairway on a par 4 that was swampy and then again on number 18 a par 4, limped over the finish line with an 81.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Didn't play very well this weekend.  Hit my driver and 3 wood better than I have in a while, but started pushing irons and wedge shots right.  Then I couldn't get the speed of the greens down, so I started knocking all my chip shots and putts about 10 feet past the hole.  

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

Overall not to bad of a day today.  No 3 putts but missed 10 greens and was only able to convert 2 of them for par.  Really need to figure out the short game; there was no reasonable par chance on most of the opportunities.  

Sounds exactly like my rounds this weekend, except I did have a 3-putt.  Played the country club in Spokane, only my second time playing that course and the greens were so smooth... but quick!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Snuck out for a quick 9 after a meeting while on travel. Played Liberty Forge in Mechanicsburg, PA. It was a fun little track and the weather couldn't have been better. One of our guys says it best "this is one of those courses you play like 5 times before you bring your buddies out to take them to the cleaners." Lots of blind/careful shots required and the easy the pins were set up reminded me of the greens keeper revenge thread that's been floating around.

Absolute highlight of the round. After we finished, we shot for closest to the hole across the adjacent fairway at an island green on the back nine. Guess who has two thumbs and knocked it in from 125?

This freaking guy

Here's some pics:

IMG_5043.JPGIMG_5044.JPGIMG_5046.JPGIMG_5047.JPG

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Snuck out for a quick 9 after a meeting while on travel. Played Liberty Forge in Mechanicsburg, PA. It was a fun little track and the weather couldn't have been better. One of our guys says it best "this is one of those courses you play like 5 times before you bring your buddies out to take them to the cleaners." Lots of blind/careful shots required and the easy the pins were set up reminded me of the greens keeper revenge thread that's been floating around.

Absolute highlight of the round. After we finished, we shot for closest to the hole across the adjacent hole at an island green on the back nine. Guess who has two thumbs and knocked it in from 125?

This freaking guy

Here's some pics:

attachicon.gifIMG_5043.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_5044.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_5046.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_5047.JPG

Good job Grasshopper

Rick

Left Hand, 

Ran a "practice round" with my buddy yesterday, didn't keep score.

This was one of those play two-three balls per hole days as it was kinda slow in front of us.

Putted well

Hit lots of good shots and worked on a new technique, for me anyways

The new thing was keeping my back to the target just a hair longer. This resulted in a bigger draw.

Best shot of the day was a 197 yard 3-wood, after a crummy drive.

It was over water the whole way, and I played a pretty good cut on it, and it was right into the teeth of a two club wind.

Made the green but left a 60+ foot putt that I snuggled up to within 2 feet for a par.

Actually hit 3 really good 3-woods- not my strongest club normally

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Hole in one! 115 yard par 3 with a little helping breeze. Pin was in the right hand section of the green tucked over a bunker. Anything over the green on the line of the flag bounces 30 yards down a hill. The greens were soft, and I knew I could spin one back. I don't like hitting full swing wedges, so I hit a really easy punch fade PW that was right on line, but when I hit it, I thought for sure it was going over the green and bouncing down that hill. Somehow, it landed a few feet from the back edge of the green, paused for a moment, then took off backwards down the slope, spinning back 40 feet into the hole!

Congrats!

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

All golf courses here shut down for a while. Everyone of them is flooded. Going to take some time.

I'm a patient senior..........Right...

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played a round at River Winds just across the river from Philly. Had an awesome time on a beautiful course and shot an 86 I can be proud of. The front tore me up with a 46 but came home with a 40.

Had a good one today, parred the first 11 holes, couldn't get a birdie to drop. Made two bogeys in a row. More pars then finally a birdie on the 17th finished with one more par. 27 putts will bring in a good score. It was a fun day.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

36 for nine today. Three jacked for par on two, and made crummy bogeys on 3 and 5. Made a couple of late birds though. For some reason, I just couldn't spin my wedges. I hit a couple of shots that landed about two feet from the cup but rolled way over. Normally they just stop. Unusual...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Played Haggin Oaks on Sunday and dropped an 80' putt that started about 6" off the fringe! Felt pretty great!

Went out and played an E9 the next day in about 45 minutes. Came to find out, if you pay for the 9, you are allowed to play as many rounds as you like. So, I ask what the record is, 54 holes in a day. That's it? I'll do that before lunch! Game on! The next time I have a full day, I'm going for the record! I would like to throw down 90 holes! Will keep you posted!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Today was the first full day of play after the course was closed for aerification since Sunday afternoon.  The greens were fine, but tees and fairways were plugged.  Most of the plugs have been picked up except for a couple holes.  We had to move the ball out of the holes in the fairway.  A tale of two nines again.  +2 on the harder front nine, and +8 on the easier back nine, so 82.  I really thought I was going to have a great round, then I got to #10.  Finished with a great par on the par 5 #18; took me 4 shots to get to the green after a bad tee shot and a worse second shot. 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played the practice round for the Invitational at Fresh Meadow over the next two days. $100 a team cash pool for the day and took low gross so I am already a winner before I tee it up tomorrow. Played like a dog on the from and chucked up a 40 that was actually better than the number. Played solid on the back with a 35 for a 75 on the day. There were about four pin placements that were flat out unfair today but the course was in good shape.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Small league 2 man scramble tonight. We lost by 1 stroke because we hit two OB shots on hole 9 off the tee, that we ended up shooting a bogey. Then missed an EASY FREAKING PUTT to save par on the last hole. So frustrating.

Then did a horse race and we were the final two teams playing. Soooo close to winning the money TWICE!

Played in a four man scramble today. We shot 56 and lost by 6. I know that's not uncommon but man it still sucks to lose by that much when we played well for the team we had. Nonetheless it was first tournament in over a year and it felt good.

Driver:  :ping-small: G30 9*

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X-Forged 3-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 52*

:ping-small:  Glide 58*

Putter:   :taylormade-small: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

Played in a four man scramble today. We shot 56 and lost by 6. I know that's not uncommon but man it still sucks to lose by that much when we played well for the team we had. Nonetheless it was first tournament in over a year and it felt good.

56 and lost by 6?  :blink:

Sounds like there was a bit of  :ph34r:  going on.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I had a good day yesterday shooting 38 on the front and 42 on the back.  I missed a 4 footer on 18 which would have busted the 80 mark.   I took it for granted as I rarely miss putts that short these days unless I no brain em.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I had a good day yesterday shooting 38 on the front and 42 on the back. I missed a 4 footer on 18 which would have busted the 80 mark. I took it for granted as I rarely miss putts that short these days unless I no brain em.

Come on Betty!

Come on Betty!

At times I think she is automatic and forget I might need to read my line a little better :D 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

56 and lost by 6? :blink:

Sounds like there was a bit of :ph34r: going on.

Well you could buy mulligans, and they had some players on their team. Gipper Finau was on the team, a guy who just got done playing at BYU and two other guys that are known local players. So there might have been some BS going on but they probably did shoot that. That and the course was short for THEM, not so much me.

Driver:  :ping-small: G30 9*

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X-Forged 3-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 52*

:ping-small:  Glide 58*

Putter:   :taylormade-small: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

IMG_1445.JPG

Even through 1! Looks like I'm on course for a 72!

Par 5 second coming up, dog leg right at 540yds.

Sent from my Augusta National using MyGolfSpy

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

IMG_1447.JPGIMG_1446.JPG

Hole four, a 480 yd par 4. This hole is long. (Note, no longer under par... stupid trees...)

Sent from my Augusta National using MyGolfSpy

Managed to sneak in 9 this afternoon- weather perfect- my game, well not so much.  This is looking at my second shot on a good par 5 across Daniel's Run.  About 210 out,  My first swing I pulled a 4 Iron left, but since nobody else was out there, dropped a second, executed the swing properly and ended up on the green with a reasonable putt. 

Just goes to show you, Bubba the "second golfer" is pretty darn good :)

White 3.JPG

Sorry dont know why this is turning sideways, but there you

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls