Our Sponsors

41 / 43 = 84 today

I'm pretty close to getting my newish King Cobra F6 dialed in. I hit some solid shots with ole blue today....

• Like 3

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

Posted Images

Played in my 9 hole men's league in the heat yesterday late afternoon. It was an up and down round. I either Par'd a hole or double bogeyed it. Shot a 42. Made a nice par save on the last hole after pushing a 6 iron approach shot to the left. Ball ended up on hard pan between the cart path and the start of the grass. Had to chip over a mound to a middle pin backed by a sand trap. Maybe about 12'ft to the pin uphill slight break left to right and drained it for a par save. Carolina Golfer 2 was about a foot away behind me and gave me the line when he putted!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 3

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Second time 'round at Palm Harbor GC in Palm Coast, FL. This is our last round for the trip......I shot 41/46:87 from the Senior Tees (5300 yes.). The course was in great shape and I had several birdie chances......but none dropped.

It was my buddy's birthday(63) and I won the front, he won the back but I got the overall 87 to 89 so I won a dollar

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Better than usual today! Most shots were solid and misses were not all that horrible, and actually playable. Short game was mostly decent, too .. feel like putting is getting incrementally better over time (yea!).

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

I've been playing pretty well this week (made eagle on a 5 yesterday evening!) but for some reason, I just seem to have lost the ability to hit my 7i! I mean, I'm really not hitting it. Just the 7i, nothing else. I'm starting to think it's a mild version of the shanks or something. Overtime I hit it, big fat slice that just hangs there. I've tried going with a comically strong grip, going extremely inside out in my swing and nothing works! I think I'm going crazy! 

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Played Shadow Creek in Vegas today for the first round of Tiger Jam. One of my favorite course that I have ever played and not even food poisoning could keep me from going out this morning. Took a good nap for an hour when I got there this morning, drank a lot of water and Powerade and avoided solid food at all costs. When I finally made it out to the range I had some good company....Paige Spiranic was hitting balls next to me (and she did not disappoint). Met Kid Rock and Wesley Bryan did a short clinic before the round. I missed most of his clinic to get out of the sun and near the facilities. We started out round on #4 and I was able to cobble together a few pars to start the round, made two terrible bogies and turned to #10 at +2. Had an up and down back nine for a 39 which was highlighted by a near ace at 17. Played the first three holes in -2 with two birds and a par to shoot 75 on the day. I have a ton of pictures of the course on my phone that I can post when I can get to a computer since the app still will not let me post photos.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

As a follow up I am delayed and not sure if I am getting out of LAX to JFK tonight at this point. Food poisoning and travel delays to play Shadow Creek???? Yes it was worth it.

• Like 4

In the Bag for 2020

Chopped it up really badly, but somehow only ended up 10 over playing off 7. Horrible off the tee, only hit 6 greens, but somehow my score didn't really reflect how badly I played. Conditions were perfect, company was great so a long way from the worst day on the course.

• Like 1

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:cobra-small: F8 4 Hybrid
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I was +1 through 12, I was striking the ball really good, and putting pretty good even though the greens were awful, then I blew a tire, then another, then blew a gasket, then finally the whole car blew apart. Double 13, double 14, par 15, bogey 16, 17, and 18 for a cool 80. Nice finish. So +1 for 12 holes then + 7 for the last 6, I only 2 bad shots, just missed a few short putts coming in, but the greens were terrible today.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

First time playing a full round today since I've been busy around the new house. It felt like I haven't golfed in ages. The last time I was out, it was great. This time, I felt like a noob. Frustrating. Time to get back in the rhythm.. hopefully.

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

I had a mediocre round today shooting 84; just too many dumb mistakes and lack of getting the ball in the hole when I made them.  My wife had her best round ever shooting 82.  Yes, she beat me.  Not the first time; won't be the last.  

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I played yesterday morning. Rained a lot Friday and overnight, and stopped just as we took off on the 1st hole.

Super soggy, came home splattered with mud, 9 over.

Gonna try again later this morning!

• Like 3

Okay............. as many of you know by now, I've been struggling for the past few weeks. I decided today that I was going to listen to a member here.... downlowkey, and not even acknowledge my poor play today.

My buddy and I had breakfast at the local sports bar and then headed to the course for an 8:15 tee time. I told him I was just going to play and not worry about anything. So..... I ended up carding a 39 on the front and a 43 on the back for 82 total. Not too shabby for what I've gone through these past weeks.

Another thing.... it was an overcast morning that called for rain, so there was no one else in front of us. We played 18 holes in 2hrs. 20 minutes. It can be done, but it's virtually impossible to finish in under 4 hrs. when the course is full.

All in all, if it wasn't for the four pars that I left out there that should have been made, it could have been a high 70's on the card. I'll take this and run with it! Thank you for the advice downlowkey.

• Like 6

Played in our opening tournament today and shot an awful 80. Not sure what was off other than everything. Drove it poorly, hit my irons poorly, putted poorly and well my short game was awful. #13 sums up my day perfectly. Downwind par 4 played 348 that I drove. Lagged the first putt up to two feet and horseshoed the birdie putt. Tomorrow is another day.

• Like 2

In the Bag for 2020

Front 9 was raining a little, back nine no rain, but the wind picked up.

47/44=91 6 fairways 5 GIR 36 putts.

:cobra-small: Driver F9    
:cobra-small: 3 wood                

:cobra-small: 5 wood 18 TS2 

:mizuno-small:  Irons 6i / 9i MP-20 HMB   
:mizuno-small: wedge T20 46* 50* 54* 56*                                                     

:taylormade-small: FCG #7 Chalk

:taylormade-small: TP5 

Ugh. Two steps back. Gonna echo JMikecpa: "Tomorrow is another day."

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Beautiful 84* day today!  It's 83* right now at 7:30pm.   I shot the temperature... 82 today.  I really drove the ball crappy.  I only hit 6 shots with irons other than wedges, and 4 of those were on par 3's!!  All other approaches were with hybrids.  Needless to say, I didn't hit many greens.  Chipping was adequate, and putting was better than normal so I saved a lot of shots that weren't going in last week.  No... my wife didn't beat me today!!

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”