MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

Haven't played an 18 hole round in almost three weeks.  I have to rectify that for sure, as I have two competitive rounds coming up next week in Pinehurst. 

Played Friday night at our club.  Had a Beer and Bourbon tour.  Tastings on all 9 holes.  I need to drink more bourbon ha.

You need to try Foz's Wild Turkey Honey Stinger!!

You need to try Foz's Wild Turkey Honey Stinger!!

Got it in my bag!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Played yesterday and proudly can say I shot my career best 78, only the 3rd time breaking 80 in the past year, 2 times this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 7

Just played 9 holes this morning - shot 40 (4 over) with sanded greens. A lot putts came up short.

• Like 2

Got in 14 holes before we were rained out today.  Shot 1 under on the front with a 3 putt bogey on 9.  I was 1 over through 14 which was just enough holes to have to handicap it in and post a 75 for the day.

Good news is that the handicap is trending back down, bad news that that we have a handicap event coming up and it's after the next revision so it looks like I'm giving some strokes back to the field.

• Like 6

Played in an outing today for work that was a requirement for me in order to shake hands and kiss babies with local politicians. We played at North Hills CC and despite winning the tournament it could not have been a worse experience. The staff was rude at best, course was set up short and the pro shop closed at 5 PM so you could not even use the shop credit before you left the course. Started with valet not parking my car because it was only a Dodge, guessing that would have changed if I drove my Hellcat which also happens to be a Dodge. Went into the locker room and asked where we should change our shoes and was asked why I didn't change them in the parking lot. After nine holes they had a grill set up in the clubhouse and I got attitude from the guy manning the grill because I asked for two Diet Cokes while he was six feet from the cooler and mind you I was polite until he yelled at me. They put the long drive hole on a 315 yard downhill par 4 that I hit 3 wood over the back edge of the green and was told I should have used less club by the Asst. Pro manning the tee (and he was not joking, he was serious). Really, long drive hole that I have to hit hybrid off the tee? The staff in the clubhouse for the meal treated most people like they did not belong there which was a comment that I heard most of the night.

Now for the only good part. Played a four man scramble with myself and my buddy whom is a bit better than a 1 handicap. Played it as a true scramble of partners and shot 59 to win by four strokes. The prize was shop credit which if I want to use I will actually have to drive an hour back there at some point to use. Shame is it is a very worthwhile organization and at some point in the next year or two I will be a bigger part of their efforts in the community.

• Like 3

43/41....84 at Port Royal-Barony

Only had 1 Birdie.

Weather was great Ver cast and a cool 78*....

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

A friend took me to the CC here in-town. 39...48!!! Ugh. Ug-ly back nine. I didn't hit a single fairway and that was the difference. Just terrible off the tee after #8. Horrible. But, it was sunny, quiet, not many people on the course, and their greens are SO awesome!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 over playing off 6, had a win in A grade, bogeyed my 16th and 17th, but really happy with my round. Even for my first 9 with a 3 putt. 4 birdies, and for a change, no doubles. All time low handicap now of 4.6.

• Like 2

Even better was one of the juniors I've helped out won our club champs. He was 4 down with 11 to play in 36 hole matchplay, went 5 under from there to win 1 up, great result for a 15 year old.

• Like 3

Struck the ball extrememly well today, playing in a 2 man game, we both hit shot after shot, fairway after fairway, green after green and shot 75. Could not make a putt if we walked the ball to hole and placed it in the cup (we would have missed). We lipped out putts on 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,16. We made one birdie after I drove he green at the 311 yard 13th hole, missed the 12 foot eagle putt horribly and then made the 3 footer coming back. We get to play tomorrow so maybe those close putts will fall. We had fun but frustrating for sure

• Like 1

After not playing for 2 weeks waiting for my Adams irons and Scor Wedges to show up. It was freezing here with yesterday being 54 degrees with high and very cold winds and 49 degrees today with the same winds and an occasional shower. We played on aerified greens and didn't use the 2 putt rule. 79 both days. The irons are fantastic and the wedges were what I was hoping for since the first time I used Scor Wedges they weren't good.

Sent from my XT1563 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

The heat kicked me in the marbles today. 101 was not the best for golfing but I started strong with 41 front and limped in with a 47. Tournament next week and avg high temp this week will be about 80. Bring on the cold lol

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Finally got back out yesterday after a long couple weeks of personal issues interrupting my leasure activities. Played a 4 man scramble where my 17 handicap was the best of the crew. We shot 5 under and I have to say was really happy with the way my game was after a long layoff.

Back out this week and back on the board like I was previously. 😊

• Like 1

Played nine with my son yesterday getting ready for his tournament today. Shot a number that was not important since it was a day for him. He played today and finished well in his flight for the Jr. Club Championship. More importantly he had a lot of fun and wants to get better. Picture of him and his playing partners on the final hole. My son is on the right.

• Like 5

Played nine with my son yesterday getting ready for his tournament today. Shot a number that was not important since it was a day for him. He played today and finished well in his flight for the Jr. Club Championship. More importantly he had a lot of fun and wants to get better. Picture of him and his playing partners on the final hole. My son is on the right.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1474842195.671281.jpg

That pose. He already looks like a boss.

• Like 2

Played 18 with my buddy Saturday after two weeks off. Needed a break from golf as my game slipped, plus I had a few other priorities. Ended up shooting 94, but should have been lower. A lot of 3 putts because my distance was off badly and a long break at 9 ruined any type of rhythm I had. Felt good to get back out though.

Finally got out with my regular partner yesterday after his forced year long layoff for colon cancer.

We played the back 9 at Oak Knolls in Kent. Shot a 45, which could have been better without a couple of penalties and 3 putts.

Shot of the day for me was on 16. Still working on driver and just hit it horribly off the tee, going right until it hit a limb and knocked it straight down. Step in 3 wood...line up and just nutted it, 262 yards onto the fairway. I LOVE this 3 wood!

Pity I can't putt to save my life at the moment.

https://dashboard.golfpadgps.com/round/RBNAT2#10

A few more of my son.

• Like 2