MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

43/44 = 87 warmest day of the year so far.

6 fairways 5 GIR 35 putts 1-4 3-3 putts long course.

• Like 3

Got out on Saturday and trying to get in tournament shape. was +4 after 6. Ended the front 9 at +4. Then shot -4 on the back for an even par round. Started off so poorly. Gotta get a little sharper 

• Like 4

45/41:86 at Palm Harbor in the Palm Coast. Won $1 from my buddy in a Nassau. I had 2 birdies on the back nine. Not bad for a first timer on the course with hidden disasters.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

45/41:86 at Cypress Knoll GC in Palm Coast. The course is a Gary Player design but went bankrupt. Then one of the members bought it just before the hurricanes last year. All told, it was closed for six months and are just now getting open. We found it by accident and played for $25. The course winds around a forest of pine trees and reminded me of the club I belonged to in Louisiana in the 1980's. Although some of the greens need work and a couple fairways could use some more grass, it was enjoyable and fun.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

...is a Gary Player design but went bankrupt. Then one of the members bought it just before the hurricanes last year...

Must be nice to just decide one day to buy your own golf course :) I would of like to hear that conversation with the Mrs...

New golf club owner: Honey, the good news is I decided not to buy that villa in France.

Mrs: That's great because I wanted to buy a new dress from Target.

New golf club owner: the bad news is I'm buying the golf course I play all the time.

Mrs:

Ha ha ha..

MDGolfHacker

• Like 4

Incredibly inconsistent day for me. Hacked my way to a 102. My blood boils whenever I break the century mark

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Been there, still there :( Just have faith your score will drop (and geting lessons will help (I should probably listen to my own advice, lol)).

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

Played the course I grew up playing today! It's short and easy but it brought back some good memories. Haven't played it since the 90's so the nostalgia factor was high! Just got 9 in but I shot a +2 36 from the tips and was a few lip out putts from playing even par. Good times!

IMG_0057.JPG

• Like 4

Been there, still there :( Just have faith your score will drop (and geting lessons will help (I should probably listen to my own advice, lol)).

MDGolfHacker

Forgot to mention I bee-lined it straight for the pro's office from 18 green and bought a 3 lesson pack lol

• Like 3

Incredibly inconsistent day for me. Hacked my way to a 102. My blood boils whenever I break the century mark

Glad you're investing in some lessons! I have to say, keeping score isn't always the best way to have fun playing golf or to get better at golf. If you're a high handicap, unless you're posting rounds for a verified index, don't worry about it! Hit a couple balls, improve your lie, practice a putt if you want. Focus on improving the basics of the game and worry about scoring later!

• Like 3

Glad you're investing in some lessons! I have to say, keeping score isn't always the best way to have fun playing golf or to get better at golf. If you're a high handicap, unless you're posting rounds for a verified index, don't worry about it! Hit a couple balls, improve your lie, practice a putt if you want. Focus on improving the basics of the game and worry about scoring later!

Lessons are totally worth it. The girlfriend's game improved hugely after taking a couple! Most of my misses are bonehead things like hitting the ground first that causes my score to be so high. Gonna practice a lot this year, enter a few local am tourneys and hopefully keep on improving!

• Like 2

39 today... showed up the course expecting to hit the range but it was mats only so went out for a spontaneous 9. Was alright off the tee, driver was going a mile. Ball striking was insanely good. But I would get up to the green and throw the hole away, nothing outside 5 feet wanted to drop and chipping was horrendous. Oh well not a bad day, stuff to work on.

• Like 2

Had the opposite from Smalls1588...

Played 9 and could *not* make a clean tee shot, nor a useful second shot... But short game was ON - most wedges/short approaches were good, with two really good, and putting was solid. Well, except for one devilish green that fooled me twice in a row so I three-putted...

Bizarre nine in league last night. I birdied the first hole, played the wrong ball and gave away the third hole. Pumped two drives ob and made a nice putt for 9 on four and won the last three holes to actually win the match despite shooting 43. A 9 on one hole in match play will do that. If you're wondering why it's because my opponent made seven and I needed to play the hole out. The course was so dry that the ball is going forever. Throw in the fact that Temple Terrace is actually hilly and balls are ending up in places that guys don't expect. They are doing a nice job of watering the greens but there is just no grass to be found in the fairways. It's like playing on linoleum. My 43 was the second best 9. One single digit guy in my foursome shot 50.

On of the most frustrating rounds I've ever had yesterday. Local muni course known for slow play, dad and I were the first ones off in the afternoon, they pair you up with others, we got paired with a walker and you could see the after work line up starting to form. This instantly got in my head because I hate being the person to hold everyone else up (and really when you let one group play through at this course, its just a parade of people playing through) My dad and I arent slow golfers but I shoot low 90's he shoots low 100's but is always ready to play when its his turn.  

Felt rushed the entire time, the super slice on the driver was back, irons were off, ended up taking a 50 with a par on the last hole. Was just not an enjoyable round

Played really lousy at men's league yesterday morning. very embarrassing. My wife says whenever I get uptight (playing competitively vs against myself) I get tall on the ball in my backswing.

• Like 2

Played really lousy at men's league yesterday morning. very embarrassing. My wife says whenever I get uptight (playing competitively vs against myself) I get tall on the ball in my backswing.

Good advice

Absolutely, it's 2 rounds in one accept you are in hell the whole day, it's awesome.

You tee up 2 balls, pick the worse one in terms of distance and lie. Then hit the worse shot out of the 2 then drop another ball hit it and pick the worse one out of the next, till you hole out. Sounds easy? It's not. It's the ultimate "can you hold you $h!t together"

I couldn't play this game on any muni courses unless it's wide open, but on the private course usually wide open after the morning rush. The first time I tried this I probably shot 120,( it was a match play didn't keep scores)I was a 4 hdcp, we just came off of playing 2 ball best ball an I was on fire shot 64, said to myself how bad can it be. Oh it was brutal.

Try it sometime. Most pros would struggle to break 85, I'd probably blow up beyond 100 if I'm not on my home course.

I've done a variation of that against one if my buddies who is about a 20 hdcp. He plays a 1 man scramble against my worst ball scramble. If he gets two cracks at everything he can make some pars and lots of bogies and if im playing my worst ball on each shot comes out about the same. Putting is the worst, if I make a 10 footer I have to make it again for it to count. It is interesting and nerve-wracking

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

First one out today. Supposed to be paired with someone but never showed up.

Was on the ass of the guy doing the tee boxes and aprons/collars the first couple holes. So pulled out a couple extra balls and messed around a lot on the green, it a couple tee shots, always played the same ball though. Got so bad a couple groups were lined up. He finally finished on 12. Not a stellar round by any means. I hate standing around waiting so long before I tee off

Hit it well last night 44 for 9 with 4, yes count them 4 3jacks. not a bad total considering I started the night of +5 after 2 holes (0 of them penalty strokes, and one of those holes was 1 putt... so yeahhhh) even threw a bird in there on a very reachable par 5 that I just keep missing a little to the right (nothing but trees to the left) but i'm getting closer each week. I just wish I could work any consistency in. last 4 weeks have been 44 52 54 45

• Like 3