Our Sponsors

Yesterday was a round that I debated if I'd take my clubs home. Shot a 52 on my home course, that I havnt shot over 50 on all summer, other than my first time out. I am working on tweaking my swing and really activating my hips for more power, which when I do it correct, the balls goes dead straight, however my normal iron shot is a strong draw. So when I aim straight of course I dont activate my hips as well and it slices, when I aim left, it goes dead straight. I was pin high on 2nd shots on probably 4 of my 2nd shots. 

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Un-bloody-conscious! I still can't believe it but I shot a 79! 57% FIR 33% GIR 30 putts.  

Posted Images

Played in my usual 9 hole work league yesterday and was 5 over after 8 holes then I double par'ed the 9th.. I put a tee ball in the water then my 3rd went ob tied my highest round of 45 for the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played Wednesday old fart 18. Shot 81 but was ugly. Somehow started hitting thin but had some "skull & run" that didn't hurt me.

Hot & humid, 93' index 109'. Not good.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Yesterday was a round that I debated if I'd take my clubs home. Shot a 52 on my home course, that I havnt shot over 50 on all summer, other than my first time out. I am working on tweaking my swing and really activating my hips for more power, which when I do it correct, the balls goes dead straight, however my normal iron shot is a strong draw. So when I aim straight of course I dont activate my hips as well and it slices, when I aim left, it goes dead straight. I was pin high on 2nd shots on probably 4 of my 2nd shots.

Without wearing out the obvious - big swing changes take a lotta time to work in. Be patient....
  • Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

My hot streak continues with another -2 68.

Eagle, 4 birds and 4 bogies

Played with my buddy, rockingCPA and played early as usual, to beat the heat of this afternoon.

Driver was my club today for the most part, but my trusty little callaway 815 hybrid really made a couple of life savers today. I love that club.

Putter was pretty good today too.

• Like 5

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

... Played Settlers Hill in the Chicago suburbs, a course on an old landfill I have not played in probably 10 years. Some nice holes and surprising elevation changes in a flat area. After playing it yesterday I remembered why I don't play there. Circus greens with a ton of humps, mounds and tiers. The good news was they were fast and smooth. The bad news is it was almost impossible to make a putt unless you were straight uphill and with so many mounds and slopes even that wasn't always possible.

... My son had a putt over a tier to a pin on the side of a mound. Came over the tier and it almost dies then took the slope and rolled 20 feet below the cup. Putted back up the hill to an inch right of the hole and then rolled right back to where he was. Repeat and then pick up. Shot a 75 hitting 15 greens in regulation because of silly greens and ridiculous pin placements. I won't be going back. 

• Like 3

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Orange 60s
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 7s
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Tensei Pro Orange 80 hy s-flex
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 110 s-flex 4 iron shaft
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

... Played Settlers Hill in the Chicago suburbs, a course on an old landfill I have not played in probably 10 years. Some nice holes and surprising elevation changes in a flat area. After playing it yesterday I remembered why I don't play there. Circus greens with a ton of humps, mounds and tiers. The good news was they were fast and smooth. The bad news is it was almost impossible to make a putt unless you were straight uphill and with so many mounds and slopes even that wasn't always possible.

... My son had a putt over a tier to a pin on the side of a mound. Came over the tier and it almost dies then took the slope and rolled 20 feet below the cup. Putted back up the hill to an inch right of the hole and then rolled right back to where he was. Repeat and then pick up. Shot a 75 hitting 15 greens in regulation because of silly greens and ridiculous pin placements. I won't be going back.

Yea... what's the point of that?

• Like 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Tried to play 9 after work today. Teed off at 4pm, brought a first timer coworker so we were a little slow.

The Epic was on fire. Missed one fairway just barely like 4" in the rough, and one other that I just didn't put a good swing on, but managed to scramble for par from the trees. Course was short. Drove the 7th green which was a surprise for me, it was playing 320 today but I crushed a monster which we all thought landed in this deep bunker in front of the green. Checked the bunker when we got down there and there was no ball. My buddies 2nd went over the green and he told me that the ball on the back fringe was mine - I was shocked and stoked at the same time. Put the eagle within 3 ft and drained the birdie.

Lost a ball OB on the 5th though, and then when we got to the green I didn't notice that I parked the cart next to a bunch of red ants. Walked up to the green to feel a sting on my leg. Had about 10 of the bastards on my shoe, and a couple biting my leg. One even got me in the palm of my hand somehow. Luckily, none of them got my nether regions or I would have gone Texas Chainsaw on their mound - if I ever found it.

Playing with a new guy slowed us down a little, and unfortunately after we teed off on 8 the marshall came and was kinda rushing us along. We played speed golf on the 9th and I blocked my 2nd shot to the right of the green. Chipped on and then walked up and putted with the the cover still on. New guy had fun though, he liked it over shagging balls at the range. Just gotta help him with his chipping and putting - he literally never tried either before today.

TL;DR version:

Good:

• Started the round with a par after a near birdie sink
  • Drove the green on #7 and made a quality lag putt to leave myself with a very makeable birdie
  • Driver was on fire
  • 5 over with 2 doubles

Bad:

• 2 doubles - one because I pulled my 2nd shot on a par 5 left into OB, the other because I was pissed off after being bit by ants and hit my next tee shot into the red stakes
  • Ants. Bastards!
  • Rushed through the last 2 holes by the marshall when we had 10+ minutes left when we got back to the clubhouse
  • Like 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 58.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Took my boss out today.... shot a 99... FML a 12 and back to back 9's, and two doubles. Boss man was -6 on the back for a 74. Worst round of my adult life.

• Like 2

Hacked and whacked (and swore once or twice) my way to a 102. Rhythm was off and putting sucked... Bad combination.

Lag putts were only going half the length, and the next putts I'd have I left short as well.

It's really frustrating too because I just had a short game lesson with the local pro and he had nothing to change in regards to my putting.

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Hacked and whacked (and swore once or twice) my way to a 102. Rhythm was off and putting sucked... Bad combination.

Lag putts were only going half the length, and the next putts I'd have I left short as well.

It's really frustrating too because I just had a short game lesson with the local pro and he had nothing to change in regards to my putting.

Hope this helps but I ALWAYS had a horrible round after a session with a Pro, always . Gets those 247 swing thoughts of mine bouncing around in my little brain.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Took my boss out today.... shot a 99... FML a 12 and back to back 9's, and two doubles. Boss man was -6 on the back for a 74. Worst round of my adult life.

This is the boss who said he's not a good player? Right......

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Hope this helps but I ALWAYS had a horrible round after a session with a Pro, always . Gets those 247 swing thoughts of mine bouncing around in my little brain.

I had a lesson with him about a month ago and we worked on getting a smoother tempo, more consistent swing, etc. for that lesson. Still trying to get it every swing. Also noticed towards the end of the round, lower body was getting lazy and wasn't much of a weight transfer

• Like 2

This is the boss who said he's not a good player? Right......

Nothing wrong with a little modesty!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 58.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Can we say sandbagger:)

Sent from my SM-N920T using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yup!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Not feeling so well today and walking made it a bit worse. Didn't shoot too bad 38-40 78 but my heart rate jumped up on a few holes small hill pushed me to 150bpm it's unusual for me. I was an avid mountain biker who feels at home with high heart rate. gotta go see my dr.

Take care of yourself!

It could be that you're sick and got dehydrated but don't mess with that elevated heart rate. Mine got to where it would get stuck there 190-200 plus - that's no fun. :(

• Like 3

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Played in a better ball pairs event, only problem was the better ball was too often bad. Course was playing long, soft fairways, off the back. Greens were slow, pace of play was slower. The other pair in our group were even worse, mates I play with regularly who were hitting the ball to parts of the course I've never seen before.

Worst part was twice tee shots didn't make the ladies tee, and I had to leave immediately after my round (which almost never happens) and didn't get to enjoy the beers of shame.

Despite the crappy golf, we all had fun, with lots of laughs at each other's expense.

• Like 4

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:mizuno-small: MP18 MMC FliHi 4 Iron - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Take care of yourself!

It could be that you're sick and got dehydrated but don't mess with that elevated heart rate. Mine got to where it would get stuck there 190-200 plus - that's no fun. :(

Geese guys B careful especially if your walking. Drink plenty of water, hot humid weather can kick your butt.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead