Our Sponsors

Well, I hit the ball today, a lot for me, 86 times in fact. No broken or thrown clubs, had a stretch of holes where I was not releasing the club, so I hit a bunch of flares to the left, so deep in the woods I don't think that the deep woods off would have helped, but I came back with some good drives that last 4 holes which helped a lot.

• Like 2

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

• Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

Un-bloody-conscious! I still can't believe it but I shot a 79! 57% FIR 33% GIR 30 putts.  

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Posted Images

Got out early this morning to beat the rain and shot 39-35 for 74. Starting to come around with my game but still need to work on my short game a bit. Dropped a few stupid shots around the greens that could have turned 74 into 70 very easily. Second round with the Spider and it is not going anywhere anytime soon. Putted really well again and the highlight was the 20 footer I rolled in for eagle on the 351 yard par 4 15th. Pro told me it was the first eagle on that hole in several years. Needless to say very pleased with how my game is shaping up now that I am playing a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Very nice I was thinking about that Spider

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Played in a 4-man scramble today, down pour all night stopped at 9am.

We shot a 64, my drives were on along with my 6/7 Irons today.

Needles to say 18 under won it.

:cobra-small: Driver F9                     

:cobra-small: 5 wood 18 TS2 

:mizuno-small:  Irons 4i / 9i MP-20 HMB   
:mizuno-small: wedge T20 46* 50*                                                           

:callaway-small: Wedges MD5 Jaws  58/x

:mizuno-small: Putter M-Craft II black

:titelist-small: Tour speed

Played 18 at Schaumburg golf club, hit my first ever 9 hole 40 on the front, started drinking and hit a 49 on the back. The 40 had me motivated so I went to my home course, prairie landing and hit my second ever 9 hole 40 on the back and a 42 on the back while soaking wet in sweat and rain and dark, while running with a pull cart to set my new personal best at an 82. Even parred the hardest hope after getting attacked by a bird on the tee box.

Sent from my LG-H810 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Mizuno MP59 - KBS Tour -standard length and Lie (flex, length/lie)

Nike Vapor Fly - 8.5* Stiff

Right Handed

Buffalo Grove

15 HCP

I got the shanks, nooooooo!

Shot a 90 after a terrible front 9 47. Driver was on point I think I missed 3 fairways at most, but shanked like 5 iron shots. Literally toe shanks LOL.

Second round in 6 years, gonna be a grind to get back to the low 80s I think. Had fun though and played with my coworker for the first time outside of range practice. Bastard shot a 77 and was disappointed...

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 58.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5

I've been playing poorly of late.  However, today I started to see a glimmer of hope of better rounds in the future.  My 84 would have been much better if I didn't have 3 doubles, and I don't mean scotch.  

1st double:  Had a downhill/sidehill lie in the rough after a poor drive.  Couldn't get it over a bunker; followed by a poor bunker shot, poor chip and 2-putt.

2nd double:  Poor tee shot on a 215y par 3; decent 2nd shot onto the green, followed by a 3-putt.

3rd double:  Another par 3 playing 170, hit my tee shot into the bunker; 2nd shot got out but the ball hit a rake handle and popped back into the bunker.  3rd shot out and 2-putt.

My short game wasn't my best, but other than that one 3-putt, I did putt pretty well.  In all cases the doubles could have been eliminated with better tee shots, and I would have broken 80.  I'm starting to feel a little better about my game.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Shot 44/44:88 today.

• Like 3

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Played in the father son tournament today at my club with my 11 year old son. I hit it well and shot even and he held his own. Had the clubhouse lead when we left to head home for the day. Doubt anyone will catch us considering we had more wind than the US Open.

• Like 6

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Not too shaby off the tee but I think I should have used my putter from 100 yards in. Couldn't hit a wedge. One hole I straight toed 3 shots with the PW. Can I buy and approach game somewhere??

Very slow round too, took 2.5 hours on the front teeing off at 8am as a single with nowhere to go.

• Like 2

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Played twice this weekend, 96/93. The 93 was on my home course and was frustrating because the two holes I normally par, took a double and a triple. 

• Like 2

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Played yesterday and shot 41-38 79 - I hit good shots with every club in the back although driver was inconsistent - I do think the swing is coming around - maybe, perhaps?

• Like 4

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Played in a scramble today and tried to work out some swing demons. Made a change in ball position today and absolutely smashed (by my standards) the M2 driver today. If I can keep this up it's gonna be a fun ride.

Ball striking with irons was very solid today as well. Looking forward to getting on the course ASAP now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Driver:   2017 M2 
3/5 Woods:  2014 Big Bertha 
4/5 Hybrids:  Mashie+ 
Irons:  Apex CF16 6-PW w/Recoil 110
Wedges:  RTX3 MB 48/54/58
Putter:  White Hot Pro #3 w/SS 2.0
Ball: â€‹Z-Star Yellow

Shot 78. 39-39. Had a double hit chip shot which led to a double bogey. Haha. Sloppy with wedges inside 100 and couldn't get the yardage right. Hit some good shots, hit some bad shots. Just ok round. However, here is a fun fact: I played with interlock grip the front nine and overlap grip the back nine. Experimenting with grips to see which is better. Still undecided.

• Like 2

Shot 78. 39-39. Had a double hit chip shot which led to a double bogey. Haha. Sloppy with wedges inside 100 and couldn't get the yardage right. Hit some good shots, hit some bad shots. Just ok round. However, here is a fun fact: I played with interlock grip the front nine and overlap grip the back nine. Experimenting with grips to see which is better. Still undecided.

"Better" all around or better for producing a particular type of shot?
  • Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Not feeling so well today and walking made it a bit worse. Didn't shoot too bad 38-40 78 but my heart rate jumped up on a few holes small hill pushed me to 150bpm it's unusual for me. I was an avid mountain biker who feels at home with high heart rate. gotta go see my dr.

• Like 1

Not feeling so well today and walking made it a bit worse. Didn't shoot too bad 38-40 78 but my heart rate jumped up on a few holes small hill pushed me to 150bpm it's unusual for me. I was an avid mountain biker who feels at home with high heart rate. gotta go see my dr.

Yes - go!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Played 9 early, getting hot and very humid. Welcome to Florida right! A 3 over 39, hit irons on 2 on 2nd shots worked.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Finally won in men's league today. Our 3 man team won $45 - now if I could only do that every week

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD