How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Excited for Kenny!

We finally got to play today after nearly three weeks. It showed - ugly 83 - nothing memorable other than tons of rust. Lots of trees down on the course. attachicon.gifIMG_0620.JPG

Sadly the one I'd love to see gone was still there.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Funny how that works. We had some really bad flooding this spring that took down two trees, but the wrong two. The one tree I want gone lives on. Might come down to a balaclava and a chainsaw on a dark moonless night.

• Like 2

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

Excited for Kenny!

We finally got to play today after nearly three weeks. It showed - ugly 83 - nothing memorable other than tons of rust. Lots of trees down on the course. attachicon.gifIMG_0620.JPG

Sadly the one I'd love to see gone was still there.

Thanks Rev!  Glad to see you back on the course,

We don't have a lot of trees, but we also have one that's at the corner of a par 5 dogleg that keeps getting in my way.  It didn't come down in out last windstorm to took out seven trees.  Dang!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

What do Kenny B and Jason Day have in common?

Answer: We both had a Hole-in One this week.

Today on #12 at Columbia Point GC playing 158y, I hit a very nice 7i that landed, took one hop and spun back in the cup.

Congrats Kenny!!

• Like 1

Today on #12 at Columbia Point GC playing 158y, I hit a very nice 7i that landed, took one hop and spun back in the cup. Here's the hole:

attachicon.gifIMG_0776.jpg

My wife and I were playing with another couple that we occasionally play with. It's the first time the other couple have seen an ace. My wife, playing for 52 years, has never had one. This is my third.

attachicon.gifIMG_3204.jpg

FINALLY recorded my first eagle. Man, that felt good! attachicon.gifIMG_0036.JPG

I got my first one a couple weeks ago. Walked the 30' downhill double breaker in from the last 10'. Congrats!

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wow. Wow! WOW!!

Hi Fives [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] all around to you golfer dudes with your Aces and Eagles!

Nice shooting!!! [emoji106]

• Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Today was my walking day with the guys at the club.  It was a little cool when we started at 10:24 but the sun came out for a few minutes... then went away.   :(   So, it didn't get very warm.  THEN, the wind came up; 15-20mph.  My first windy round in over a month.

They started us on #10, so that screwed me up; headed to #1 and no one was there.  The marshal came and picked me up because my guys were teeing off on 10.  This was the first round in quite awhile where I did not have a double or worse.  9 bogeys and 1 birdie for an 80; +4 on each side.  My new Ping Doon saved several pars and I even made a couple of 6 footers for bogey.

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Today on #12 at Columbia Point GC playing 158y, I hit a very nice 7i that landed, took one hop and spun back in the cup. Here's the hole:

attachicon.gifIMG_0776.jpg

My wife and I were playing with another couple that we occasionally play with. It's the first time the other couple have seen an ace. My wife, playing for 52 years, has never had one. This is my third.

attachicon.gifIMG_3204.jpg

That's awesome Kenny!! Congrats. I'm still waiting for my first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

That's awesome Kenny!! Congrats. I'm still waiting for my first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So is my wife after playing for 52 years!!  She reminds me of that frequently.  Best of luck!!

• Like 1

Played 9 with our senior tee group and shot -1 35.After hating the game this summer and basically quitting.Ive now gone 79/75/35 my last 3 rounds by just swinging the club and not thinking.Had a wonderful time and wish I could've played all day long

• Like 4

Keep it in the short stuff

Played 9 with our senior tee group and shot -1 35.After hating the game this summer and basically quitting.Ive now gone 79/75/35 my last 3 rounds by just swinging the club and not thinking.Had a wonderful time and wish I could've played all day long

Funny how much better you play when you don't think, hey?

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

43 / 42 = 85 Monday

45 / 40 = 85 today

Consistent huh [emoji39]

• Like 6

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey 
 ODYSSEY ARM-LOCK 2-BALL TEN 

If you are following the VAMDPA meetup link, you know that Carolina Golfer had Wahoo and me out to his facility "Compass Pointe" an outstanding 36 hole track near Pasadena, MD, yesterday afternoon.

The skies opened up just prior to my arrival, and I think scared off a few who thought it might last- But never fear- the skies cleared and we had a great round.

The course was in great shape, fairways lush and greens receptive- my initial observations are that the greens are relatively small, and have subtle (and some not so subtle) contours that make for a very good test. 

I was striking the ball relatively well, but could not buy a putt.  probably 3-jacked 3 of the first 7 holes.  Number 8 is an unforgiving, long par 5 with a sweeping dogleg to the left.  The visual on this hole is intimidating- it does not appear there is anywhere to drive.  Hesitatingly I blocked a driver right, hit the only tree across the entire fairway, and kicked into the waist deep gorse, and re-tee-ed hitting 3 and my first double of the day.  44 going out...

Settled down a bit on the back 9, pared a couple then came to 12, a short par 3 with water right and traps and woods left.  Blocked an 8 iron through some shrubs lining the pond, but did not go in the water- played a provisional to the center of the green then looked (unsuccessfully) for the first shot. Now putting for bogie, left it a foot short. second double of the day.

Arrived at 14 ( a beautiful long par 5), and end up about 6 feet out for birdie.... left it short (violation!!!) settled for par.

Next hole is a tight par 4 with water right and woods encroaching on the left- very tough visually, but played for center and actually hit where I aimed and now about 140 out to a two tiered green.  Good approach and made the putt- ok, things are settling down.

Throughout the next several holes, the course fit my eye- I liked the visuals and the understood where to land the ball (even if I didn't pull off the shot I could see what I needed to do. 

Few more pars and I am looking at a possible 39, all I have to do is make some putts- But alas, that was not to be.  Even on two separate 18, 20 foot away birdie putts I had - left them both short.....story of my game - 41 coming back in.

Thanks Wahoo and Carolina Golfer- was a GREAT time!!! we absolutely need to do it again!

• Like 6

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

As ddryan stated, he and I spend a great afternoon of golf with Carolina at his course.    Normally, at this course, my buds and I play the Senior tees, but the course has a league which I would like to join and it uses the longer tees.   So, I played those tees to see if I could join the league without making a fool of myself.   While the added length definitely impacted my game, I think I could survive without making myself look too foolish.  It was also confirmed that I must learn to play out of greenside sand bunkers.   Taking a 6 on a par 3 because it took me 3 shots to get out of the bunker, didn't help my cause.   I swear, if I could get out of a sand bunker, I could immediately lower my handicap by 3 strokes.  I know its mostly mental, so perhaps, I should see a shrink.

Carolina and ddryan:  Thanks for a great afternoon.  

• Like 6

... Just had the best round of my entire golfing life today. I hit every fairway and virtually every green but one, with 3 shots on the fringe. One on the fringe landed about 3" from the pin jumped forward and spun back about 10' and off the green to the fringe. The one green I missed was a 242 yd par 3 to a back pin and a gentle breeze in my face so I hit a choked down driver and just pushed it a little afraid to swing 100% and fly the green so I missed the green by a good 15 yards right and the pin was back left. But I hit a good 60* to a few inches for a tap in. So other than the par 3 I had birdie putts on every single hole with 6 I would call makable and I made 3 of them, lipping out the others. And here is the kicker, my son borrowed my putter and did;t put it back in my bag n the trunk of my car so I had to borrow one from the pro shop. I have always used a 33" heel shafted blade putter and this was a beat up Tour Edge space ship looking 35" thing, but truthfully I only felt like one short breaking putt that I missed might have been holed with mine. 

... So I finished with a 69 carding 3 birdies and 15 pars, and although I have scored lower I have always had some bad shots with a few miss hits sprinkled in. I just can't describe the feeling of hitting every single shot dead solid and my driver was just straight and long all day. Kinda crazy but I was a little nervous on 18 after another bombed drive and I had 152 to a front pin and was trying to block out the thought I might miss hit this one a little and ruin a perfect ball striking day. But hit a solid 8 iron to 6 feet under the hole and made the birdie. Just a very magical day that I may never repeat but of course there is always hope. 

Kind of day most of us dream about.  Great round!

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

... Thanks cnosil. I have also been dreaming about a day like this for 34 years. ; )  

• Like 4

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 Cobra SZ 18.5* ... Even Flow 75R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Limited 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

That's an impressice round Chi!!

I can't imagine what it'd be like to have 6 legit birdie chances.

Well done!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12