How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Why I love November golf in Southern Utah; 65*, sunny, and nobody plays the courses I like to play this time of year so I have the course to myself. Only thing that could get better is my golf game, which is unfortunate cuz that isn't happening [emoji19] I couldn't get any putts to fall today and ended up shooting 82. IMG_1478984145.901526.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G30 9*

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X-Forged 3-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 52*

:ping-small:  Glide 58*

Putter:   :taylormade-small: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

Played Pinehurst Foursomes, played solidly, so did my partner. 74/68. We couldn't hole any birdie putts, but had 14 par putts of less than 2 foot. Our only birdie came from a chip in. We finished second, but qualified first for matchplay top four next week. Didn't drive it great, irons were solid, hit a lot of close but not in putts.

• Like 3

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I managed an 85 today, 43/42 with one birdie on the front

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.pngPXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.pngPXG 0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*)w/Recoil ES regular shaft

Irons: image.jpeg.a9bdc584c1101795e6b77ee50f22a398.jpegBen Hogan Ptx 5-PW w/Recoil 660 Regular graphite shafts w/Lamkin I-line grips…. soon to be Titleist T300

Wedges: image.jpeg.a9bdc584c1101795e6b77ee50f22a398.jpegBen Hogan Tkt-15 (49*/53*/57*) w/Recoil 660 Regular shafts 

Putter: 33”   Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black). 

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Using Shot Scope V3 and MG4000 Rangefinder

image.png

I came in at 83 this morning after sitting in the club house for 2 hours on frost delay... gradually peeled layers off all morning. Driver was good, approach shots are getting harder to stick due to the greens getting harder, and only 2 birdies - I couldn't buy a putt - 37 putts today.

• Like 1

Hope to play Thursday.  Going to be almost 70* here in Central IL.

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade M6 10.5*

FW: Callaway Steelhead Plus 4 wood

Hybrid: 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Arm Lock
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft X 
Handicap index:  +2.1

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Not a good weekend.  Very windy on Sat; struggled to shoot 84.  On Sun it rained for the first 11 holes and I was +13; the rain stopped on 11 and I shot -2 the rest of the way.  We didn't post a score because my wife tore up the scorecard somewhere around hole 12; it was not one of her better days.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My 3 course club had our Ryder cup style matches this weekend. You had to qualify through season points to be able to play. I ended up winning the points race so I qualified. 
We had a nice Pairing Party on Friday night. Me and an older guy I play with a lot were selected as the A players for the Blue team. 2 of the more well known Am's at our clubs were paired together as the A players for the Red team. 

Saturday was match play with 9 holes of 4 ball and 9 holes of alternate shot. I didn't bring my A game the first few holes but came on late. We ended up taking down the Red team's A squad 2 and 1.

The 2nd match of the day was at a nearby course where we played a 9 hole scramble with the Red team's B squad. We got unlucky with a few breaks but closed them out 3 and 1. 

Sunday was singles matches at the 3rd club in our Rotation. We were paired again with the A squad from the Red team. I constantly played from trouble the first 12 holes and found myself 3 down with 6 to play. My partner, on the other hand, took care of his match 3 and 2. I fought back enough to make it interesting and ended up losing 1 down on 18. My poor putting was really the story of the weekend. I haven't been playing much or practicing at all and it showed. I guess I am doomed to be a streaky putter.

Despite my poor putting, we had a great time and did enough to help the Blue team secure a victory! 

• Like 3

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

After the lousy weekend weather and play, today was a better day but the wind was still blowing.  Mondays are my walking days with the guys from the club.  I seem to play better with them than I do when I play with my wife.  I struck the ball better and putting started to come around late.  I managed to shoot 81; nothing real bad, nothing real good, for my last GHIN round of the year.  

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Getting to play tomorrow for the first time in two weeks.  Looking forward to it.  67 and sunny in Maryland in late November, can't do too much better than that. 

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Getting to play tomorrow for the first time in two weeks. Looking forward to it. 67 and sunny in Maryland in late November, can't do too much better than that.

Enjoy your round brother! I may play tomorrow myself [emoji378]

• Like 2

Cleveland Launcher XL 10.5 Driver
Cleveland Launcher xl halo hy-wood 18 Degree
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 7- wood
Cleveland Launcher XL Irons 5 - PW 
Cleveland CBX 2 50 & 54 Degree Wedge
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
TaylorMade
Spider X Hydro Blast Single Bend Putter

Square Strike Wedge aka pocket picker 

70's in Missouri a week before Thanksgiving... but gusty 2-4 club wind howling all day. I squeaked out an 86 this afternoon and felt pretty good about it!

70's in Missouri a week before Thanksgiving... but gusty 2-4 club wind howling all day. I squeaked out an 86 this afternoon and felt pretty good about it!

Good fricking score in that weather!   Enough wind to blow at least a couple of ya cows over huh?

• Like 1

Cleveland Launcher XL 10.5 Driver
Cleveland Launcher xl halo hy-wood 18 Degree
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 7- wood
Cleveland Launcher XL Irons 5 - PW 
Cleveland CBX 2 50 & 54 Degree Wedge
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
TaylorMade
Spider X Hydro Blast Single Bend Putter

Square Strike Wedge aka pocket picker 

Does Top Golf count? Went in Vegas last night and striped it all over the range which was good for the money games. Flying back to NY tonight and then down to Sea Island tomorrow for a weekend of PGA golf and three rounds at Sea Island myself. Plantation on Saturday morning, Retreat on Sunday and Seaside on Monday for the day after tournament.

WITB

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* GD AD DI 7x

:callaway-small: X2Hot 3 Deep GD AD GT 8x

:callaway-small: Apex UW 17* GD AD GT 8x

PXG 0317 22* Nippon G.O.S.T X

PXG 0311 5 -PW KBS $Taper 130

PXG Sugar Daddy 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG TI S400

L.A.B. Golf Mezz.1 34"

Does Top Golf count? Went in Vegas last night and striped it all over the range which was good for the money games. Flying back to NY tonight and then down to Sea Island tomorrow for a weekend of PGA golf and three rounds at Sea Island myself. Plantation on Saturday morning, Retreat on Sunday and Seaside on Monday for the day after tournament.

How's the Vegas TG? I'm a big fan of the franchise; the pics of that place look ridiculous. I was there in Jan, but it wasn't quite finished at that point.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x 
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Played what I believe is my final round of 2016 yesterday.  It was 74* and windy but an awesome day for the middle of November.  The course was in great shape, they had the leaves taken care of and I hit the ball better than I expected.  Usually my rounds are very boring, but yesterday I had a chip in, hit a flag stick (yes I made the putt) and finished with back to back birdies to end the year.  Final score was a 71 (-1).  I will take that for November and I am looking forward to 2017. I will get to play early in January in Boca Raton.

• Like 3

Driver: Taylormade M6 10.5*

FW: Callaway Steelhead Plus 4 wood

Hybrid: 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Arm Lock
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft X 
Handicap index:  +2.1

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

How's the Vegas TG? I'm a big fan of the franchise; the pics of that place look ridiculous. I was there in Jan, but it wasn't quite finished at that point.

The Vegas Top Golf is awesome. It is part of MGM so it has some "perks" that other locations my not have. This was my second time there and had a blast both times. It is not cheap the way we go but it is always a fun night out. The next day was a little rough as expected.

• Like 1

WITB

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* GD AD DI 7x

:callaway-small: X2Hot 3 Deep GD AD GT 8x

:callaway-small: Apex UW 17* GD AD GT 8x

PXG 0317 22* Nippon G.O.S.T X

PXG 0311 5 -PW KBS $Taper 130

PXG Sugar Daddy 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG TI S400

L.A.B. Golf Mezz.1 34"

Pinehurst Foursomes matchplay semi final today. Bizarre match, we were playing pretty ordinary golf, but our opponents were worse. We were 4 up through 5, with 1 birdie, our opponents had 3 X 3 putts at this stage.

They birdied 8&9, we butchered 10 to be be 1 up after 10. Stemmed the flow and got a win on 13 to go 2 up again. We lost a hole after a 40 yd chip in, and the same guy hit the pin out of the bunker on the next (16th) hole. They 3 putted 17 to give us the win 2 and 1.

Final next Saturday, after my work Christmas party Friday night, I might need to behave.

• Like 1

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy