How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I assume you mean Truvis (the soccer ball one).... did you notice if the ball appeared larger than a pure white ball? I hear that there is a bit of an optical illusion that makes it so.

Yep, Truvis, that's the one(damn autocorrect). Everything was okay until you putted, then the ball looked really weird rolling towards the hole.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

It was a sunny, cool day on my course that just opened this week.  Today was my first opportunity to get out, and all I can say is I'm out of shape!  I only walked nine holes today with one of my usual partners, and I am sore.  The course is still a little soggy in spots and the ball is not rolling in the fairways.  I actually had one plug.  The greens are also a little slow.  The pond in front of the clubhouse on #9 still has ice on it.  I limped around in +6.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Joined a local league that plays early am during the week.Their format is always a scramble.We shot a -9 which put us in a tie for 3rd

That's cool!  How'd you find the league?  I was thinking about it on the drive in this morning and wondering how people find leagues to play in...

I got something to say then I'm gonna say it. 

That's cool!  How'd you find the league?  I was thinking about it on the drive in this morning and wondering how people find leagues to play in...

My course has leagues in the late afternoons on Mon-Tue-Wed each week after daylight savings time starts.  Lots of businesses have leagues at different courses in the area.  Check with each course in your area. The Mon league is my company from which I retired 18 months ago.  I still fill in from time to time if my old team needs a player.  I find the leagues to be a pain because the only time my wife can play during the week is after work, so that means only Thu-Fri.  

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Shot 44/39:83 today with 2 Birdies. Funny thing, about 9:00 last night I decided to put my old Mizuno JPX800 5-8 and SCOR(41/45/49/53/57) irons in my bag.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Shot even par today after lipping out a 5 ft birdie putt on 18!

Shot 3 over on the front and 3 under on the back. I think I had about 6 or 7 lip outs today!

• Like 4

CC5 sig.png

Shot 3 over on the front and 3 under on the back. I think I had about 6 or 7 lip outs today!

Joe this looks like your year for sure!  New son on board and you're a golfing machine with those low scores coming in.  Well done!

• Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

I'm finally back after a few months off. It's been really busy between training a newbie at work, being home for the holiday, and then a ton of work. Add to that, we have our winter visitors here, meaning 4.5 hour rounds are the norm, unless you go at 4PM and hope you get to finish.

Two weeks ago I shot 85 and this week it was 95. It's tough when you don't play in a week and don't get to have a consistent golf weekend. Hopefully this will be the first of a few weeks in a row where I get to play a lot more.

• Like 1

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Your game was just sick today. Those lip outs were so close it was even killing me.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Driver - Cleveland Hi-Bore 10.5   (TaylorMade M1 10.5 on the way)

3 Wood - Currently looking

Hybrid - 913H 17* 21*

Irons - 714 AP1 5-AW

Wedges - Miura 53*, 58*

Putter - Peritti

Second time out this year. 9 holes after work. First time with the new ER2. Let's just say that there is some definite rust...lol. I shot +5 on the front 9. The ER2 was absolutely a great purchase. I LOVE this putter! It makes me want to put in the work to be worthy of it.

• Like 3

Shot 44/39:83 today with 2 Birdies. Funny thing, about 9:00 last night I decided to put my old Mizuno JPX800 5-8 and SCOR(41/45/49/53/57) irons in my bag.

Think it's time to recalculate that ole handicap Foz.... comparing what you write on here to your 17 handicap must mean you're a helluva sandbagger!   :P

• Like 4

I got something to say then I'm gonna say it. 

Shot a41/44:83 today with one birdie. This is the 2nd round with the Mizuno/SCOR combo set in the bag. Think I'll keep it in for a few more rounds. Then, maybe, I'll get them bent 2* flat. The winners were +3 (tie) and +2(3 tie) while I was +1...[emoji37]. My Cobra King did not perform spectacular today so I was constantly scrambling.

• Like 1

Weather... I played in shorts on Wednesday, and had to wait until 1:00 for it to get above freezing today...

It was just me and one other guy playing, and almost no one else at the course. We played 18 in 2 hours flat, then did it again.

I shot 43/43:86 the first go around, and 40/40:80 the second.

Seems strange that I've landed on the same number front and back a few times lately - too bad it's not closer to 36!

• Like 2

First 18 hole round on my course this year!  It's still a little soggy in spots.  The snow melted last weekend, but I think the ground is still frozen about 6 inches down, so the water is just sitting below the grass level.  Temp was 45 with a 15-20 mph wind.

In recognition of Barbajo's MacGregor purchase, I played my MacGregor VIP V-foil Tourneys and shot 81; 42/39 with one birdie and one double.  The chipping/pitching practice yesterday paid off.  I got up and down with my SCORs 5 out of 8 times from 10 yards and in.

• Like 3

Think it's time to recalculate that ole handicap Foz.... comparing what you write on here to your 17 handicap must mean you're a helluva sandbagger!   :P

Thanks striker, I need the encouragement. My game has finally started to come together, so I'm back on a downward trend.....hoping to see something in the 10-13 category by summers end!

• Like 3

Must have been the soccer ball

• Like 1

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Shot a41/44:83 today with one birdie. This is the 2nd round with the Mizuno/SCOR combo set in the bag. Think I'll keep it in for a few more rounds. Then, maybe, I'll get them bent 2* flat. The winners were +3 (tie) and +2(3 tie) while I was +1...[emoji37]. My Cobra King did not perform spectacular today so I was constantly scrambling.

Foz. Your math needs work.

Played a ABCD "Texas Scramble", it was a blast, we had a guy that got 1 stoke on every hole, we read his putts for him and he made a lot, we posted 5 eagles, and finished -19, but easily could have been -24. It was crazy. We came in second place for the day. Good times