Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played Gatlinburg GC this morning and what a fun layout. Started with two dumb bogies (both with a wedge in hand from the fairway) and then rattled off 16!straight pars to shoot 2 over. Had a few good birdie looks that didn't drop...I can't putt down south. Overall had a great day out with my son and played with a great gentleman that really enjoyed having my son along playing with us. He was very encouraging and understanding with a junior golfer in the group.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

yesterday, yesterday I thought would be the day... I was heading in the right direction.  Hitting fairways and greens, scrambling where I need to...but, alas, I am still chasing that white dragon (70's).... 

I was ready to shoot 39 on the front but 3 jacked 9 for a 40.

Then I managed to 3 putt a bunch of holes coming in and ended up at 83.

Couldn't read the greens or get the speed right.... couldn't lag it close.... couldn't make the ones I should have... 

dammit.

I was happy with my play from tee to green and if you didn't have to putt I would have had a great score....

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

43-40=83. Beautiful morning, fast smooth greens & nice fareways. Started the front & back with bogeys, off the tee was an adventure but got it together on 15. Too nice of a day to whine about it, always tomorrow!

Getting my putting back, moved ball back in stance and seems to be working.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Started off poorly on a beautiful clear winters day. Missed green from 80 yards, then a 3 putt, poor chip, then another 3 putt.

The weather went a bit backwards, and my game improved. 9 over on the first 9, 3 over on the back. Most of my dropped shots early were a result of mental errors. Misread several putts badly, and wasn't committed to my chipping. Coupled with a seriously agricultural swing, it was a pretty ugly 9.

Started to actually swing the club after the turn, and putted much better. Highlights were a couple of chips from the edge of bunkers. One I was standing in the bunker, about 18 inches below the ball. Bunker play was good, made 3 sand saves. My poor score could have been even worse without that.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Rough day , +7 79 at a links style.

Windy like crazy

Was trying a new swing thought that put me +6 thru the front 9.

Gave that up and was only +1 on the back.

Why do we try different things when we're playing lights out?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Started off poorly on a beautiful clear winters day. Missed green from 80 yards, then a 3 putt, poor chip, then another 3 putt.

The weather went a bit backwards, and my game improved. 9 over on the first 9, 3 over on the back. Most of my dropped shots early were a result of mental errors. Misread several putts badly, and wasn't committed to my chipping. Coupled with a seriously agricultural swing, it was a pretty ugly 9.

Started to actually swing the club after the turn, and putted much better. Highlights were a couple of chips from the edge of bunkers. One I was standing in the bunker, about 18 inches below the ball. Bunker play was good, made 3 sand saves. My poor score could have been even worse without that.

Winter

Rick

Left Hand, 

Rough day , +7 79 at a links style.

Windy like crazy

Was trying a new swing thought that put me +6 thru the front 9.

Gave that up and was only +1 on the back.

Why do we try different things when we're playing lights out?

Golfers are notorious “Tinkerers”, always trying to improve

Rick

Left Hand, 

Winter

Australia. When I read the post i figured he lived in the Southern Hemisphere. Great to hear from people from all over the world

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Australia. When I read the post i figured he lived in the Southern Hemisphere. Great to hear from people from all over the world

Senior moment

Rick

Left Hand, 

Got to play some great golf courses last weekend. Played terrible but had a good time with some buddies that I hadn't seen in a while.
Saturday was miserably hot and humid day at Dancing Rabbit Azaleas course. Shot 80 the first round and went back out for another b/c we rarely get to hang out anymore. Shot 77 the second time and thankfully a front moved in cooling it off.

Sunday was my practice round for the Trustmark Open which is held this year at Mossy Oaks GC. Me and a buddy who are both playing drove 2.5 hrs only to get rained on for an hour and a half when we get there. I was worried we weren't going to get to play. It finally cleared up and we got out there with no warm up or anything so we could get the round in. Things started very poorly as I was obviously tight from the day before. I think I hit nothing but massive slices and fades for the first 7 holes. Finally I got it worked out and started playing a little better. Ended up with a bad 3 putt on 18 to shoot 76. Not exactly the form I was hoping for going into the Trustmark but oh well. It's still going to be a fun weekend.

Side not: Mossy Oak GC may be the best golf course I've ever played. I don't have a negative thing to say about the course. I recommend it to everyone. It seems extremely playable for the weekend warrior while also being challenging for better players. Visually its a treat as well. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

46 + 41 = 87 today as my faithful Ping driver kept putting me in the thick bermuda rough. I'm going to change my shaft out to a softer flex soon.   

My buddy Wedgie was hitting those Cleveland HB irons awesome today and shot a cool 80!   I'll let him tell you more when he logs in however I can say we both are in LOVE with these irons!   I have some fun videos which I will place in the review thread once I have a chance to rest.    ;)

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Got in 13 holes say evening in Jacksonville. Shot 73

Played 18 Sunday morning at Diamond Hill in Valrico, FL. Played real bad! Not use to playing in that heat/humidity and crumbled under it.

Played another 18 yesterday at Mocassin Wallow in Palmetto, FL with my dad. That was a good round for me. Finally found my swing again.

That ended my FL trip. Have a coworker in town until Thursday and planning to play at least 9 tomorrow and 18 thurs morning.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

46-40/86 +14

FIR 9/14

GIR 11/18

Putts 24-14

Finally got ball striking going on the front and well you can see the putting stats. Back to the the old ho hum golf on the back though.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

First time out, medical issues had me sidelined since last summer. Chipped and putted well, no distance at all from the tee. I didn't keep score, however I suspect it was lower then the heat index. What a putz for walking and carrying in 95* heat! Next time, it's a cart and large cooler.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

First time out, medical issues had me sidelined since last summer. Chipped and putted well, no distance at all from the tee. I didn't keep score, however I suspect it was lower then the heat index. What a putz for walking and carrying in 95* heat! Next time, it's a cart and large cooler.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Congrats on getting back out there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

You guys find it difficult to make par on the first? Or is that just A thing in my own head.

Not at all, I find it easier to make par on the first than any other hole. I try to start out well and kind of lose focus later in the round.

You guys find it difficult to make par on the first? Or is that just A thing in my own head.

I don't find it difficult to make par,  but since I am probably not 100% loose I have to remember to take a little extra club on my approach shot. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Yes, I don't get “synced” until a few shots in. I attribute it to being a bit older.

Rick

Left Hand, 

78 with a triple on #2. Couple putts and chips down the stretch saved me from an 80 or 81. 2nd round in the 70s in a month and a half and my hcdp is creeping uo on me..

I hit 2h off the tee box except on one hole where I hit driver. Hit 85% of the fairways but only 44% GIR.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Did not play well yesterday..... shot a 44/45:89 at The Babe in Tampa. Just could not get the wedges and putter to work.....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Yes, I don't get “synced” until a few shots in. I attribute it to being a bit older.

This morning it took me 14 holes to get “synced”!

Shot 86 and no excuse. Hit a couple a great shots but couldn't get a decent rhythm going.

On the 4 th hole a Wahoo sent a drive over my head and I kinda lost it a bit. He apologized but he was being a d...!

Rick

Left Hand, 

This morning it took me 14 holes to get “synced”!

Shot 86 and no excuse. Hit a couple a great shots but couldn't get a decent rhythm going.

On the 4 th hole a Wahoo sent a drive over my head and I kinda lost it a bit. He apologized but he was being a d...!

That is a perfectly good excuse. If someone did that to me, my golf game might suffer too. I can't believe some people's arrogance and disregard for others.

What was his excuse Didn't see you? Didn't think I could reach? People behind us are pushing?

Didn't think he could reach us. It was bull...

The guy was a problem B4 we even teed off. There is a putting green and a separate practice chipping green. This guy was on the putting green chipping a coming way too close to guys putting , real tool.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Took my employee out for a 9 hole round. First round of golf he has ever played and he had a blast. That was important.

But I also had the best 9 holes I've ever shot. -3!!! I was beyond ecstatic with my performance today.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14