Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

My wife and I played Saturday with the service manager and his boss at my Dodge dealer.  After my horrible play a week ago, my short game showed up again and shot 79 with a triple on a par 5... dang tree limb!!

On Sunday we played with two ladies from the club who's husbands were unavailable.  One left at zero dark thirty for Virginia, and the other had surgery last Thursday.  So, I was the token male of the group.  I played OK, but not great; shot 82.  It could have been worse, but my putting and my new Callaway Sure-Out sand wedge saved some errant approach shots.  It really is amazing that when you have no fear of hitting out of a bunker, shots out of that bunker become much easier.  The Sure-Out is the best club I have added to my bag in the past 10 years.

... 79 with a triple, nice job! Nothing more frustrating than a bogie on a par 5, unless of course it is a triple bogie! My son almost reached a 535 yd par 5 with driver 5 iron and was about 5yds short of the green. But he got greedy and went at a back pin running it thru the green and into very deep rough. He had a very fast downhill chip and babied it leaving it just on the fringe. So he took his medicine and hit a good chip that rolled 15 feet past the hole. Misjudged the speed back up the hill and left it 5 feet short. Lipped out that putt and it viciously slung back down the hill for another 5 footer that he lipped out on the other side and then tapped in for a triple bogie. 530yds in two and 30 yds in 6 strokes. That really smarts. 

... I had a similar 3rd shot about 10 yds short of the same green after hitting a 4 wood and left my pitch a good 10 feet below the hole. Left my birdie putt a few inches short and tapped in for my par. Greens had been cut and rolled that morning so quite fast downhill and a hair slow uphill. Course management meant a par instead of a birdie because being aggressive and rolling it past that hole by a few feet meant I would have to just put the ball in motion back downhill and there was a good chance it could wander off line. He is learning there are pins you can attack and others it is much better to be 10 feet below the hole than 3 feet above it. Or avoid tree limbs and take your medicine just punching out. ;)  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

81 this morning with 2 doubles. Couldn't putt. Found out that my Odyssey 7 Oworks Face is damaged. 2 of those little hinges were bend out at 90*, facing straight out. Pushed them back as best I could with a tee and rolling a ball back and forth across the face . I'm not happy with that design, seems fragile.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

81 this morning with 2 doubles. Couldn't putt. Found out that my Odyssey 7 Oworks Face is damaged. 2 of those little hinges were bend out at 90*, facing straight out. Pushed them back as best I could with a tee and rolling a ball back and forth across the face . I'm not happy with that design, seems fragile.

Two of my friends had similar issues and Odyssey sent them brand new latest model putters. Check with them!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Two of my friends had similar issues and Odyssey sent them brand new latest model putters. Check with them!

Thanks for the heads up!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Thanks for the heads up!

Actually I believe DawgDaddy was one of them.   Shoot him a PM and he will fill you in. 

Cleveland

Actually I believe DawgDaddy was one of them. Shoot him a PM and he will fill you in.

K

I send an email to customer service, let's see what happens.

Rick

Left Hand, 

K

I send an email to customer service, let's see what happens.

Yea a friend of mine who works in the golf department at Dicks had the mesh tear and they sent him a brand new putter too.  It seems there was a lot of problems with that particular model.  Heck I have one too however mine has not broke loose yet. 

Good luck!

Cleveland

44 on the front and 48 on the back - I was so close to breaking into the 80's today

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

44 on the front and 48 on the back - I was so close to breaking into the 80's today

Always next time!

Rick

Left Hand, 

The diary of Kenny B's good round today.

Walked with guys today.  Shot even par 37 on the front; missed a 6 foot putt for 36.  Shot +3 38 on the back for a round of 75.  Best round this year!!  A little better than typical around the greens; chipping is good, putter is hot!!

The details:

birdies = 2

pars = 11

bogeys = 5

Stats:

fairways  11/13

GIR  6

putts  26    

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Walked with guys today. Shot even par 37 on the front; missed a 6 foot putt for 36. Shot +3 38 on the back for a round of 75. Best round this year!! A little better than typical around the greens; chipping is good, putter is hot!!

The details:

birdies = 2

pars = 11

bogeys = 5

Stats:

fairways 11/13

GIR 6

putts 26

Well done Grasshopper

Rick

Left Hand, 

That sucks Rick hope it gets fixed for ya

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Walked with guys today. Shot even par 37 on the front; missed a 6 foot putt for 36. Shot +3 38 on the back for a round of 75. Best round this year!! A little better than typical around the greens; chipping is good, putter is hot!!

The details:

birdies = 2

pars = 11

bogeys = 5

Stats:

fairways 11/13

GIR 6

putts 26

Very nice

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Always next time!

Hopefully tomorrow - first day of men's league.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Walked with guys today.  Shot even par 37 on the front; missed a 6 foot putt for 36.  Shot +3 38 on the back for a round of 75.  Best round this year!!  A little better than typical around the greens; chipping is good, putter is hot!!

The details:

birdies = 2

pars = 11

bogeys = 5

Stats:

fairways  11/13

GIR  6

putts  26    

Nice round.  6 greens in regulation a norm for you? Looks like your short game was on fire.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

That sucks Rick hope it gets fixed for ya

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We'll see Odyssey Customer Service in action. I would hope they take this seriously and do the right thing.

Rick

Left Hand, 

We'll see Odyssey Customer Service in action. I would hope they take this seriously and do the right thing.

This is a bummer man! I just purchased that same putter a month back. Hopefully I don't run into the same problem. I'll be keeping a close eye on my putters face from here on out. Best of Luck! I have no doubt they will take care of Your situation.

Papa-Bear was Here. 

Nice round.  6 greens in regulation a norm for you? Looks like your short game was on fire.  

6 greens was a little light, norm is probably around 10; depends on the wind.  My lack of distance off the tee hurts on the longer par 4's and par 5's.  We also have one par 3 that usually plays around 200 and typically into a wind.  A lot of my approach shots are with FW/hybrids.

As I posted earlier in this thread, my score lives and dies by my short game.  If its on, then high 70's and low 80's although I did have a 73 last year.  If it's off, my scores are high 80's and I shot a 90 a week ago; first time since last summer.  It's why I spend a lot of time practicing chipping, pitching, and putting.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played yesterday morning and second consecutive round with 3 pars and 2 birdies, however also carded a 8 on a par 4 and a 6 on a par 3 for 89. I need to sort my putting out or rather speed control on the greens.

Ping G400 MAX 9*, Ping G 3 Wood, TM Aeroburner 4 Hybrid, 4- PW Ping I200, Vokey SM6  50, 54, 58, Cameron & Crown M2 Mallet.

Played yesterday morning and second consecutive round with 3 pars and 2 birdies, however also carded a 8 on a par 4 and a 6 on a par 3 for 89. I need to sort my putting out or rather speed control on the greens.

Just curious... how much time do you spend on the putting green?  On days you don't play, try to spend at least 30-40 minutes working on putting to various distances.  Don't putt a bunch of balls to one hole; mix it up.  You want to train your brain to recognize differences in distance.  The more you do this, the better you will become at judging the speed of a putt.  Make it a game, and have fun with it.

On days you play, do the same for 5 minutes to feel the speed of the greens that day, then focus on making 3-4 footers.  Those are the putts that you will have to make during the round after a long putt.  Try to make several in a row before you head to the tee, even 2 footers if you have to.  Your brain likes to see putts go in.  It will carry over onto the course.  

Just curious... how much time do you spend on the putting green?  On days you don't play, try to spend at least 30-40 minutes working on putting to various distances.  Don't putt a bunch of balls to one hole; mix it up.  You want to train your brain to recognize differences in distance.  The more you do this, the better you will become at judging the speed of a putt.  Make it a game, and have fun with it.

On days you play, do the same for 5 minutes to feel the speed of the greens that day, then focus on making 3-4 footers.  Those are the putts that you will have to make during the round after a long putt.  Try to make several in a row before you head to the tee, even 2 footers if you have to.  Your brain likes to see putts go in.  It will carry over onto the course.  

Thanks for those ideas. I spend very little time practicing putting, I'll hit the range and short game area but rarely the putting surface. The bolded part makes a great deal of sense.

On short putts I tell myself the ball will go in and hit the back of the cup, this seems to work more times than not. Longer putts I try and get within a two foot circle. Our club has 27 holes and none of the 9's have the same speed, in fact the practice putting green is a completely different speed to the course's green. I did a Aimpoint Express course a couple of years ago when I first started playing, when I use that concept my misses are smaller.

Ping G400 MAX 9*, Ping G 3 Wood, TM Aeroburner 4 Hybrid, 4- PW Ping I200, Vokey SM6  50, 54, 58, Cameron & Crown M2 Mallet.

Thanks for those ideas. I spend very little time practicing putting, I'll hit the range and short game area but rarely the putting surface. The bolded part makes a great deal of sense.

On short putts I tell myself the ball will go in and hit the back of the cup, this seems to work more times than not. Longer putts I try and get within a two foot circle. Our club has 27 holes and none of the 9's have the same speed, in fact the practice putting green is a completely different speed to the course's green. I did a Aimpoint Express course a couple of years ago when I first started playing, when I use that concept my misses are smaller.

yes, that can be a problem. I wonder why they can't maintain the greens at similar speed?  I guess it just gives your brain more info to store.  Best of luck on that one!!

I used to play at a 9-hole executive course where the greens were very slow and the practice green was completely different.  No other course in town had greens that slow.  It made playing other courses almost impossible.  That was one of the reasons I moved to a bigger course.  

Strugled..couldn't hit a green or a fairway. I almost walked off around 13 after another pushed tee shot. Bad timing as league starts Wednesday. Driving range in the morning for sure. I did did hit a few good shots. Hit a low draw 5i from 180 under trees from the dirt and over water pin high to the fringe. Up and down.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

This is a bummer man! I just purchased that same putter a month back. Hopefully I don't run into the same problem. I'll be keeping a close eye on my putters face from here on out. Best of Luck! I have no doubt they will take care of Your situation.

Mines a year old so hope they have fixed that flaw. I'll post what happens with Odyssey.

Rick

Left Hand, 

We have the same problem on green speeds. Front may be fast, back slow or vice vera. Irritating.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Just curious... how much time do you spend on the putting green? On days you don't play, try to spend at least 30-40 minutes working on putting to various distances. Don't putt a bunch of balls to one hole; mix it up. You want to train your brain to recognize differences in distance. The more you do this, the better you will become at judging the speed of a putt. Make it a game, and have fun with it.

On days you play, do the same for 5 minutes to feel the speed of the greens that day, then focus on making 3-4 footers. Those are the putts that you will have to make during the round after a long putt. Try to make several in a row before you head to the tee, even 2 footers if you have to. Your brain likes to see putts go in. It will carry over onto the course.

Days that I play putt for 15 +minutes. Days not playing no schedule, get out when I can.

Rick

Left Hand, 

We have the same problem on green speeds. Front may be fast, back slow or vice vera. Irritating.

Yep it makes more difficult especially when having speed issues. It also makes chipping on interesting as your never to sure whether the ball is going to run or stop. Guess that's just another challenge to overcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 greens was a little light, norm is probably around 10; depends on the wind. My lack of distance off the tee hurts on the longer par 4's and par 5's. We also have one par 3 that usually plays around 200 and typically into a wind. A lot of my approach shots are with FW/hybrids.

As I posted earlier in this thread, my score lives and dies by my short game. If its on, then high 70's and low 80's although I did have a 73 last year. If it's off, my scores are high 80's and I shot a 90 a week ago; first time since last summer. It's why I spend a lot of time practicing chipping, pitching, and putting.

We definitely have the same game style. Driven by GIR and how well the up and downs go when missing greens.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Played well on Sunday. I have been working on my game trying to get ready for tournament golf. It's getting close. Shot a (-6) 66. Best round of the year. Just need to stay patient and keep that mind frame next week at the US Open qualifier.

IMG_7552.PNG

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Played absolutely horrible today. Yesterday I got a 92 today a 104. All due to stupid mistakes, which I figured out around #16  - live and learn. On the other hand I won $22.00 not bad for a $5. skins investment. . 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart