Our Sponsors

Played yesterday morning at Paradise Lake in Suffield until we got rained out. Which was a pity, because I was playing well, for me. Shot a 43 on the front 9 and did OK on the back until the heavens opened up on 14. It's a long par 3, hit 5 hybrid to the back of the green, 176 yards (of course the pin is at the front) and 2 putted for par.

My partner looked at me and asked "are you done?" and we headed for the car park.

• Like 2

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

Un-bloody-conscious! I still can't believe it but I shot a 79! 57% FIR 33% GIR 30 putts.  

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

Posted Images

As a follow up I am delayed and not sure if I am getting out of LAX to JFK tonight at this point. Food poisoning and travel delays to play Shadow Creek???? Yes it was worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Several years ago, I guess one could say that playing Shadow Creek was a perk of my job.   I attended a health related conference with a surgeon, an anesthesiologist and an internal medicine doc.   Around 6 in the afternoon, I accompanied them to a dice table at the Bellagio.  They were playing with their multiple black chips, while I would occasionally put out one of my red ones.  We quite often discussed our plans to play golf the next day.   Around midnight, I guess it was a pit boss, came to them and told them to stay around that he might be able to get them comped to a round of golf.  Being good friends, they said that it needed to be a foursome.   About an hour later, the gentleman returned with a foursome comp to Shadow Creek.  It was the first and only time, that I will take a limo to a golf course.   Now I was born a poor country boy and I will die a poor country boy, but at least for one day, I got to see how the fancy folks live.  

• Like 4

40 / 45 = 85 today.  I actually hit the ball pretty good today however we started rushing our swings on the back as a big tournament was kicking off at 12:30.   I figured at least 5 or 6 shots were throw away strokes  which I would have easily cashed  in if I were grinding.

• Like 2

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

Dealing with shoulder rehab setback so hadn't hit a ball for over a month. Played yesterday not expecting much. Went into #18 (-3) with a totally clean card; finished at even. Ughhh!

• Like 3

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Dealing with shoulder rehab setback so hadn't hit a ball for over a month. Played yesterday not expecting much. Went into #18 (-3) with a totally clean card; finished at even. Ughhh!

Sorry about your shoulder, but still a great round.    Heck, if I ever shot even, if I were to die leaving 18, when I reach the gates, I would say to St. Peter--guess what I did today Pete.   And he would most likely say, we know, we just thought that you should die happy. 

• Like 3

Was to play 18 in an event on Sunday...thank god it rained and they canceled the event. We still went and had plans to walk 18. But only made it thru 9. Could not get the cobwebs out that day ha. Maybe it was Saturday night reminding me I'm not 22 anymore.

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade M6 10.5*

FW: Sub70 16* 4 wood

Irons:  Sub 70 

699 Pro - 3 Iron (4 iron bent to 20*)

639 CB 4 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges:

Titleist Vokey SM7 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Taylormade Spider
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
Bag: Sub 70 Cart Bag
Handicap index:  +3.5

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Days like today are what make the game great and frustrating all at once. Had the best round of my life at 91 (42/49) last 2 holes on the back triple, double. Thought today was the day I'd finally break 90.

• Like 4

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Days like today are what make the game great and frustrating all at once. Had the best round of my life at 91 (42/49) last 2 holes on the back triple, double. Thought today was the day I'd finally break 90.

It will come.  Don't focus on your score during the round.  Once you break 90, it's easier the next time.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It will come.  Don't focus on your score during the round.  Once you break 90, it's easier the next time.

I wasnt focused on it during the roun, but after 9 (we were only supposed to play 9, I was sitting at 42, best I'd ever shot on the front 9 at this course) so I said lets continue and then the wheels fell off on 11 when I bladed a 60 yard chip shot 60 yards past the hole. Started losing control of my drive which made me try for shots that I shouldnt have been.

Like I said its gratifying and frustrating all at once, that I hate this game I want to quit feeling when I saw it was 91, but then also this is the best youve ever played be happy feeling makes me want to get back out.

More so just ranting to people who I know would understand, the fiance was like "you did great why are you mad" and was done with it

• Like 2

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Yesterday I played at Babe Zaharias. My buddy picked me up at 6:15 and drove to the course. Upon arrival someone noted that we had the same shirt on, a white Babe Zaharias shirt. We then proceeded to ride in the same cart and shot 43/44:87....Both of us!

Isn't that sort of weird?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Yesterday I played at Babe Zaharias. My buddy picked me up at 6:15 and drove to the course. Upon arrival someone noted that we had the same shirt on, a white Babe Zaharias shirt. We then proceeded to ride in the same cart and shot 43/44:87....Both of us!

Isn't that sort of weird?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should find someone with the same shirt that shoots 79.   ;)

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

You should find someone with the same shirt that shoots 79. ;)

Ha, that's good! Like a golfing stunt double (or, literally, pinch hitter).…..
  • Like 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

94 with three Alan's er I mean hosel rockets.  I haven't had that crap happen in a coon's age.  No excuses.   I just couldn't get er done today.... :angry: 

• Like 1

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

51 in league last night.  I started with a scrambling par and ended with a traditional well played par.  Well in between was a lot doubles and a couple triples as you can tell.  Continued troubles off the tee cost me a few shots.   Good news is the new irons performed well, including a beautiful 7 iron approach on the final hole to set up the par.

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

94 with three Alan's er I mean hosel rockets. I haven't had that crap happen in a coon's age. No excuses. I just couldn't get er done today.... :angry:

How was new Little Blue? It work..?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

How was new Little Blue? It work..?

Pretty lil blue heifer for sure however I knew the small stock grip was not gonna work.  I have big old hambone hands so I will be going to oversize asap.  Plus the stiff shaft is not gonna cut it with my swing speed.  I'll be looking for a regular flex low kick hybrid shaft and then all should be well.  I hit a couple of really solid shots with it but it was not as smooth as I had hoped for. My bad for thinking I could still elevate a stiff shaft with my slow swing speed.

• Like 1

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

I start tournament season next weekend. I was going to go for a tune up lesson but I also have been scoring well lately, don't know if I want to mess with my rhythm 

• Like 1

In my bag:

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 10.5* lofted down to 9.0* Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6X

Wood: :cobra-small: Speedzone Tour Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7X

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: MIM Tour Irons 4-PW Project X 6.5

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM Black 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X 

Shot 42/45:87 today. Drives were spot on and made some insane putts(27) but my new hogans just weren't feeling it today as my pitches and chips were awful.

• Like 2

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I decided I'd had enough of work for one week, so I took a day of vacation and made it a four day weekend. I played 18 holes and shot 79 this morning. It's amazing what getting out of bed at a reasonable time, making a pot of coffee and breakfast can do for your attitude...lol.

• Like 5

I decided I'd had enough of work for one week, so I took a day of vacation and made it a four day weekend. I played 18 holes and shot 79 this morning. It's amazing what getting out of bed at a reasonable time, making a pot of coffee and breakfast can do for your attitude...lol.

Good job !

• Like 1

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood