MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

Best round of my life. Course was short, but I'm going to relish in the fact that I just shot an 80 flat thru 18! (39 41) I even hit three 300+ yard drives with my King F6!

And only three 3 putts. So jacked up right now!!! (A little too excited my out score was 41)

IMG_4562.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Best round of my life. Course was short, but I'm going to relish in the fact that I just shot an 80 flat thru 18! I even hit three 300+ yard drives with my King F6!

And only three 3 putts. So jacked up right now!!!

attachicon.gifIMG_4562.JPG

Congratulations

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I would think you should post 2 nine hole rounds from different tees on same day

Duh on me...

Thank you cnosil,!!

That shows how closely I look at my Ghin app...

• Like 3

:ping-small: G400 LSTec driver 10° on Aldila X-Torsion Stiff

:callaway-small: 816 Alpha 3-wood 15° On Aldila Rogue Stiff

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood

:benhogan-small: Ptx Pro 5-P irons on KBS Tour V 110 S

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on recoil 780 Stiff

:mizuno-small: MP5/MP25 combo

Sub70  Wedges 50°, 54°, 58° Raw, on Recoil 760 SmacWrap

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact #3 putter

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Sketcher shoes

Horrible is the word of the day. Right arm & shoulder pains have messed up my swing. Plus dodging the rain, but got a full round in recording a 48/44:92. Finished with a Par on 18!

... Whatever you do, don't play thru the pain!!! I did that 2 years ago when my right shoulder started hurting and since it was fall in Chicago, I just played thru the pain that continued to get worse figuring I could recover thru the winter. I had a torn labrum but even worse, I developed a frozen shoulder that took a full year of therapy to recover from. One of the most painful things I have ever encountered, including many injures playing football thru college (where I learned to play thru the pain... so stupid).  Just be smarter than me, and take good care of your shoulder. 

• Like 3

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

Really really really really struggling with my irons, 7-PW. I just don't feel right with any of them. It's either a 40 yard pull draw hook, or a 30 yard short digging a ditch to China chunk. I just don't feel I can even hit them. My driving has been pretty good, and I put myself in good position then I can't hit the broadside of a football field with a short iron. It sickening. Played an interclub match, had 3 doubles and shot 80, and I missed a bunch 4-5 foot putts. It's a struggle out there for sure right now. Need some range time to figure it out.

• Like 3

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Really really really really struggling with my irons, 7-PW. I just don't feel right with any of them. It's either a 40 yard pull draw hook, or a 30 yard short digging a ditch to China chunk. I just don't feel I can even hit them. My driving has been pretty good, and I put myself in good position then I can't hit the broadside of a football field with a short iron. It sickening. Played an interclub match, had 3 doubles and shot 80, and I missed a bunch 4-5 foot putts. It's a struggle out there for sure right now. Need some range time to figure it out.

... We are all different in our approach to the game and what works best for each of us. That said, have you taken a couple days off and just not touch your clubs? That usually works for me, although I don't always have the discipline to stay away, but a couple rainy days or working a day or two forces me to get away and I almost always come back refreshed and whatever problem I had is gone. Hang in there, as the struggle always makes the success sweeter! 

• Like 2

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

Shame, we are going the opposite direction.  Short irons/wedges are the only things working in my bag right now.  Perfect time for a captain's choice?

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

... We are all different in our approach to the game and what works best for each of us. That said, have you taken a couple days off and just not touch your clubs? That usually works for me, although I don't always have the discipline to stay away, but a couple rainy days or working a day or two forces me to get away and I almost always come back refreshed and whatever problem I had is gone. Hang in there, as the struggle always makes the success sweeter!

I didn't play for almost 2 weeks, it's definitely a head thing for one. Typically these types of issues are tempo related for me, and usually it's from being too quick in the transition. Like I'm trying to hurry and hit the ball. Just feels all outta whack, I'll get some instruction and go from that, I know it's something simple so hopefully it won't last long. Just gotta play through the tough times on occasion.

• Like 1

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

39-38-77 (+5)

28 putts

11/18 greens

6/14 fairways

I have never been so disappointed with a 77. I had a chance to finally break par today. I made a dumb double bogey and two bad bogeys on the last three holes.

I was on with the wedges today. I hit 4 inside 3 feet. This was the best day in a while. I should have at least shot even. Aghhh!!

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I've played on and off a few weeks. Ended up playing Bully Pulpit which is in the badlands of ND. Absolutely gorgeous scenery around the course, but the course itself was mediocre.

More recently played the ast two days. Shot 95 one day and shot 92 the next day. Yesterday I shot 92 while hitting all of one fairway and I think having a total of 5 shots all round in the fairway. My irons saved me as well as some really well timed chips and pitches on the back.

Started 5 over after 2 holes, ended up playing bogey golf the rest of the way.

• Like 3

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Played Gaylord Springs with my son today and shot 39-36 for a nice 75. Greens were punched so not many putts were falling. I played the tips at just over 7,000 yards and was paired with a kid that just finished his freshman year of college golf. Felt good to be 10-15 yards by him on most tee balls with driver even though I was playing a tee box behind him. I can still move it pretty well for an old fat guy.

• Like 4

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

have not played in a week due to rain ,  went out for 9 with two of my sons  this morning and shot a 37. +2   personal best for me over 9. 

More importantly  my boys are starting to make more contact and seeing some results and getting excited to golf more .  great morning. 

• Like 4

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75-  

Woods -  Callaway Max 3 wood Evenflow Riptide 5.5r 60g  - loving this off the deck 

Taylormade Sim Max 3 wood - Ventus FW 5-r  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  Sim Max Rescue  4 - 22*   Ventus FW 5-r 

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 5- PW, AW   Project X Catalyst 55g Lite Flex

WEDGES-  Cleveland Golf Smart Sole 4.0 Sand Wedge  58*   Cleveland Smart Sole 4.0 Chipping Wedge 42*

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab double wide putter 35"

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

39/39= 78

Fairway 9

GIR 8

Putts 32

Eagle on a par 4

• Like 5

:cobra-small: Driver F9                     

:mizuno-small: 5-wood 190    
:mizuno-small: 4i - PW MP-20 MMC                                                                       

:vokey-small: SM-8 50/F  54/S  58/M

:odyssey-small: Toulon San Diego Garage

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Today was just a fun day on the course;  really enjoyed the day and wanted to keep going.  A few raindrops fell but cleared up after about 10 minutes.  Course was pretty empty since there was an 80% chance of rain.

First time out with the G400 Max;  results were mixed early on as I had to figure out my swing and tee height.  C300 Forged keep delivering;  I just love swinging them and the results I am getting.  When the driver put me in position,  I was striping the irons and hitting greens.   Putting was off as I missed 3 putts inside 4 feet and struggled with distance control   May be ditching the Odyssey #7 I picked up as an experiment.  The experiment started out well the first could of times I had it on the course but has started to go downhill .  

• Like 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

53+52=105

4/14 Fairways

2/18 GIR 

35 Putts

Never a bad day on the course when you're playing with your dad and brother. Had an awesome 30 yard bunker shot to 7 feet. That's all that needs to be said about this one  

• Like 5

:callaway-small: XR16 9*  Fujikura Speeder 565 Stiff Flex

:callaway-small: RazrX Black 3W/5W  Stock Shaft Regular Flex

:callaway-small: RazrX Black 24* 4H  Stock Shaft Regular Flex 

:callaway-small: XR16 5i  True Temper Steel Shaft

:callaway-small: RazrX 6i-GW   True Temper Steel Shaft 

:callaway-small: Forged 54*  True Temper Steel Shaft

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 60*   True Temper Steel Shaft

:bettinardi-small: Queen Bee #8 33"  Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0

Vessel Matte Gray Player Stand Bag w/ Black True Spec Golf logo 

Today was just a fun day on the course; really enjoyed the day and wanted to keep going. A few raindrops fell but cleared up after about 10 minutes. Course was pretty empty since there was an 80% chance of rain.

First time out with the G400 Max; results were mixed early on as I had to figure out my swing and tee height. C300 Forged keep delivering; I just love swinging them and the results I am getting. When the driver put me in position, I was striping the irons and hitting greens. Putting was off as I missed 3 putts inside 4 feet and struggled with distance control May be ditching the Odyssey #7 I picked up as an experiment. The experiment started out well the first could of times I had it on the course but has started to go downhill .

Are you using the Odyssey 7 or 7s? The reason I'm asking is I had been using the 7 and the face became damaged. Odyssey replaced the putter and by mistake sent me a 7s and I have had better results with it. Who knew.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Played Gaylord Springs with my son today and shot 39-36 for a nice 75. Greens were punched so not many putts were falling. I played the tips at just over 7,000 yards and was paired with a kid that just finished his freshman year of college golf. Felt good to be 10-15 yards by him on most tee balls with driver even though I was playing a tee box behind him. I can still move it pretty well for an old fat guy.

Sorry but you are not old

Another good day with your son, great day.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Sorry but you are not old

Another good day with your son, great day.

Thanks but I am. The kid was born after I graduated from college.

And yes it was a great day with my son. He made two natural birds off the red tees with both holes playing around 330 yards. That is pretty sweet for a 12 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Are you using the Odyssey 7 or 7s? The reason I'm asking is I had been using the 7 and the face became damaged. Odyssey replaced the putter and by mistake sent me a 7s and I have had better results with it. Who knew.

Older 7 that I picked up used a couple of weeks ago.  Really need something with toe hang and not face balanced.  The reason I picked it up was that it had an alignment aid on the topline which I really want but haven't found a putter that I like with one.   Probably just going to return it and try and find something else.   The 7s would have the toe hang,  but I hate the O-Works face.  

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Older 7 that I picked up used a couple of weeks ago. Really need something with toe hang and not face balanced. The reason I picked it up was that it had an alignment aid on the topline which I really want but haven't found a putter that I like with one. Probably just going to return it and try and find something else. The 7s would have the toe hang, but I hate the O-Works face.

I have a love/hate relationship with the Oworks face. And yes you're right the 7s toe hang is better for me.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead