How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Had a very interesting round Saturday: Played in a skins game, and started out double, par, double, birdie, birdie. Won a skin off the second birdie which was a nasty 10 foot side hill putt which broke 3-4 feet and I hit it directly in the side pocket. From there I played bogey or so golf. Ended up shooting 39/46 for a somewhat disappointing 85. Still hitting my driver pretty well although it was my irons turn to shine.

• Like 2

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

We've all been there... Just push through and throw up a good score on your next outing - that will make you forget about that bad round :)

MDGolfHacker

Well I kinda did that yesterday. I had 45 for 9 holes, which is better than my current handicap of 21.5. How we got there, is an adventure. Started off Par, Par and then proceeded to go triple, Par,Triple, bogey, bogey, bogey, par. 2 of those pars were good enough to earn me skins so there was that, but the lesson of the night is KEEP THE DAMN BALL IN PLAY. The 2 triples had me hitting 3 from the tee (flied one right OB, topped one into a forced carry water hazard). I hit a couple shots that I missed right that had they been on target would have set me up for an eagle and birdie putt (made par on both) but such is life.

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: R15 10.5 aldila Rogue Silver 60S
:callaway-logo-1: XR 16 3W
:mizuno-small: JPX 825 3H 19°
:taylormade-small: RSi1 irons 4-AW
:callaway-logo-1: MD3 54°
:mizuno-small:  S5 58°
:cameron-small:  X7M

Very frustrating day.  Was hitting my irons beautifully.  When I could, tee shot was only working half the time.  And didn't make a putt all day.  Good thing, only one double bogie (I usually have 3 or 4 or more, even on good days), bad thing, only 3 pars.  Feeling really good about the irons though, keeping my new found distance (club to club and a half longer) and getting much more accurate.  Playing again tomorrow, we're having the longest stretch of absolute perfect golf weather I can remember.  High of 80, sunny, light winds.

Next day, same course, same conditions.  Same Driver results, but only five or so 'quality' strikes with the irons, rest were just a bit off, with one awful. But putting and short game was much better, so shot 44/42 86.  3 doubles, 7 pars.  Wish the elements would come together in the same round more often.  Lately its been drive well, rest 'meh', flush irons, rest 'meh', good short game, rest 'meh'.  Scores are best when its the short game on, however. 

• Like 1

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I'm in the frustrated camp today :( Had my 9 hole golf league yesterday. Hit 86% of the fairways and a whooping 11% of the greens. Ended up in a lot of left greenside sand traps as I was pushing everyone of my approaches and of course my sand play was less than stellar. Back to the drawing board.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1X

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing:  2021:titelist-small: T200's (https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/19-test-in-progress-titleist-t-series-irons/?do=findReview&review=38)

I'm in the frustrated camp today :( Had my 9 hole golf league yesterday. Hit 86% of the fairways and a whooping 11% of the greens. Ended up in a lot of left greenside sand traps as I was pushing everyone of my approaches and of course my sand play was less than stellar. Back to the drawing board.

MDGolfHacker

Where in MD are you out of? I play/live in Cecil county.

:taylormade-small: R15 10.5 aldila Rogue Silver 60S
:callaway-logo-1: XR 16 3W
:mizuno-small: JPX 825 3H 19°
:taylormade-small: RSi1 irons 4-AW
:callaway-logo-1: MD3 54°
:mizuno-small:  S5 58°
:cameron-small:  X7M

Shot good again today- been on a tear for a few months now, with lots of low 70's.

• Like 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Getting my driver back in order, which is making things a lot easier. Tuesday, shot a 41/42:83, and today shot a 39/41:80. Both good scores for me - and hopefully on the road to better this season!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Where in MD are you out of? I play/live in Cecil county.

Anne arundel county. Quite a few of us in the Baltimore Metro area. We have a gathering this weekend on Sunday at compass Pointe if your interested. We play all around the DMV. Played Bulle Rock a couple times last year which BTW, I just saw was being put up for sale by the developers! Anybody have a couple million for it that I can borrow?! Lol

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1X

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing:  2021:titelist-small: T200's (https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/19-test-in-progress-titleist-t-series-irons/?do=findReview&review=38)

I'm playing twice a week now.

That's a huge reason I'm playing better than ever. Other reasons:

Callaway 816 driver, 3-wood, and hybrid -- these clubs are long and true, and easy to hit - par-5's are always in play now

Nike putter- a 3-putt is a rare event these days

The key to it all is a totally simplified swing. Solid base with weight on right instep during backswing - result is no "swaying"

Keeping the club face closed on backswing. - I have no idea why this helps so much, but it really makes all the difference in the world.

Hitting the ball hard. - this probably sounds funny, but to hit a good shot, you need to compress the ball. It's not a big long John Daly backswing, it's more like a John Rahm swing. Just enough to get the club in a position to really bring it at contact.

Laser rangefinder. - really knowing the distances, and really knowing how far you actually hit your clubs is EVERYTHING.

MY weakness is my really short chipping game. I don't practice that enough. When the pros are just off the green, they actually expect to hole out their chips. And if they don't, more often than not, they are within a very few feet.

That is the area that I know is my weakness, and I know that if I practice those situations more, I would really be a threat to break par at any given day.

But I choose to not have the time for that as I have too many other things I like to do. And I understand and accept that reality. I can't complain about my game, because I know what's working and what isn't, so for that reason, I'm out...

• Like 3

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Been playing really well recently. Was beating my buddy, who has played for 10+ years, yesterday by a couple of strokes. That is until the last hole, where I blew up. Everything is coming together it feels like. My putting has never been better. I cannot remember the last round with a 3 putt, and I feel like that may be one of the strongest parts of my game at the moment. I have the Sigma G Anser to thank for that.

Cannot wait for the rain to pass these next couple of days so I can get back out there.

• Like 3

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

No good! Everything was off today. Concentration was woeful, probably the cause of most of my problems.

• Like 1

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

No good! Everything was off today. Concentration was woeful, probably the cause of most of my problems.

Ugh.. feel ya, bro ;-)

Working on focusing / concentrating is such an oxymoron that we semi-/quasi-analytical types just cannot handle it for 1 - 1.2 seconds at a time...... :(

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Hit 3 friggin greens today... 3... All on the front. Horshoed 3-4 putts as well to shoot 37/44=81.

Did make an eagle tho so I guess there is that. But overall is the worst ballstriking round I can remember.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Shot a 43/41:84 today and did not win anything! But, I played very consistent.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

My wife was working today, so I waited around until she got off work around 3pm, then we hit the course.  Big mistake!!  The course was jammed on a really nice day.  All carts were out; we finally got one 3 minutes before our tee time.  We were paired with a twosome from out of town, and they weren't very good, but very friendly.  

After an opening birdie, it was all downhill.  My attitude sucks when play is slow.  My wife quit keeping score on hole #5, and we quit after nine holes played in 3 hours 10 minutes.  Playing early tomorrow!!

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played in our opening member/member this morning and in was interesting. Started out in very little wind and promptly went out and doubled the first two holes. Made birdie on three and eagle in four to get back to +1.....then the winds came. Played the rest of my round in 40 mph winds with gust near 60 mph. Struggled coming in and not even sure where i ended the day but high 70's would be my guess. There were three par 4s on the back dead into the wind that were not even reachable. On 14 I hit hybrid from 215 and came up 10 yards short. Fun day overall and it was great to get out and play. As a plus the HZRDUS Yellow in my 917D3 was an absolute winner. Striped it all day, unfortunately the rest of my game was very rusty.

• Like 4

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* MMT 60x

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15* MMT 70x

:callaway-small: Apex UW 17* HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80 6.5

:callaway-small: X Forged UT 24* MMT 105TX

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 5 - AW Steelfiber 115x

:callaway-small: PM Grind 2.0 54* $ 58* KBS $ Taper 120 Black

:ping-small: B90

Had a pretty good day on the course today.  Overall I was happy with the round,  but it should have been better.  Putter was hot and i was chipping/pitching pretty well.   Bad shots were pretty costly and I ended up with 4 doubles,  but had 3 birdies to help offset.   Round was 37-41:78

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

My goal today was to shoot 85. I cruised through the first 6 holes crushing drives and flushing irons. +2 so far. I get to the second par 5 and let's just say it was a dumpster fire. I duck hooked my drive into the woods. I gave myself 5 minutes to find my ball and I couldn't find it even though it didn't go that far in. Went back to the tee box and blocked my third shot to the right in the trees. Tried to hit a knock down 5 iron but caught it thin off of the pine straw and it only went about 50 yards into fairway. Had 207 into the green so went with a 4 hybrid and topped it. Then knocked a 7 iron pin high but off of the green to the right. Chipped on and two putted. My round never recovered after that. It was either par, bogey, or a double. Surprisingly 6 pars but still shot in the 90's. It was very discouraging, but I saw glimpses of progress from the recent hours at the range. Going to get a range session in tomorrow night and then walk 18 on Tuesday. I'm thinking about keeping a sheet with 1-100 on it and diary what each stroke was to give myself some insight. Anyone ever do this?

• Like 3

:cobra-small: King F8 9 deg w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 stiff shaft

:callaway-small:  XR 16 3 Wood S Flex

:cobra-small:  Fly-Z 3/4 Hybrid S Flex

:cobra-small:  King F7 One Length 5-PW S Flex

:cleveland-small:  CBX Wedges 50, 54, & 58 deg wedge flex

:cameron-small:  Select GoLo Putter

My goal today was to shoot 85. I cruised through the first 6 holes crushing drives and flushing irons. +2 so far. I get to the second par 5 and let's just say it was a dumpster fire. I duck hooked my drive into the woods. I gave myself 5 minutes to find my ball and I couldn't find it even though it didn't go that far in. Went back to the tee box and blocked my third shot to the right in the trees. Tried to hit a knock down 5 iron but caught it thin off of the pine straw and it only went about 50 yards into fairway. Had 207 into the green so went with a 4 hybrid and topped it. Then knocked a 7 iron pin high but off of the green to the right. Chipped on and two putted. My round never recovered after that. It was either par, bogey, or a double. Surprisingly 6 pars but still shot in the 90's. It was very discouraging, but I saw glimpses of progress from the recent hours at the range. Going to get a range session in tomorrow night and then walk 18 on Tuesday. I'm thinking about keeping a sheet with 1-100 on it and diary what each stroke was to give myself some insight. Anyone ever do this?

Sounds like it may be worth investing in a shot tracker system. Check in the equipment review threads for some info.
  • Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Played nine this afternoon with a grand daughter in tow. We had too much fun. I shot 39 on a windy day when I couldn't hole a putt. Nothing over five feet!

• Like 6

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.