TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

40/43 at Las Barancas. Missed a 2 foot birdie and made a 30 footer... meh, short one's are overrated. 😬 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Had a terrible day!  Putter was mad at me and I wasn't hitting my long irons crisply --- 4 (count them FOUR) double bogeys and a triple!  Ack!!!   Managed to reign in an 85 despite those 5 horrendous holes.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Didn’t get out today but walked 9 yesterday afternoon.  Shot 37, 2 birdies, 3 bogies, rest pars.  

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

15 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Not bad for clubs that have not been used in a year.

They were well rested!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

40/41 at Cocopah GC.  This is a short course, but lined with OB on many holes and demands accuracy off the tee. A couple of us have length to reach a handful of par 4 greens, but in all honesty I think we'd be better off using 3w's and 3i's off the tee.   Being left with a 40-60 yard vs. a 100-120 yard shot really isn't that much an advantage IMO. Fun course with lightning fast greens.

On 3/3/2019 at 9:52 AM, fixyurdivot said:

42/41 at Mesa Del Sol yesterday. Pretty stiff winds and they were coming from opposite of normal.  This made two par 5's reachable in two that normally are not. With a good round in progress, I normally would have taken my usual conservative route (layup), but a couple of us in the group with the distance ability gave them a go. Both are across water protecting the front of the green so, even with the aid of the wind, you need a flush hit.  On the first, I flushed my 3w, but pulled it left into a waste bunker - pin high however.  The second, I hit my 4i and it landed dead center of the green but rolled into a rear bunker.  My takeaway is that being able to reach these in two brings in just enough risk that, odds are, we're better off playing layups as typical.

Do any of you play some holes that are like this - where wind really changes how you play them?

Ah Mesa! I lived in Yuma for 3 years and that was one of my go to courses. I used to love the wind at the back par 5's although I almost never went for them in two other than the long one on the back. The one that really is dependent on wind is 11 on the back of Las Barrancas. If the wind is in the face, it's driver short iron times two. Wind at the back and you can go for the elevated green.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Navy Marine, 39/41 with a completely new set. 3 birds on the front with a double. No good on the back. Best putting round in a while!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

dj, what are the new sticks?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

2 hours ago, sp0rtsfan86 said:

The one that really is dependent on wind is 11 on the back of Las Barrancas. If the wind is in the face, it's driver short iron times two. Wind at the back and you can go for the elevated green.

Yes, that is one of the coolest holes in the area.  Water right, dry, rocky wash area just 80 yards at the base of the ~60+ foot elevated, two tiered green.  I've never made or played with anyone who has made that green in two.  Most attempts hit part way up the false front and come rolling back down near the wash. It simply requires a 3w second shot with way more carry than most can manage. 

dj, what are the new sticks?

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Put the F9 in play, with Mizuno forged irons. Traded the Srixon 585s back for the Mizuno. Really liked the 585s but they weren’t holding greens the way I was expecting.

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yes, that is one of the coolest holes in the area.  Water right, dry, rocky wash area just 80 yards at the base of the ~60+ foot elevated, two tiered green.  I've never made or played with anyone who has made that green in two.  Most attempts hit part way up the false front and come rolling back down near the wash. It simply requires a 3w second shot with way more carry than most can manage. 

I've seen it done a handful of times. Key is playing downwind in summer when the ball rolls forever. Plus I played with a few bombers. The men's league was my go to place on Sunday's at Mesa. Loved playing with those guys.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

41/39

sprinkled on me for a few minutes. Got the better of my nemesis hole today. It’s like 388 uphill, slight dogleg right.

4CD2D705-D4BA-4183-AE93-3CA53DA3F9C0.jpeg.25bd8a016ac012fe8377c276405a53d2.jpeg

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Same score, but differently arrived at... weird. Track was a soggy mess due to serious rains yesterday.

Ha! One better today for a 79! Take that!

the sun was actually out today,  and warm this morning. But then a super cold wind started blowing, so the back nine was a little chilly. But I got a crazy putt to drop on 18 for the birdie to get me to my 79

Greens were shaggy and my putting showed it .... 2 wedge shanks on #10 for a double and finished up with an 84 for the day.   Ho hum day but it was nice being out, albeit a bit on the cold side (still).

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

Greens were shaggy and my putting showed it .... 2 wedge shanks on #10 for a double and finished up with an 84 for the day.   Ho hum day but it was nice being out, albeit a bit on the cold side (still).

Glad to meet you Carl! Welcome to MGS! Feel free to call them Wedge “Alan’s” if you’d like.

Played a few days ago just 9 holes loving these irons though still can't putt though. I'm trying to walk 9 holes a few times a week rather than play 18 once a week.SmartSelect_20190309-153836.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

53 minutes ago, GeekingGolf said:

Played a few days ago just 9 holes loving these irons though still can't putt though. I'm trying to walk 9 holes a few times a week rather than play 18 once a week.SmartSelect_20190309-153836.jpeg

Good looking stats there my man! Good to see you back out here on the forums too!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

How'd I play today?  I don't want to talk about it.  Move along, nothing here to see folks...........

Tried the Rogue with Oban Isawa Red shaft......gonna take some range time to get my swing on keel wit( the 44” shaft. I shot 42/42:86 with one birdie and a Closest to the Pin......My drives were very low, thin’ my swing was coming up short so I was hitting on the lower part of the face. Note to self...move ball back in stance.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Thanks man I missed you guys yeah the holidays are super busy for me and getting a warship back together has been taxing on my golf game and my time in general. I'm back

Good looking stats there my man! Good to see you back out here on the forums too!

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

102 today while out of town. Irons were money but I lost alot of strokes to 3 putts and poor tee shots. Still haven't quite got my driver dialed back in this season...

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

40/43 at Mesa Del Sol yesterday.  Front should have been a 39, missed a 1+ foot putt on #9 for bogey.  Back should have been a no worse than 40, hung a 9 on #15 par 5 🤬.  For the love of Pete I just can't get around a track without a blow up hole.

Edited by fixyurdivot

56 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

For the love of Pete I just can't get around a track without a blow up hole.

Oh, don't I know this one!  

First time on the course in about 4 weeks.  Rained last night, but temps were supposed to be near 70 and although it was cart patch only,  the course was very playable.  Hit the ball well off the tee and with my irons and my putting wasn't too bad.  Short game really took its toll and resulted in a few doubles and worse.  It is time for a couple of lessons on the short game;  taking a bogey on a par 5 when you are 10 yards off the green in 2 just isn't acceptable (2 chips to get to 15 feet)

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

82 today and no "wedge Alan's" today @Shankster

Had a horrific day today with a 92. But I wasn’t expecting much being as I haven’t played in over 2 months. Putter actually rolled nice which is surprising as it’s usually my worst club. My driver is what got me into several pickles. Now that the weather is breaking I should be able to get out a couple times a week.

CobraConnectChallenge3

I seem to be stuck in a 78-82 slot at my club. The pissah is that it’s not always the same holes causing me grief. I’ll birdie on day the take a double the next day. I’m just not consistent 

A "meh" day for me though it felt better than I scored (if you want to call it that)...50/50 for an even century. Had 3 pars but backed those down with 3 stinking 7's and a stupid snowman. Frosty bit me in the a** at the par-3 4th where I put my first 2 in the water. Shoulda swallowed my damn ego and drove straight to the drop zone... Struck the ball better on many shots as I've been working on "throwing" my club and letting the ball simply get in its way. My shiny new 60* was in place of my 58* for "see" trials and man does that club ROCK!!! It may stay there a while longer before becoming a wall hanger...we'll see.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

39/40 at Cocopah today with an OB triple bogey on a par 5.