Our Sponsors

In a word, terrible. To add to the misery, as a single, it was just over a 5 hour round. :(

Ouch!

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

Posted Images

In a word, terrible. To add to the misery, as a single, it was just over a 5 hour round. :(

I am not sure I could make it though a round that long without hitting the group in front of me. 😡

• Like 1

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

5 hours for a single, wow!

• Like 1

:cobra-small: Driver F9    
:cobra-small: 3 wood                

:cobra-small: 5 wood 18 TS2 

:mizuno-small:  Irons 6i / 9i MP-20 HMB   
:mizuno-small: wedge T20 46* 50* 54* 56*                                                     

:taylormade-small: FCG #7 Chalk

:taylormade-small: TP5 

That's torture!!! Your better than me, I would have bailed after 9.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Slogged through a 102 on a miserable humid morning. I actually wasn't playing that bad until the heat got to me. 47 on the front and 55 on the back. Took 3 shots to get out of 1 sand bunker on the 13th hole and that was the point where the wheels fully came off. 

Now I get to go walk another course with my son for his PGA Jr match. Fingers crossed they let the kids have carts, right now it's 90 with a "real feel" of 102. 

• Like 5

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

Slogged through a 102 on a miserable humid morning. I actually wasn't playing that bad until the heat got to me. 47 on the front and 55 on the back. Took 3 shots to get out of 1 sand bunker on the 13th hole and that was the point where the wheels fully came off.

Now I get to go walk another course with my son for his PGA Jr match. Fingers crossed they let the kids have carts, right now it's 90 with a "real feel" of 102.

Careful, heat & humidity will take you out!! Our group has quit after 9 when it's gotten oppressively got. We have a couple guys whiteout play more than 9 in the summer.

The PGA JR organizers should let the kids have carts, no need to torture the kids it's supposed to be fun .

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Make sure you guys really hydrate. We had that weather yesterday on the course - just played 9 for a 51, went through three gloves. Decided not to play today - just not worth it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra F Max 5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Careful, heat & humidity will take you out!! Our group has quit after 9 when it's gotten oppressively got. We have a couple guys whiteout play more than 9 in the summer.

The PGA JR organizers should let the kids have carts, no need to torture the kids it's supposed to be fun .

Make sure you guys really hydrate. We had that weather yesterday on the course - just played 9 for a 51, went through three gloves. Decided not to play today - just not worth it.

I talked to the pro after my round this morning, he already had 2 calls into the course where the kids are playing to confirm that they would all have carts. We'll be bringing at least 4 water bottles with us, and they're usually good about having someone drive around with a couple cases of water for the kids to grab. He let the kids have carts at our course yesterday for their match so the other course should do the same. 

• Like 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

Right on, keep that water flowing! That's why we all have coolers on our carts and I check that we have ice, cold water and a few snacks if guys start feeling low sugar which happens with seniors.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Right on, keep that water flowing! That's why we all have coolers on our carts and I check that we have ice, cold water and a few snacks if guys start feeling low sugar which happens with seniors.

... We have come a long way concerning knowledge about heat and activity. Playing high school football in Greensboro NC, they gave us one little dixie cup of warm salt water in the August heat and humidity. They thought kids threw up because they were out of shape and cold water would make you cramp. We drank a ton before and after practice. I am surprised we made it out of those 4-a-days without any hospital visits. Once I got to college, practice had as much cold water as you could drink and they encouraged us to do so. 

• Like 3

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

Played 16.5 holes today before I got rained out.

Something is still off. I'm not quite to the point of “what is this stick in my hand?” yet, but I'm getting there.

Forgot tees so I hit 3 wood off the broken ones I could find all round. Found 1 good one and used driver once.

Irons on point and shoot mode.

Wedges are scaring me, I'm afraid they'll go sideways. So I am hitting them timidly, not a good combo.

It feels like My hips are wide open. It's weird.

Might take a few weeks off to forget this junk.

• Like 3

How did I play?

Horribly!

Best round in 2 years. Wow, what a difference in 24 hours! Yesterday I made 5 or 6 long putts to save bogey and double for a 97. Couldn't hit any club but the putter. I played 9 more yesterday to excise my demons, and found out what I was doing wrong.

I considered leaving at the turn and volunteering to clean the garage because it would be more fun.

Today I was 2 of 11 in birdie putts. Yes, 11 birdie putts, although only 2 were inside 20'. I had 3 doubles and 2 birdies for a 79. Literally a total reversal in score from yesterday. All my birdie putts were within a foot of the hole, some even touching the edge. I may have been a touch too timid with the birdie putts and most of them would have held their line just a bit firmer, but if they didn't fall then I may have had the dreaded 3 putts.

I can't be too upset 2 putting 9 times from 20-50 feet.

Played 9 more again today a shot even par with 7 of 9 GIR. Once again, I putted well, but nothing phenomenal. (for me)

We also had 16-19 mph winds both days so that added more challenge. Although I can't blame a single shot on the wind from yesterday. The wind is much higher than I was hitting my shots. OK, the golf cart is much higher than I was hitting shots yesterday.

My group did say that they hope I can get my yesterday's swing back.

• Like 7

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

6 doubles,  enough said.  Need to figure out what is happening. 

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Played a Juniper Hills(the course I grew up on) with MGS member Colcur and his buds....

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpyImage1530493101.813135.jpg

IMG_0561.JPGImage1530493162.002241.jpg

We had a blast. A storm blew by causing a 30 min delay at the turn. I shot a 44/43:87 and beat him by one stroke. I guess I know the course pretty well, been playing it for 59 years, even if only once a year. Will be playing together with Colcur(Bob) again next year. This is the 60th Anniversary for Juniper Hills.

• Like 8

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Had an awful round. 5 over after 3, 8 over after 5. Cold and windy 46F and 15-20 mph. Put some voltaren on a tight and sore shoulder after my 2nd on the 5th, must have helped, was much better for a few holes. 

Drove it as badly as I can, my usually very reliable fairway woods well well off the mark. Putted ok, without making anything. No 3 putts, lots of narrow misses on the high side.

Focus was extremely poor, and the gap between good and bad was huge, hardly hit an ok full swing. Need to get some focused practice in, not just hit balls, and actually warm  my old feeling joints up prior to hitting off.

• Like 2

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:cobra-small: F8 4 Hybrid
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I am not sure I could make it though a round that long without hitting the group in front of me.

They were bad but the group in front of them were equally as bad. However, when you're 250 out and waiting for the group in front to clear the green when you don't drive the ball 250 is a worry. Oh, and none of them played ready golf. Mind you, I teed off at 7am.

That's torture!!! Your better than me, I would have bailed after 9.

I gutted it out because I'm a glutton for punishment and that would have been an expensive 9.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I played some of the best golf of my life the last 2 days. I had a 2 man scramble at a local course and my partner was basically non existent tee to green for the large majority of the weekend. We shot 61-58 to take the tournament by 2 shots. He did putt well and hit the ball better on Sunday but I can probably count the non putts and chips of his we took on 1 hand both days. 
It was about as good as I could have played.

This was also the best that I believe I have ever hit my driver. Sunday we were paired with a guy that is renowned as one of the best in the state and extremely long. I hit it past him all day, which definitely pumped up the pride a little.
Golf is such a weird game. I didn't even make the championship flight in a tournament the weekend before.  :lol:

• Like 5

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

I had the chance to play my home course twice this past weekend, 86 and 85. I will gladly take them. Now if it wasn't 110 degrees outside I would feel even better about those rounds.

• Like 3

:cobra-small: F8 Driver - Project X Even Flow Blue

:callaway-small:  Rogue 3 wood - Aldila Synergy 

:callaway-small:  Rogue SZ 5 wood- Project X Even Flow Blue

:titelist-small:  818 H1 21* hybrid- Project X Even Flow Blue

:taylormade-small: M4 5-AW - KBS Max 

:cleveland-small: RTX3-CB 55*

:ping-small:  Sigma G B-60

:taylormade-small: TP5X balls

:travis-mathew-1:

35/34-69 -2. 31 putts, and from blue tees

Extremely good driving today, probably averaged around 260.

What's odd to me is that I feel like I'm crushing the ball, got a few out past 270. And a decent pro would hit it 50-70 yards beyond me.

But I'm 62, so I need to let that go....

The Evnroll is starting to work better. No, I'm not getting 25 putts per round but, I am getting a few putts to drop here and there, and starting to get a little more consistency which breeds confidence..

I work the two little dots on top without fail on every putt. I still can't say that i can tell they're doing anything, but since they're supposed to, I will continue using them. I hope someday soon I can positively state they do xyz$$.

Anyways- ‘‘twas a very good day.

• Like 7

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes