MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

So, I last played on Saturday, and it comes with a story. I played ok, shot an 80, but doubled the last two holes to do it. I played a match against two older gentlemen who are part of my local league. We won the front and were on our way to sweeping everything. I had given them a hole on 16 in the interest of fairness, even though I could have froze the match right there. Also worth noting, my partner and I have been nothing but complimentary of their good shots, and to an extent, our competitors have as well, outside of their stupid mind games they try to play.

So, cut to 18. We're even on the back, 1 up in the match. I step up, OB left, open right, I take a swing, foot slips on wed grass, if not mud on the tee box. The guy I'm playing against yells 'Hook" basically begging my ball to get out of bounds. Now, we aren't playing for life changing money here ($5 Nassau), but I turn around and just stare for a second. The guy who did this runs the league, organizes the weekend game but is really an ******* who used to be the son of the mayor in the 60's. He isn't, nor will ever be, as good as me, and even though people are leaving his league in droves he continues to act this way.

Needless to say, I didn't shake his hand after the round, got my money and left. I know it was the childish thing to do and since I'm the youngest dude in these games by probably 15-20 years, I should have known better. But he was also lucky I didn't take my anger out on him. I'm sorry for the rant, but it was total bush-league play in my opinion. Makes me consider playing him ever again.

Start a second league for the same day. We had an issue with the guy that ran our Saturday game, so a few of us started our own Saturday game, and never looked back. When the other group stopped playing in October that year, we continued to play with whoever wanted to play, eventually the guys from the other group joined us, and now we have made a pretty good group, and the jerk that used to run it is completely gone.

we all said basically that Wecan play with whoever We want, and We don't have to play if We don't want to, no one can make you play in a group that treats the group poorly. It's supposed to be fun even with a few dollars in play.

• Like 4

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Start a second league for the same day. We had an issue with the guy that ran our Saturday game, so a few of us started our own Saturday game, and never looked back. When the other group stopped playing in October that year, we continued to play with whoever wanted to play, eventually the guys from the other group joined us, and now we have made a pretty good group, and the jerk that used to run it is completely gone.

we all said basically that Wecan play with whoever We want, and We don't have to play if We don't want to, no one can make you play in a group that treats the group poorly. It's supposed to be fun even with a few dollars in play.

I've debated it, problem is that there is already a second league that day from the local IBEW. Plus, once I get barred I couldn't play with them most days anyway since it's afternoon and I'll probably start out doing a lot of Night Court appearances. Also, I'll finally be able to join an actual private course, which has always been one of my goals in life.

• Like 2

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge:  CB4 Tour 16.5*, Aldila RIP 70-S

:cobra-small: F7 ONE 5-S, UST Recoil 680 F4 in 5 iron, KBS Tour R+ in rest

:cobra-small: KING ONE 60*, KBS Tour FLT 

:nickent-small: Pipe

:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour... For now

:CaddyTek: Caddylite 15.3 V1

Go Orange!

This was a yesterday round, I played early before sunrise. I joined up with a 2some walkers, as usual those early risers play wicked fast.

I have a yet another pretty strange round, my drives were meh at best short and weak but straight. My irons were a little off, not flush but on the green or just roll off. I'd hit 3 mediocre shots and one brilliant shot to safe par or birdie. I'd run my first putt 9' by and made the come back. On one hole I hit my drive 209 and hit my approach with a 7wd 210 yard to 15' to the pin. Another par 5 I hit great drive, thin my 5 wood to the same distance as my usual 5 wood knock the wedge stiff and made birdie. It was exhausting but giddy at the same time.

On one hand, I feel like I couldn't get it together but on the other hand it's like hey, it's not bad for a bad round when I'm striking the ball poorly. I shot 37-34:71. Best bad round ever!

This morning round was back to the stylish fashion fairways and greens normal boring round of golf for a 38-37: 75. What can you say? That's Golf!

• Like 4

Well and a lot. I set my goal today for 54 holes and played 72. First round with two other members was a -6 65 from the member's tees. Played the front in 4 under and the back in two under. Made a 2 on the par 4 12th with driver and gap wedge from 102 yards.

Second round was from the tips and I shot -1 70. Drove it a little crooked off the tee but made up for it with my iron play and short game.

Played round three from the tips and shot -3 68. This was actually the worst ball striking round of the day but putted lights out. At this point I was done for the day until one of my buddies showed up and I played another 18.

Final round was for fun and hit a few balls every now and then and worked in some shots. Didn't really keep score of what I shot but would imagine 72 or so on my first ball.

Overall first day of mini retirement went really well with a lot of golf and good golf at that. Starting to think this work and career thing has been holding me back.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Got to play with CG2 today! Add one more spy to my Rolodex of golf buddies.

I brought my bosses Hank, Yacoub, and co-worker Rey. Rey hit Bass Pro and cleaned up at the bar while we played.

I shot an 88 that could've easily been low 80's. Took an 8 by hitting 2 tee shots into the water then "parred" the hole from there after finally putting a ball in play with my third tee shot. Add a couple ugly doubles and that's how a good round turns into a so-so round.

Hank shot 83 by finding fairway after fairway. Yacoub is brand new to the game and played the best I've ever seen him do but I'm not sure if he actually got a full score.

Didn't catch Rob's score but he was an amazing host and caddie for that matter. I should've listened to him more. It was an awesome time at a beautiful course.

I pulled a rookie move and didn't get a single picture

it was a real pleasure to play with you guys!!  Thanks so much for coming out.

I don't follow this thread as much as i should, so I don't know if Stud always post in here, so other than a few PM conversations with him along the way, I had really no idea of what to think of his game.   Well, watching him on the range, I got the idea right away, the guys a real stick.   He's about my height, (6'4" ish) and that's where the similarities end.  What a smooth and rhythmic swing he has.   Oh and he moves the ball!!

it didn't take long on the course to see it in action.   Our first hole is a not too challenging par 5, but at 535 it's very few people that I've seen have a realistic chance to get home.   Well  we get to his ball, well after everyone else has hit their 2nd shots.  I pull my laser and he's got 165 to the flag.   Well, it's not a true 370 yard drive as the hole dog legs a bit and that 165 is cutting a corner of a lake.  But it was easily in his reach, as he missed the green just to the right.

For the rest of the round, I witnessed some tee balls travel to areas, I'm not at all very familiar with...LOL     His round easily could have been 81 if not for those two penalty holes, and the place he want into the hazard on the last par 5 had to be close to 300 yards off the tee.   I was very impressed and humbled by his swinig and game. 

I ended up with 48/46 94, which is right around my handicap.  I could have saved a few here but this is the life of mid/higher handicap player.

But as I said in another thread, (before I saw Stud use his actual name) Hank was a blast to play with and had a very solid round himself, and LaCoup is making quick progress it seems. 

Great day with some really good guys on the course

• Like 4

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

While I'm here, I'll go ahead and update last night.    Played our "unofficial" 9 hole bonus league night last night.    Played the same course that was the front 9 for the round with Studque and shot 46, the downfall there was a triple on hole number 6 (for Studs reference) that was the par 3 with the small pond off to the right and the trees to the left.   I hooked a 7 iron off the mound to the left of the green into the trees, for a penalty and then a bad chip before getting on in 4 and two putted. 

The good news is the past couple rounds I've been playing while working on something in my swing and it's not clicking all the time yet, but more and more frequently which is leading to a bit more distance off the tee and with the approach shots as well.   Stud, last night I actually had  irons into the greens on 1,2,3,4 (par 3), 5, and 6 (par 3) 7,8,9 all still had  hybrid or FW approaches.   But it's progress!!

• Like 2

...... Stud, last night I actually had irons into the greens on 1,2,3,4 (par 3), 5, and 6 (par 3) 7,8,9 all still had hybrid or FW approaches. But it's progress!!

That's great! Gotta hit those sweet Mizzies!

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

That's great! Gotta hit those sweet Mizzies!

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Yep, got the full workout!!  

• Like 1

I walked full 18 today, have not done it in a while. I'm so out of shape. The round took 3.5 hours not counting 20 mins break at the turn. Shot 40 in the front and 42 back. My legs feel like noodles at the end of the round. I was going to take my push cart but thought I could be more nimble carrying the bag, worst decision of the year. :). I vow to come back and walk another 18 next week. This course and I have some unfinished business.

• Like 6

Light day today, only played 63 holes. Shot 70-68-71 on my first three rounds. Last 9 I just practiced while I bounced around the course. I am starting to get used to playing marathon golf.

• Like 4

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

465 yard uphill par 5 at the course in town. Plays very long and was very wet. Hit a decent drive, it carried 265ish with zero roll. Pin was at the back, giving me about 210. Hit the best 4 hybrid of my life...to within 3 feet. Drained the putt for my first ever eagle there. My eagle putt on the following hole lipped out. Pretty psyched to finish minus 3 on the last two holes. Love this game...

• Like 5

Driver -         Titleist 915 D3, 9.5 degree, Diamana D+ 70 S

3 Wood -      Callaway GBB Epic, 15 degree, Fujikura Pro 72 S

Hybrid -        Cobra F7, 19 degree, Fujikura Pro 75 S

Long Irons - Ben Hogan Ft Worth HI, 23, 27, 31 degrees, KBS C-Taper Lite S

Mid Irons -   Ben Hogan Ft Worth, 35, 39, 43, 47 degrees, KBS C-Taper Lite S

Wedges -     Ben Hogan TK, 51,55,59, KBS wedge shafts

Putter -         Ping Ketsch Mid, slight arc

Not too well - 4 stokes over my handicap. However, as I'm getting ready for 65 yd pitch the marketing director pulls up with a videographer - they're taking promotions videos - no pressure. Beautiful pitch over two green side bunkers and ball lands 25' from hole. (Note they're still filming.). The putt was perfect 25' on a downhill lie and it goes in. They then go with me to the next tee box and I have a stinko drive . Oh did I mention my driver is still broken. Can wait for my Ping crossover to come in

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Great day! Played the CC in Michigan where I used to work. Haven't played here in 25 years. Rainy, but fun day!

• Like 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

While my Buddy is tied for 1st after Da6 1 of the Fall Blitz, I find myself tied for Last Place. That's right, I played horrible and finished -10 on my point quota of 22. Shot a 95! Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

2 day men's group championship, played pretty well today I had 2 bad swings today That cost me 5 shots, and I had an extremely unlucky break today on 18. I was +7 on the par 3 holes today. 4, 4, 6, 5, respectively. Then on 18, there is water right so the play is down the left, but I went a little bit farther left than I wanted, I hit it well, it just went straight down the tree line, and then hit a branch at the top of the tree, the ball went up in the air and straight right, it flew 50 yards in the air and yep, right into the pond. I had to drop, I was 250 away and made double.

I dhot 38/41 =79, 2 doubles and a triple on the back with 2 birdies. It was a decent score, but if I had hit a couple of shots a bit better it could have been really good, that's golf though. Back at it tomorrow for another round.

• Like 2

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

465 yard uphill par 5 at the course in town. Plays very long and was very wet. Hit a decent drive, it carried 265ish with zero roll. Pin was at the back, giving me about 210. Hit the best 4 hybrid of my life...to within 3 feet. Drained the putt for my first ever eagle there. My eagle putt on the following hole lipped out. Pretty psyched to finish minus 3 on the last two holes. Love this game...

I've been wanting to get up to your neck of the woods play.  It's about a 5 hour drive.  I thought I would do it this year; oh well, maybe next year!!

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Shot 62, finished the last 6 holes with 4 birdies and an eagle.

Not all my own work, was playing 4 man scramble.

Unfortunately there was no best gross prize, so we missed out. Won a nice bottle of wine for a nearest the pin, had fun, and we all hit some good shots in lovely weather.

• Like 2

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:mizuno-small: MP18 MMC FliHi 4 Iron - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I've been wanting to get up to your neck of the woods play.  It's about a 5 hour drive.  I thought I would do it this year; oh well, maybe next year!!

Lots of great courses here in the Kootenays. You'll love the prices with the exchange rate. I'm up for a game anytime!

• Like 2

Driver -         Titleist 915 D3, 9.5 degree, Diamana D+ 70 S

3 Wood -      Callaway GBB Epic, 15 degree, Fujikura Pro 72 S

Hybrid -        Cobra F7, 19 degree, Fujikura Pro 75 S

Long Irons - Ben Hogan Ft Worth HI, 23, 27, 31 degrees, KBS C-Taper Lite S

Mid Irons -   Ben Hogan Ft Worth, 35, 39, 43, 47 degrees, KBS C-Taper Lite S

Wedges -     Ben Hogan TK, 51,55,59, KBS wedge shafts

Putter -         Ping Ketsch Mid, slight arc

Quit experimenting with my swing, and went back to my “gamer” putter.

Howling wind, blue tees, nice track.

Shot even par...

Sometimes you just need to quit trying new things, and just play what you know works...

• Like 6

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 Stiff

:mizuno-small: MP5/MP25 combo

Sub70  Wedges 50°, 54°, 58° Raw, on Recoil 760 SmacWrap

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact #3 putter

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Sketcher shoes

Quit experimenting with my swing, and went back to my “gamer” putter.

Howling wind, blue tees, nice track.

Shot even par...

Sometimes you just need to quit trying new things, and just play what you know works...

The key point here is knowing what works.  If you don't know what works, then you have to keep trying new things.  Right?   ;)

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”