How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

It was difficult to dial back my tempo into a hit and wait for both rounds of the tournament. We we behind the Flat Bellies groups and we played to a 5 1/2 hour round both days. I know this destroyed some folks that routinely play fast. I know I lost concentration at times then when it was finally my turn to hit, I screwed up. Why is it that when the Club Championship comes around, pace of play goes out the window and play grinds to a halt? Does this happen to other Club Championships? BTW, since we host a number of winter residents, our Championship has always been in the winter.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yes it does. It happens at every club that I've ever been a member at.

I finally played yesterday. after nearly a month off. I shot 83 with quad and a triple. I'm actually quite happy though as I found something and played great golf from 6-17. The something was called the proper tempo. I don't recall the last time that it seemed so effortless to hit golf shots. I've been chasing that for two years quite frankly. I was 3 over in that stretch. That would put me on pace to shoot in the mid to high 70's. That equates to a low handicap on a course tgats 72.7/134.

On the down side I was an absolute train wreck in the traps. I need to get to the short game area after church tomorrow. :)

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Still snow on the ground but doing a little Sunday putting with the little man. attachicon.gif20170212_110431

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Awesome!  Got one of those putting greens for XMas.  Lotta fun!  You're little man looks good.

• Like 1

I got something to say then I'm gonna say it. 

Played Indian Peaks today, fun track with incredible views of the Rockies. Ugly double from the middle of the fairway on #1. Worked it back to even through #17 and finished level. 12/14 fairways, 15/18 greens. Left half a dozen birds out there but pleasantly surprised how well the suspect shoulder feels after a full loop.

• Like 3

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Played Indian Peaks today, fun track with incredible views of the Rockies. Ugly double from the middle of the fairway on #1. Worked it back to even through #17 and finished level. 12/14 fairways, 15/18 greens. Left half a dozen birds out there but pleasantly surprised how well the suspect shoulder feels after a full loop.

Nice shooting DLK!  I've give my left gonad to play that well :unsure: 

• Like 2

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

50 Players today at Pebble Creek......I shot 41/45:86....[emoji37]. I just about bogied my way around the back nine today after a good front nine.

Weather was georgeous with Temp in low 70's(we played from 8 AM to 12.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Today I was able to get out and walk 9. It felt SO good! I haven't played in almost two months due to the job change and training. I hit the ball well, and I was burning the lips of the cups with my new Edel! I just gotta get my speed down with it. It was about 71* and overcast with a very slight breeze. I had the whole front 9 to myself and really enjoyed walking and listening to some 80's R&B!!!! Great day.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

I got to play early this morning - been awhile since we finished 18 before lunch! Cooler to start, but good for February.

Not sure why, but my tempo was off - basically rushed on most of my round. I caught myself and played well for a bit, then fell back to the crap... several times... salvaged an 87, but with 3 balls in the water and only 4 GIR!

Tomorrow, I will hopefully regain my focus...

• Like 3

Hit the ball ok today, didnt putt too well, managed an 85, but it could have been much worse. Playing Pinehurst#2 tomorrow, should be fun no matter how I play.

• Like 3

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I played the first round of the season yesterday. The course was so crowded that it was a 10 minute wait on every hole.

I shot +4 on the front. The back started out Okay with 2 pars and a bogey, then........... the wind picked up and the temp dropped enough that I was cold. That, and Just getting tired from all the waiting, my attitude went south and I ended up + 15 on the back. It was a 5.5 hour round..... ridiculous!

• Like 3

Shot a 43/42:85 today. Gamed the Wilson Triton today and blasted every drive....best was 230! Had some issues chipping. Weather was absolutely gorgeous mid 70's.

• Like 3

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Played early with the first morning dew on the greens that I've seen in awhile.

39/42:81 - focus was on tempo, which was better, but I lost it a few times.

• Like 4

I just want to say I hate my short game.  Shot 35/39=74 but had a double after chunking 2 chip shots on a hole.  I practice and seem to do fine on the practice greens,  but when I have to execute on the course i end up with chunked shots.  So frustrating!!!!!

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I just want to say I hate my short game.  Shot 35/39=74 but had a double after chunking 2 chip shots on a hole.  I practice and seem to do fine on the practice greens,  but when I have to execute on the course i end up with chunked shots.  So frustrating!!!!!

I resemble those shots!  Still a very nice score.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I resemble those shots!  Still a very nice score.

Thanks.  It really was a good day.  I only missed one fairway and that was by about 2 feet.  I hit 11 greens and had 28 putts with only 11 on the front side.  I did hit one OB on the front.  Everything worse than par was directly the result of a bad chip/pitch shot.    i need to start going to the course and work on my short game or maybe even take another lesson.  I think i have tweaked with the swing so much that I am just making everything worse.  

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Thanks.  It really was a good day.  I only missed one fairway and that was by about 2 feet.  I hit 11 greens and had 28 putts with only 11 on the front side.  I did hit one OB on the front.  Everything worse than par was directly the result of a bad chip/pitch shot.    i need to start going to the course and work on my short game or maybe even take another lesson.  I think i have tweaked with the swing so much that I am just making everything worse.  

I firmly believe that we all need to have a coaches point of view periodically.  They can see things for what they are, while we think we are doing it perfectly.  haha   

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

36 holes today! Started in the rain, then it cleared off and turned out to be a nice day.

I got my tempo back under control, and shot an even 80 both rounds.

Highlight of the day was the first round on #8 (our par 3 signature hole). It runs along side a lake - anything short, left, or long is in the water. Right is on a hillside. It measured 127 to the pin today, with a 2 club wind straight in our face. Hit it to 4 inches.

2nd time around, the wind had died down, and sad but true, I was a little upset with my shot leaving a 6 foot birdie putt. ;)

• Like 4

Thanks. It really was a good day. I only missed one fairway and that was by about 2 feet. I hit 11 greens and had 28 putts with only 11 on the front side. I did hit one OB on the front. Everything worse than par was directly the result of a bad chip/pitch shot. i need to start going to the course and work on my short game or maybe even take another lesson. I think i have tweaked with the swing so much that I am just making everything worse.

Is it safe to say the turf is a little sloppy in your neck of the woods this time of year? It definitely is at my course. I used to exclusively play a steep, edge down, high spin short game. And when that was my only system I would have a lot of trouble with mushy turf. I have since learned to use the bounce more and get kinda shallow and splashy with a mushy lie for example.

On the mental side, unless there is danger lurking long, I try to commit to a target 3 feet beyond the hole any time the lie is less than ideal. You're much more likely to accelerate through impact and make quality contact. If it comes out a little dead due to the suspect lie, you still end up close to the hole.

Finally, you already said it, practice exclusively non-preferred lies and you will be amazed how fast your short game improves. Falling in love with my short game practice (no $$$ for green fees) over one Summer, took me from putt 'em out 75 to 70 and kept it there for 5 years with minimal maintenance.

• Like 2

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan