TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Different tale from yesterday. No rain and i was able to shoot so much better. Knocked 9 strokes off yesterdays round. 8 iron through wedge were pin seekers.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Driver: Taylormade M2 - Fujikura Pro 60

3 Wood: Taylormade M1 - Graphite Design BB-6X

Irons: Srixon Z745  5-PW - UST Recoils 110

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3  54,60* - UST Recoils 125

Putter: Cleveland Elevado CB

Ball: Vice Pro

Played Wentworth GC in Tarpon Springs, FL today with some buds from Pebble Creek GC(both clubs owned by same company).  Wentworth is the harder course.  That said, I shot horrible because I was pulling most of my drives and could not stay in the fairway (48/49:97). HOWEVER, I did EAGLE Hole #5 (Par 5)! Driver down the middle, then a 200 yd 2 Hybrid followed by a 6 foot putt.  Made the day worth it.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

new lesson learned never go to the gym then try and walk 18. And that's all I have to say about that

My friend, that is truly hardcore.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

So I played 9 today with one of my best playing companions...

29354858_10216155235142267_2609836414766411883_o.jpg

So that's always a great thing. My round? Not great, but no one got hurt. Made a couple of ridiculous pars (see 5 and 6).

https://dashboard.golfpadgps.com/round/RBKTH7NQ#1

Still making some weird swings after the surgery. I'm going to keep blaming the surgery as long as I can.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

So that's always a great thing. My round? Not great, but no one got hurt. Made a couple of ridiculous pars (see 5 and 6).

https://dashboard.golfpadgps.com/round/RBKTH7NQ#1

#6 was especially awesome haha. I don't even know how the trees let you get the ball over that far. Can't wait to see what doozies you have for us with Arccos 360.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I'm working on having a golf swing by then and not hitting shots like that. I'm still wondering myself how I manged to hit it that high and that far left off the tee.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Played Wentworth GC in Tarpon Springs, FL today with some buds from Pebble Creek GC(both clubs owned by same company).  Wentworth is the harder course.  That said, I shot horrible because I was pulling most of my drives and could not stay in the fairway (48/49:97). HOWEVER, I did EAGLE Hole #5 (Par 5)! Driver down the middle, then a 200 yd 2 Hybrid followed by a 6 foot putt.  Made the day worth it.

THAT is awesome! It is indeed amazing how one hole can make up for all the other crummy ones, isn't it? The round before last for me was...meh...but I totally drove the last 2 holes very well and it made all the other "badness" disappear from my memory. Searching for that dream round when it all comes together is the true pursuit to this funny little game.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Well, I went to the course today and covered all the ground, but you could hardly call what I did today "playing golf."

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

... LOL, I know your post is meant in jest but I play a ton as a single, especially the last 30 days here in Phoenix getting paired up every single day. Or at least 28 out of 30. ; ) But to me, the truly wonderful thing about this game is as a + index I play the same course and go thru the same frustrations as an 18 index. Where they may top the ball and roll it 30 yds on a 155 yd shot, I hit mine a hair thin or fat and come up 5 yards short. Both of us are unhappy with our results.

... I am always a little chagrinned at those that think they are "holding me back" or "slowing me down" because of their "bad play". Golf might be the only game where players of radically different abilities can play side by side and suffer the exact same joy and disappointment, just to different benchmarks. I may be very disappointed in a par after a big drive, an iron shot to 8 feet and a missed birdie putt, just like my 24 index pard is very disappointed in a typical sliced drive, a decent iron short of the green, a mediocre chip to 28 feet and a 2 putt, missing a 4 foot bogie putt. Both of us walking off the green shaking our heads thinking we should have been one stroke better than our score. And I have most certainly had some of my most memorable days playing with high index players that were just a joy to share 4-5 hours walking and talking about both golf and life. It truly is an amazing game!

What an insightful and articulate response. You're exactly right. I've never played with anybody who didn't hit both shots they were disappointed in and shots they were thrilled with. It usually happens to me on the same hole. (Today I stuck it about 15 feet on a 135 par 3 and proceeded to 3 putt.) And, like you said, everyone walks off thinking they could have been a couple of strokes better, no matter their level.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I love playing golf regardless of my score. Don't get me wrong, I'm always trying to improve. For me I've found the thing that others search their whole life for. I find myself cheering at my"awesome" shots and laughing at others. I've had partners throw clubs, cuss, yell, kick the cart, and that just makes me laugh harder. Life is just too short.

sent from planet Nebulon

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Today I shot a 43/42:85, much better than yesterday. Plus I played the entire round with one ball, a ProV1, unlike yesterday's 8 lost balls....LOL

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Today I shot a 43/42:85, much better than yesterday. Plus I played the entire round with one ball, a ProV1, unlike yesterday's 8 lost balls....LOL

Fickle game! That's the beauty of golf.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

So, does the mean you lost all those MTB Reds already?   :D   Which feels better... MTB Red of PV1, or are they about the same.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Damn fun day out there yesterday!

We switched up from our normal 3-on-1 scramble and paired up as teams for match play. Me with the "old" man vs. the boyfriend/girlfriend team, and we all just had a fantastic time. Fairly evenly matched, we ultimately "won" but I couldn't tell you by what score...too many sips of the rhumitz medicine... :rolleyes: 

Anyhow, I played much better overall and helped contribute to several solid pars ( I think we had 8 in a row at one point) and we had 2 fantastic birdies to boot! Being able to hit in my net at home is really paying dividends, so too was my new putter grip style with my left hand down-way more solid & straight putts this way for me.

I did start with my regular E6 Softy, but played the new "Snelley" (with a PV1 in the mix for a bit) to start in on some on-course comparative analysis. All I can tell you about the Snell at this time is...well...WOW! More to come on that ...Sorry y'all are just gonna have to wait for the official  review to drop :ph34r: 

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Damn fun day out there yesterday!

We switched up from our normal 3-on-1 scramble and paired up as teams for match play. Me with the "old" man vs. the boyfriend/girlfriend team, and we all just had a fantastic time. Fairly evenly matched, we ultimately "won" but I couldn't tell you by what score...too many sips of the rhumitz medicine... :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I played much better overall and helped contribute to several solid pars ( I think we had 8 in a row at one point) and we had 2 fantastic birdies to boot! Being able to hit in my net at home is really paying dividends, so too was my new putter grip style with my left hand down-way more solid & straight putts this way for me.

I did start with my regular E6 Softy, but played the new "Snelley" (with a PV1 in the mix for a bit) to start in on some on-course comparative analysis. All I can tell you about the Snell at this time is...well...WOW! More to come on that ...Sorry y'all are just gonna have to wait for the official review to drop :ph34r:

Shhhhh

Rick

Left Hand, 

First round and only the second time swinging the clubs since last fall didn't equal a good score. But I did win all the money in our group

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Played incredibly terrible except for off the tee which was a huge surprise. Hit every tee shot pretty middle with some drawing just a little bit but kept either chunking my approach shots or just miscalculating the yardage and flying greens. Putting was ehh. Still getting use to the new putter and the stroke I have to make with it. Enjoyed the day out on the course either way though!

IMG_2206.JPGIMG_2207.JPG

Irons: Standard length and Lie

Driver: 10.5 regular flex standard length

Putter: ER5 35'

RH

NC

20HCP

Had another great idea.... drive home 5hrs then walk 18. Wasnt as bad as the gym/golf round but not much better. I have been yanking my 3w and it was my go to club. A driving range visit may be in order

I never play well the first round after a trip.  If I can get out to play the same day as driving, I get that throwaway round out of the way.  Otherwise, I play poorly the next day.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

After 22 years of playing Dynamic Gold in my irons (sets either had Tour Issue X100, AMT X100, DG S400 or DG X100), I switched to KBS C-Taper S+. 

I've only played twice with the new shafts...

In the last 20 rounds with DG, my GIRs were about 67%. Not too bad...12 out of 18 GIRs.

C-Tapers are at 83%...15 out of 18 GIRs. The dispersion and proximity to the pin have vastly improved as well despite the noticeably higher ball flight. Spin control on short irons is night and day different. DG short irons would spin that ball right off the front of the green. C-Taper still have a good amount of spin, but that ball doesn't have as much reverse action. 

This is the equivalent of eating steak for 22 years and then realizing if you batter that steak, deep fry it, add some gravy to it...well...it's even better! 

Monday's round: 69 - Woodforest Golf Club - Montgomery, TX

Friday's round: 68 - Moody Gardens GC - Galveston, TX

Now to heat up the flat stick!

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Having a bit of a mental dilemma... 

I hit the ball far enough with my long irons to hang with my buddies drivers and my 3w out drives them all. My driver can carry 300 but it's wildly inaccurate---away from the simulator. When I work out in the simulator and get to groove a driver swing I get these gorgeous baby draws that can reach 315. The problem is it isn't carrying over to the course yet. Yesterday was my fourth round out and it was the first time I really focused on hitting the 3w in most driveable holes. 

So... Knowing I have the potential to have a major weapon in my driver---do I sacrifice scoring over the next few months to really work on my driving accuracy---or do I just keep the driver in the bag except for the 1-2 really open holes per round? My gut says continuing with my driver will help me get to my potential quicker---but it will be a bumpy ride. My competitive nature tells me to bag the driver until I am really confident with it and keep working with teh 3w off the tee as, right now, it gives me the best chance to score well in teh short term? 

:mizuno-small: ST 180 Driver & 3W

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4i-GW

:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges

The same putter I used since I was 12 years old

#TrustTheProcess 

41-42=83, not bad but didn't feel good. I think I broke my Ping G driver. Going to bring it to Golf Shop tomorrow. Sound & distance were off, can't be operator error can it

Putted well 13 on the front, 15 back.

Rick

Left Hand, 

41-42=83, not bad but didn't feel good. I think I broke my Ping G driver. Going to bring it to Golf Shop tomorrow. Sound & distance were off, can't be operator error can it

Putted well 13 on the front, 15 back.

Seriously dude, didn't I tell you about downshifting that power move of yours!  :D

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Seriously dude, didn't I tell you about downshifting that power move of yours! :D

Power what?? More like moving my fat arse

Rick

Left Hand, 

Power what?? More like moving my fat arse

Shhhhhhh don't be telling that senior secret  ;) lol

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Classic case of not how, how many. Played with my daughter on a truly stunning course I haven't played for 15 plus years. Swung the club all over the place, misread a few putts, chunked a couple of chips, ended up 8 over playing off 7, 80 off the stick. Amazed my score wasn't much higher.

My daughter struggled a bit, her good was great, her bad was awful. The front 9 was difficult to concentrate due to the stunning views, hoping to get some pics up when I have better internet access.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Having a bit of a mental dilemma...

I hit the ball far enough with my long irons to hang with my buddies drivers and my 3w out drives them all. My driver can carry 300 but it's wildly inaccurate---away from the simulator. When I work out in the simulator and get to groove a driver swing I get these gorgeous baby draws that can reach 315. The problem is it isn't carrying over to the course yet. Yesterday was my fourth round out and it was the first time I really focused on hitting the 3w in most driveable holes.

So... Knowing I have the potential to have a major weapon in my driver---do I sacrifice scoring over the next few months to really work on my driving accuracy---or do I just keep the driver in the bag except for the 1-2 really open holes per round? My gut says continuing with my driver will help me get to my potential quicker---but it will be a bumpy ride. My competitive nature tells me to bag the driver until I am really confident with it and keep working with teh 3w off the tee as, right now, it gives me the best chance to score well in teh short term?

I would play the club that gives me the best chance to score well. With your length, it sounds like you could get around the course easy enough with a three Wood. So I would go that route but continue to work on the Big Dog in the meantime.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12