MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

Had a good golf day (for me) yesterday. Teed off at 7:15am - barely light, heavy dew, grounds crew hadn't started mowing greens yet... shot 12 over, which is fairly good for me. After playing, one of my buddies talked me into brunch and playing another round at a different course. So we went - and I shot 6 over on the front, 2 under on the back. That is really good for me. Even though I beat him by a land slide, he stole the glory, with a hole-out for eagle on a par 4.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

You friend is one lucky bastard!

I shot 76 (4 over) on a course that was sanded and cored only 2 weeks ago. Greens weren't too bad but I did miss about 3-4 putts (mostly short) due to the presence of sand. I still managed to get 4 birdies (including 2 in a row) and 7 pars, so I must've been doing something right.

• Like 2

Satirday: 45/43=88

Sunday: 44/44/-=88

Struggled both days with my short game....I believe the prob is I played Bombtech 52/56/60 wedges the week before in Hilton head, then switched back to my SCOR 53/57.  I also had a lot of probs with the Cobra 50 GW....seeming to dig in too much.

I need to concentrate on my short game as I have our semi-annual two day tournament coming up this weekend.....looks like we will have about 50 players!

As for my new putter, the SC Kombi worked great at HHI, then I struggled at home.....yesterday, I finally saw the light after making a grip adjustment....

• Like 3

So... this DST Compressor....

Hadn't played in a few weeks; worked on the range last Monday.

Shot 85 Thursday, which isn't great, but dropped a 77 on Friday!! Hit a BUNCH of sweet iron shots. Hndcp dn to 12.8!

• Like 1

I played Saturday and was right around shooting towards or below 90 when I lost my last ball. That happens when you forget to restock the bag before going out. My irons were better but my driving has been all over the place. On the plus side my distance putting was a lot better and I nailed a ton of putts from around 4-5 feet.

• Like 1

As for my new putter, the SC Kombi worked great at HHI, then I struggled at home.....yesterday, I finally saw the light after making a grip adjustment....

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   You are not the first person that has said "I finally saw the light", and you won't be the last.  That's the golf gods way of laughing at you!!  They did it to me twice this year.  My swing felt good; I shot 73; and saw the light.  Lasted about 2 days.  Hope this one works out for you Foz.

Shot 75 today. It could have been much better but I could not get the speed of the greens. I hit 11 in regulation and got up and down 6/7 on the missed ones. But I had 2 3 putts and never scared the hole in my birdie putts.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Looks like my round on Friday will not be possible due to 100 MPH winds and some rain. All you guys and gals in FL stay safe. I am going to ride out my first hurricane in Disney.

I walked 18 with the guys today; nothing special, easy 80.  Our greens are almost back to normal after aerating a month ago.

It looks like all you guys on the southeastern seaboard are going to have a wet, windy weekend.  Hunker down and be safe!!

Looks like my round on Friday will not be possible due to 100 MPH winds and some rain. All you guys and gals in FL stay safe. I am going to ride out my first hurricane in Disney.

You've never hand one on Long Island? Please be safe yourself. Hunker down and don't go anywhere. You are supposed to get nailed. They've even closed our schools but I think it's more to have available shelters for people from the Central and Eastern parts of the state.

You've never hand one on Long Island? Please be safe yourself. Hunker down and don't go anywhere. You are supposed to get nailed. They've even closed our schools but I think it's more to have available shelters for people from the Central and Eastern parts of the state.

Only one since I moved to LI was Sandy and that was misery, but was not a hurricane when it hit the island. We are going to ride it out at our resort in Disney. I have plenty of beer and an iPad for the kids, all will be fine.

• Like 1

Only one since I moved to LI was Sandy and that was misery, but was not a hurricane when it hit the island. We are going to ride it out at our resort in Disney. I have plenty of beer and an iPad for the kids, all will be fine.

Bummer going to Disney and they are closed.  Stay safe!!

played better than more score today.... if you know what I mean.

Hit the ball well, excellent approach shots, on most greens in regulation, good, well-placed drives.

The greens were TREACHEROUS.

Not sure who p'd off the greenskeeper but the pins were on hills and if you missed a slightly tapped putt you were rolling off.

No 4-putts but took a while to get the speed down, and even then if you weren't on line...

42/41 - 83 but probably could've been closer to 79 or 80.

Absolutely beautiful day in New England.  Leaves are starting to turn, grass is greening back up, baby blue sky with not a cloud up there, no wind, low 70's.  Top 10 golf day!

• Like 1

Played on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Tuesday I shot 82 from the tips. Played pretty well with a few bad swings that cost me.

Wednesday I played from the whites since there was a skins game and I wanted to win some money. No birdies and shot 92. Fairly certain that I have the yips from 40-100 yards although I've never experienced them before and always thought they weren't real. I must have chunked at least 14 shots in that distance range. Frustrating to say the least.

It was so bad that the guys after the round were joking asking if I could give them lessons on wedge play. We had a good laugh about it, but I need to get it sorted out. The season is pretty much over, but I need to keep my pride in tact. It also seems like it's starting to leak into my iron shots.

The good news is that I've been driving the ball and putting well.

Thinking I could have toughed it out and played Magnolia this morning. The weather was worse in the DR for my first two rounds in April and I got it around okay.

• Like 2

Played in a mixed Ambrose (Scramble) with my daughter, and a friend and his daughter. The conditions were really tough, with wind gusting over 40mph. Down wind I hit a pitching wedge 160 yards, just a little more than normal.

We eagled our 15th and 18th holes to finish 5 under, and won the best gross score for the day. Both girls hit some great shots, my daughter holed a couple of longish putts for par to keep us in the game.

I won a Nearest the Pin on a 200 yards hole playing straight into the wind (before it got crazy strong) put it to 2 foot after hitting the pin. Won a crappy umbrella! One of the other par 3s was $100 for NTP, another was a 43" TV. Picked the wrong par 3

• Like 2

I went out Friday afternoon to play/practice alone, but was joined by a young guy on the 1st tee. Nice kid - 1/2 my age and about twice my distance off the tee. Good reminder of what I've learned over the years - my ball was 220 yards ahead in the fairway, his was 250 yards ahead and 75 yards sideways. I was hitting well, and at the end of our round he couldn't believe that I took him 81 to 98.

Saturday morning, I played with some buddies. The course had just had the greens dressed with sand, it rained a ton earlier in the week (drainage isn't good here), and my driver had left the building... early morning dew made the greens even worse - you putt, and the ball doubles in size with sand as it stops 1/2 way to the hole... we all shot 90's...

Today, going with a buddy to play a couple courses about 1 hour away. Not sure how the weather was there, not sure if my driver will return, but I'm playing golf!!!

• Like 3

Played a solid if unspectacular 18. Shot an 88 even through greens being overseeded and hairier than a yeti. Distance judging was impossible, one putt had to bounce 4-5 times another rolled smooth as butter. My driving was much improved and more importantly I finally got my irons to work. I hit around 3-4 lasers dead straight and a few that ended up within feet of the pin. Only downside was I had 3 7's on the card. When I messed up on a hole, I couldn't recover.

• Like 2

played better than more score today.... if you know what I mean.

Hit the ball well, excellent approach shots, on most greens in regulation, good, well-placed drives.

The greens were TREACHEROUS.

Not sure who p'd off the greenskeeper but the pins were on hills and if you missed a slightly tapped putt you were rolling off.

No 4-putts but took a while to get the speed down, and even then if you weren't on line...

42/41 - 83 but probably could've been closer to 79 or 80.

Absolutely beautiful day in New England. Leaves are starting to turn, grass is greening back up, baby blue sky with not a cloud up there, no wind, low 70's. Top 10 golf day!

I remember those early fall days. Nothing like them. Hoping for a couple when we go to the mountains next weekend.

I also remember that they can really get the greens fast because there's no worry about the sun baking them out. Because the grass doesn't grow as quickly they stay fast too.

• Like 1

Played 18, worked on putting my drills I did to get my swing to not be so much in-to-out into a full swing on the course. It was ugly at times, but I also hit some good drives by the last two holes. It's going to be awhile before I can get back to the 70's again, but I still enjoyed being outside in the awesome weather!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won a Nearest the Pin on a 200 yards hole playing straight into the wind (before it got crazy strong) put it to 2 foot after hitting the pin. Won a crappy umbrella! One of the other par 3s was $100 for NTP, another was a 43" TV. Picked the wrong par 3

Congratulations!  A crappy umbrella for a 200y par 3 into the wind??  What were the other par 3's?  250y??  Only thing that would make it worse is if you holed the shot!!

• Like 1